SSoM's fic thread. Hidden Angels. Chapter 11 is UP! (70%)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: It's begun! Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:29 pm

Chapter 2: And so they meet again.

*Shad's mind*

*cue birds-eye view of the labyrinth that is Shad's mind. The walls are a dark slate-gray and the floor so black you feel like you're standing on a pit. Scene zooms to the center of the maze, a huge circle with access to the 4 entrances into the maze. In that circle sat a boy. A boy who watches over his host. A boy who makes sure a certain tragedy doesn't repeat itself. A boy who, save the red eyes, looks exactly like a certain other white-haired boy. The one who is, at this very moment, monitoring his host's dreams via a floating square screen. The one who calls himself...Shad's "other half"*

???: Shad. You miss them very much so, despite their past accusations towards your parents. It's almost as if you're not in the soothing state of sleep, the process of which you can enter your own world, you seem dreary, dull, without rapture. You may have the chance you wanted by finally living in the same city as them...but has your heart grown so heavy with sorrow that you no longer care?

*scene shifts to Shad's dream. A meadow covered in pastel green grass stretches farther then the eye can see. There are a few trees here and there surrounded by flower beds. At a distant part of the meadow, there's a large blanket on the ground. On it is a green boom box and various snacks next to it. The people using it however, happen to be 2 little girls. Each of them is wearing a t-shirt of their respective colors of pink and green with hearts on them and blue shorts. One girl with pink eyes has red hair tied and held onto by a hairclip with a big heart on it whereas the other girl has emerald eyes and has black hair. She was singing a song via the mic connected to the boom box*

Tooku Tooku Omoi hatenaku
    Futari ga Mujaki ni waratteta
    Ano koro ni modoreru nara...

Blossom: That's good Buttercup.

Buttercup: Yeah whatever.

Bubbles' voice and Shad's voice: We're back!

*Blossom and Buttercup look up at the clear dodger-blue sky and see a streak of blue light. The source of the streak, a girl with blue eyes and pigtails donning a blue shirt with a heart on it coupled with the blue shorts. She descends next to her sisters, carrying Shad who was, in turn, holding a bunch of apples*

Shad: Will this much do?

Blossom: This much?!

Buttercup: We can make even more snacks with this!

Blossom: What kind?

Buttercup: Apple pie, apple cake, caramel apple, candied apple, I heard you can BBQ it too...*goes off into indistinct chatter*

Bubbles: Isn't it pretty Shaddy?

Shad: Not as pretty as you Bubbles.

Bubbles: *giggles*

Shad: Hey, what's so funny? *takes a bite out of an apple*

Bubbles: You always think I'm prettier then everything.

Shad: *takes a daisy out of a flower bed and inserts it into Bubbles' hair* There, now everything's pretty equally.

Bubbles: You're so silly. *lightly pushes Shad down, causing him to roll off a hill*

Shad: WHEEEEEEEE!

Bubbles: Hey, that looks fun! *Bubbles follows suit until they stop at the bottom* That was fun!

Shad: It's always fun when you and your sisters are around.

Bubbles: Really?

Shad: Of course!

Bubbles: We're best friends! Always have and always will. No matter what.

Shad: No matter what? So won't leave me...right?

Bubbles: It's not that I want to, but stuff always happen.

Shad: Not here! Out of all 3 of you, I like you the most! You're the cutest.

Bubbles: *blushes* Aw, stop it.

Shad: There was something I wanted to do for a long time...I just don't know if I should do it now.

Bubbles: Huh?

Shad: Can you...can you close your eyes for a second? Please?

Bubbles: Okay! *closes eyes*

Shad: Ever since I said I liked you, I've always wanted to know if you liked me back. And this...I hope I get this right.

*Shad draws his head closer to Bubbles, preparing to kiss her. But just when his lips are inches away from hers, she turns into mist! In fact, everything around him goes all misty!*

Shad: AHH! What's happening!

???: Shad! Shad!

*Shad's eyelids started to get heavy, then collapses on the ground...or lack of one. In seconds, he feels someone shaking him and opens his eyes, the first thing coming into his vision is none other then...Claire Staydamind*

Claire: Shad, we're here.

Shad: Wha? *gets himself up and looks out the window* We're still moving.

Dimitri: But we're here, aren't we? Look to your right.

Shad: *turns to the right window and sees a large building with a big clock at the top center* That's what people call a university?

Dimitri: Not quite. Megasville University is a little far off. That's Megasville Elementary.

Shad: HUH?! THAT'S an elementary school?! But it's so...so...

Claire: Big?

Shad: Yeah!

Claire: That means it's good for you.

Dimitri: We'll get you a pamphlet of that later.

*the car continues to drive through the large urban area. It's almost bigger then Townsville and has subway stations, parks, and just about everything else you'd expect in a metropolis. Eventually they finally make it into the suburban area and finally, stop at their designated house. The moving truck behind them follows suit and opens the back door as the truck driver begins to unload the cargo*

Claire: *steps out of the car* Home sweet home!

Dimitri: *checks his watch, which says 5:43PM* It won't be home until we fill it up.

Shad: *follows Claire as he takes his Bubbles plushie off the car floor* I'll help.

Claire: Now now, you helped enough when we were packing up.

Dimitri: And you still look a little drowsy. You might want to walk it off.

Shad: *yawns* Okay. I won't take too long.

Dimitri: Good boy. Now first things first. *tries to pull out the box holding the bed*

Claire: Shouldn't we get the other...

Dimitri: *grunts* No! The bed is the most important piece of furniture.

Truck driver: *pulls the box with ease* I got this.

Dimitri: No, I got this! * puts a few small boxes containing his and Claire's clothing and grabs hold of a corner* That'll get the work done faster.

Truck driver: Hey, don't tell me how to do my job!

Dimitri: I'm not. It's called convenience.

Claire: Hold on there, it's tipping! *takes another corner as all 3 of them carry the large box inside the house*

Shad: Guess they have it under control. Now...

*Shad closes the door of the car and starts to walk down the spotless concrete street. He barely even goes past his own home until he sees a very peculiar house*

Shad: Huh? Weird. This house looks different then the others.

*Shad takes a closer look at the house. It only takes a second for him to notice a very odd feature: 3 circle windows at the top!*

Shad: Circle windows? Why does that...No. They live here but right next door? What are the odds of...

*Shad stands on his tip-toes a bit, then notices that he sees pink walls through the windows!*

Shad: *gasps* PINK! I only know 1, no, 3 people who have pink wallpaper! But how? I was a bit surprised when they were right across the street, but...but for them to be RIGHT NEXT DOOR?! Calm down. There's only one way for me to find out. But if it is them...what will I say?

*Shad slowly walks to to the front door of the home that houses the 3 girls he admires so. He stops there and curls his right hand into a fist, which starts to shake a little*

Shad: *shaking* B-b-b-but what if they don't like me anymore? After what I said? They might move away again...because of m-m-me. What if they forgot about me? It's been a year since I saw them. A year isn't that long...is it? Then again, I felt hurt the day Bubbles said she had to go. That hurt felt like it was there forever, so maybe a year is a long time. Better knock just to make sure. 3...2...

*before Shad can say the last number, he heard a sound. A sound of a car coming his way*

Shad: Our car? But we just...*turns around, then gasps, his eyes opening up widely at what he sees*

*in the street a white car makes its way to its driveway. But it's not the car that Shad got all uppity about. It was who's inside the car. He put on his glasses and his guess is confirmed: Driving the car is a man with black hair and a square head wearing a lab coat. In the backseat...the 3 friends of Shad Staydamind. 3 girls. 3 of his most favored heroes. One redhead, one black hair, and the one he admired the most...one blond with pigtails. The car is starting to slow down a bit and Shad knew very well why*

Shad: *starts to hyperventilate a little* H-h-h-h-h-how?! What...what were the...the odds of...of...THIS?! I can't let them see me! Not here!

*Shad tries to run back in his parents' car to hide, but he's so nervous that even his legs stopped working! He only stood there as...*

*inside the car*

Buttercup: *holding a picture of herself in a soccer uniform holding a soccer ball. The frame is etched with the words: Most Valuable Soccer Player* So? I think someone owes me a little something.

Blossom: Owe you what?

Buttercup: You said if I can hold up being in a sports team for a month while getting good enough grades to stay in the team you'd give me 5 dollars AND do my chores for the rest of the semester.

Bubbles: Blossom, you said all that?

Blossom: Ugh. I did. But if weren't for that sports team you wouldn't even have the grades you have now.

Professor Utonium: Now now, no need to fret Blossom. What matters is that Buttercup is motivated to do well in sch...*sees a certain little boy next to the driveway*...sweet...Stephan...Hawking.

Bubbles: Who?

Buttercup: *looks out the window* What, you see a shoo...*mouth agape* Uh...Bubbles?

Bubbles: Yeah?

Buttercup: You might want to see this. I mean REALLY wanna see this!

*the car finally slows down and parks at the driveway. The professor gets out and finally confirms who he saw. The girls, too, are surprised to see the same boy they knew all the way back in Townsville...one year ago. Everything was silent, Shad still a bit shaky, until...*

Bubbles: ........................Shaddy?

Buttercup: Shad! Long time no see!

Blossom: So you came to visit after all.

*inside Shad's new home*

Claire: Whew. Don't know how we did it, but we have our room set.

Dimitri: Yeah, we still have the kitchen and Shad's room. *as soon as he opens the door, Dimitri sees Shad zooming inside the house and up the stairs, as if someone was chasing him* Shad?

Claire: Now what was...*looks down on the floor and sees a small trail of dark spots*...tears? What happened to him?

Dimitri: *hears a knock on the door* Must be the new neighbors. *looks through the doorhole (or whatever it is you call those things that let you see who's at your door without leaving the house) and sees the most unexpected thing: 3 little girls and an old friend* Oooooooookay...that explains a lot.

End of Chapter 2.
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby Keeper » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:08 pm

Awww. Such a nice memory. ^_^

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:13 pm

Er...that's a dream Shad's having. Still nice if I say so myself. Just check back....er...tomorrow. That is, if you live in the US.
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Postby Keeper » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:20 pm

Sure. Virginia is in the US right? ;)

Then I shall way for tomorrow. ^_^

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:58 pm

Great stuff, Shad!
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:37 am

Chapter 2 completed!

Postby Keeper » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:44 am

Hehehehehe that was obvious. Poor Shad. ^_^;

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:47 am

Of course it's obvious. That scene is an extended version of this a couple months back remember? You should know, for you have read it.

Postby Keeper » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:51 am

Yep. I remember that.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:04 pm

Chapter 3: You've changed! A lot!

*Dimitri and Claire's room*

*Shad swung the door open, jumped on the bed and buried his head into the pillow, shaking a little*

Shad: I can't believe it. They're here. They're actually here. Next door. So close to me. They're...they're...they're...*bolts his head upright and...smiling?* THEY'RE SOOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!! They changed a lot! They have FINGERS NOW! Their eyes are smaller but they look a little taller too! At first they looked a little weird with those big eyes but they LOOK MORE LIKE PEOPLE and that makes them much much more cuter!

*meanwhile, in the currently empty living room*

Dimitri: *chuckes* Apples and cinnamon what were the odds of this?

Professor Utonium: About 1,234,534,434,231,875,32...

Dimitri: Yikes I was joking!

Professor Utonium: I know. Just wanted to make sure if this was actually real.

Buttercup: Yeah! Look at this place! It's almost as big as the last house.

Blossom: Well you still need to unpack everything.

Bubbles: And it's next door! *flies upstairs* Shaddy?

Claire: Wait, Bubbles not now!

Shad: Should I be with them again? Can we start where we left off? *clutches his heart* When I saw them...it stopped. For a few seconds the hurting stopped, at least until I thought about what I said to Bubbles that day...

Shad: *bends down to pick up his Bubbles plushie* Good-bye.

Bubbles: Good-bye? We're not...*sees that a practical waterfall of tears streaming down his face and on the floor* Shaddy we can...

Shad: *sobbing* I SAID GOOD-BYE!!

Shad: That's when the hurting began. It's been one year and I still don't know how to make it go away.

*door opens, followed by the sound of a certain someone's voice*

Bubbles' voice: Shaddy?

Shad: *turns around, then blushes* Bubbles?!

Bubbles: Mrs. Staydamind told me everything. You're not feeling too well aren't you?

Claire: *barges in* There you are! Shad, your room's all set.

Shad: Already?

*Shad's new room*

Blossom and Buttercup: Ta-da! All ready and set, just like your old room.

Shad: *blushes* Uh...th-th-thank you?

Buttercup: What's wrong?

Claire: It's great that you girls helped with unpacking everything...

Blossom: Not everything. There's one other box that Dimitri didn't want us going near. Wonder why?

Claire: His supercomputer no doubt. Girls, come to my room. Shad?

Shad: I'll stay here.

*Claire sits on the bed as she tells the PPG everything that's been going on with Shad past last year*

Blossom: So he hasn't been doing well since we left.

Claire: Exactly. He's been even more sullen then when you first saw him. Poor thing's been pushing everyone away for some time.

Buttercup: You mean he didn't make any new friends or anything? I thought we told him to at least do that!

Claire: There's a problem with that. You see, Shad's been very good friends with you for...2 months I believe. Now to children his age, 2 months is a very long time. It's just that he...

Blossom: Let me guess: He thought we'd never leave him.

Claire: Yes. So when he got the news that you were moving...well, you know.

Bubbles: *head down* It's my fault. If I told Shaddy sooner he wouldn't be like this now. But I didn't want to hurt his feelings...and I did.

Claire: I don't think it would've made much of a difference. Shad's heart told him the truth he thought was a lie. Although not even I can understand why that occurred. Could it be...no, it can't.

Buttercup: He probably wanted to see us for a while so why did he just start crying and run away like that?

Claire: Look, it's a little complicated...

Blossom: Complicated? I'm complicated! We're complicated!

Claire: Sugar, spice and everything nice. Add Chemical X to give you powers. Not very complicated.

Buttercup: HA! Take that leader girl!

Blossom: Not what I meant. Okay, you know what's complicated? How come Shad has no powers? Yes, I remember the accident.

Claire: Um...*looks out the window, the sun going down* I think you girls better get home now. It's nearly nighttime.

Bubbles: But that sunset...there was a sunset when we took that photo. Does Shaddy still have it?

Claire: I suppose that's the ironic part. Shad still treasures those things. His memories of you. The friendship photo. Even that plush doll.

Blossom: Yet he's staying clear away from us. Why?

Claire: I said it's a bit complicated. Although I think it's best if Shad tells you himself. Maybe that'll ease his pain.

Bubbles: *sad* Shaddy.

Professor Utonium's voice: *coming from downstairs* Girls! Time to go home!

Buttercup: Already?!

Blossom: But we just helped you set up the living room...and the kitchen...and Shad's room...everything!

Claire: Everything except the garage and the basement. Those we'll take care of. Now run along now, your dad's calling.

Buttercup: *floats off the ground* Whatever. *flies out of the room*

Blossom: Hope Shad feels well soon. *follows Buttercup*

Bubbles: ........................

Claire: Bubbles, he'll be okay. *pats her head* Just give him time.

Bubbles: But he had a whole year. A whole year and he's still hurt. When I see Shaddy and think of him, I feel it too. *flies out the room as well*

Claire: Hmm...it's funny how those so in tune with each other's feelings can bring much grief...for everyone involved. *lies down, then sighs* Funny thing, misery. Perhaps this is what they mean by the saying: Misery loves company. If so, then it definitely loves little Shaddy. *sticks out her finger, which glows a bright fuchsia* I guess the Chemical X has its limits when it comes to healing emotional pain. But maybe...

*Clare gets off the bed and stand up. A cerise aura begins to swirl around her as she clenches her fist, grunting a little. Claire then began to shrink a little until...*

Dimitri's voice: *coming from the living room* Claire! There's a few more boxes left! Help please!

Claire: *cerise aura vanishes and shrinking reverses back to her normal height* UGH! I was just starting to...coming Dimitri!

End of Chapter 3.

In case you haven't noticed, I've just started to use complicated colors here. For those who are interested, take a gander at the color directory It contains EVERY COLOR KNOWN TO MAN!! Except bergandy. WHERE'S THE BERGANDY?! :'(

Anywho...anyone want to take a guess as to what Claire was trying to do?

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:39 pm

Great work! And even a Stephen Hawking reference! Woo!

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Keeper » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:21 pm

Excellent update! w00t

I'm thinking Claire starting to loose control of her powers. :(

Postby Bear » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:46 pm

My guess would be that Claire is trying to awaken and experiment with her powers.

Can't wait to read more and find out.
Free Download, Free 14 Day (No CC Required) Trial.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:59 pm

Very nice guess, but not quite. If you go back one page and look at the trailer, she's trying to do a little something. Hint: She tried doing it in chapter 35 of the first part but ended up failing...at the temporary expense of her mental state afterwards. Also, this time she was starting to shrink a little...okay, I'll just stop right there before I blab.

Chapter 4: New "snowy hair" in the class.

*the next day, at Megasville Elementary 8:12AM*

*scene shifts to a frontal view of Megasville Elementary. Lines upon lines of students are making their way to the front door. Cue zoom in to one of the upper windows into a first grade classroom. Inside, students were unpacking their supplies, straightening out their desks, reviewing math notes. Well, only a few students are doing that. One of them being a short redhead boy with round glasses similar to Shad's wearing a small white button-down lab coat, bondi blue pants, purple gloves and black boots. The other boy sitting next to him is fiddling with a watch of some sort. He dons blue jeans and an old god vest...GAH! Why am I saying this, you all saw the PPGD! Besides, you'd have to had read that if you're reading this. Anyway, At the front row is Blossom, all seated. All the way at the back is Buttercup, looking bored even before the class started. And close to the window is Bubbles, looking out said window. There, no more descripting!*

Bubbles: *sigh*

Dexter: Anything wrong Bubbles?

Blossom: She's just a bit down from yesterday.

Otto: About what?

Buttercup: Meh, just stuff. Remember that kid we told you about last month?

Otto: A little bit here and there.

Dexter: Almost all.

Blossom: Well just yesterday we got the bi...*school bell rings as everyone scrambles to their seats* I'll tell you later.

*the door opens and in comes Ms. Meryl. And no I'm not descripting her, check the PPGD*

Ms. Meryl: Good morning class.

Students: Good morning Ms. Meryl.

Ms. Meryl: I hope you all studied last night, even though there was going to be a pop quiz planned today.

Otto: Was?

Ms. Meryl: You see, we have a new student joining us. I haven't met him personally yet, but I've spoken with his parents and...well, please don't make any outbursts. *takes out her roster*

*slight chatter stirs between the students*

Student 1: Weird. "Don't make any outbursts?" The teacher never said that when a new student came in.

Student 2: Maybe he's a mutant.

Student 3: You think it's that green-skinned kid that weirdo Dib keeps saying is an alien?

Student 1: No, they're in a higher grade then us.

Ms. Meryl: Simmer down class. *reads the roster* You can come in now Mr. Sta...sta...

*door swings open as the new student comes in, leaving not only the PPG, but the entire class (even Dexter) in a bit of a shock. The student has silver eyes and hair almost as white as snow. He wears the male student uniform, only instead of the shirt being white, it's slate gray instead, and his vest, the same silver as his eyes*

Shad: Staydamind. My name is Shad Staydamind. *at those words, the entire class went into a rukus of sub-loud whispers*

Student 1: Who is he?

Student 2: Look at his hair! He must be an old guy.

Student 3: But he looks so young.

Student 4: That vest matches with his eyes though. But whi's eyes are silver?

Student 5: Isn't that against school rules?

Student 2: Hey, if the Powerpuffs and Dorkster can skip the dress code...

Student 4: His hair's so white. Like snow. You think he's related to Danny Phantom?

Ms. Meryl: Okay, that's enough! I told you not to make outbursts. Yes, I was surprised when I got a photo of him sent to me as well, but it would be in Shad's best interest and security if you don't ask him why the colors of his hair and eyes are...well, rare. And no, he's not related to Danny Phantom.

Otto: Wouldn't put it past him. He even has the same hairstyle.

Ms. Meryl: *raises an eyebrow* Otto?

Otto: Nothing!

Bubbles: *raises her hand* Ms. Meryl! Ms. Meryl! Can Shaddy sit next to me?

Ms. Meryl: Shaddy?

*class giggles a bit*

Blossom: *whispers to Bubbles* Psst! Ix nay on the addy Shay!

Buttercup: *whispers to Bubbles* on't Day give the ossipers Gay any deas Iay you upid Stay um um Day Day.

Ms. Meryl: Blossom! Buttercup!

Shad: Ms. Meryl, is it okay if I can choose my own seat?

Ms. Meryl: I suppose.

*Shad walks along a row of seats, getting closer to Bubbles' seat until...*

Bubbles: There's an empty seat right over ther...

Shad: *looks to an empty seat all the way at the upper left corner* Never mind, found one! *runs to said empty seat*

Blossom: Uh-oh.

*during lunch at the cafeteria*

Dexter: So that's the Shad Staydamind person you've been speaking of.

Blossom: Yes. He is...well, to him, we were his friends.

Otto: Didn't you say something about him liking Bubbles...a lot?

Buttercup: Pffft! A lot doesn't even come close!

Blossom: Remember when I said his hair and eyes didn't always look the way they do now?

Dexter: No need to explain any further. You said something about an accident drenching him in Chemical X.

Otto: And for some strange reason he didn't get any powers. Why is that?

Blossom: We have no idea. But what I do know is that his parents aren't being completely honest with him about a few things.

Dexter: You mean his mother having healing powers and Molecular Regeneration? That I remember too.

Otto: How much of this stuff do you remember?

Dexter: As I said before, almost everything.

Otto: Well if Shad's your friend then why isn't he sitting with us?

Buttercup: Well a little bit after our sleepover we started to say stuff about his parents.

Blossom: Shad completely misinterpreted everything we tried telling him. He believed everything his parents told him and...well, it sort of started to sour our friendship. Just a tiny bit though.

Dexter: And I take it that's why he wishes to stay clear of you.

Otto: Wait, I think it's because Shad didn't want you all to move and got all depressed.

Bubbles: *turns around and sees Shad sitting alone at another table* It's my fault. I'm the reason Shaddy's like this.

Dexter: But if Shad has moved here just yesterday and you're all just next door from him, then why isn't he...well, you know, happy?

Blossom: That's the part we don't get, at least not entirely. I think it has something to do with his heart being hurt for a long time. I guess he won't be comfortable with us right away.

Bubbles: When I saw Shaddy I was thinking, "hey, maybe we can finally start where we left off. I kept my promise." but instead he just ran from us.

Dexter: All this aside, there's something else I wasn't able to figure out: How did Mrs. Staydamind obtain these powers? Chemical X?

Blossom: Most likely yes. But even with the professor's tests, we still have no idea how she got them.

Dexter: Well think of it this way: If she had these powers before she became, say, pregnant, then shouldn't Shad have these abilities as well?

Buttercup: That's exactly what we're trying to tell him. It's just that he trusts his parents so much that he doesn't believe us!

Blossom: Not that we have definite proof or anything. The only way he'll believe us is if his parents say so themselves...like that'll happen.

Otto: Wait, I remember something now! How about when Shad got kidnapped?

Buttercup: What about that?

Otto: And Mr. Staydamind somehow got him back so fast you said. Ended up in the basement. Of course I'm more curious as to who kidnapped Shad...and why.

Dexter: That's another mystery we can't seem to figure out. Who would go through that much trouble just to take him? Is it because they've heard about his accident and thought they can use his powers for evil, only to find out he had none? Or maybe...you said Shad had a strange dream right?

Blossom: Or so he claims. He says he saw this man saying stuff. Something about Claire having powers and the other things he won't believe. Shad probably remembers a bit more.

Dexter: *stands up* Stay here. I'll go ask him. *walks to the farthest table, where Shad is*

Shad: *looks up, then scoots away* Go away.

Dexter: I won't be here for long. I just need to ask a few things.

Shad: What stuff?

Dexter: Subjects pertaining to what your friends told me.

Shad: What friends?

Dexter: Okay, you were right about that, Blossom. Did you ever have any strange dreams?

Shad: *scoots away further* None you would know of!

Dexter: Any dreams about a man with brown hair?

Shad: *gasps* How did you...fine, but only once I'm saying it: I was inside this tube and this man started saying stuff. They were all lies, but he says daddy used to work for him and mommy has powers, so I have some of her powers too. But all of that isn't true since it was all a dream. Daddy said so.

Dexter: Anything else?

Shad: The tube I was in started zapping me over and over again until I blacked out and woke up again. That's everything. Now go away!

Dexter: Okay, just a few more things. Do you remember the man's name?

Shad: Why should you know?! He's not real! Just a person in a dream! Daddy says so and he never lies!

Dexter: So it never passed your mind that you should...

Student 1: *passing by* Hey snowy hair, Dorkster giving you a hard time?

Shad: Snowy hair?

Student 2: Geez, Dorkster, quit ragging the new kid!

Dexter: I suggest that you cease referrin...

Shad: Everyone just LEAVE ME ALONE!! *grabs his lunch box and runs out of the cafeterria*

Buttercup: *sarcasm* That went well. Smooth move there!

Bubbles: Shaddy...what can we do to help you?

End of Chapter 4.

Hope I didn't get Dexter out of character now. Anyone spot a certain 'alien' reference?

Postby Bear » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:06 pm

Yeah, Go Zim! I finally watched that a little while ago, so now I totally agree that they should've made more episodes.

Dexter doesn't really seem out of character, but it's been so long since I saw Dexter's Lab that I may not be the most reliable source for that.
Free Download, Free 14 Day (No CC Required) Trial.

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:09 pm

Zim: Yes! FINALLY! For I, ZIM, have been referenced in this feeble HUMAN fanfiction, for I am ZIM, and I am great, because I am ZIM!

Alien version of Mojo Jojo fer sure.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:11 pm

Hold on there. Zim's not in the fic...yet. Although I gotta watch the show myself so he won't get messed up in this fic.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:55 pm

Chapter 5:

*Megasville Elementary (back schoolyard) 12:00PM*

*scene starts at the schoolyard behind Megasville Elementary (please go to chapter 1 of the PPGD for a visual description). A row of first grade students(except Dexter, who's sitting at the bench) face none other then Sensei Jack (description not included). Beside him is a rack full of dodgeballs. Yes, you heard me: Dodgeballs! Sound familiar? Well it should*

Sensei Jack: *walking along the row of students* Are any of you familiar with a game called dodgeball?

All students: Yes Sensei.

Sensei Jack: Very good. The more you know of how the game is played, the better. But you won't so much as try to oust your opponents but rather the...*stops in front of a certain white-haired boy*...do I know you?

Shad: Um...no.

Student 1: C'mon Sensei Jack. Haven't you heard of "snowy hair?"

Blossom: Sheesh, just 4 hours and already Shad has a nickname.

Buttercup: Hey twerp! He has a name: Shad!

Student 2: But look at him!

Student 1: Are you sure you're not a long-lost relative of Danny Phantom or something?

Shad: *shakes, starting to face the back entrance*

Bubbles: Quit calling Shaddy names! He didn't choose that hair color you know!

Student 3: Oh, so you like him already?

Sensei Jack: Enough! Why don't we let him introduce himself? Shad, if you will.

Shad: No.

Sensei Jack: What?

Shad: It's in your roster isn't it? Besides, Buttercup already said my name.

Sensei Jack: True, but due to school regulations you must introduce yourself so I can put your name in my roster for future use.

Shad: *sigh* We moved here yesterday. My name is Shad Staydamind.

Sensei Jack: *sticks out hand* Well...very nice to meet you Shad Staydamind. I hope you'll have a most terrific experience here at Megasville Elementary. His eyes. I see a small glimmer of what used to be a source of happiness, but they seem haunting somehow. As if this child has been miserable all his life.

Shad: Um...fine, I guess.

*Shad shakes Jack's hand. Upon doing so, Jack feels a quick chill down his spine*

Sensei Jack: *winces*

Buttercup: Sensei?

Sensei Jack: *quickly lets go of Shad's hand* W-what on earth... Okay, now that the formalities are over, everyone split into teams. Team captains will be Buttercup and Bubbles.

Buttercup: No problem here. Let's see...I choose...Sense...

Bubbles: Hey, we're supposed to flip a coin first.

Buttercup: Nuh-uh! He said my name first!

Sensei Jack: Cease this bickering! Buttercup, you choose first.

Buttercup: Told you Bubbles. I choose Sensei Jack.

Blossom: Knew it!

Sensei Jack: I'm the referee Buttercup.

*class giggles a bit*

Buttercup: *blushes* Fine. Blossom!

Bubbles: Shaddy!

Shad: HUH?!

Student 1: New kid already?

Student 2: If one of the Powerpuffs chose him first he must be good.

Student 3: Why does she keep calling him 'Shaddy' though?

Sensei Jack: Shad, go forth to...*sees a small space between 2 students where Shad used to be*...Shad?

Blossom: *points to Shad, who's all the way at the door* Over there.

Buttercup: I'll get hi...

Sensei Jack: No, allow me. *sprints to Shad and lifts him off the ground before he can grab hold of the door handle*

Shad: *wriggling* Let go! I don't wanna play! I don't even know how!

Sensei Jack: No better time to learn then. *sprints back to the field and lands Shad next to Bubbles*

Bubbles: Sensei Jack's fast, isn't he?

Shad: *blushes, then slightly scoots away* Uh...

Buttercup: Otto.

*a few minutes later*

*both teams are ready. A row of students (5, Blossom among them) on one side with Buttercup as their team captain, and another row of students (5 again, Shad among them) with Bubbles as their team captain. Sensei Jack stands between the teams, the dodgeball rack beside him and just outside the field borders, Dexter stands next to a blackboard on wheels*

Sensei Jack: As you all may know, the game of dodgeball is very simple. The goal of the game is to be the last person, or last team standing without getting struck by the ball. Normally that would be the case. However...*takes a dodgeball off the rack and tosses it to Buttercup, who catches it*...the rules will be slightly altered in this case. *takes another ball and throws it to Bubbles, then Blossom, and soon, everyone has one red ball in their hands*

Blossom: This again?

Buttercup: We've done this before, so why is Sensei Jack saying this again?

Otto: Well Shad's new here isn't he?

Sensei Jack: This time, the goal will be different. Instead of pelting your opponents, your task is to keep yourselves from getting hit as much as possible. Normally there would be a limit as to when you can hold your ball. You can now hold it as long as you can. You may throw your balls at the members of the opposing team as much as you need to. The game will last 10 minutes. Once the time is up Dexter shall tally up the final score. The team with the most 'hits' loses.

Bubbles: Isn't this gonna be fun Shaddy?

Shad: Uh...*blushes, scoots further away from Bubbles*

Sensei Jack: Prepare yourselves...get set...Ready Steady Go!

*all the teammates scattered about the entire field as dodgeballs went flying left and right*

Buttercup: *ducks* Coming at ya! *throws her ball to an opponent, which ricochet into 4 more of Bubbles' teammates, Shad included!*

Shad: OW!

Bubbles: Shaddy are you alright?

Shad: NO! *throws the ball in frustration, hitting Otto*

Otto: OOF!

Dexter: Let's see: Buttercup's team has 1 and Bubbles' team has...5. Buttercup's in the lead...again.

Blossom: Take this! *throws her ball, hitting Bubbles and another of her teammates*

Bubbles: No you don't! *retaliates, her ball hitting Buttercup, Otto, Blossom and 2 more of her teammates*

Otto: Oh really? *throws his ball, hitting one of Bubbles' teammates*

Sensei Jack: 7 minutes left!

Dexter: Buttercup's team: 6. Bubbles' team: 8. Almost tied now.

Buttercup: That's it! No more fooling around! *she and Blossom each throw their balls, which ricochet into Shad, Bubbles, and 3 of their teammates!*

Otto: Don't forget about me now. *throws his ball at one of Bubbles' teammates*

Dexter: Buttercup's team: 6. Bubbles' team: 14. So much for them being tied

Sensei Jack: 4 minutes left.

Bubbles: Shaddy are you sure you're okay?

Shad: I said I'm fine! *throws his ball in anger, hitting Blossom, which ricochets into Buttercup and Otto!*

Bubbles: Shaddy.

Sensei Jack: Hmm.

Dexter: What is it Sensei?

Sensei Jack: Something seems to be ailing the young boy. He seems to be trying to run away from is teammates rather then sticking with them.

Dexter: Perhaps, but who are we to know. We just met him. Buttercup's team: 9. Bubbles' team: 14.

Bubbles: Shaddy we can help you.

Shad: I don't need any help! I'm fine!

Buttercup: Heads up Shad! *throws ball at Shad, who ducks under it* Whoa, he still has it.

Shad: Take this! *throws his ball at Buttercup, which bounces off of her and goes back to Shad, who then throws it at Otto and ricochets into 2 more teammates*

Dexter: Buttercup's team: 13. Bubbles' team: 14.

Sensei Jack: 1 minute left.

*meanwhile, in a fourth grade classroom*

Ms. Bitters: So you see kids...before the Cosmic Egg...there was NOTHING! Before the phenomenon that is the Big Bang...there was NOTHING! And those clouds floating in the blue sky. Before those...there was NOTHING!

Dib: *bored* Sheesh, when's this class over?

Gaz: *playing her Game Slave* Do I look like I care dweeb?

Dib: Hmm? *turns around, only to see an empty seat* Ms. Bitters! May I be...

Ms. Bitters: NOTHING I SAY! Before came the need for excuses, there was NOTHING!

*in a restroom*

*a green-skinned boy stands next to a stall, fiddling with a watch of some sort. After he's done, a deep male voice comes out of it*

???: You had better have a good reason to...

Zim: Yes I do! I have successfully cut the stringy ringy wires. Cutting them all snippy with their snippy sharp snips of doom. I have done it too well! For I am great! For I am ZIM!

???: Not so loud! Why I even thought of asking the Tallest for such an incom...*another voice comes out of the watch*

Gir: DONKEY!

???: Hmm. Good one Gir. I was going to say 'ass' but who knew your spouting would prove useful...to a leisure extent at the least.

Zim: So what is your plea for ME?! For I am ZIM!

???: Nothing. Just stay put until I give the signal. At that time evacuate the school and return here post-haste! *watch clicks itself shut*

Zim: HAHAHA! Soon it will be time for these humans to know the TRUE might of an Irkan mind! Especially that spooty Dib! And especially those puny Powerpuff Girls! They shall fall under our regime! We shall rain DOOM bubbles of black Irkan DOOM on their DOOMY heads! For I am ZIM! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

*back at the schoolyard*

*everyone forms a line as they go back inside the school. Yep, it was a tie*

Sensei Jack: I'll see you all tomorrow. Stay out of trouble and good-bye.

Blossom: Shad, what was with you during that game?

Buttercup: I figured that you'd win but to get us in a tie? Are you sure you're...

Shad: What's it to you?!

Dexter: Well if you just simply state a way for...

Shad: Just leave me alone!

Buttercup: We're just trying to help!

Shad: I don't *sniff* I don't need any help! *runs ahead of the line and goes inside*

Bubbles: Shaddy!

Blossom: Don't bother Bubbles. Whatever we're doing doesn't seem to be working.

Buttercup: I figured that dodgeball game would remind him of the good old days. That must be one hurt heart he has.

Sensei Jack: What?

Buttercup: It's a long story really.

Sensei Jack: Hmm. That sharp shiver down my spine when I shook his hand. It's as if this hurt that's plauging Shad must've... Girls, would you step into my dojo?

Blossom: But we'll be late for...

Sensei Jack: No no, I insist. I wish to learn more about this Shad. That ill feeling he generated...somehow it wasn't...natural.

End of Chapter 5.

Voila! Zim's here and (hopefully) in character. Try to guess who he was talking to and feel free to speculate on what their 'plan' is.Of course those who read and saw the PPGD probably knows.

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:06 pm

Tis le' awesom!

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:40 am

Thanks. I at first I was going to make it kendo practice but...hmm, perhaps I should've done that. Oh well, too late!

Added after 3 hours 56 minutes:

Chapter 6: Mystery of the explosion. After Shad moved?! Coincidence?

*school dojo 12:35PM*

*Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup sat on tatami mats as Sensei Jack handed them each a cup of tea*

Sensei Jack: So...this Shad Staydamind. He is a friend of yours?

Blossom: Well I guess you can say that.

Buttercup: But stuff happened.

Bubbles: More like one big thing if you ask me.

Sensei Jack: From what you've been telling me, there are somewhat shady things about his parents.

Blossom: I wouldn't say shady, but still strange nonetheless.

Buttercup: For starters, we KNOW Mrs. Staydamind has powers. Strong ones too. I punched her by accident last year and she just got up like she didn't even feel it!

Sensei Jack: And his father...Dimitri if I recall you saying?

Blossom: He seems normal enough, but I can't help but thinking that he has something to hide too.

Buttercup: Well there's that dream Shad had. This guy said Dimitri worked for him and stuff.

Bubbles: And that his mommy has powers, and she probably does!

Sensei Jack: And these powers...were they passed on to Shad at birth?

Blossom: Most likely so. From what the professor figured out, she only has healing and Molecular Regeneration. The professor even said that you're practically immortal with the latter ability.

Buttercup: Then top that with that accident and...well, that's the stupid part. Shad never got any powers from the Chemical X.

Bubbles: We keep trying to tell Shaddy these things but he never believed us.

Sensei Jack: Nevertheless, I do.

All 3 girls: Really?

Sensei Jack: But not entirely. There is one thing you seem to be right about. *stares at his open palm* There's something that doesn't seem right with Shad.

Bubbles: Yeah. When we moved away he felt all depr...

Sensei Jack: No. That I sensed when I saw the look in his eyes. It was when I shook his hand that I felt...something. Something filled with the utmost of dread. It was only for a second, but it felt as if...as if I'd never be happy again. But somehow, I repelled it and it just left. I highly doubt that's a healing capability.

Blossom: That never happened when we were with Shad. Wait! Come to think of it, Bubbles hasn't been entirely herself ever since we moved. A few sparks here and there but the second Shad comes to mind she looks almost as depressed as... *gasps* What if...what if...does Bubbles really like...

Buttercup: Anything wrong leader girl?

Blossom: No. *eyes the newspaper on the table* Sensei, can I take a look at that newspaper?

Sensei Jack: I see no harm in you doing so? *gives it to Blossom*

Blossom: Hey, what's this?

*the front page headline read: FREAK EXPLOSION AT SISTER CITY!! The photo below the headline shows a house in ruins, ripped from the inside out by an explosion, the fire still roaring. According to the article, the source of the explosion is still unknown. However, what has been noted is that the street where the house was just so happened to be...*

Blossom: WHAT THE?!

Buttercup: What now?

Blossom: *throws newspaper at Buttercup*

Buttercup: *reads the front paper and a bit of the article with it. Upon reading the sentence that made Blossom flip out, she spat out her tea in shock, spraying it all over the newspaper*

Sensei Jack: Hey! I ask that you do not...

Buttercup: THIS IS SHAD'S HOUSE! At least it WAS his house back in Townsville!

Sensei Jack: What?!

Bubbles: Lemme see. *takes a look, then gasps and points at another column*

Blossom: We know, it was in Tow...

Bubbles: N-n-n-no. The date. Look at the date.

Blossom: *checks the article again and sees...* NO WAY! This happened THE DAY SHAD GOT HERE!!! *shaking* Do you have ANY idea what this means?!

Buttercup: Hey, I was never too good at this stuff.

Bubbles: But who...who would want to hurt Shaddy and his parents?

Sensai Jack: So by any chance this may have been no accident. Someone wishes to bring harm to them.

Blossom: But WHO?! Wait a minute. Could this have anything to do with that kidnapping at the hospital a year ago? Wait, then why would they try to kill the one they were trying to capture? Was it someone else? Man, if only I can get some answers! We're getting nowhere! *holds head in pain*

Sensei Jack: Perhaps I should escort you 3 back to your class.

Blossom: I guess.

*as soon as Sensei Jack opens the door, a pink dog runs right in*

Bubbles: Courage!

Courage: *yapping as he always does* Arrrrrrrr......arararara.........arrrrrrrr.......*transfigures into a pair of razor-sharp scissors snipping at...well, nothing. And changes back* Arp arp arp arp!

Bubbles: *pets Courage* Sorry Courage, but we have class now. We'll play after school. *leaves the dojo*

Buttercup: Stupid dog. *follows suit*

Blossom: Hey, he's not stupid. Just...well, weird. *leaves the dojo*

Sensei Jack: Now you stay put Courage. *follows the girls out*

Courage: But that green-skinned boy! He was doing something to the alarm wiring! I saw him! *sigh* The things I do for love.

*back in the classroom*

Ms. Meryl: And so, by using any number and multiplying it with 0, the product will...

Dexter: *not writing the notes down* Blossom, where are you?

Otto: Relax, your girlfriend just had to...

Dexter: *blushes* She's NOT my girlfrie...

Ms. Meryl: Dexter! Otto!

Otto: Sorry Ms. Meryl. *to Dexter* Why aren't you writing this down?

Dexter: I swear by Asimov's fables we did this lesson already. I know it so much even I can teach it!

Otto: Whatever. Wonder what Sensei needed to talk to the girls about.

Dexter: It may have some relation to Shad. He wasn't exactly, how you say, a team player. *gazes at Shad, still all the way at the corner away from the rest of the students, scribbling the notes down in haste and his textbook standing upright, covering his face* And to think Blossom said he became more outgoing a year ago. Now back on the topic at hand, I'm more then aware of multiplication AND division.

Otto: Well Ms. Meryl's been thinking about moving you up a grade.

Dexter: Thinking? She would've done so months ago but...*blushes* I don't think that'll make a certain girl ve...

*door opens, and in comes Sensei Jack and the PPG*

Bubbles: We're back!

Blossom: Sorry we're late Ms. Meryl.

Buttercup: We just...well, *blushes* talked.

Sensei Jack: Please excuse these girls, I held them up for a bit longer then I thought. There were a few...things I needed to discuss with them.

Ms. Meryl: Okay then. See you later Sensei.

Sensei Jack: You too. *leaves the classroom*

Ms. Meryl: Take your seats girls, we're doing multiplication.

Buttercup: What!? *tries to fly out the room but Blossom grabs her by the collar as she squirms to break free* But I hate math! It's like fighting monsters without the butt-whoop! Sensei Jack! Come back! I remembered there was a few things we needed to talk about!

*Shad peers from his textbook and sees the little commotion. Surprisingly, he giggles a bit*

Blossom: What, about your little crush on him?

Buttercup: *stops squirming, then blushes*

Ms. Meryl: Yes, Buttercup. We all know, now take your seat please.

Shad: Just like...old times. *he sets the textbook in front of face and continues writing the notes*

Buttercup: *takes a seat* This is nuts. Who's the geeky ding-a-ling that invented math?!

Dexter: No one. Like a person's will to learn it's basically God's gift to the world.

Buttercup: That makes no sense!

Ms. Meryl: That's IT! *drops a 'dunce hat' on Buttercup's head* You! 10 minutes! Right corner!

Buttercup: *walks to the corner, hearing snickering amongst the students* Well at least I don't have to do math today.

Ms. Meryl: And tomorrow you'll have to get the notes for tomorrow AND today!

Buttercup: Why ME Shadowed State of Mind?! Why are you picking on me?!

Dexter: YOU SON OF A...*a loud crashing noise is made...again*

Buttercup: What did I...*out of nowhere, a bar of soap is tossed at Buttercup, lodging itself in her mouth*

End of Chapter 6.

HA! Bull's eye! Serves you right Buttercup! Now to fix this mess. Oh, and feel free to comment as usual. I'll be repairing the fourth wall...again! :angry:
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:57 am

Will Courage EVER be understood? Hehe...

Great stuff!

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:47 am

Chapter 6 complete!

Hey, I'm almost done fixing it already.

Postby Keeper » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:58 am

This one was so hilarious. lol

Keep it going dude. w00t

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:20 pm

Thank you. Don't worry, the fourth wall is fixed. Now let's hope the soap can wash off my name of Buttercup's tounge! And the next update will come soon.

Postby Keeper » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:24 pm

Can't wait. w00t

Also I've updated my fic with like 8 paragraphs. Just to let yah know. ^_^

PreviousNext

Return to Literature