Do you like Bleedman's comic better than the actual show?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby smileyblacksun » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:28 pm

Like comic better.
And God looked down upon the mortals and said: "...wtf are you noobs doing on my lawn?"

That's the problem with worshipping the god of schemes. You never quite know whether or not you're being divinely blessed, screwed over royally, or both at the same time.

Re: Do you like Bleedman's comic better than the actual show

Postby Paragon » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:21 pm

Like them both in their own way.
"CNet News is reporting that Gator has forced PC Pitstop to remove Web pages that call Gator's software 'spyware.' The correct term, according to Gator, is 'adware.' The article states: 'If we find anyone publicly calling us spyware, we correct it and take action if necessary,' said Scott Eagle, Gator's senior vice president of marketing. So be careful what you say in your comments..."

Pssst, Gator --is-- spyware

Postby Shebum Devi » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:29 pm

I love bleedmans style, but I like the diversity of each series.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby vise » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:36 am

The doujinshi is nice, I kinda like the mushy stuff however like what is said there is a lack of action... but I guess it's kinda of excusable for now since the doujinshi just started and there are things still needed to be explained before the actual stuff... (so reader need not to ask stuff on how is this and how is that) isn't it that in DBZ that they have this long crappy talking stuff before the real action? I guess this manga goes the same way..... (I sure wish they could put sexy characters..... put Ginger already.... please.... ^_^)
"I've already found her, and I will protect her even if it cost my own life"

Postby Casm » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:02 am

The 2 may have the same characters, but thats about as far as it goes. Its like trying to compare steak to chocolate cake. Most older/mature people would prefer to eat a nice thick juicy steak, where younger kids would opt for chocolate cake and ice cream.

The same holds true with these comics and the actual shows in my opinion. The comics are way more mature and serious than the cartoons will ever be. This gives a lot of lee-way to Bleedman cause he can do things in his comics that simply aren't plausable on TV. That being said, I would think most older/mature fans will prefer the comics. Whereas the younger fans (dare I say children) will probably continue to enjoy the cartoons more.

Its a personal preference, and I really like them both. Though I must admit I prefer the comics. They are simply amazing
First you draw an S. For snake....errr....dragon. Then, we'll draw a more different S. For the head, we'll draw a top mark on a long V. Then we'll put in a couple legs, maybe a couple of arms, and....whoa...I think I need to start over. It doesn't look quite....natural. (the S is for sucks)

Okay, starting again. S, more different S. Close the top off real good for his head, and then using consumate V's, we'll draw teeth, spinities, and angry eyebrows. Then we can add smoke, and maybe some fire. We can give him some wings, ya know, if he's a wingaling dragon. Lets put one of them beefy arms back on for good measure... That looks really good, coming out of the back of his neck there. Now he needs a name. How about.....TROGDOR the BURNiNATOR? OH YEAH! Check out all his majesty.

Postby Dark_Wolf » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:15 pm

Casm wrote:The 2 may have the same characters, but thats about as far as it goes. Its like trying to compare steak to chocolate cake. Most older/mature people would prefer to eat a nice thick juicy steak, where younger kids would opt for chocolate cake and ice cream.

The same holds true with these comics and the actual shows in my opinion. The comics are way more mature and serious than the cartoons will ever be. This gives a lot of lee-way to Bleedman cause he can do things in his comics that simply aren't plausable on TV. That being said, I would think most older/mature fans will prefer the comics. Whereas the younger fans (dare I say children) will probably continue to enjoy the cartoons more.

Its a personal preference, and I really like them both. Though I must admit I prefer the comics. They are simply amazing

ditto ^_^

Postby HyperShadow100 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:20 pm

I prefer this comic. I just don't care much for the cartoon anymore, though I still enjoy watching it from time to time, but not often.
I AM the Sandwich.

Postby 3darkhunter » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:02 pm

I like the comics better then the t.v. shows thats because bleedman is an awesome drawer

w00t

and of course i thank CN, if it wasnt for them this comic wouldnt be here

Postby Setuh » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:25 pm

I preffer teh comic over cartoon.

Why? Probably the same reason, most of you do. The Comic is beautifully drawn(I just love the new dexter image). The mushy stuff/action relation is kinda bad, BUT I believe that Bleedman has his plans and our final opinion on this relation should be placed AFTER he finishes the whole doujin. Sure the Cartoon on CN has is pluses, but after you watch a cartoon more times then 5, you get kinda bored with the same jokes...
Where the path of logic ends, the fantasies come true...
Favourite quote: WAIT! MY BRAIN IS WORKING! - says Ed and throws Jimmys oven against the wall.

Postby Miztaken » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:00 pm

I like the comic better, yet the cartoon has it's own distinct taste. If you count infantility.
During the day, in the middle of the night,
two dead boys got up to fight.
Back to back they faced each other,
drew their swords and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the noise,
came and shot the two dead boys.
And if you dont believe that this lie is true,
ask the blind man, he saw it too.

Postby Dorian » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:48 am

Dave wrote:I like the comic way better than all the shows combined.

Agreed. I was never a fan of the shows. I'm not really into cartoons at all, to be honest. This comic is very well done. Won't turn me into a fan of the shows but I'll keep reading the comic.
Never asked for this

Postby Horu » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:10 pm

after having a new gay ass dexter yes, the comics is much better than the shows.

Postby Chimou » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:40 pm

I hate the new design for Dexter's Lab. Why did they change it?

I like the Powerpuff Girls and old school Dexter about the same as the comic. Maybe the comic a little more because I have more availability to it.

Postby DocKill » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:55 pm

Chimou wrote:I hate the new design for Dexter's Lab. Why did they change it?

I like the Powerpuff Girls and old school Dexter about the same as the comic. Maybe the comic a little more because I have more availability to it.

According to one of my friends that keep track of shows, the orginial Dexter's Lab was cancled, then they brought it back in its new form, which has much worst animation then the orginal, which was pretty good.

Postby Horu » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:02 pm

not to mention shitty voice acting as well. Talk about a damn turn off right there.

Postby Chimou » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:02 pm

So the original Dexter's Lab that we knew and loved is really gone...

Postby 3darkhunter » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:32 pm

hmm its true the old school cartoon dexter is gone :(

Postby Mandy » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:21 pm

All great old school shows get canceled.

Postby 3darkhunter » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:23 pm

ya and i dont really like all the new ones as much as old school :unsure:
i feel so sad T_T

Postby Jareth » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:16 pm

Mandy wrote:I don't really like the TV counterpart. I love this because it's much more dark and is directed to more of a teenage audience.

Postby DragonShadow » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:09 pm

I love this comic apart from most shows I actually watch. I just read through all of the archives yesterday (they're dismayingly short since it seems the comic's been going since January, but that's excusable given the obvious quality. Comics with far less impressive art take this long between comics, and produce far less content per update). I've pondered writing something like this every now and again, but I don't operate in a visual medium (I'm a fanfiction writer) and things like this are far less acceptable in that format. I'm not sure why, fancomics are basically flashy fanfics, but the art just makes it less time consuming to read. Not to mention making it look FAR more impressive.

One of the things that makes this comic stand out to me is the interperetation of the various characters in this art style, and seeing characters I would not expect to see make appearances. Most notably Otto, whose show lasted maybe a season and a half, and Weasel. The storyline... well I love darkness, it's well-done dark stories that attract me to fandoms in the first place and make me pay attention to a show, though the inclusion of a super fourth Powerpuff Girl (good or evil) is a cliched staple of the PPG fandom. The story has enough other elements going for it to keep it fresh and interesting, though the writer could've done with using more fandom characters as bad guys instead of creating them from the ground up (Like Bell and the fire guy). And put in more XJ-9... it just seems wrong to use The Cluster as a villain and only give Jenny a cameo. They're HER villains (unless there's another Cluster I don't know about).

I only wish I could write something like this, but of course operating in the written medium has its limits. Maybe I'll try it some time, this comic has inspired me so much. Hmm...

In the end... keep going, this is one of the best pieces of fanwork I've ever seen.

Postby CrystalAngel » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:35 pm

Hmm.. hard question.. I think I prefer the comic to the shows. Don't get me wrong.. I love the shows, but this comic gives them a different edge, a new perspective. I love the new versions of Dexter and the PPG. I love this story line (including the mushy stuff). ^_^ :Dexter:
Hello...my name is ???, and I am going to take over the world! Muahahahahha! *hack cough* Anyway...In order to do this I will need... a can of tuna, a toothbrush, and a lot of talking poodles. I'm sure you're wondering how these help my plan...to tell you the truth...I have no idea.. WAIT! No..was it a can of poodles, a fish, and a lot of talking toothbrushes? ... Uh-oh...hehe...i better go get those items...Where the heck do you find talking toothbrushes and canned poodle? *sigh*

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)