Looking for some help... (Game development)

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Looking for some help... (Game development)

Postby Cyberpawz » Mon May 01, 2006 10:11 am

I have since nearly 9/2001 been designing a game in my head, I have 111 pages worth of ideas, but no plot, or fleshed out concepts.

I am designing a wiki to even out these ideas, but what I would like to see if possible would be a joint effort I am only one person, and well I can think of a lot of things, but I'd like to have a group of people to help...

This will be a joint effort, anyone who is willing to invest a few hours a week into this endeavor would be greatly appreciated.

To give you a small indication of what the game concept is about would be best to read this:

http://www.cyberpawz.com/reactor/Dev/Do ... Change.rtf

If you are interested I'd like to hear from people.

Again this is a long term project, a minimum of 1 year for concepts... I am also looking for artists as well. So if anyone is willing or wanting to get their hands dirty on a startup company or concept I'll be waiting for your response.

Thanks again for reading this, and for any future help.
Collaboratio maximi momenti est, quia eis alterum scopum praebet.

Translated: Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at.

Re: Looking for some help... (Game development)

Postby craig911 » Mon May 01, 2006 10:50 am

I'm useless in that scenario.
Try SpellRuler,MDK,or Mir@k
Everyone in this list...I shall miss with all my heart.
CarrionMan,Erix,Whispersoul,Miss Redhead,APE,narutodesu,SpellRuler,wickedali, PPGD Fan, Kyle,~Gaara's Little Angel~,TheCoosinator,DarkDragon_DEK, The.Time.Lord., Hiryu.

Farewell.

Postby smeeer » Mon May 01, 2006 1:40 pm

Cyberpawz wrote:I have since nearly 9/2001 been designing a game in my head, I have 111 pages worth of ideas, but no plot, or fleshed out concepts.

I am designing a wiki to even out these ideas, but what I would like to see if possible would be a joint effort I am only one person, and well I can think of a lot of things, but I'd like to have a group of people to help...

This will be a joint effort, anyone who is willing to invest a few hours a week into this endeavor would be greatly appreciated.

To give you a small indication of what the game concept is about would be best to read this:

Again this is a long term project, a minimum of 1 year for concepts... I am also looking for artists as well. So if anyone is willing or wanting to get their hands dirty on a startup company or concept I'll be waiting for your response.

How about music? Will you need that? Huh? Huh?

Postby Cyberpawz » Mon May 01, 2006 11:12 pm

smeeer wrote:
Cyberpawz wrote:I have since nearly 9/2001 been designing a game in my head, I have 111 pages worth of ideas, but no plot, or fleshed out concepts.

How about music? Will you need that? Huh? Huh?

Probably around the same time as the programmer, but we can talk about that off forum if you wish :)

Postby Lotus Flower » Tue May 02, 2006 2:08 am

Heh, another one of these strange "I need help from people to create my game" thread.

Postby Grey » Tue May 02, 2006 8:55 am

Quite a lot of these...
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Onizaru » Tue May 02, 2006 12:57 pm

Added after 34 seconds:

crap. some of the invisible spots arent invisable.

Postby smeeer » Tue May 02, 2006 1:51 pm

Cyberpawz wrote:Probably around the same time as the programmer, but we can talk about that off forum if you wish :)

Hm...at what time will that be, do you think? I noticed you said that the minimum planning time is a year (that's long-term, all right).

Postby Cyberpawz » Wed May 03, 2006 12:16 am

smeeer wrote:
Cyberpawz wrote:Probably around the same time as the programmer, but we can talk about that off forum if you wish :)

Hm...at what time will that be, do you think? I noticed you said that the minimum planning time is a year (that's long-term, all right).

Also I already have a programmer, but he is learning so I'm giving it a year before he is capable to do what is required...

And also if you know anything about long term game development 3 years for a AAA game concept is not unheard of. Actually I've seen some go for 7 years before their first title is published... (Valve comes to mind on that one)

Lotus Flower wrote:Heh, another one of these strange "I need help from people to create my game" thread.

Actually I'm asking for help because I would of thought that some people may just like to see their names on a game... not to mention that I've been working on it longer than a year, and I think personally a group effort is better than doing it by yourself at times. Guess I was wrong.

Postby Lotus Flower » Wed May 03, 2006 12:18 am

Well you ARE posting it in the SPAM forum. This part of the place is basically a rubbish dump. You can't really expect help in this section >.>

Postby Onizaru » Wed May 03, 2006 12:33 am

behold entire full proper invisable ness.

Postby Cyberpawz » Wed May 03, 2006 8:06 am

Lotus Flower wrote:Well you ARE posting it in the SPAM forum. This part of the place is basically a rubbish dump. You can't really expect help in this section >.>

Well I really didn't see any other place to post it, so I did so here, I wanted to follow some level of conduct... although so be it. Guess it was a waste of my time.

Postby smeeer » Wed May 03, 2006 10:50 am

[quote=Cyberpawz]Guess it was a waste of my time.[/quote]
Not necessarily. I'd be more than willing to do the music. I think you'll find me quite capable.

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!