Unrelated pics NOT for Teaser Trailer! ^_^ Still no title

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Unrelated pics NOT for Teaser Trailer! ^_^ Still no title

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:00 am

I've always thought I'd officially come back to the fanfic world, but Griddles' stuff somwhat inspired me to do this...sort of. Now please note that the following is a test and is subject to change, provided that I'll actually do this. Also, this takes place when Shad was 6 (and had normal black hair and brown eyes). Here goes:

Townsville

Shad: Finally. I thought it would last forever. *Shad has just got out of Townsville Elementary after completing his midterms and is on his way home*

Shad: Tests always make my eyes hurt with it's stupid teeny print. Dumb glassess don't help much. Now Bubbles, when she had glassess, she used her laser beam and BZZZZZZZZAPPP! It went big and melted that giant ant. Hee hee. *takes out a keychain with a Bubbles plushie attached(sp?) to it* But these glassess make me look dopey. *Shad stops at a street due to a red light. He sees kids a tad bit younger then him, no less then 8 or 7, playing dodgeball at a park at the other block just across from the current block*

Shad: Maybe...I can play? *one of the kids threw the ball too high and went over the park gates and onto the street. The child starts to go after it. Shad dosen't notice, for he was daydreaming about how to spend the weekend*

Shad: Maybe I can write a letter to Bubbles. Like an invite for a playdate. But I don't have a lot of stuffed animals and she probably has tons of them. And everyone teases me sometimes for liking Bubbles more then Blossom and Buttercup. They keep saying that they're more hardcore, or something like that. *before Shad can get another word out, he hears sirens. He looks to the left and slightly squints his eyes to see a police car, no, 2 cars, or is it 3?*

Shad: Ooh. Police! Maybe the Powerpuffs will show up! *he runs to the other corner of the block to get a closer look. The police cars, along with a helicoptor far above, are chasing what appears to be a small black van, which is moving at an incredible velocity*

Shad: All that for just a van? Maybe there's a lot of money in it. *Shad looks ahead of its path to see where it might be going, only to see the boy from earlier picking up the ball in the middle of the street!*

Shad: Hey! Get off the street! A van's coming! *Shad sprints as far as his little legs can carry him to the boy*

Shad: Gotta hurry. *Shad quickly pushes the boy onto the sidewalk. He was about to throw back the ball until the van that was being pursued came to a screeching halt that had it spinning 180 degrees...and slammed into Shad, toppling him to the ground. The Bubbles plushie/keychain and ball flew into the air as soon as Shad was knocked unconcious(sp?). But just when it seemed over............several large glass beakers containing a volatile black liquid slid and broke through the back door of the van and fell on Shad's head, shattering the glass and releasing the substance, drenching the unconcious boy with it.

Policeman: *as soon as the criminal driving the truck was apprehanded, it was then that he noticed a small boy with black har covered with a black liquid, surrounded by glass shards from the beakers...and a small gash on his forehead* Oh my god...call 911! SOMEBODY CALL 911!!

And that's the end of the Teaser Trailer. I apoligize if a few words are misspelled, for this place dosen't have spell check. Comments are welcome.

Added after 11 hours 58 minutes:

Hmm? I take it that a lack of comments mean a lack of interest? :unsure:
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Re: Teaser Trailer for...um...there's no title yet.

Postby Keeper » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:05 am

Sorry about the no comments thing there. I read at least. Very interesting.^_^

Can't wait to see the full thing. :snoogins:

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:02 pm

BUMP
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Postby Keeper » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:03 pm

What's with the BUMP? o.O

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:32 pm

Huhwha?! That was just a test since it's probably midnight wherever this server's located since I was the only one listed here. As for the BUMP thing, it's something we 'Mustapians' do when we jumpstart an old topic for more posts. Of course, there are rules pertaining to that. I was doing a test to see if everyone was really asleep. Your presence confirmed that not everyone here lives in whatever timezone the server is located.

And my ego got a bit inflated when I only got one post 11+ hours after I posted the teaser trailer. I fear that it's due to the misspelled words. This might sound a bit insane, but this computer has no Microsoft Word!

So anyone knows a place where you can download it? Provided that I actually decided to make this fic I want it to look good.

Postby Keeper » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:35 pm

Can always ask someone if they could copy it over to their's that have Microsoft Word or something similar to it. And ask if they could spell check or grammar check it. ^_^

Maybe Griddles can help. But I ask first. ;)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:12 pm

Stupid Writer's Block. I was going to put up another trailer but unfortunatly the scenes meshed in my head to make this monstrosity. *chisels away at the Writer's Block* Break damn you! Terribly sorry folks.

Oh, did you ask yet Keeper?

Postby Acktoo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:35 pm

You guys think you got enough Bleedman fan fics in this forum or what?
Too good for you.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:14 pm

Who said this was a Bleedman fanfic? :P

Okay, I'm not sure myself. It's the Writer's Block that's holding me back!

Added after 3 hours 7 minutes:

At last! Thanks to Mel and Keeper, my Writer's Block experienced cracks big enough for another trailer to be posted. Just you wait, you menace to fiction writers everywhere. When you're gone I'll quit the trailers and actually get the story going! Here's trailer #2 taken from Shad's perspective (at age 7):

Well. *sigh* It's that time. Didn't think we'd ever had to leave Townsville. Daddy got a job transfer and had to move us all there. Where is there? Oh yeah. It's some place called Megasville.

Yeah, Megasville. The place is much more advanced then Townsville from what I heard seeing as it's known for it's high-techness and all-around strong military. I heard it had this big ship called the Dreadnaut. At least I think that's what it was called. I say 'was' because it somehow destroyed itself without warning. But how can it do that? I've always thought of it ever since I saw that news report and never made sense of it. Of course, no one did.

And then there's the...the accident. Something called "Chenical X" infected me and made my eyes and hair changed color. But it didn't so much as infected me as it did nothing to me. At least that's what the scientists told me when I was hospitalized. If anything, I feel that I just fall asleep all of a sudden. Apart from that...nothing. I don't get it. The Powerpuff Girls have superpowers thanks to that stuff. Even moreso is that they were born from it. Chemical X is their lifeblood...literally.

They live in Megasville now, the place where we're moving. I remember when they moved away a while back as well. I felt so sad back then. I really liked one of them. And it's not because she wears blue and blue is my favorite color. I'd say I was excited to see them kick butt again...but I'm not. I got over them a long time ago. Yet who's to say that they won't perform some extraordinary feat that'll get me hyped up about them again? Like when they saved the day the very first time by beating the monkey army. And the giant ant. I guess I can somehow meet with them. Somehow, someway, I'll do just that.

Meet with them...again...for old time's sake.

There! 10 points and a cookie to anyone who can spot all the references to past works in this trailer. HINT: Look at the words in bold.
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: (NEW! w00t) Teaser Trailer. And there's still no title

Postby Melcadrien » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:33 pm

To see the small battle between keeper and I, against Shadow's block, look here

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:41 pm

Yeah, I already saw that. So you guys were the reason why I had that burst of imagination yesterday. Coincidentaly(sp?) I was listening to "Melissa" the first opening theme for Full Metal Alchemist. Nice timing and nice try, but I'll take on my Writer's Block from here.

For now, what do you think of the latest trailer?

Postby Melcadrien » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:26 pm

Not bad, not bad at all.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:39 pm

Good news! The bill has been paid and access to the Internet has been restored to my house. Glad you liked what you read Mel. Did you spot the references?

Re: (NEW! w00t) Teaser Trailer. And there's still no title

Postby Keeper » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:08 pm

Getting better dude.^_^
Keep it up if you can.

Also I remember that those mentioned the episode from PPG tv show. ^_^ Right? o.O

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:34 pm

The one with the giant ant. That's one. I'll drop another hint. The first reference was actually in a fic by a very famous writer here and the "monkey army" was in a movie.

And hold on a bit. I like that you like it but the cracks (which you and Mel inflicted) from my Writer's Block is leaking out things slightly out of order, so I'm putting up trailers for the time being. Once this obstacle of a cube is destroyed I'll finally get things straight! Although I might have to alter Shad's profile a bit...and his age...which means I'll have to ask Griddles to draw a younger version of him.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:17 pm

*another piece of the Writer's Block shatters* YES! I'm halfway there until this solid menace is gone. Even better is that the next scene that got released is in order from the last one. This one is from Shad's perspective as well:

We're here. It's been a long drive but we're here. And I have to say, Megasville is much bigger then Townsville. Megasville Elementary is huge for just an elementary school. Maybe it holds higher grades? Like up to 8th grade? No, then it'd be an academy.

Our new house is in the suberb(sp?) area. Soon after I unpacked I decided to take a short walk around the block. The first weird thing I've noticed as soon as I passed my home is that right next to our house is a house that has 3 circle windows at the very top. I didn't get a good view through the windows, but the walls were pink...wait.

Pink?! I haven't seen a room painted like that since...no way. Just no way. What are the odds? But the overall appearence of the house definatly looks like...their home. Are they home? I walked up to their front door.

And now I'm...shaking? It felt like forever since I've last seen them. Last played with them. I'd say last trained with them, but my powers...or lack of powers halted that. I curled my hand into a fist and raised it to the door, preparing to knock.

I remember them...will they remember me?

It's official: I'm changing his age...and his appearance. And I have my Writer's Block (or half of it) to thank for that! :brickwall: :cussing: Might as well PM Griddles. Meanwhile, feel free to comment and speculate!
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Another new Teaser Trailer! w00t Still no title *grumble

Postby Keeper » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:29 pm

I'll do both ShadowM.^_^

Can't wait to see the new look. ^_^

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:16 pm

Okay. Let's see how your art is. I was about to PM Griddles, but let's see what you can do.

Here's the reference:

Yep. Griddles did a fine job on this one. ^_^ Only I want to see if you can draw Shad just like this...only younger. I was originally going to have him at 15, but due to a certain geometeric shape's interference, I changed my mind. So before I perform an overhaul on the profile, here's how I wish for Shad (age 7-8) to turn out:

Height: Make him shorter. Not as small as the chibi at the lower-right corner, but a few inches taller then that...and without the crossbones. :unsure: Just kid size.

Clothes: Since Shad will be aged a bit younger now, he hasn't joined the HKSS. So no ray gun. No FBI-esque suit/cape. Have the little kid in a simple short-sleeved light-blue shirt and dark blue jeans. Yes, blue is his favorite color. And as a bonus, have him wearing a backpack with a Bubbles plushie clipped onto said backpack...that is, if you can. Fun fact: In case the trailers didn't clue you in, he really likes Bubbles. :love: Finally, round it off with the same sneakers he's wearing now.

Face/Head: Same spiky white hair and same silver eyes just like in the reference pic. Features which he obtained due to the "accident." Leave in the glassess as well.

And that's all. Hope you're up to it. Good luck! (of course I can always go to Sir Griddles if you're not up to it. But I'm sure you are. ^_^ ) *countinues chiseling down the Writer's Block while listening to "Ready Steady GO!"*

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:32 pm

While I wait for Keeper to finish my request (if he decided to do so) of lil' Shad (or Shad 2.0 since the original is now scrap material) here's another sneak peak courtesy to almost all of the Writer's Block broken into rubble *raises pick-axe in triumph*

"C'mon Shad. Quit shaking." Shad told himself as he was standing in front of the home of the three girls he admired. The three girls he hadn't seen in almost over a year. He held his arm tight to stop the nervous shaking, but to no avail.

"It hasn't been that long. Only a year. Wait, a year is very long. At least to me it is. And what if this isn't the right house? There are probably a lot of houses in Megasville with circle windows and pink wallpaper." Before Shad can ponder any longer, he heard a slight whoosh and vroom sound. The sounds of a car approaching. Shad turned around to see the source of the sound. His eyes lit up wide, but not because of the car. It was who he saw in the car. A middle-aged man wearing a white lab coat and a slightly square head And in the backseat: Three little girls. Three special little girls. One redhead. One blond. One black hair. Shad didn't see well from his position but he knew it was...it was them! And the car they're in is making its way to the home he was standing in front of.

"H-h-h-h-h-h-h-huh?! W-w-w-w-what are the odds of The Powerpuff Girls being my next-door neighbors?!" Shad wanted to run. Run far away. But his nervousness got the best of him as he was too stunned to even get his legs working. He only stood and watched as the car finally pulled over at the garage, and out came a confused, yet very suprised Professor Utonium along with Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup. All four staring at the shaky little boy.

"...........................Shad?" Bubbles squeaked.

Voila! Just another day and what's left of my Writer's Block will be gone forever! Then I can start the real stuff. Although it seems like it's in order I might not need to create another thread. However, there are a few scenes ( a lot actually) missing between the Shad's accident and the time he moved away. Which reminds me, I gotta edit the first trailer a bit. And Shad's profile once I get his new appearance. Hope it turns out okay.

What am I saying? Of course it'll turn out fine. After all, Keeper's doing it...I think.

Re: Another new Teaser Trailer! w00t Still no title *grumble

Postby Keeper » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:38 pm

Bubbles found you! lol

And I might not be able to get on your pic yet ShadowM. Sorry. :(
I can sketch it if you want. ^_^

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:13 pm

Post the sketch here first, then post the finished one later. How's that? *Writer's Block turns to dust* YES YES YES!! TAKE THAT YOU SOLID MENACE!

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:14 am

While Keeper prepares the sketch, I'll salvage out the new profile. You might've noticed from that last scene that Shad is really timid of the Powerpuffs. So much that you couldn't tell if he's nervous or actually scared of them. It's not the latter but the new profile won't give away too much:

New picture coming soon

Name: Shad Staydamind
Origin: Original character by Shadowed State of Mind; Currenly residing in Megasville (original residence: Townsville)
Status/personality: Can be timid/shy of those he admires (Bubbles in particular)
Affilication: Unknown as of now (Former friend of the PPG?)
Hair color: Metallic grey/white. (used to be black)
Eye color: Silver. (used to be brown)
Powers: Unknown as of yet.

You can say that Shad Staydamind is a normal young boy. He's a very big fan of the PPG and tries to see them in action any way he can, and cheers them on at times. However, since he went to the same school (Pokey Okes Kindergarden) he was far to nervous to speak with them. Most especially Bubbles, who he may be a tad infactuated with the bubbly young heroine. Unfortunatly, he can be so timid he often sits in the corner and away from the other students. Yet he wishes that he can stop being shy and help the PPG...somehow. He wish he has some sort of power that can make him a hero as well. He unknowingly got that wish granted when he saved a child from a hit-and-run, but by doing so, the veichle in question accidently struck Shad instead and the Chemical X from within drenched him all over! Oddly enough, there were no visible biological or physical changes apart from a hair and eye color alteration. Shad, nor the scientists, understood why he was seemingly immune to the chemical. Even more strange is that something happened between Shad and the Powerpuffs that caused him to distance himself from them even further.

And that something will be revealed when I start the fic. Hope this profile can keep you busy until then.

Re: New Shad profile for the Teaser Trailer! ^_^ Still no t

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:03 pm

Before I start up my fic I'll post up my drawings. Yes, you heard right. Turns out that several years back I used Paint to draw video game characters. And they are:

Bomberman

Kirby

As you can see, I wiped up my real name. Says who? Says Internet Anominity 101! And please note that these images have nothing to do with my upcoming fic. It's just that I have to put my art in the same thread I put my fanfics. Even if the stuff here are just trailers.

Re: New Shad profile for the Teaser Trailer! ^_^ Still no t

Postby Keeper » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:10 pm

Nice computer artwork dude. ^_^

Can't wait for update. w00t

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:16 pm

Haha. Thanks. Since this topic was only for trailers and sorting out a few things, my real works will most likely be in another thread. So consider my ancient art (I drew those on Microsoft Paint when I was 9. Go figure) the very last update for this thread. I just need a title.

One more thing: How's the sketch coming along?

Next

Return to Art