Cavouku's Art~Holy sh- He's back!? WHY!?!?!

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Cavouku's Art~Holy sh- He's back!? WHY!?!?!

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:56 am

I FINALLY got a scanner yesterday (and saved $60 dollars because of a sale) and I've been looking around for my pictures. These are the good ones I could find around the house (the rest must be hiding, because they know they aren't as good as they could be!).

I'm going from worst to best in what I could find. This is one of two random monsters I found. very off-center, but that's mostly my fault. I like it though, personally as a monster.

The second of my random monsters. Shaded (somewhat) and I think it's original. It's pen, so I couldn't go back to fix the flaws (I.e. left arm and hand) Still, like the other, I like it.

This isn't a "random" monster, because it has a back story. It creates the weapons that Jaggers (the drawing at the bottom) must collect. It's very massive, people being the size of it's forearm. Those lines behind it, are more tentacle things, that stretch out around the whole underworld.

This is Reye. He isn't in the same story as the others, as they are part of the underworld in my idea for a "Jaggers & Daggers" comic (if I ever learn how to do a comic right) Where as Reye is the protagonist of his own story, which is WIP.

And last but NOT(!!!) least; Jaggendisept Kilsacrahatchen Craswenlieptro (Jaggers) I drew him just recently, and he's my favorite drawing to date. Mistakes, yes, but all-in-all I wouldn't trade him for anything. He is the... anti-hero I suppose, in my working idea "Jaggers & Daggers"

He's Jaggers. That's the Dagger.

Added after 48 seconds:

Wait, sorry. I'll fix that.

Nope, sorry. I don't know why but it ISN'T SHRINKING!
Last edited by NoSearchyFindy on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Postby Coos » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:03 am

Very nice art.
The first two are meh, but it got better as it went along.

Re: The end of my bitching; Cavouku's Art

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:07 am

I am much better with pencil. It's like a safegaurd, because it doesn't shoot you along like a pen.

Added after 29 seconds:

Hey, it DID shrink. Huh.

Postby Joker » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:31 am

I likes it :D
Jokers Novice Art - viewtopic.php?t=34934

Postby Brax4 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:54 am

I have to say I do like your people drawings more than your monsters, for some reason, so far, all I can say is the second to last picture is your best picture, no clue? I dunno', this isn't a good critique, I suck at critique, but nice work.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:12 pm

You like Reye? Yeah, me too. I like Jaggers more, to be honest, but Reye is a good character. His legs are a little short in that picture, but it was a good picture. I had a better one, but it got messed up.

Regardless, I drew another picture about an hour ago. Enter the vessel of Jaggers; Alex!

Yeah, he's off center, but it's all in there. You may notice big differences between his dagger, and the one Jaggers has, but that's because when Alex's body is in use, the daggers other features exist as a red aura. This red aura also surrounds Alex, matching Jaggers physiology. Though as you can see, the eyes are permanently stuck to Alex.

Added after 53 minutes:

HELP WANTED!!!

If there's anyone out there that can, and wants too, clean up my pictures, color them, etc. please reply. I'll let you know what the colors of what are what...

Just putting it out there.

Postby lpsalsaman » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm glad you finally have your scanner Cavouku! Nice pics! Like anything, practice and more practice that is all. You'll get better as you go!

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:31 pm

Anything off-the-bat that needs improvement overall?

Added after 17 minutes:

Well, anyways, here's an older picture (and by old, I mean less than a month)

Aren Sharky Ried.

Picture's been lying around the house, and it's pretty dirty, (I have no idea what's up with the stain) but it's in the same story thing as Reye.

Postby Brax4 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:11 pm

Ah yes, capes are a bitch to draw, but you seem to have pulled it off nicely, some more critique, watch how much you make wrinkles in it, i did that for a good long time, but it's not worth all the trouble, also, I do like both your new pictures, they're original, I like your shading, keep it up.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:28 pm

Maybe I'll do some drawings without shading and just use lineart, because I don't know how to clean pictures up in photoshop, and I don't want it to be hard for anybody else, if someone responds to my want add.

Anyways, more pictures later today.

Added after 11 hours 8 minutes:

Okay, I did draw a picture today (Well, I didn't finish the face, but I'm not good with noses, and eye levels, blah blah blah details!) but I'm at my mums now. Scanners at dads.

I'll get it, and probably a bonus pic in tomorrow. After School starts, I'll be updating weekends. If I miss an update without explanation, I will beat myself.

Also, the cape's wrinkles weren't a problem, with my little shading technique anyways, but I notice that bulge on the left side could have been better. Ah well, it's up now.

I find it a little funny my little sister is having more publicity in her art thread than me lol

Postby ROCKWELL » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:43 pm

your pretty good for 13 mabey beter than i was at that age.
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"krimson-Death"--...Ur probably one of the best artists ive seen on snafu...
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"teran4ever"--No one cares if you are a skilled artist, you are a total douche.
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:11 pm

Thanks Rockwell.

On a personal level, I could say I hate you, but you're a good artist, so I take that complimentary.

Anyways, I do have something today. As you may or may not know, school started for me today. I' was alrigh' (It was alright, for those who have no idea what the fuck I'm saying)

This is a drawing I did in class. More heavy shading, but on looseleaf, and a bit disproportionate.

Also that's a katana in his other hand. dimensions on it are fucked, but not an awful drawing, I'd say.

I's a'righ'.

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:38 pm

DAMN! I knew this was going to happen once SCHOOL started.

Sorry that it's late. I actually had it done earlier but the scanner was acting up. Also I noticed this scanner likes to cut out parts of the picture. It's all still there, just a little lopsided.

It's Alex again, but you can see he's just an overwhelmed little kid. He's only about 9.

Added after 55 seconds:

gah, I messed up some shading, but bygone's are bygone's. Well, there are some parts I didn't shade entirely, but I suck at cleaning up.

Postby lpsalsaman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Pretty good Cavouku, the more you keep at it the better you'll get! Good job!

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:19 am

I might do a comic or something. In fact I'll get started on my angle practice right after work today.

Postby sfox8 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:27 am

Yup, I agree, the more you practice, the better you'll get. I really love the one you did at school. I always seem to do some of my better drawings during class, for some reason.

But yeah, you should try a comic. =] They're great ways of improving since you're drawing many different angles and people all in one page. Can't wait to see what you do next.
My art thread
Brawl Friend Code: 4511-0132-3903

Postby Coos » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:29 am

sfox8 wrote:I always seem to do some of my better drawings during class, for some reason.

omg me too.

Basically sfox's post is what I'll say.

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:38 pm

First page in motion. So far I've got 4 panels done, 5 to go. If I don't pull a douche move, I'll have it up late tomorrow. Around 8 my time, or earlier. So you can compare, it's about 9:36pm here right now.

Added after 1 minutes:

Also, funny enough, the one I did in school is the character Cavouku, whom I made up when I was 7. I've really changed him since though.

But he's always had the big ass sword. :bigsmile:

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:17 pm

Fuck.

Fuck the Pied Piper with his flute of shit. I royally fucked up the comic, and I leave in like two hours. Not enough time guys. Maybe next week.

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:18 pm

Hmm, not many people care. Well, I'll explain anyways. Diet FUCKING A&W Root Beer... you can guess from there...

Anyways, I'm at mums right now. I'd have something up, but My scanner is at dads. I'm trying to redraw the comic. If all goes well, I can have two up come Sunday. 3 If I work like shit.

Added after 1 minutes:

Hmm, three posts in a row. It makes me feel... unnoticed...

Postby ROCKWELL » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:23 pm

your not, i hvae many posts in a row, in mah thead.
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"krimson-Death"--...Ur probably one of the best artists ive seen on snafu...
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"teran4ever"--No one cares if you are a skilled artist, you are a total douche.
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:27 pm

Well, hopefully once I get the comics working I'll see more publicity. I'm gonna' keep my dark-shade style, in them, and it's going to be the one about Jaggers. Working title is "Wipe out" and I may keep it.

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:08 pm

Sorry to post without anything to update. Truth is, I have some stuff done that I could bring in, but my dad is hiking this weekend, and I left my keys to his place AT his place (keys in the car scenario). My mums house has no scanner, and a virus, so I can't even show you the crappy paint stick figure comics I've done, because photobucket can't upload them :sosad:

...This is an attempt at an excuse. Next week I may just have a shit load to bring in.

Re: Cavouku's Art~ Necromance spell 5; Old shit

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:34 pm

Okay, actually, this is recently done, but I don't like it much. It's supposed to be line art, but you all know I can't stand doing line art for shit ^_^;

THIS(!!!) is the old shit I mentioned

A friend wanted me to do a drawing for him so he could enter it in his school art contest. He got 2nd place with this thing. I COULD have given him a 1st placer, but why waste it? He wouldn't have split any prize with me, knowing him.

I just kinda' threw it together in about 15 minutes... or less, I don't know, I just wanted him off my back.

Postby L_Leon_Fuego » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:09 pm

Lots of talent. You takin' an art class? Art classes are good. That old pic is good, and the newer pic is good too, but the arms bother me. It looks like the right arm is being held straight, but his left arm looks more or less fully extended in the same way. It looks a little unnatural.

Next

Return to Art