Racoon City(The Hero RP): Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Racoon City(The Hero RP): Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby BobSagat » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:18 pm

The small TV flickered on and a hazy picture came into view, the quality of the picture was horrible, and the sound was shaky but unmistakeable.

"Good evening, this is Diana Reeves at ABN News at 10. We're here to bring you up to date with the largest jail break-out in American history. As most of us know, the death penalty was outlawed in 2013, this act led to the creation of many and numerous holding facilities for outlaws. One of these was the fabled Arkham's Asylum for the Criminally Ill, a prison specifically designed to contain super-powered criminals. Originally an asylum for the insane, over the recent years it has become more of a dungeon, nearly impenetrable from all sides. Amazingly, every single abnormal psychotic in Arkham's has somehow managed to escape.

Now America faces war on it's own ground for the first time in hundreds of years. After the initial wave of attacks and chaos in Racoon City, the unfortunate place to have been nearest to Arkham's, the military was quickly called in and has managed to secure Racoon City, ensuring that nothing will come in or out.

However while the villains may not be able to leave Racoon City, they do seem intent on tearing it into shreds and local police force and super-powered vigilantes find themselves hard-pressed against the sudden mass of powerful criminals. After a desperate call for help, the military has sent in a special division of ten-thousand soldiers led by Major General Tanenbaum. The government has assured us that these soldiers are the best of the best and have been equipped with only the best. However after a week of devastating losses, General Tanenbaum has relunctantly allowed a number of super-heroes from varying areas to come in and help.

Still, even with so many on hand searching the city for escaped criminals, the military and varying super-heroes are unable to find the prisoners of Arkham's. Nor do they have any clues as to who exactly freed them all..."

The TV whined away and then blacked out. Angrily Sergeant Tucker kicked at the TV with his foot and grumbled, "Stupid old thing... Should have never bought this antique..." Sergeant Tucker placed his foot back on the floor and concentrated on draining the bowl full of white sludge and not puking. God damn I hate Army rations, thought Tucker silently.

Although Tucker wasn't exactly willing to go outside either, the rain was beating down against the earth with some sort of vengeful spirit. Going out there would be like trying to fight God, and Tucker would hate to do that. Then the young, blonde, and thorougly unhappy man felt a spot on his head become moist. Uneasily, he looked up and felt a drop of water hit him in the face, frowning the man moved and grumbled under his breath, "Steel-layered my ass... probably some stupid aluminum..."

And the rain continued to beat down on Racoon City.

((Alright, introduction posts now, it's raining really hard, Escaped are scheming on ways to get money, in process of getting money, or something. Heroes are outside(or not) patrolling the empty and dank streets looking for any sort of signs of trouble... Others... are... doing whatever.

RP away.

IN PAST TENSE.))
Last edited by BobSagat on Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Re: Racoon City(The Hero RP): RPing in the PAST TENSE

Postby Material Defender » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:24 pm

Thomas finished up cleaning up the Pharmacy for the night, and switched the lights off before donning his rain coat and heading out on the street. He was glad for always bringing a good rain coat to work. Now, back home, to the lab. Hopefully Kaire has been a good daughter and not been messing up my work. But can't expect much from a 4 year old, can I? Ah, well, still can't be too angry. Most of the stuff is in my head anyways. And no one has a clue who I am really yet. Dr. Blight will make his return, and with his promised army as well. He was quite content to sink himself into his thoughts to ignore the rain as he walked into the back streets to get to his warehouse/lab/home.

Postby Alucard666 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:26 pm

When the cell door had opend X stood up shocked. After reading a note on the floor he had retrieved his suit from the evidence room and slipped it on. He quickly ran down the hallways noticing dead scientists and guards as he ran. He jumped from the front door and ran for the address on the card he had found.

(Now)
X sat in the middle of a small apartment the only visible thing the light red glowing of the eyes of his suit. He pressed a button on his suit and a slight clicking could be heard but nothing happend. "Damn." said a slightly robotic voice. "I need more Synovium." He said and stood up. ((thats the right spelling i looked it up.)) "Time for a heist." He said and headed for the window. There was a flash of lightning and he was no longer on the window sill.

Postby Cali Defender » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:35 pm

Lizzy flickered across the moldy, rain soaked wall, slinking across the ground, and then continuing back onto the wall on the opposite side of the alley, before stopping to survey the scene. It was rainy, and it was loud, as expected from a city like Racoon. Lizzy was in his shadow form, and only his vivid green and blue eyes shown, along with the slight tips of his foremost fangs, peaking out from under his lip. He did not carry a scowl, but he was not smiling. As long as he had prayed for release from the abominable hellhole he had been trapped in, he had never planned on financial kick starts.

His nature allowed him many oportunities, without hte annoying nag of morals, but to get started was a bit trickier. He slunk around the corner of the tall, decrepit building, and kept watch on the large sidewalks, always aware of those about him. He could not blend in, not in a physical state. He would be recognized immediatly as a super powered freak. Lizzy was still creeping across the wall as that thought hit him. He grimaced at first, but then softened to a smile, almost hearty. A super freak. And nothing more. After all, if heroes could wander the streets unhassled, than why could he not do hte same? He carried no brand of evil, and he did not particularly care for evil anyway. Nor good for that matter, but only time would show people that.

He moved up about three floors, then came to rest outside a window. He peered in and caught sounds of someone snoring, and moved to hte next window. that to was occupied. He moved to the third window, and stopped, there was no noise. He peered into the darkness and saw no sign of any residency in at least a year. He floated in,seeping into the overwhelming shadows of the dank room, and stood still. Yes, this place would be a wonderful start. Lizzy allowed himself to reform physically and stood, his clothing pillowing against the draft.

Indeed, this would make a wonderful foothold for his rise to succes which had so long been denied to him.

Postby Geomancer » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:59 pm

Gon stared up into the sky, oblivious to the pouring rain. He glanced around once or twice, amazed at the freedom of choice. Then he snapped back to reality and moved on, trying to hunt down the ones who might have the powers he seeked and he would use them, whether their owners were willing or not. And if any of them endangered others choices they would pay.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Alucard666 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:13 pm

Red X continued to move through the alley ways and roof tops trying to avoid the heros now patrolling the streets. "Now where is that place?" He asked himself in a frustrated voice looking around from the edge of one of the buildings. He spoted the old lab disguised as a warehouse. "There we are." he said the eyeslots on his mask becoming thinner as he looked at the layout. He jumped down from the roof his cape waving wildly behind him. He landed on the ground as thunder clapped in the air. He quickly sprinted to the side of the building and ripped off the covering of an airvent and jumped in.

Postby Material Defender » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:19 pm

After his walk, he entered into his new home. The place had been nicely partioned before he had got here into a living area, a research and lab area, and a strorage area. After putting his coat and hat away, along with his wet boots, he entered into the main lab area.
"Zoom, Zoom, Zoom..." Kaire repeated to herself as she ran around the lab at high speeds on all fours. Considering her enhanced speed, she was going at pretty high speeds.
"Hey Kiare, how's things been here," Thomas said to her happily as he went over to a ready desk with a computer and a chair. Not really a great one, but it got the job done. Kaire nearly crashed into a wall stopping herself.
"Daddy, you're finally home," She said, running over to him at a slower speed.
"Yeah. Got some work to do though," He told her, patting her on her head as she sat next to him on the floor. He was at the chair at the desk at this time, and was starting to type away.

Postby Reishadowen » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:29 pm

Johnathan Skystar
The Redneck Ninja
~~~~~

*KA-SHING!* "Not today, you abomidable witch of the damned!" The redneck ninja spoke, as he steadied his glowing sword. "Take that, and that, and THAT! That will teach you to try serving Mushroom pasta to poor people on weekends!"
"Johnathan, what are you doing?"
"AUGH!"

Startled, the controller flew into the air, while zombies continued to pound on the ninja. "You have died, Press ESC to continue..." read across the screen of the monitor. Startled, Johnathan stands up from his chair, muttering, "Er, I, ee, uhm...nothing. What are you doing?"

Retoring, the woman says, "I was doing the dishes, and with all the talk of death-threats and yelling in here, I just broke three glasses!"
"So? I blew up and enitre Zombie warehouse, but you don't see ME shouting about it!"
"Ok, Johnathan, that was a nightclub, NOT, A, ZOMBIE STRONGHOLD! And yes, you were prattling on about it to me for a week!"
"Hah, yeah...but, Rachel, those pale faced abominations were plotting something! What with their dark curses and magic, and-"
"They're Goths John, and it was poetry. It was'nt hurting anyone."
"Did'nt hurt anyone? You did'nt have to listen to it! I was overcome with the urge to rip off my ears! Imagine what other diabolical purposes that kind of magical control could have had!"
"I cannot BELEIVE, I am having this discussion with you again. Why the hell do I continue to stick up for you?!"
"Rachel..."
"You go around killing people, which, I must admit they are'nt missed much, by, anyone, but, still, our son is going to turn out like you some day!"
"Damn straight."
"D*mnit Johnathan! This is'nt funny!"
"You're darn right it is'nt! If I can't end this unholy war against these monsters, then I'll have to pass that legacy on. Just like My great uncle passed it on to me, which was passed on to him by his-"
"Have you even thought that kids are going to make fun of him in school because his dad is a deluded idiot?! Have you ever even bothered to think what would happen if someone found out about you? James and I would be-"
"Johnathan."
"No, not you, -"
"He's Johnathan Juniour."
"His birth certificate says James."
"Only because you flirted with the judge!"

Rubbing her head, Rachel says to herself, "And I still can't beleive we went to court over it either."

Suddenly, the phone rang. Rachel, looking akwardly at it, looks at her watch. "Who the hell could be calling this late?"
[center]Image[/center]

Postby BobSagat » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:34 pm

((Uuuh... two things... You're writing in... *chokes* present tense... other thing... is that phone-call me or Lucky or something?))
2pro

Postby Alucard666 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:43 pm

((And theres no escape button on a controller. None that ive seen at least XD No im just busting you uhmmm not sure what you have...))

Postby Material Defender » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:45 pm

(Nope, there isn't. Are you on the computer or something? And Alucard, you making any progess in those ducts? Because if you want to meet Tom, you have to come to him.)

Postby Reishadowen » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:05 am

BobSagat wrote:((Uuuh... two things... You're writing in... *chokes* present tense... other thing... is that phone-call me or Lucky or something?))
Sorry, I'm used to present tense. It gives me more of a submersive feeling to the RP. And the phonecall can be anyone. If no one picks up on by my next IC post, I'll field it with something. I can adapt to pretty much any RP situation, so I can afford to throw stuff like that out at times, because it's fun if other people jump in, but I don't reley entirely on them to advance my own characters..

Alucard666 wrote:((And theres no escape button on a controller. None that ive seen at least XD No im just busting you uhmmm not sure what you have...))
What if there is a controller hookup with a computer? Like a joystick or something? Ever think about that?

Besides, it's 2030, how do you know controllers 25 years from now won't have ESC buttons on them?
[center]Image[/center]

Postby BobSagat » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:01 am

((Bleeeeeh... Whatever. Let's not make it into a discussion here...))

As Rachel moved to pick up the phone a young girlish boy dressed in a pink t-shirt and tight blue jeans walked into the room. It'd be incredibly hard to tell what gender he was but the couple would have to guess as the boy wouldn't bother to explain. "Hellooo~~! Is there a... um... Red... neck... Ninja... here? I have a message for you~~..."
2pro

Postby lyca » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:12 am

"blehhh" groaned Alex as he was being soaked in the rain. "perfect night for a storm." he said to himself sarcastically, as he sad on his usual roost on the side of a building, his costume a wavy gray to match the rain. He scanned the streets, looking for anything that looked interesting. Seeing nothing he simply said, "Oh well." as he stood up, standing on the side of a building, he began to walk down whistling as he pondered about the events that had transpired.

"The Arkham's asylum has been broke-" reported the television in Alex's loft. "No way...hmm.." Said Alex, his eyes widening at the newscast. He watched it a little longer before standing up and streching. No use sitting here he thought as he checked his watch, 8:32. Eh thats not too bad. A few minutes later he was bounding through the night in his sleek power suit searching the streets for these new criminals. The asylum was pretty close and he was shure that some of them had fled in this direction.

The new "military", Alex considered to be more exterminators than peacekeepers. "They are going to come and destroy whatever moves!" he grumbled indignantly as he stopped and looked around. I just know they aren't going to think before they shoot. Guess it's just more trouble for me... he thought as he jumped from the rooftops. Guess I am going to have to find a new way to entertain myself... heh... yeah right, maybe frustrating the troops might be fun...

((Wee! Alex is cool. but anyway, If anyone likes, they could have a link up to my story. Maybe one of you knew my "mother" and could reveal some pretty nasty things! Maybe she was evil! just throwing out ideas. ^. .^'))
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:56 am

"Alright, the wires are conected, the power is at maximum, lets see this bad boy work!" Thommy said as he lifted his power suit. After he got it on he felt a surge of electricity, ok it felt more like someone was tickling him but who cares? He had enhanced the suit so it would be able to protect him as well. He then put on his regular clothes and his backpack and headed outside.

"Get back here Thommy! You need to go to school!" Called a familiar voice.

"You know as well as I do that I've graduated grad school already! They are still working on my certificate though." Thommy called back as he walked away from his home and headed toward the heart of the city.
V The most adorable plushie ever.
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Reishadowen » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:10 am

Johnathan turned to the small child with a bit of surprise. Shifting his eyes slightly he asked, "How did you get in here?!" Picking up a shotgun on the nearby desk he demanded, "Are you one of the undead?!" Suddenly, Rachel on the phone, reached over and stopped Johnathan. "Damnit john, could you stop trying to kill our neighbors for five seconds?"

Putting the gun down, Johnathan said, "There's no redneck ninja here kid. Where'd you get the idea that he lived here?"

Meanwhile, Johnathan was thinking to himself, "Hmm, I've got to get more locks for that screen door..."
[center]Image[/center]

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:14 am

Thommy was wandering in the city, seeing the military from time to time, be he didn't pay them any heed. He had delt with the military before, and he knew his name, face and all his information was on file somewhere. He didn't care really, if they threatened him he would just keep moving, if they fired, he would fire back.
V The most adorable plushie ever.
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Material Defender » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:34 am

"Now, if I use these materials and mix properly, I should be able to create. Yes! That's excatly it! My second prototype is ready to be made," Thomas said to himself after typing and working on the computer a little bit.
"Is it going to be my sister or my brother?" Kaire asked him, looking at the screen and not understanding any of it. Considering it was all in LogLan and math, it was little chance that many people would anyways.
"Sister," Tom replied to her, and patted Kaire on the head. "Need to see about getting the materials now," Thomas said to himself, "But who would be willing to steal that kind of stuff?"
Last edited by Material Defender on Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Fellguarde » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:35 am

Rain smothered him like a blanket, dripping across the slender frame of his body & clinging doggedly to the folds of that bleak, pale blue hospital garb. The clothing of a madman, a madman! But we’re all mad here, all of us, thus if one wears this cold cloth, they should all wear it! Balance, balance in all things… even in madness. Balance, balance…

But wait, if we’re all insane, every one of us… then none of us are. Oh, how frail their minds were, not to see, NOT TO SEE! Not to see what stares them in the eye, an error within their rotted logic. Oh, how tragic mankind could be, like a play, a play of Greek origins. Tragedytragedytragedytragedy

Ah, but his thoughts were rambling, something lost to be found. The fragile figure walked in a jagged path amidst the onslaught of heaven’s piss, smiling beneath the ripples of black hair that lay plastered to his face. The Jack of Hearts breathed in the fragrances of the city, the deep, floral scent of rushing rain, and he breathed out in a plume of demented mist. He felt… he felt like a surgeon, upon the eve of a surgery. He felt a great deal of masculinity within his frame, something quite easily attributed to the adrenaline and the rush of freedom. He felt the need to… dissect, to take apart, to pluck the wings from a butterfly, and steal the legs from a spider.

O’Lantern had stopped for a gander upon some of his stashes, and had been rewarded by four matching decks of his old steel-edged playing cards. All hearts, of course. He stared up through the obfuscation of rain, at the dissolved stone and battered wood that composed the building before him. This was a derelict part of town, his ‘guide’ had pointed him well.

The doors before him yielded with a creak, spilling drab light in upon the den that lay in wait. Decaying curtains of red, and carpets, perhaps once quite lavish. Cracked mirrors, plush but torn & rent chairs, and a broken bar stained with drunken memories. He smiled once more. This was the foyer of an old playhouse…

Postby Relick » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:39 pm

Alice wandered the streets of Raccoon City in her blue dress, desperately looking for something, or someone. "Come out, come out, wherever you are..." she crooned softly, her golden hair floating over her face in the breeze. "Come on...this game isn't fun anymore..."

Alice, formerly known as Allison McGee, had recently escaped from Arkham Asylum. And it was clear that she should have stayed there. Clinically speaking, she was mentally ill, thinking that there was some kind of seperate world that she was visiting in her sleep, unable to differentiate the dreaming and waking worlds. But Alice swore up and down that she was not crazy, and set out to prove it. Unfortunately, her quest led her to murder her doctors and parents, and cause havoc around the city with her strange powers.

But now, she was looking for something. Something important. Something that needed to be found.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are..."

Postby Geomancer » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:56 pm

Gon noticed some troops and decieded not be noticed yet. He walked through a rift and ended up about 3 blocks behind them.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Alucard666 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:44 pm

X kicked a grating off the end of the ventalation shaft and jumped out after it. He grabbed it right before it hit the ground causing less noise. "Now..." He said looking side to side for the vault where the Synovium was stashed.

Postby BobSagat » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:45 pm

Lucky smiled at the man holding the shotgun, "Ah... Judging from your stupid reaction, you must be the 'Redneck Ninja'... Bad name by the way... Anywho... I've got a message for you." Lucky reached into the back pocket of his jeans and with great difficulty pulled out a folded piece of paper from the tight pants. Lucky unfolded the paper and and held it out and calmly read it aloud, "'Hello, Redneck Ninja, bad name by the way, I've got some information that could perhaps aid you on your holy quest. Help, help, zombies are attacking. They are most certainly everywhere. The horror. Help us please at the direction east exactly 7184239081 meters from this position and bring some anti-zombie weapons. Oh yes, coincedently, that number of meters is the phone number of a friend's home.'" Lucky calmly folded the letter again and placed it into his pocket. With a smile and a wave Lucky walked out the door he came in saying one last thing, "Remember! East, 7184239081 meters away! And also call that number!"

And then he was gone.

Exactly 7184239081 meters directly east, a mysterious figure cloaked in black with a red X emblazoned on his suit snuck into a vault containing synovium. As well as a dozen armed soldiers ordered to "guard the stupid fucking door before they'd be executed for insubordination."
2pro

Postby Alucard666 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:49 pm

"Oh shit." Said X in a metallic voice. "Hope this works." He said pressing a button on his belt. The two red X's on the top of his hands popped up and enlarged themself becoming about the size of dinner plates. The began to spin at incredible speeds as he held them in front of his body.

Postby Sanders » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:09 pm

In the future, there will be robots. Humanity itself will be pushed the brink of survival, and countless billions will die facing the machine hordes seeking the destruction of their oppressors.

But that's another story.

A mysterious car drove through the streets of Raccoon City. It was a blue Saturn, the kind where any kind of impact would shatter an entire plactics panel. It had a "Master Chef" sticker on the bumper. You know, like Master Chef instead of Master Chief? There was no apparent driver of the Saturn, though the seatbelt was clearly buckled and the wheel moved to and fro.

The car parked outside of a small hotel. The seatbelt became unfastened, and the door opened and closed. Keys could be heard jingling, and the sound of an umbrella opening was prominent. The trunk was popped, and a suitcase within suddenly disappeared from sight. The trunk closed within a loud bang, and a short expletive rang out.

Two clerks manned the shfit at the hotel. They were so intent on reading an issue of "Clerks: the Comic Book" that the movement of the revolving door was completely missed by them. Suddenly, a small pellet was thrown at them, and it burst open with a small *crack* and a cloud of gas.
"Hmm" said the first clerk, "I wonder what this weird gas is? It's making me kinda sleepy"
The second clerk scratched his head and yawned. His eyes snapped open, and he exclaimed,"It smells like...tryptofan! The chemical in red wine and turkey which induces..." before falling into a deep slumber.

A wet suitcase and umbrella suddenly appeared on the desk. Wet footprints marked the floor, leading around the and behind the desk. A pen vanished, and phantom letters wrote themselves on the room letting listings. the new text showed one "Winston Bojangles" to be staying in one room 666 for two weeks. The pen reappeared, and a brief session of typing on a nearby computer reiterated the false reservation.

With that, the suitacse and umbrella vanished again, and Sushi X made his way to his new room.
The great thing about Stephen King's The Dark Tower is that it actually might exist. The storyline allows (more accurately requires) for books detailing a story (that's actually reality in other worlds) to be written in alternate worlds by Stephen King. In fact, King covered so many bases, I find it highly unlikely that he isn't the voice of Gan, and that there isn't a focus point for existence known as the Dark Tower.

You'd know what I mean if you read the books, no?

Next

Return to Role Playing