T-SHIRTS! now with Grim Jr.

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

What Size Shirt do you wear?

small
8%
medium
22%
large
25%
XL
17%
XXL
8%
XXXL
8%
small baby doll (girls)
2%
medium baby doll (girls)
6%
large baby doll (girls)
4%
XL baby doll (girls)
0%

Total votes : 278

Re: T-SHIRTS!

Postby aliceinneverland » Wed May 10, 2006 8:10 pm

i have to agree with dave. cuz we're selling our shirts pretty cheap and i think were charging $16-17 for them.
Image Image

Postby Dave » Wed May 10, 2006 8:15 pm

I was thinking about it to. The MacHall shirts being cheaper than everyone else. Those are the exact same designs they had at Otakon 2 years ago. And I don't know how long they had those shirts before then. My guess is they bought in MEGA BULK and are still trying to get rid of them. There's no other way that A) they'd still have 2+ year old shirts and B) be able to sell for $15. So yeah where on earth did you hear $12 bucks from? I'm soooo curious because that's every note worthy T-shirt selling comic I can currently think of and they were all spot on to my $15-20 dollar estimate expect $17.95 statement.

The only way I can see someone selling a shirt for around 12 is if A) the shirts are not selling and they're trying to get rid of them or B) they bought in major major major major bulk and if they've done enough to get that kind of price drop I can't really imagine any comic other than Penny-Arcade being able to for sure pull that off.

But yeah it doesn't really matter. I just don't like the idea that you think I'm ripping everyone off when that was a totally fair price estimate.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Wings » Wed May 10, 2006 8:20 pm

Well whoa, Dave, that was a bit of a spaz attack. I wasn't attacking you or anything - especially considering I'd just told you I'd grab four of your shirts. :) I wasn't trying to suggest you were ripping everyone off, although I guess it might seem that way. Sorry.

I guess $12 was a bit low. But I can definitely say that I've bought shirts for like $15 from the Boxcar folk, and the Digital Pimp ones tend to go for $10. I can give you the name of a company who can do screenprinting in bulk, and it works out at cheaper than you'll believe, if you want. We're planning to sell shirts at Anarchy Soda, you see, and that's who we're using.

The twelve buck figure was what we were thinking of charging.
sig.

Postby Dave » Wed May 10, 2006 8:24 pm

how big is "bulk" exactly. And that may be a good idea.

And no reason to apologize it's just me stressing over the shirts which I have been for the last like two weeks straight even more so now that my time before the first con is growing ever shorter. So yeah having someone say I'm over charging after I've looked around plenty and it seems about right just... yeah.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby aliceinneverland » Wed May 10, 2006 8:26 pm

the place we're using does pretty small runs for cheap. you only have to order a min. of 12 and they can be mixed of any size babydoll/mens. as long as the design stays the same. and for mens shirts they come out to around 8 and for girls they come out to around 10 i think. but we're only doing black and white so that helps keep it cheap.
Image Image

Postby Dave » Wed May 10, 2006 8:27 pm

huh yeah just checked boxcar and they don't even sell T-shirts anymore just two hats and a calender. Sounds like that $15 was a close out sell because that store was SAD.
Administrator

Postby Wings » Wed May 10, 2006 8:27 pm

Yeah, I understand. Totally my fault, though.

Bulk is whatever you want. I think the minimum amount of shirts you order is 20. But a thought occurs to me - the price I'm working with is for single-colour. I'll PM you the site and you can look it over, but yeah. I guess it would mean that the Snafu shirt could be sold for like $12, and the rest a tadge higher. Let me look into it.

EDIT: That's because Boxcar only ever does presales, and as soon as the presale period is over and all shirts are out, they disappear from the store.
sig.

Postby TakutheSamurai » Wed May 10, 2006 9:02 pm

First post Ever on this Forum, Just to say that I SOOOOO want that Horde shirt!

Level 60 Orc Shaman. ^_^
Signatures?! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' SIGNATURES!!

Postby i like toast and gravy » Wed May 10, 2006 9:23 pm

Dave, I love you.

It's been a while, but you finnally came threw.
^_^
http://sw.deri.org/~matteo/welcome.php
Dave wrote:I want more boners dammit.

Postby nubsofdoom23 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:05 pm

I personally love the HORDE one. When these start selling it is the first i will buy! The others are very cool too. I really hope these become avalible for purchase soon!

Postby sarahtheweirdo » Wed May 10, 2006 10:09 pm

Omg, I love the nobody shirt! xD I also want the SNAFU T-shirt too... I usually like wearing the guy shirts more than the girls shirts. They're more roomy and I'm sort of a tomboy. =P I don't really care for the money prices or the cost for shipping, just a little worried about the 'shipping and handling' but that's just me being paranoid.
"Live life to it's full extent.. in other words, drink 'til your hearts content!"

Postby Yoshi » Wed May 10, 2006 10:35 pm

The SNAFU and Tin shirts rock so very hard, though I was expecting one with Tin talking about his Ninja cock.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Dave » Wed May 10, 2006 10:41 pm

I dunno if I'll make a shirt I'd be embarassed to wear. So tampon tag is out to <.< >.>

Or is it?

Yeah I'd have a hard time starting to design that without blushing.
Administrator

Postby Wings » Wed May 10, 2006 10:42 pm

Just a massive bloody tampon.

'I GOT TAGGED'.
sig.

Postby Dave » Wed May 10, 2006 10:43 pm

and welcome to the forums guys. About the release dates on the shirts I HAVE to get them made before the 24th to be ready to take them to the Fanime convention in San Jose CA, I'll try and get them online for pre-order before that and start actually selling them online when I get back on the 30th or 31st. That's what I'm shooting for. Don't know if I can pull it off that smoothly but we'll see.
Administrator

Postby TheLoneWolf713 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:44 pm

omg i love those shirts!!!!! w00t w00t but i think there should be a shirt with the grim family on the back and in the front there should be a sythe with the reflection of grim in it! that would be soooooo sweet!!!! i will still buy all the other shirts... ^_^
Last edited by TheLoneWolf713 on Wed May 10, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If practice makes perfect, but nobody is perfect, why do we practice?

Postby Dave » Wed May 10, 2006 10:48 pm

well I can't really make anything "that" complex unless of course I did a transfer image on the shirts. And they're far lower quality than the solid color screen print shirts in my opinion. But yeah there will be a Grim and PPG shirt designed probably tomorrow.
Administrator

Postby Sun Dancer » Wed May 10, 2006 10:55 pm

I think the heartless one is cool! But I am a girl and stuff! I am normally 14-16 in Australia so what size would I be?
I GET REALLY ANGRY! VERY QUICKLY! So NO ONE much around with me! Oh ... I like nightmare before christmas! :D

Postby Dave » Wed May 10, 2006 10:59 pm

uuuuh... Medium I guess. I don't know how it works. Can a female help her out with her question?
Administrator

Postby Wings » Wed May 10, 2006 11:02 pm

14-16 is a medium to large, but going by American sizing, I'd say medium. And I'm not female. :)
sig.

Postby Dave » Wed May 10, 2006 11:12 pm

Oh and for the new people again welcome to the forums thanks for the feedback, and I super hope you decide to stick around.
Administrator

Postby Yoshi » Wed May 10, 2006 11:16 pm

14-16 is medium.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby sarahtheweirdo » Wed May 10, 2006 11:33 pm

I don't think the tampon idea would work... What about something with powerpuff girls on the front while the logo goes on the back or maybe on the shoulder? I'm not too sure about the Grim Tales one...
"Live life to it's full extent.. in other words, drink 'til your hearts content!"

Postby Jay » Wed May 10, 2006 11:35 pm

I'd love a TT t-shirt XD
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | Tumblr | MAL

Postby utterlyhopeless » Thu May 11, 2006 12:15 am

CANT wait for the PPGD and the GTFDB ones

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion