(Rockwell) raw pencils, and a story kinda

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: (Rockwell) seris sketch

Postby Deena » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:59 pm

Your linework's astounding!:3<3 I bet it'd look really badass with some shading, especially high-contrast shading, like Frank Miller. It'd probably bring out your linework, too.

Postby ROCKWELL » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:10 am

im going to check out this frank miller person
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"krimson-Death"--...Ur probably one of the best artists ive seen on snafu...
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"teran4ever"--No one cares if you are a skilled artist, you are a total douche.
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby Erix » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:20 am

This is what your work looks like lined up. Your lines are
light so it was hard to get the white to a crisp level.

Postby rossfellow » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:23 am

Rockwell wrote:Image

mecahnaical pencil experamenting.

I was brainstorming for a particular character and this just hit something on me. If you arent using this guy, then I'd like to borrow his design :P

Postby ROCKWELL » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:37 am

rossfellow wrote:
Rockwell wrote:Image

mecahnaical pencil experamenting.

I was brainstorming for a particular character and this just hit something on me. If you arent using this guy, then I'd like to borrow his design :P

sure, thats a charachter from the major comic im thinking im doing but of course thast gonna b a long time from now so her desighn will likley chang anyways.
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Re: (Rockwell) seris sketch

Postby rossfellow » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:44 am

Thanks ^_^

I'll let you know when he appears.

Postby ROCKWELL » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:28 pm

Erix wrote:Image

This is what your work looks like lined up. Your lines are
light so it was hard to get the white to a crisp level.

I know its just my lines are messy so I dont turn up the contrast much.
Rockwells arts n comics

Postby ROCKWELL » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:48 pm

I promise ill make the words smaller next time.
Rockwells arts n comics

Re: (Rockwell) page 4

Postby Radar6590 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:20 am

Man, that looks pretty sweet.

Postby ROCKWELL » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:51 pm

I know :snoogins:
Rockwells arts n comics

Postby Fummo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Rockwell your battle scenes are awesome

Postby Black » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:00 pm

Heh... What can I say? Rockwell's battle scenes are as cool as always. You can never get tired of them :D
Click to visit my art thread.

Re: (Rockwell) page 4

Postby rossfellow » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:10 pm

Whoa whoa.

I'd love to see these in finishing touches (inks, colors/tones). They'll be epic!

I wish you hadnt given up on inks and colors ;__;

Postby ROCKWELL » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:47 pm

the reason I gave up on inks and colors is to improve on my penciling. that way wonce I master penciling, Inking will be easy and then I can work on coloring. then, hopfully, ill be snafu slot worthy.
Rockwells arts n comics

Postby ROCKWELL » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:01 pm

still getting used to the gfirl thing heres some concept for the charachter in my comic but I doubt shell stay this way they almost always chnge.

Rockwells arts n comics

Postby TheJez » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:29 pm

upon looking at anything you've drawn the CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUE I would give would be to study proportions for a while.

THAT is ACCEPTABLE critique.
If you don't know how to constructively critique, just keep your mouth shut.

Postby ROCKWELL » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:50 pm

porportions are somthing to experiment with thats why alot of my porpotions are off.

Rockwell wrote:ummm, I dont think youll be selling anything realy, your work isent professional at all.

you seem like a beginer, mabey after several concentrated years.

I realy cant belive you got pissy over this...seriously...you shouldent shun honesty, sense your trying to sell professionaly.
Rockwells arts n comics

Postby TheJez » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:56 pm

read the message I sent you.
If you don't know how to constructively critique, just keep your mouth shut.

Re: (Rockwell) concept (still getting used to the girl thing

Postby Radar6590 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:23 pm

Rockwell, looks pretty good, though her head does look kind of wide, I can't quite ever tell when you're taking something to the extreme on purpose or not. I guess to me her jaw is just a little square. Soften it up a bit, make her look a little more feminine. The body's good, though she also looks muscular, I'm sure that's also on purpose since you generally draw very muscled people.

Postby Erix » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:05 am

Shes too manly. Even combat women should be a lot more slender then males. Thin her up a tad, especially the legs. And try not to be so jagged with girls. They are smooth creatures

Postby spazmonkey » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:32 am

Erix wrote:Shes too manly. Even combat women should be a lot more slender then males. Thin her up a tad, especially the legs. And try not to be so jagged with girls. They are smooth creatures
no u
this sig is my fanboy badge of HONOR!!!1!
Kamisutra wrote:You're watching the anime with blatant lack of effort

Postby Vegedus » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:48 am

Am I the only one getting tired of the repetitive "girls are slender and smooth and round"? They don't have to be. It's only the ideal that is that way, and it's not like men are made of cubes either. A lot of comic artist tend to draw the ideals, but it's not a necessity at all. Not to mention, she's wearing an exoskeleton, not a freaking chainmail bikini.

I really don't have anything to crit about, except that she looks more like a women (something about the head), than a girl, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Re: (Rockwell) concept (still getting used to the girl thing

Postby kenken2002 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:09 am

Radar6590 wrote:Rockwell, looks pretty good, though her head does look kind of wide, I can't quite ever tell when you're taking something to the extreme on purpose or not. I guess to me her jaw is just a little square. Soften it up a bit, make her look a little more feminine. The body's good, though she also looks muscular, I'm sure that's also on purpose since you generally draw very muscled people.

it looks OK to me though , rock ain't going for anime style ... he's going for those like america cartoon comic style ( super man , wonderwoman , batman etc ) , if that's the stle you after rock , you've done a great job , but if it'sw anime style you going , dude , you might wanta smoothen her up a lot ...

Postby Black » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:09 pm

Rockwell draws everything in Marvel's art style, not anime style. That's why his art is the way it is.
And about the drawing - I think her legs should be at least a bit thiner. Otherwise, I think she looks good.
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby ROCKWELL » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:42 pm

eh, im thinking of adding an animie touch to my drawings sense thats what seems to sell nowadays, not super weirdo whishy arms animie but allitle.

thanx 4 the crits evrey body.
Rockwells arts n comics

PreviousNext

Return to Art