why not older

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

older or younger

yes, it sounds like a good idea
39%
no, it will ruin the plot and the story
61%

Total votes : 36

Re: why not older

Postby notos » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:27 pm

thiking off ... it really doesnot matter ... but if it really cares you ... you can use the Multiverse Solution (tm) you can think that in the PPGD universe girls in first grade act like that and its really normal. :D

but thats my opinion :P
-- Sig Coming soon --

Postby dkem » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:09 pm

Ya know I keep picturing this scene where Butercup is failing Chemistry (Teach is Prof. Membrane) and reluctantly gets Dexter and Blossom to be tutors. Butercup isn't understanding it and eventually poses the question of why they are studying chemistry in first grade.
This confuses Dexter. He questions the question and says "This is 6th grade and we were in first grade five years ago."
This is of corse very shocking to both girls.

They tell Bubbles about this and wonder why they unknowingly skipped five years of their education. It turns out that the girls are aging at an advanced speed where they will die in 7-13 years. The Proffesor realized this early on and has been trying for a cure since. That is why they moved to megaville. The city was actually the head of a researching fund for the possibillities of chemical X, and he may have found a cure. He didn't want to scare the girls by telling them they would die before their father, and quite frankly, he didn't want to consider possibility.

you see i like this idea!! im mean come on remember they were created in a lab so ofcourse their going to act different then most kids that age. heck i didnt even consider them having fingers till bleedman drew them.

Added after 3 minutes:

forgot to quote the message!!!

but i like where board guy was going with his idea
may all your hopes and dreams come true.

Postby notos » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:46 pm

heck i didnt even consider them having fingers till bleedman drew them.

LOL thats funny :P
-- Sig Coming soon --

Postby McMire » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:27 pm

Zecro wrote:You actually could pretend they are in the third or second grade, and nothing would really change. Much older than that, and you're going for changing the storyline and plot.

As for stereotyping age-related behaviour, I think that's called developmental psychology. Then there's also social psychology and who knows what else. It's more or less accurate, and the girls and Dexter would at least be, like, 9. But still, this isn't psychology.

Absolutely correct. The brain of a child as young as a first grader (that is to say, approximately six or seven years old) can't fathom the complex ideas and events taking place in the comic. But entertainment is full of instances where little kids know far too much for their level of intellectual and emotional development, suspension of disbelief and all that. Still, I have to make a conscious effort to remind myself that the characters are in first grade, and not fifth or sixth... ^_^;;;

Zecro wrote:And my high school doesn't even have three stories...

Mine does. They've just kept adding on additions as they needed them, and as more people moved into the neighborhood for the past few decades, they've kept adding additions... heck, over the last year, they built a completely new building off to the side (also three stories) to help lessen the load of the old building, which was suffering from massive overcrowding.

deflagratio wrote:I don't know of too many elementary schools with lockers in the halls but it is a classic setting for school social interaction. By having them in first grade they may have conversations that are ennuendo free.

My elementary school had lockers, too. =P

deflagratio wrote:Also everyone knows that first grade is the last year of innocents in America. After 1st grade you slowly start learning cusswords and other such things from tv, older siblings, fellow classmates, and other influences. If you don't like them being in first grade just forget about it and insert grade here.

Ah, I fondly remember giving people the finger when I was in second grade... with my hand hidden in my desk, of course, so other people couldn't see it, and I wouldn't get in trouble. ^_^;;;
--Mortimer McMire
The Eight Year Old With The 315 IQ

Postby mowgli » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:25 pm

On term of graphics, Bleedman could have told us that they were teenagers, it wouldn't change anything....

But in the story, I don't think that 1st grades (or even 6th grades) need egyptian hieroglyphics, like Sensei Jack ! And think about Dexter too, with his very high IQ, needn't he to be in 6th grade or more ??.... Actually I think that this universe's school marks just don't fit with ours...

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:23 pm

indeed..it would be better if they were older, but the innocence factor is important to the story.

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)