Bleedman's Lineart

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Bleedman's Lineart

Postby WolfeFuzze » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:45 am

(First post! w00t )

Hi. I noticed the lineart at the bottom of the latest PPG Doujinshi page, and thought to myself 'Man, that would be so awesome to colour'.
So after firing up GIMP, and cutting the picture down to the lineart, a thought hit me: 'Better ask permission first...'

... So here I am... I would've sent an email, but then I would've sounded like a rabid fan-boy, which is not good...
(Plus, if I get an affirmative response, I've got a place to post up my results without a lengthy preambulation)

Postby Dave » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:21 am

send him an e-mail since Bleedman is from the philipines and doesn't speak english very well so he avoids chatting and forums 99% of the time.

bleedman@snafu-comics.com

I'm sure he won't mind though as long as your sure to give him credit for his line art. And totally post it here in the forum I can't wait to see it.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby WolfeFuzze » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:54 am

*salutes* Okey-dokey, will do.

(and curse my weak will, I've already done the base colours...)

Postby Dave » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:57 am

he's not going to say no I can assure you. He has a friend that colored his line art for YEARS and also he's colored other people's line art before. so seriously don't worry about it. But it's nice to contact him and let him know but he's not a super anal artist so you'll be fine.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby WolfeFuzze » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:39 pm

*wipes brow*
Phew... I've had bad experiences with other artists before, as well as heard of some that were worse, which explains my initial fear at contacting artists through email...
Luckily, the majority of people I ask are more then happy to , which is good for me, as I am carp at the drawing, but am much better at colouring.

...*looks left, looks right*... SHAMELESS PLUG!

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/q/u/q ... igley.html

*looks guilty*

Postby Dave » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:49 pm

plugs are fine don't worry about that either. Everything around here is really laxed so don't be a stranger. and that is some nice coloring.
Administrator

Postby Cascade » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:30 pm

Bleedman eh? He did a great job on that comic so far. I also can tell Bleedman must be quite fond of fighting games. Seeing Dexter do Rock Howard's "Raging Storm" made me laugh a bit.
FUKKATSU

Postby WolfeFuzze » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:19 pm

Well... The email's bounced... It was 'unable to
connect successfully to the destination mail server.'

*looks guilty*
... so I went and did it anyway... (curse my weak will...)

Big group!

First of the more detailed colouring (incorperating some new techniques that I'd noticed in the comics) 25 layers! 25! (and the Blossom one crashed after 18... :()

As you are all aware, the lineart is bleedman's. Not mine. bleedman's.

bleedman's.

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:23 am

That's AWESOME. Nice job coloring seroiusly wow. You need to do a tutorial on how you do it so well. Oh and thanks for telling me about the e-mail not working. I may have set it up wrong. My bad. I'll look into it when I get back to school tomorrow.
Administrator

Postby WolfeFuzze » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:01 am

Thanks. Let me know if you manage to sort the email, I'll retry the whole asking for permission thing.

And as for a tutorial, that could be kinda difficult as I use GIMP 2.0 instead of the standard Photoshop (due to something b0rking during an upgrade, stopping any version (from 3.0 to CS) loading up) or PSP (due to... well, I just don't like it...)
Luckily, GIMP 2.0 is free! And I'm pretty sure I could remember how to transfer the method over to Photoshop...

Hrm... Maybe I will...

Postby Henry EviL » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:38 am

Hm....I'm pretty good at colouring too...or well I think I am..may be I should try some of these aswell. Should help improve myself more.

Postby Dave » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:19 pm

Henry welcome to the forums.
Administrator

Postby Oddette » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:22 pm

woooah nice coloring you've got there :D I take it your elfwodd has more of your art, non? (it's an art site isn't it?) I'll be sure to check it out!
-Oddette

Postby TheGuyWho » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:45 am

man thats crazy!!!! how the hell did you do that :|
http://aotd.yoll.net
"Wrath falls from the hevans"

Postby sfried » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:34 am

Dave wrote:send him an e-mail since Bleedman is from the philipines and doesn't speak english very well so he avoids chatting and forums 99% of the time.

bleedman@snafu-comics.com

I'm sure he won't mind though as long as your sure to give him credit for his line art. And totally post it here in the forum I can't wait to see it.

Bah! I come from the Philippines and I can speak English very well... Or if he really can't, than I can aslo speak Tagalog if I have to...

"Bleedman, pakita naman yung lineart mo, o."

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)