Endling Q & A / Heads up.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Endling » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:37 am

Aneri wrote:What about science-fiction? Because you obviously like Firefly, and have you read the Hitchhiker five-part Trilogy? Douglass Adams was a genious, very much like Terry Pratchett.

Oh, and have you read "The Moon and Sixpence"? Not really a funny book, it's about Gauguin and his quest to find himself...your DA journal just made me think of it. Looking back on it (I hated reading it in ninth grade...), the ideas and the meaning it had are amazing.

Regarding Pratchett, I have been meaning to read Good Omens for a while now. Sounds like really quality stuff. But my favorites in the series are 'Reaper Man' and 'Small Gods.' And pretty much any of the ones featuring the witches of Lancre.

I never read Hitchhiker's but have been told I'd love it. Never read The Moon and Sixpence either. I generally never got too strongly into science-fiction, but I got nothing against it. :)

wickedali wrote:No Offence Endling, but how can you say that?
The Colourings of your arts seem quite great, and the positionings of characters seem fine.

No offense taken.
It is a privilege of yours to have that opinion. And I'm flattered you think so. Very much so in fact. But I'm also entitled to my own opinion. I don't hate my work. I just think it needs.. well. Work.

Dusk_Imp wrote:Are there any characters in EA that you either based off yourself or people you know?

No. Not really, thankfully. Haha. I guess every artist/writers characters are parts of themselves, though. As I'm doing all their dialogue different sides of myself reflect in every word. Red herself is going to have a very powerful struggle going on within her, a concept I'm no stranger to. And I'm sure most every other person is as well, which is what I'm hoping for. But yeah. I'd like my characters to be a spectrum of personality, and I will most likely draw from every type of personality I've met, friends and family included. But no one character was based on any one person, no.

Postby Erix » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:52 am

Honestly Endling, any artist who doesnt have some problem with their work is way too arrogant.
Its natural to feel like you need to do something or another better in art, or in anything. Its that need to improve that keeps you going.
If I drew the perfect picture right now, I'd probably be sad that I could never top it.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:54 am

Endling wrote:
wickedali wrote:No Offence Endling, but how can you say that?
The Colourings of your arts seem quite great, and the positionings of characters seem fine.

No offense taken.
It is a privilege of yours to have that opinion. And I'm flattered you think so. Very much so in fact. But I'm also entitled to my own opinion. I don't hate my work. I just think it needs.. well. Work.

Well, it is a good thing that you do not hate your work, but maybe you could do better. If you thought that you needed to. And thanks for the flattering. I am no expert in art (in this case Anime, something of which I really don't like much), but I know what is great when I see it and I will comment on that.

Endling wrote:
Dusk_Imp wrote:Are there any characters in EA that you either based off yourself or people you know?

I guess every artist/writers characters are parts of themselves. Red herself is going to have a very powerful struggle going on within her, a concept I'm no stranger to. And I'm sure most every other person is as well, which is what I'm hoping for. But yeah. I'd like my characters to be a spectrum of personality, and I will most likely draw from every type of personality I've met, friends and family included. But no one character was based on any one person, no.

In regards to the second explaination. I would have to agree, most writers and artists use parts of their personality and appearances within their characters. I am one of them.

Though when you said that Red is going to through a very powerful struggle, it almost reminds me of my own characters struggle within them, most of all my little girl character, the ultimate struggling fight between good and evil. So I am no stranger to that concept of which you have made for Red.

I like good versus evil battles. Especially the ones within the Lord of the Rings movies. Because both good and evil really does exist within our world of today, and together it is the Ying and Yang of things... The Balance.

Eh, forgive me I am rambling. lol

Postby Wazit » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:15 am

Well, I still say this deserves a sticky and renamed Q & A session with Endling! But well, that's just me

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:49 pm

wazit_blade wrote:Well, I still say this deserves a sticky and renamed Q & A session with Endling! But well, that's just me

I'd probably have to agree there, since it has already turned into one.. But renamed "Ask Endling" or something. heh.
But if Endling doesn't feel it is nessassary then deal with it.

Re: Heads up.

Postby spazmonkey » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:31 pm

I sympathize with endling’s aversion to color <_<
this sig is my fanboy badge of HONOR!!!1!
Kamisutra wrote:You're watching the anime with blatant lack of effort

Postby Aneri » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:33 pm

Douglass Adams writes like Terry Pratchett, if not better on some points. You really will love it, their styles are very similar ^_^

And I never really got through "Small Gods"...I agree with you on the witches of Lancre books, Nanny is hilarious ^_^ And Granny is just plain awesome.

And the Moon and Sixpence I think should be a required read for anyone who wants to call themselves an artist. It's just that amazing.

Here's a question: Do you watch a lot of tv? And if you do, do you like the show "House"? Just curious...
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Geno » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:38 pm

Ok, Mr. Healey, consider this.

The world as we know it is a state of chaos. All the beauty of nature as we once know it has been either destroyed by our own selfish industrialization, or is on the way there due to our own idiocy. The burocracy of the world as we know it is slowly destroying the world of all its beauty. The inspirations that once inspired artists like yourself is slowly being destroyed simply at the will of greedy industrial kingpins. Thus, we come to grips with the fear that soon people will have less and less inspirations as the world becomes cold and metal, as the natural wonders created eons ago by forces neither you nor I could comprehend fade away as a result of polution or our own foolish lust for technological power. Artistic beauties are destroyed without a second glance simply to provide more space for what? Office buildings for paper companies and fucking Super Wal-Marts.

So, Endling, I ask you this...

What is your favorite video game? ^_^

(Sorry for that long drawn out thing, but I just didn't want to post such a simple question in a simple way. Plus I just like screwing with people's expectations).
Endling wrote:I'm the best at being modest. Ever.

Postby Endling » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:38 pm

spazmonkey wrote:I sympathize with endling’s aversion to color <_<

Color theory is a fickle bitch mistress on wheels. Pardon my french.

Aneri wrote:Here's a question: Do you watch a lot of tv? And if you do, do you like the show "House"? Just curious...

Ha. I just noticed you live in NJ too, Aneri. South Jersey pride!! GO SOJO.

But as for your question. I used to, but since moving to my new apartment, I never got cable television, so. I can't watch any TV. Haha. I'm trying to see how long I can go without it, as it does have a tendency to rot your precious brain meats. But I did enjoy House when I used to watch it, yes. I didn't know such venomous observations of other people would be so entertaining, but House does it quite well.

Geno wrote:So, Endling, I ask you this...

What is your favorite video game?

Well I'm not going to quote the entirety of your 'question', as I thought you were about to launch into a thesis paper there for a second, heh..

My favorite video game is Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Gamecube. Because I can kick ANYONE'S ASS AT IT. IT HAS BEEN PROVEN. Tournament players? Been there, done that. Toasted their asses on rye. Feh. ^_^

I've found that every time I say this I get one or two responses challenging me to the death. But I'll take any challengers, any time, any place. You heard me.

Postby Aneri » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:55 pm

Hah, I suck at SSBM. I'm hopeless at it, my only salvation being the Jigglypuff death move I've recently learned.

But in Soul Calibur 2, I'll beat you with my eyes closed (quite literally, because all I do is button mash for most of it and just rely on my luck XD).

And I don't live in South Jersey...I don't think. I have the honor of living in a village-town that happens to be a crossroads for every damn highway in the state.

Oh, and the Scarlet Knights are doing well (I think...don't really follow much football). Yay Rutgers pride ^_^

Where did you go to college? (Yes, I am asking random questions...) And what was the most fun class you took?
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Imenak » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:59 pm

Endling wrote: I've found that every time I say this I get one or two responses challenging me to the death. But I'll take any challengers, any time, any place. You heard me.

I challenge you to the death... in SSBM. I demand you fly to California so we can have an ultimate battle of champion vs some guy no one knows in CA. It'll be hardcore. Just kiddin'! But seriously, it's gotta happen some time. Alternatively, I could rock your world in Street Fighter 3.

PS: House has got to be the most entertaining shows based on the medical field I've ever seen. House himself has got to be one of my favorite characters of all time.

Postby Endling » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:09 pm

Aneri wrote:Where did you go to college? (Yes, I am asking random questions...) And what was the most fun class you took?

The University of the Arts in Philadelphia, PA. I was an Illustration major. The most fun class I had was one called Pictorial Foundation, I believe, mainly because the classmates I had, along with the professor, were by far the best people I could have had the pleasure of sharing a course with. Prof. Leonard was an enthusiastic, supportive, and critical-when-he-needed-to-be kind of guy. Most of the classmates I'm still friends with to this day, though I don't see them as often as I'd like, since I live some distance away from the city. (Not far, 'bout 20 minutes by the train next door.)
The people in that class took the assignments so far, I knew I had to improve to keep catching up in terms of awesomeness. Now that I'm out of school I feel like I lack that gumption.. the same kind of challenging-oneself-to-be-better sort of thing. But I've been trying to infuse myself with the spirit again lately. Part of my leaving Deviantart.

Oop, I gotta go. Got dinner simmering on the stove and it's about that time to reap the rewards. :)

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:22 pm

You are not leaving Deviant Art for good are you Endling?

Postby Wazit » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:20 am

Where did you get that notion?

Postby Glahardt » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:34 am

End mentioned that he's leaving devART in his latest journal entry.

Postby Wazit » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:40 am

Meh as long as he doesn't leave SNAFU

Postby Darkness_calls » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:33 am

Nah he won't leave he just says that because he is an attentionwhore (this is a joke by thw way) lol

Postby Glahardt » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:44 am

wazit_blade wrote:Meh as long as he doesn't leave SNAFU
Well, it's the new home of Everafter, he wants people to read it... You know it.

Postby Aneri » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:49 am

Would this be the University of the Arts and Sciences in Philadelphia? Or am I thinking of a different one...

Because I was considering going there for the longest time as a chemistry major. But then I changed my major and they didn't offer it...

I would so love to be an art major, but I don't have the patience, nor the skill to do so. So, sadly, I have to give up on taking art classes and settle for the ones where my professor uses a fire extinguisher and a cart to launch himself across a room.

Postby spazmonkey » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:04 am

I'm pretty good at SSBM, I'm best with sheik, fox, and peach, but I prefer to be a total ass with kirby, zelda, or pikachu.

Postby CarrionMan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:51 pm

Are you a virgin? Is rhubarb pie the best pie? Did Michael Jackson really turn white, or did they murder the new one and try to put him back together?

Postby Wazit » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:10 am

Stop.... that's too much for the mind.... CM

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:39 am

CarrionMan wrote:Are you a virgin? Is rhubarb pie the best pie? Did Michael Jackson really turn white, or did they murder the new one and try to put him back together?

Stupid Question! Try to act intellegent and ask proper questions!

Postby spazmonkey » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:44 am

wickedali wrote:
CarrionMan wrote:Are you a virgin? Is rhubarb pie the best pie? Did Michael Jackson really turn white, or did they murder the new one and try to put him back together?

Stupid Question! Try to act intellegent and ask proper questions!
...a bit slow on the uptake are we?

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 am

Could we not turn this into a thread of flaming?

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter