Welcome.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Welcome.

Postby Endling » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:08 pm

Well, seeing as how there's now a forum for Everafter.. I figured it only appropriate that I say something. Probably a lot I've said before already, but for those of you who haven't followed my DA endeavors, this might come in handy..

There's a couple of things I'd like to clear up, and some frequently asked questions I'd like to answer.

First of all I'd like to say I'm glad to have your support. Making a comic is by no means a small or easy task. And I have some of the most patient people in the world following my work. Well. Some not so patient, but we won't talk about them.. heh heh. (That's what bear traps are for..)

I know it's slow going but that's the way it is when you gotta pay rent, haha. That's all I can really say about the update issue. Everafter doesn't make use of big sprawling pages with a lot of text like Bleed makes use of. Nor will things always be cleared up in each page, like in Snafu or Tin.. this is a long story after all. Different format and all that. So it may seem even slower than most, but .. I don't have many other options! Perhaps when/if I get farther along and my day to day schedule at home gets less hectic, I can move EA into a two page a week format. But that's a big if. A happy Endling makes more comics, and happiness comes from having dinner on the table. (Even if it's grilled cheese or noodles for the fifth time this week, haha.) But to get that dinner, a guy's got to work! A LOT. So in closing that subject, please understand. If making Everafter pages made me money, you'd see twenty per week, but until that day comes.. haha..

Anyway. Enough of that. I just get a lot of e-mails regarding updates..

AND NOW! Some quick clearing up, from some stuff I've seen in the forums.. and questions from e-mails, DA notes, etc:

- I am a guy.
- Red (the character slashing up everyone in the prologue) is a girl.
- The whole story is already written, and it's about fifteen chapters long for those wondering, so I'm not taking suggestions on who to include in it. Thanks for the sentiment though.
- Everafter's prologue has a ton more blood and guts in it than the entire rest of the comic will. To the people who enjoyed the horrendous bloody massacre in the prologue, enjoy it while it lasts. This doesn't mean there won't be a tonnage of crazy fight sequences, and I still want to make them as exciting as possible. :) But not many more flying limbs and splatters, since the fight sequences will take place amongst a good deal of the 'main cast', and I can't kill too many off left and right.. at least not until later on..
- There will be a massive stylistic change from the prologue to the new pages. (Red's gonna grow up a bit.) Everafter started and continues to be an experimental comic project to me, a way to discover how to draw new things, perspectives, paneling, and.. well just about everything. So you're gonna notice the changes, believe me.
- The new pages will begin when the prologue sequence concludes. This is gonna take a few weeks as you may have noticed. This is intentional, giving me time to keep on making the new pages. (I'm moving to an apartment in the process so as you might imagine, life is in a bit of a state of upheaval!)
- I am not a professional comic artist, this is not what I do for a living. So if there are mistakes/flaws in the comic, as there are in any, come to realize that I'm still trying to improve. Some people seem to think, despite never having talked to me, I'm an arrogant bastard who thinks he knows how to do everything under the sun art-wise simply because I have a lot of people who look at my work. And I'll be the first to assure you I DO NOT know everything about art, comics, character design.. far, far from it my friends, haha. So long story short, criticism is fine, but be constructive.
- Everafter is meant to be my own blend of comedy, horror and action. If you feel some things are oddly placed, like certain lines, scenes, characters, expressions or such.. well you're just gonna have to deal with it, now aren't you. lol Not every comic is for everyone, and if this isn't for you, well, there are plenty of other fine pieces of work on this site. Enjoy them! I do. (Tin rocks my socks.)

EDIT 7/06:

- Everafter's prologue has been complete for some time now, and is being updated to this site using the same weekly sort of scheduling that I plan on using throughout the rest of the comic. However the REST of the story is far from being done. It has been WRITTEN, yes, not drawn. That takes a tad bit more time. The new pages will continue on the same schedule once the prologue is complete.

- I made the prologue.. what.. a year or two ago I think? I forget. And yes, I'll let you know right now, it's about seven pages too long, haha. Hey. First attempt at making a full-length comic. You try it and see how perfect it comes out. :P But yeah. Hunker down. Lot of blood and guts and gore and such and so forth. I know it gets old fast. Trust me. The prologue was something that was more meant to be read in a sitting as opposed to a webcomic-weekly-schedule. Pacing is difficult when you'd like to see your story possibly published someday, but at the same time have to try and make each page worthwhile, yet not rushed, when on a fixed schedule for display online.

- No, I don't plan on coloring Everafter. Someone mentioned that EA was one of the only comics on Snafu that wasn't in color. I like that. If it sets it apart from the rest, all the better. I'd prefer it to look unique, more worn, gritty and such, over shiny and colorful and extravagant.

- Don't get attached to the faculty of the Everafter Asylum. If you're not a protagonist, chances are, your life expectancy is cut by about 75%. (Unless you're of the bad ass villain variety, and you'll know when they show up.)

- Yes, there is a wolf in the asylum emblem for a reason.

Well anyway. That's the most I can think of now. Besides which I need to get back to work. I'll add more later as I see it fit. Thanks for reading (for those who have), and take care. ;)

Bye for now.
Last edited by Endling on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tuor » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:22 pm

This should be stickied
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Aneri » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:48 pm

I second that...sticky! ^_^

Very nice welcome, by the way.
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby spazmonkey » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:01 pm

I posted the contest thing in the art forum.
this sig is my fanboy badge of HONOR!!!1!
Kamisutra wrote:You're watching the anime with blatant lack of effort

Postby CarrionMan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:31 am

I'd like to say WHTDFXUP WITH THIS COMIC? It seems slightly macabre, melancholy, and horrific? Is everyone there mentally insane, or are there spiritually insane, and physically insane?

Postby spazmonkey » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:33 am

its an asylum what do you think?

Postby CarrionMan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:36 am

Asylum has many meanings, spaz. So does insanity.

Re: Welcome.

Postby EyesOpened » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:10 am

Well, if you don't like the comic, then don't read it. Also, explain how you would qualify to spiritually or physically insane please.
The turkey goes "Moo".

Postby ippus » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:55 am

*Points accusingly* YOU ARE *SO* A GIRL D:
Last edited by ippus on Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ganon » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:57 am

ImageImageImageImage
Love the comic, End. Keep up the spot-on work.
CRISIS: Equestria (Chapters 1-33)
Current Work-in-Progress: CRISIS: Equestria - Chapter 34/35 - Status - 34: 99% done; 35 - 33% Done
Revision Progress: Chapter 16 - NOT YET STARTED
Author

Postby Diesel Kane » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:12 am

Welcome to our hell Endling.
MEX-I-CAN'T ~Acktoo
hey man what was that show that only gay douchebags like called again? Oh yeah, it's One Piece ~Dave

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:58 am

Wow stickied indeed. Endling that was a phenominally informative read. By the way someone recognized me in Staples today when I was buying color ink for prints. By "recognized me" I mean it said Snafu-Comics on my Staples card and he knew the site. Anyhoo he liked Ever After he says it's a nice change of pace.

So I ran home and got an Ever After print and gave it to him and some EA buttons. do hope you don't mind. but I thought that was rad.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Wazit » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:18 am

Yeah, the artist's first post in his own forum

Keep up the good work :p

Postby Carab » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:39 am

*raises hand*
Question! End, are you going to put up your Living In Sin or Endrealm?
soon?
Which FF Character Are You? Image Image
It's not cheating until you get caught

Postby Endling » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:46 am

I'd like to say WHTDFXUP WITH THIS COMIC? It seems slightly macabre, melancholy, and horrific? Is everyone there mentally insane, or are there spiritually insane, and physically insane?

To answer your question, yes. And also no. And sometimes, maybe. Glad I could clear things up. ^_^

*raises hand*
Question! End, are you going to put up your Living In Sin or Endrealm?
soon?

Nooooo.. with EA being the big arse project it is, I don't think Living in Sin or Endrealm are going to be seeing the light of day for quite some time. In a perfect world my weekly schedule will become more predictable and free up some time in which I can work faster on those stories.. but until then it's EA all the way.

By the way someone recognized me in Staples today when I was buying color ink for prints.

That's ridiculously awesome. XD The most I got was odd looks from the girls behind the counter at Staples when I made copies of some of the new Everafter pieces.. haha. Really cool though. I hope he keeps on watching when the new pages come up..

*Points accusingly* YOU ARE *SO* A GIRL D:

Don't make me prove you wrong, Ippus. lol

Postby CarrionMan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:49 pm

Physically insane could mean disabled, or epileptic. Spiritually insane is the same as morally insane.

Postby EyesOpened » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:58 pm

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/insanity
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/insane

I also checked a real dictionary and it says the same meanings as the links above say. Your definition of the word insane is a bit off.
The turkey goes "Moo".

Postby CarrionMan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:23 pm

Check the first one. No longer of scientific use, which could mean the ones I stated.

Postby spazmonkey » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:10 pm

insane just means your logic patterns don't fit the thouht proccess accepted by the majority. I don't care what a dictionary says.

Postby Kane369 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:47 pm

Welcome to the forums or hell, Endling.
Thank you to CrazyPig for the awesome avatar and signature!
Halo: Angelic Past (Chapter Eight up) or FF1: Dark Delieveries (Abandoned)

Postby dark psyghost » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:50 pm

Welcome to the forums Endling.
Image Image Image

Postby Makoto_Shinobi » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:11 pm

Welcome to the forums, Endling.

Postby CarrionMan » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:09 am

Kane369 wrote:Welcome to the forums or hell, Endling.
As long as he stays away from the spam forums, the forums are fine.

Postby Asis » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:11 am

Welcome. By the way, I'm so going to buy an EA print lol
you should all check them them out.

Postby ippus » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:56 am

Endling wrote:Don't make me prove you wrong, Ippus. lol

o rly!?!? let's see u try D:!!!!
I most forewarn you that denial is an incredibly powerful force of the mind. You can never prove me wrong!! NEVAARRR!!!!

Next

Return to EverAfter