Grrrrrr is cool.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Grrrrrr is cool.

Postby Shadow » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:38 pm

He is an isperation for all us people who have no idea whats going on.^^
Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
Shadow's Current Fanfic; ZERO

Re: Grrrrrr is cool.

Postby Al Calnos » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:40 pm

do you mean GIR?... I have yet to see or even hear of this show on TV, when does it come on so i can at lest see what this Invader Zim stuff is about

Postby NonametheWeird » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:41 pm

Eh... Are you talking about GiR? ^^;
"Our losses include not only our separations and departures from those we love, but our conscious and unconscious losses of romantic dreams, impossible expectations, illusions of freedom and power, illusions of safety -- and the loss of our own younger self, the self that thought it would always be unwrinkled and invulnerable and immortal." - Judith Viorst

Postby Verec » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:43 pm

IZ is over, Nick canceled it because of low ratings. Unfortunately about the only way to see it would be the DVDs of the series. Good luck finding those, I don't even know if they exist yet.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby NonametheWeird » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:44 pm

Al Calnos wrote:do you mean GIR?... I have yet to see or even hear of this show on TV, when does it come on so i can at lest see what this Invader Zim stuff is about
Unfortunately, it's cancelled... The only way to watch it now is to watch Nicktoons TV (which I personally don't have) or buy the DVD's. :unsure:

Added after 45 seconds:

verec wrote:IZ is over, Nick canceled it because of low ratings. Unfortunately about the only way to see it would be the DVDs of the series. Good luck finding those, I don't even know if they exist yet.
Actually, they do. I own one. You can usually find them in any place that sells anime DVD's...
"Our losses include not only our separations and departures from those we love, but our conscious and unconscious losses of romantic dreams, impossible expectations, illusions of freedom and power, illusions of safety -- and the loss of our own younger self, the self that thought it would always be unwrinkled and invulnerable and immortal." - Judith Viorst

Postby Shadow » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:44 pm

It seems to not be on nick any more but I saw it on one of nickolodeans sister/brother channels, and thanks for telling me how to spell it, gir rocks.^^
Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
Shadow's Current Fanfic; ZERO

Postby Al Calnos » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:01 pm

verec wrote:IZ is over, Nick canceled it because of low ratings. Unfortunately about the only way to see it would be the DVDs of the series. Good luck finding those, I don't even know if they exist yet.

No wonder. Oh well it shall be lost in the sands of time for me...

Postby NonametheWeird » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:04 pm

Al Calnos wrote:

No wonder what?

Postby Al Calnos » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:06 pm

NonametheWeird wrote:
Al Calnos wrote:

No wonder what?

No wonder i never saw it on TV :P

Postby Decoy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:25 pm

Umm...IZ wasn't canned because of low ratings. It was canned because Nickelodeon realized after about two seasons that IZ's themes were much darker than anything else they have ever aired. I remember the first time I saw IZ on Nick and I thought, "What the hell is this...does that guy have intestines leaking out of his mouth?!" :shock: (it was the episode where Zim starts stealing the organs of other kids for some reason). It was an awesome show, but it is something that belongs on Adult Swim and not on the same channel that is know for being very kiddie-oriented.
A skilled decoy can lead your enemies off your trail. A master decoy can survive to do it again.

Postby chi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:36 am

Invader ZIm was/is genius, but yes, it is understandable why it was taken off air. We have to keep in mind that it was the brainchild of Jhonen Vasquez, whom before IZ, produced such works as "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac" and "Squee's Wonderful Big Giant Book of Unspeakable Horrors". Both personal favourites of mine, but neither suitable for all audiences (as such, I'm not recommending either to our younger readers, I refuse to be held accountable for the terror that would no doubt insue...). But yeah, Jhonen has this underground cult following thing happening, as does Invader ZIm. Currently you can get the first 3 volumes of IZ on DVD, each containing 9 episodes each. Not too shabby when you compare that to the 2-4 eps of something on most DVD releases >.<

And as far as the Gir comment goes, I agree. He serves as a playful reminder that sometimes ignorance (or just plain insanity) can indeed constitute as bliss ^^
.:no apparent reason:.

Postby Aerozord » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:03 pm

Actually I didn't think I had Nicktoon channel either. Then after flipping around I found out they added it. Seeing Rocko's Modern Life gave me a great nestalgia feeling and I was just plain happy to see Invader Zim.

chi wrote:Invader ZIm was/is genius, but yes, it is understandable why it was taken off air. We have to keep in mind that it was the brainchild of Jhonen Vasquez, whom before IZ, produced such works as "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac" and "Squee's Wonderful Big Giant Book of Unspeakable Horrors". Both personal favourites of mine, but neither suitable for all audiences (as such, I'm not recommending either to our younger readers, I refuse to be held accountable for the terror that would no doubt insue...). But yeah, Jhonen has this underground cult following thing happening, as does Invader ZIm. Currently you can get the first 3 volumes of IZ on DVD, each containing 9 episodes each. Not too shabby when you compare that to the 2-4 eps of something on most DVD releases >.<

And as far as the Gir comment goes, I agree. He serves as a playful reminder that sometimes ignorance (or just plain insanity) can indeed constitute as bliss ^^

Hey where can I find Squee's Wonderful Big Giant Book of Unspeakable Horrors, it sounds entertaining, or another Happy Tree Friends. Either way it will give me something to talk about.

PS Invader Zim is dark. One episode really creeped me out, I mean seriously I was psychologically shocked.

Postby chi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:42 pm

If Invader ZIm freaked you out, then expect more of the same from Squee. It is amusing, although it possesses the ability to be mentally damaging. Not as much as JtHM mind you, but if you're already watching Happy Tree Friends....

Anyways, Squee, or any of Jhonen's books for that matter, are kind of hard to get. But if you know a really good comic store, they should either have it or be able to order it for you.

And Happy Tree Friends... I've seen copies of the DVD in Music World.

Postby Aerozord » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:12 pm

Oh Zim didn't freak me out, just this one scene *shudders*.

Oh funny Happy Tree Freinds story. My one friends friend got it for his little son...unfortunately he didn't watch it first.

Postby yalborap2 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:18 pm

XD oh dear god that's hilarious......and it proves what needs to be fixed in america: Animation isn't just for kids.

Also, while gir was cool, he made the episodes get old a LOT faster. I could watch zim's foolish attempts to take over the world all day, but gir.....too much of him is a very, very, very bad thing.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby chi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:14 pm

Aerozord wrote:Oh Zim didn't freak me out, just this one scene *shudders*.

Oh funny Happy Tree Freinds story. My one friends friend got it for his little son...unfortunately he didn't watch it first.

Said scene wouldn't happen to have been the removal of Keef's eyeballs would it? Even I was a bit unnerved by that one...

And on the Happy Tree Friends note, that is so unbelievably disturbing. That poor child will be scarred for the rest of its days....

Just like in teh movies

Postby Janana » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:22 pm

I was pleased on how Bleedman did with GIR and Zim. ^_^ GIR looks even cuter than before and he's friends with Bell the evil powerpuff girl.

Postby Aerozord » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:23 pm

actually that was the scene, only one other time have I been that creeped out by a cartoon.

and I am not sure the kid was old enough to understand...which might be worse

Postby perper » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:12 pm

That scene freaked me out too. I just wasn't expecting that on nickelodeon but when you hear the commentary on the dvd's, it could have been much worse had Nick allowed it.

Random Factoids:
1)The third dvd shows the unaired episodes
2) I was able to find all three dvd's at Wal-Mart.

Also, yalborap2 is right, while Gir is awesome he gets old. He's just too much of a static character but the show wouldn't be that great without him. he's necessary for the greater (in)sanity.

At roomwithamoose.com it was rumored that Jhonen himself was fed up with making Zim and dealing with Nick and just wanted to get back to his comics. Sometimes he wouldn't come to work and when he did he ran things and wouldn't allow Nick to have much say so. I don't know the validity but that's what I've heard. I'm glad he was running the show, I'd hate to see Zim as a Spongebob clone.
"...and one day we no longer let time serve us, we serve time and we are slaves of the schedule, worshippers of the sun's passing bound to a life predicatated on restrictions because the system will not function if we don't keep the schedule tight."
-'"Repent, Harlequin!" Said the TickTockman' by Harlan Ellison

Postby yalborap2 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:18 pm

EEEEEEEVIIIIIL SPONGEBOB!!!!!!

Okay, not as cool as it sounds.

Postby chi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:08 pm

...No.

I tired to picture it, I really did.... But it just doesn't work...

Postby yalborap2 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:15 pm

Why, because he starts laughing or something as soon as he gets the evil look? because that's what's happening for me.

Postby chi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:17 pm

I think it may be his voice... Although I do see how his laugh could strike terror into the hearts of others.

Postby yalborap2 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:25 pm

I see....

I just got the strangest idea: what if somebody wrote a winamp plugin what would automatically put what was being played into the "now playing" spot on our posts?

Postby chi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:25 pm

I could see that getting hidiously frustrating very quickly.

For some of us anyways

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)