SSoM's fic thread. Hidden Angels. Chapter 11 is UP! (70%)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby LinkG07 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:07 pm

Sweet, update dude... and I just noticed that their back in pokey oaks right??

Re: The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind. YES! A title! :w0

Postby Keeper » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:08 pm

Wow. Can't wait for next part. w00t

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:59 pm

AN: There! Now if something does go wrong the bulk of this will be safe. Anyway, moving on...

Mitch: You're going down first baby! *throws ball at Shad, who ducks under the ball which gets caught by Buttercup*

MM teammate 3: Huh?! Buttercup has the ball already? We're goners!

Mitch: Quit whining! *gulp* She's not that hard.

MM teammate 2: But she beat us last ti...*hit by ball* OWWIE!

Ms. Keane: MM teammate 2 is out!

Buttercup: Meh. Guess you don't remember what happened the last time.

Mitch: Well it's my turn now! Won't miss this time Shad! *throws ball at Shad, who sidesteps away from the incoming ball which gets caught by Bubbles*

Bubbles: Quit aiming for Shad.

MM teammate 1: Again? What is this?

Mitch: Grr. How'd that Shad dweeb get so good? Don't tell me he planned all of this!

Bubbles: Tee hee. Heads up! *hits MM teammate one with the ball*

Ms. Keane: MM teammate 1 is out!

Blossom: Wow. It's actually working. And we didn't even plan for this. Hmm? *noticed that Shad...did he just smile?*

Bubbles: Here Shad. You try throwing it. *gives ball to Shad. Mitch on the other hand, dosen't even bother to run*

Buttercup: Please be a good throw. Please be a good throw.

Mitch: Ooooh. So scared. Big bad Shad is gonna throw the dodgeball at us.

MM teammate 3: We're gonna lose. We're gonna lose.

Mitch and MM teammate 3: NOT!

Buttercup: Don't let them talk to you like that.

Shad: But...

Buttercup: Just throw!

*Shad throws the ball with all his might...and only manages to land at Mitch's feet*

Mitch: That's a throw?! HAHAHAHA! Man that's rich!

Shad: That's what I was trying to tell you.

Blossom: And this wouldn't have happened if you showed him how to throw it properly.

Buttercup: I get it. I'm a goofball. What more do you want?

MM teammate 3: *picks up ball* Let me show you how it's done. *bounces ball like a basketball until it goes high up, then opens his palm and smacks it right into Blossom!*

Blossom: AHH!

Bubbles: Blossom!

Ms. Keane: Blossom is out!

Blossom: *glides to the benches while rubbing her face* Should've seen that coming.

Mitch: *high-fives MM teammate 3* Now that's more like it. You're next Buttercup!

Shad: Now what?

Buttercup: Meh. That's nothing. Your throws can use some work. Just try not to get hit.

Shad: I-I-I'll try.

Buttercup: Don't try. DO! Do this and Mitch won't pick on you anymore.

Mitch: Yeah right. He can't! Watch. *throws ball fast on the ground and bounces toward Shad, but unexpectadly(sp?) hits Buttercup in the chin instead*

Buttercup: 'arn! It Hurs!

Mitch: Darn! Oh well, at least it hit Buttercup. *grabs back ball*

Ms. Keane: Buttercup is out! *bends down to Buttercup* Hold still now. Stick out your tounge. *tounge sticks out* Ooooh. You must've bit your tounge at the time the ball hit you. Not bleeding, but try not to talk for a few minutes.

Buttercup: Fi. *glides to Blossom* Upid itch.

Blossom: You're tounge itches?

Buttercup: NO! (M)ITCH! (M)ITCH!

Bubbles: With Buttercup out how can we win without my powers?

Shad: Maybe we can. It's 2 on our side and they have 2. It's the same and more fair now.

Bubbles: Really?

Shad: No. That's a guess. I don't know! Wait! I can't get so afraid now. I promised Buttercup I wouldn't. And Bubbles is worried as well. A superhero, worried? Maybe what Blossom said at naptime is true. Besides their powers they're just like us...only they can't use their powers in a game. NO! Don't get afraid!

Buttercup: If you want to stop being scared, then face whatever's scaring you even if you are afraid because that's the ONLY way you can stop being afraid. It worked for me. It worked for Blossom. It has yet to work on Bubbles. The first thing you have to do to is at least beat Mitch in dodgeball. Me and my sisters can't just make you promise to win, but at least make one promise to US that you fight back whenever someone picks on you or something.

Shad: I'll do it. I just have to get close enough. If we had more time at the handball wa...wait a minute! *turns to the handball wall* Can it...

Mitch: What's the hold up? You too much of a scardy cat to even run you chicken?

MM teammate 3: Yeah. Baukbaukbaukbauk!

Mitch: Just give me your drawings and you won't get so teas...

Ms. Keane: *blows whistle* 5 second penalty! The ball shall now be handed to the Powerpuffs+1.

Mitch: Say what!?

Bubbles: You have to do it. That's the rule.

Mitch: *grumbles and gives ball to Shad* Who cares? You'll just give it back to me...heh heh.

Shad: Who says I'm throwing it at you?

Bubbles: So I'm gonna throw it.

Shad: Nuh-uh. *whispers in Bubbles' ear*

Bubbles: Really?

Shad: Hope so. *blushes, then gulps* NOW!

*Shad holds Bubbles' hand as they run away from the Mitchmeisters(or what's left of them) as Mitch and his remaining teammate chase them down*

Mitch: Hey! What happend to the 5 second rule. You're holding it for too long!

MM teammate 3: No they're not. Look.

*upon closer inspection, Mitch notices that not only are Shad and Bubbles running side by side, they're also tossing the ball at each other, thus avoiding the penalty!*

Blossom: Whoa. Shad's a really fast learner, isn't he?

Buttercup: Why in he oo at before?

Ms. Keane: Shad. And to think you didn't want to play all this time.

Shad: Now Bubbles.

Bubbles: Gotcha! *throws the ball backwards over her head, bouncing off MM teammate 3's head*

Ms. Keane: MM teammate 3 out!

Mitch: Aw geez! *catches ball* Now I got ya!

*the three continue running away from the center field and towards the handball wall*

Bubbles: There?

Shad: Yep.

Bubbles: *struck by ball* AIEE!

Ms. Keane: Bubbles is out!

Bubbles: Good luck Shad! *glides to the benches*

Shad: *grabs the ball and continues running* Almost *pant pant* there.

Mitch: Ha! 5 more seconds and you'll have to give that ball to me. Then I'll win!

*Mitch chases Shad all the way to the other side of the playground. Shad finally stops when...*

Ms. Keane: *blows whistle* 5 second penalty!

Shad: *turns his head and finds that he's exactly where he wants to be* Yes.

Mitch: The handball wall? That's your hiding spot? Wimp! Anything else before your cruddy art is mine?

Shad: *leans against the wall* Just throw it really hard. Hope I get this right. They're not bad! Bubbles dosen't think so. Go on! Throw it!

Mitch: Fine!

*Mitch stretches his arm and puts his hand holding the ball behind him, as if about to throw a baseball. Then with all his might, he throws it fast and hard right toward Shad*

Bubbles: I can't look! *covers eyes, then partly uncovers one of then for a peek*

Buttercup: Move 'ammit! Move!

*what happened next looked as if it was going in slow motion. when the speeding ball was just about 8 inches away from Shad, he immediatly ducked right under it, causing the ball to ricochet off the wall...and right into Mitch's face!*

Mitch: GYAAAAAAAOOOOOW!!

*entire class gasps and Bubbles and Blossom clasps her hands to her mouth*

Ms. Keane: Oh...dear. The Mitchmeisters lose! The winner of this game is The Powerpuff Girls+1!

*entire class cheers as the Powerpuffs fly toward Shad*

Bubbles: You won! You won!

Buttercup: Way oo go Sha.

Shad: Ms. Keane said that the entire team won, so we all did it.

Blossom: Who cares? That was a really smart maneuver there. How'd you come up with it?

Shad: Easy. ...........................I can't remember.

*PPG fall down anime-style*

Shad: I might remember later. It just popped into my head.

Bubbles: *glomps Shad* Who cares how? You get to keep your pretty art!

Shad: *blushes* Uh. B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b...

Blossom: Great. We're losing him.

Buttercup: *notices Ms. Keane approaching* Ms. Key!

Ms. Keane: Your tounge still hurts? Anyway Shad, how was it?

Shad: .........

Ms. Keane: Bubbles. You may want to get off now.

Bubbles: Oops! *lets go of Shad*

Ms. Keane: Anyway. How did you feel?

Shad: I felt...weird. Before the game started, I was worried I'd let the Powerpuffs down and lose my drawings and stuff. But when it began, I stopped thinking about those. All I did was just play...and...

Blossom: Let me guess: You were having fun with all this weren't you? I thought I saw you smile before.

Buttercup: Aaaa I gave him a peach too. A goo one.

Ms. Keane: A peach?

Blossom: C'mon. We'll tell you when we get inside. Buttercup can use some ice there.

*and as they walk back inside*

Bubbles: Um, Shad? When you grabbed my hand before we ran...why did you turn all red.

Shad: Uh...nothing. I don't know.

Bubbles: ........Alright then. *holds Shad's hand*

Shad: *gulp* Oh boy.

End of chapter 4c! (FINALLY)
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby Bear » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:32 am

Hey, the fic is coming along good, keep it up.

As far as everyone commenting about it being in script form, they just need to learn to zone out on the "name:" and it's basically like reading anything else.

By the way, if you're looking for something along the lines of MS Word you could try Open Office Here. It has basically everything that MS Office suite has, and was developed by Sun Microsystems so it is pretty decent software (I use it all the time).

It has all the usual stuff as well (Spell checker, spreadsheets, presentations, the full deal) best of all it's free, check it out.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:28 pm

Hmm. It has a little too much if you ask me. But the spell check's fine. Thank you very much! :w00t: Chapter 5 will be up shortly.
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Postby Midori » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:26 pm

Yay i can't wait Shady keep going.XD
ImageClick it to make Rin Appear. Meltdown ImageClick it to make Miku Appear. Love is War.

Postby LinkG07 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:51 pm

Can't wait...

I see that this is getting interesting w00t

Postby Keeper » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:01 pm

Alright! More more! w00t

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:52 pm

More you say? So be it! ^_^

Chapter 5: What's his name?

*earlier today, a huge upset has occured: Shad suprised all and won a victory for his team! After the game, the students were dismissed as they made their way home. Of course, things went a little...arwy during Shad's way back home*

*the Powerpuffs fly back home whereas Bubbles' eyes are searching for someone*

Bubbles: Shad! Where are you?

Blossom: We saw him a little while ago. How'd he get away?

Buttercup: There's too many kids around. If he put on those dopy glasses of his on it'd be alot...

Bubbles: Found him! *spots Shad running away from Pokey Okes as he walks across the street to the other block*

Blossom: Shad! Up here!

Shad: *looks up* Huh?

*the PPG fly lower and lands right beside Shad*

Shad: Hi. Are you going home now?

Blossom: Of course. We just came to walk you home as well.

Buttercup: Guess it's the least we can do for you seeing as you did one heck of a job back there.

Shad: Yeah...where's Bubbles?

Buttercup: Where do you think?

*Shad turns around and sees...you guessed it: big large blue eyes*

Bubbles: BOO!

Shad: Waugh!

Bubbles: *giggles* You're funny Shad.

Shad: No I'm not.

Blossom: Where do you live Shad?

Shad: You mean you don't know?

Buttercup: What's that supposed to mean?

Shad: Well...ca...can you lift me in the air first?

Buttercup: Fine. I do owe you one...

Bubbles: Allow me! *grabs Shad's hand and carries him up in the air*

Shad: S-s-s-s-s-so high.

Bubbles: You're scared of heights?

Shad: I don't know. This is my first time seeing Townsville from this high up. And that sunset... :ogle:

Bubbles: Want to go for a ride?

Shad: Ye...NO! I have to show you my house first. Right...*points northeast* there! My house is that away. And can you please fly just a tiny bit slower? This is my first time.

Bubbles: Okay. Let me know when to stop. Blossom! Buttercup! Follow me. *darts in northeast direction*

Blossom and Buttercup: Wait for us! *flies behind Bubbles*

*the Powerpuffs fly through the southern part of the suburbs, occasionally waving to the nearby townsfolk as they go by. Eventually they land at Shad's front door, which had a very strange looking doorbell button...with holes in it? And hinges at the sides?*

Buttercup: Call me crazy, but this street looks a little familiar.

Blossom: How so?

Shad: You mean you don't see it? *points to the other side of the street, at a familiar looking white house with 3 circle windows at the top*

Bubbles: :shock: We...we've been living right across from you all this time?

Blossom: Why didn't you say anything?

Shad: I thought you knew.

Buttercup: How can we know if we never saw you come out of this house?

Shad: I think it's because I leave a little earlier then you.

Bubbles: But we're kindergardeners. We don't have to wake up that early...do we?

Shad: Um...wanna come inside?

Blossom: Don't you parents usually...wait, what?

Shad: I said do you want to come inside?

Blossom: Where'd that come from? One second he's saying we live across the street from him and now he's letting us in? Okay, but not too long. We have to go home ourselves.

Buttercup: Aw don't worry about it. We live right across the street.

Shad: Um...this might look a little weird but...don't wig out.

Bubbles: Wig out? About what?

*Shad detatches his Bubbles plushie/keychain from his back and inserted the key...in the doorbell. There was no click, but what sounded like a humming sound. Shad then took out his key and the doorbell opened up, revealing a round crystal-transparent circle*

Buttercup: *whispers* What the heck is all this?

Blossom: *whispers* Looks like something out of a sci-fi movie.

*Shad took off his glasses and peered one eye close to the circle. What followed next was a tiny wide laser moving over his eye, then shutting down. The doorbell then concealed(sp?) the crystal circle, locking itself into place. Then what happened next...*

???: Key scan confirmed. Retina scan confirmed. Identity: Shad Staydamind. You may enter. *door opens*

Blossom: What the?!

Bubbles: Cool. I mean, huh?

Shad: It's fine. Come in. *all walk inside*

Buttercup: Are your parents super spies?

Shad: No. My mommy is a nurse and daddy is a teacher at a university. He made that thing you saw back there for safety.

Blossom: The living room's big. The look of the house from outside made it seem small.

Shad: I guess. Want to see my room?

Bubbles: Sure! *all walk up what appears to be a spiral staircase. They enter Shad's room, the door colored silver*

*the walls are painted a pale grey. At the front is a slightly large bed that can fit 4 people of Shad's size, where at the right are 2 rectangular windows covered by white curtains. To the left is a closet, whereas right next to it lies a small bookshelf with almost lifesize (lifesize meaning Powerpuff size) plushies of Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup at the top. Next to the bed is a drawer containing Shad's clothes, and a frame containing a picture at the top along with a lamp*

Buttercup: Why grey?

Blossom: You know, this room looks a little bit like ours.

Shad: It's nothing. The bookshelf was my mommy's idea...

Bubbles: Oh. Who's that in the picture? *glides over to the dresser*

Shad: Don't touch that! *grabs picture frame* It's me and my parents.

Shad: The one carrying me is my daddy, Dimitri. The lady is my mommy, Claire.

Bubbles: Aww, you're so cute in that picture.

Buttercup: You're almost smaller then us at that age.

Blossom: *looks a bit closly at the man in the labcoat* What's his name?

Shad: His name is Dimit...

Blossom: Not your dad. The one in the labcoat.

Shad: ...............................I don't remember. All I do know is that his name starts with a C and he and some other science guy (I think he's his brother or cousin or something) did stuff with something...dangerous, I think. I asked my daddy sometimes but he says he dosen't want to talk about it. He looks a little sad when I ask him. He won't even tell me what happened to the scientist. He visited here sometimes but not anymore.

Blossom: Dangerous stuff? What could that be?

Buttercup: *looks out the window and sees the professor's car coming* Hey leader girl! The professor's back.

Blossom: Oh. Uh...thanks for letting us in and everything. Bye. C'mon girls. *Powerpuffs leave Shad's house*

Shad: .........Bye.

End of Chapter 5.

Heh heh. Just a little heads up: The words in bold happen to be references to a certain famed writer's trilogy. *coughBlack&WhiteandLifelines* *coughSirGriddlescough* Also, they're not just references...they may be a little hint of things to come. Feel free to guess and speculate.

Heheh. Wait till Griddles sees this.
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Keeper » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:00 pm

Hope he gets to see it then.^^

Wow you sure like Bubbles. ;)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:40 pm

Actually, Shad likes Bubbles. Then again, so do I.

As for the stuff in bold, I suggest you take a closer look at those. And the parts where I "cough" at. They're not just references you know.

Of course if you did read those fics you probably already know.

Postby Keeper » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:46 pm

Yah. That happens to be Bell's *cough*father's*cough*true*cough*name*cough* ;)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:52 pm

Bingo! Now let's see if the others get it. Chapter 6 coming soon. We're getting closer to the "accident" scene.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:41 pm

Chapter 6: He's a spy!

*Time: 5:24PM. Place: Powerpuff Girls suburban home. Yep, it's dinnertime in Townsville. And boy oh boy is the professor in for a suprise. 3...2...1...*

*cue Professor Utonium spitting out orange juice in shock after hearing what Blossom said about Shad's house*

Professor Utonium: *cough cough cough* Okay...first things first. What was it you girls saw again?

Buttercup: We were just taking Shad home.

Blossom: We got to his front door.

Bubbles: He's a spy!

Blossom: No he's not! There was this doorbell that wasn't a doorbell but was actually some sort of keyhole. Did I mention Shad's key looks a little weird? It has no teeth on either side. Anyway, he put it in the 'doorbell' and there was this humming sound. Then the 'doorbell' slided away to show some glass circle thing. Shad peeked his eye in it and some computer-ish voice from nowhere spoke and the door opened by itself.

Buttercup: Long story short: The whole thing looked like it came out of a sci-fi movie. And this Dimitri guy made it!

Bubbles: But why all that? They can just put a lock or something.

Professor Utonium: Very strange indeed. There might be a reason for that much security for just a house provided that there was still much crime before I made you girls. But eye scanners? Did Shad say what his parents do?

Blossom: His dad's a teacher at Townsville University. And his mom's a nurse.

Buttercup: You should see his house. We didn't see much of it but there's a spiral staircase and his room's just as big as ours.

Professor Utonium: Were his parents home at the time?

Bubbles: No. We didn't stay long because we thought we'd get in trouble if we went to Shad's house without asking you first.

Blossom: What I don't get is why did he just invite us in like that?

Professor Utonium: You did say that Shad liked you all but was too shy to even talk to you until that whole dodgeball fiesco. Probably let you all in to repay you for you helping him.

Bubbles: But what if Shad gets in trouble? His parents are probably home right now.

*meanwhile, at Shad's house across the street*

Claire: You...you...*looking slightly frazzled*

Shad: Mommy they didn't stay here that long. I just showed them my room...*interuppted by very tight hug*

Claire: You finally made friends! Oh I'm so proud of you Shad. See, the Powerpuffs aren't so hard at all. Apart from their powers they're just like you and me. *lets go of Shad as he lightly gasps for air* Well, more like you children anyway.

Shad: Blossom said the same thing. That sort of made me feel a little better. Where's daddy?

Claire: He's probably still at the university lab. He normally stays there pretty late doing who-knows-what.

*meanwhile, at the university lab downtown*

*a man with black hair similar to Shad's mixes 2 chemicals together, resulting in a light POP sound. Behind him is another man unloading glass beakers containing a black liquid into a closet*

Dimitri: Still nothing. Textbooks really don't lie. Hey Robert, weren't you going to deposit those tonight?

Robert: Naa. By the time I'm done it'll be pitch black out there. Black as this powerful stuff here.

Dimitri: You are aware that's too unstable to keep here. The folks at Department 42 will know what to do with it. I'm turning in now.

*Dimitri packs up, takes his coat and leaves. When Robert is all alone however, he takes out a black cell phone and speed dials a number*

???: Everything going to plan?

Robert: Yes Dr. Brisbane. Although there might be a slight delay due to the security at nighttime. I should get it to you tomorrow. Global Defenders Agent Robert out. *hangs up cell phone* At least I hope it'll be tomorrow.

*at the Powerpuff suburban home after dinner, the girls retreat to their room. Bubbles is drawing, Buttercup is punching her punching bag, and Blossom is just lying on the bed, thinking*

Blossom: I guess I should've told the professor what I saw. That guy in Shad's picture...he looks a little like him. Minus the wrinkles on his forehead that is. And what's with that security system? Is there something in there that Dimitri and Claire dosen't want anyone to see...or know? Hmm. We might have to pay another little visit sometime. There's a bunch of techie locks to keep unwanted people out and Shad just lets us in? I know we're superheroes and all...but still...why go that far just to keep out intruders?

End of Chapter 6.

Anyone know who Dr. Brisbane is? And the 'black 'liquid' in the university lab?

Postby LinkG07 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:06 pm

??? hmmm, a compelling character... wonder who he/she is??

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:57 am

:shock: Uhh...Robert mentions who ??? is. You know, Dr. Brisbane. He's in your fic. The whole Global Defenders thing in your fic gave me a few ideas. I bolded his name for a reason. And if the Global Defenders are in this, then who knows? Perhaps the Rowdyruffs will show up! ^_^ Of course I'm sure you know what the 'black liquid' is. Chapter 7 coming soon.

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:48 pm

Need chapter 7!!
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Re: The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind. :w00t:

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:10 pm

Chapter 7: From Shady with love. :love:

*It's been one week since Shad's little dodgeball victory. And that one week brought him just a wee bit closer to the PPGs. He gave his thanks by allowing him a short visit to his strangely over-secured house. And yet, he wishes he can do something more to thank each of them*

*mock spelling bee at Pokey Okes Kindergarden*

Ms. Keane: Spell 'Right.'

Buttercup: Uh...W-r-i-t-e.

Ms. Keane: Wrong. It's R-i-g-h-t.

Blossom: It's words like those you're supposed to ask for sentences.

Buttercup: Well soooooorry Ms. I-won-the-spelling-bee-every-month-since-May.

Shad: She's just trying to help. Like "I before E" and I forgot the rest.

Ms. Keane: Bubbles. Spell 'Tie.'

Bubbles: T-i-e. Tie!

Ms. Keane: Correct!

Bubbles: Thank you Shad.

Shad: What did I do?

Bubbles: *giggles* You're silly.

Blossom: You can be a bit out there Shad.

Buttercup: Meh. He's been like that ever since he starting sitting with us.

Ms. Keane: Wrong.

Mitch: What?! 'Neighbor' is to hard to spell!

Blossom: Poor Mitch. He never got the hang of long words.

Shad: *abruptly stands up* I remember! It's I before E except after C except when said 'ay' as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh'.

Mitch: *mutters* Nerd.

Ms. Keane: Very good Shad. Your turn. Spell 'weigh'.

Shad: Huh? W-e-i-g-h. Weigh.

Ms. Keane: Good for you Shad. I see you're not stuttering anymore.

Shad: I was stuttering?

Ms. Keane: :unsure: Wow. It's as if he doesn't even remember being the shy little boy at the corner. Or maybe it's the heat. Summer is getting closer.

*at recess, everyone played while Shad was writing something*

Shad: Hmm. I wonder if daddy will let me invite the Powerpuffs again. He wasn't too mad because they're superheroes, but he told me to wait for him first. I thought that would be a way of thanking them, but maybe I should give them something. But...*looks inside his bag where a little stuffed doll lies with his neatly lined up books*

Shad: I only have a gift for Bubbles.

???: A gift for who?

*Shad turns and...okay, I'm not even going to finish the rest. We've seen this gag a lot*

Bubbles: What's in there?

Shad: *panics* Nothing! *zips up bag*

Bubbles: Oh. That 'I before E' thingy. How did you know that?

Shad: My daddy told me. One time I was having trouble with my vocabulary. Then he told me some rhyme that he kept saying over and over and over again until I remembered. I before E except after C except when said 'ay' as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh'.

Bubbles: It helped he too.

Shad: Did your daddy say it?

Bubbles: No! You said it during class.

Shad: Oh...OH! That time. I didn't know I helped you. How much do you help people without your powers?

Bubbles: Huh?

Shad: It's...*gulp*...you and your sisters helped me without your powers. I was too afraid to come near any of you before because I thought I wouldn't be good enough without powers. Instead you did...um...opposite, that's the word. You taught me that I should just do what I'm set to do, with nothing holding me back. In fact, you're the reason why I'm seated next to you now. Blossom showed me that just because you're superheroes with powers doesn't mean you can't be normal by making friends with normal people. And Buttercup taught me that just because I'm afraid of something doesn't mean I should be afraid to face that something. I wanted to do something at first as a thank you gift, but I figured I can just give you all something.

Bubbles: You don't have to do that. You let us visit your house. And Ms. Keane said that's something you wouldn't do if we hadn't helped you, let alone be friends with us. When we dropped you off, we would've just left, but instead you asked us all by yourself.

Shad: *blushes* Oh, there it goes again. Maybe I should give it to her now. *his hand creeps to the bag as he slowly unzips it* Bubbles...can you close your ey...*school bell rings*

Ms. Keane: Recess is over! Everyone back inside.

Shad: Huh? Already? *Blossom and Buttercup arrive to get Bubbles*

Blossom: C'mon Bubbles. It's going to be storytime soon.

Shad: Why did it feel like recess is over fast?

Buttercup: Recess always ends fast. Whatcha got there Shad?

Shad: Got what? *sees that his hand is already inside his bag* Oh! Nothing. *nervous laugh* Nothing at all.

Bubbles: But didn't you say you had gi...

Shad: NO! Nothing. Just books! *waving arms around in a nervous motion, not knowing that one of his arms is holding the cat plushie*

Blossom: What's that?

Shad: What's wh...*sees hand holding plushie/gift for Bubbles* WHA! It's not...nothing! It's a trick! Don't look at the trick! Don't look at the trick! Don't look at the trick!

Buttercup: For the love of...what's going on here?

Blossom: And what were you two doing on the bench all recess anyway?

Bubbles: Shad?

Shad: .......................*puts plushie on Bubbles' lap* It's a present. A thank you gift.

Bubbles: *gasp* It's...what is it?

Shad: *blushes* It's called Nekoconeko. I bought it on a weekend the day after the dodgeball game. After you left my house my mommy came home. I told her that I let you all inside. I thought she'd be mad because she worries about me a lot but instead she was...happy. She said it didn't matter if my friends are superheroes and everything. All that was important is that I shouldn't 'go to the extremes' (whatever that means :unsure: ) to stay as your friend. That your powers didn't make you superheroes, they just made you different. It was the way you used your powers that made you superheroes. All that time I was nervous and almost scared when I became your class partner. But when Blos...I mean mommy told me all these things, it made me feel a lot better. So instead of worrying about getting a big gift, I remembered that you liked plushies. I got you that Nekoconeko with half of my allowance. Do you like it?

Buttercup: *mutters* Finally he's done.

Bubbles: It's SOOOOO CUTE!! *glomps Shad* Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Blossom: Isn't it sweet? From Shady with Love.

Bubbles: That's it. Can I call you Shady? Pleeeeeease?

Shad: *squeaking* Yes...just stop...trying to...break me...in half.

Bubbles: Deal! *lets go as Shad catches his breath* Sometimes I don't know how strong I hug someone.

Buttercup: Hey Shad. You said you got gifts for all of us. What do I get?

Blossom: I'm curious as to what I get as well.

Shad: Uh-oh. I was only going to give a gift to Bubbles today. I don't have any... *sound of a whistle blowing. Shad turns to see Ms. Keane in the distance with the rest of the students lined up*

Ms. Keane: Blossom! Bubbles! Buttercup! Shad! Time to come inside!

Shad: *talking really fast* Lookie there Ms. Keane is calling us time for storytime you like the ugly duckling I do let's go hope you like your gift Bubbles let's go go GO! *grabs Bubbles's hand and runs like the wind*

Buttercup: Get back here! What's my present?

Blossom: Yep, it's official. He really like Bubbles. ;)

*meanwhile, at the teacher's lounge of Townsville University*

*Professor Robert is currently the only one in the lounge, grading test after test*

Robert: Honestly, some students should really have...*cell phone rings, picked up* Hello.

Dr. Brisbane: I'm waiting.

Robert: Waiting for what sir?

Mr. Brisbane: Waiting for an excuse on why you haven't made your little delivery!

Robert: Look, I've been held up by a lot okay! If I knew it was hard work being a professor I would've never posed as one. But since this is the place where IT is being stored, I didn't have much choice in terms of a fake occupation. Can't you just send them to...

Dr. Brisbane: Absolutly not! This is supposed to be an inside job without any casualties! You're the one who volunteered for this and you will get it done! You have 2 days...that's all I'm giving you to get IT here at HQ at any cost. Otherwise you will be TERMINATED! *hangs up*

*elsewhere, at an undisclosed location*

*a large room with pristine white tiles and walls. A glass ceiling contained several hundreds of lightbulbs accomidated for any color at any dim level. At each side of the room, left and right, are several computers linked to sci-fi-esque weapons (guns, tasers, laser swords, you name it) operated by scientists. All the way at the front of the roon is what appeared to be a supercomputer equipped with a gigantic monitor. In front of said monitor, 2 figures: One, which appeared to a red weasel in a white labcoat, and another, much taller figure donning a grey suit, black tie, rectangle glasses and brown hair*

Dr. Brisbaine: *frustrated sigh* A week's delay. A one whole week delay. Is it really that hard for agent Robert Denstin to steal away a substance few people can understand from a simple university?

Weasel: I suspect that someone may be on to him. After all, HE is a professor there as well.

Dr. Brisbaine: Yes. It's a shame he left us and his...friend, mysteriously disappearing. Tracking his whereabouts for years on end and not much clues on his little hiding spot. Could've he been that stunned when his little cousin created a trio of the greatest heroes the world has seen yet? Not for long. For now we only have 3 of our own that rival those heroines in power, but once our troops are augmented with THAT it won't make much of a difference. Our little university professor didn't really choose a good hiding place. If Robert doesn't fail this time...and he had better not...then we'll have all we need. All we need...for our grand superarmy.

End of Chapter 7.

Behold! My first ever Shad/Bubbles fic! Amongst other things of course. Pay attention to the stuff in bold now for they all contain both references to a few familiar characters (provided you've read Sir Griddles' fics here that is) and possibly a hint of things to come...maybe. Except for the first one. Nekoconeko is from Azumanga Daioh. Whether the plushie actually exists in real life...not so sure. Now I'm sleepy. It's 11PM here in US. Good night everybody.

Postby Keeper » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:27 pm

Night dude.^^
Great update. Can't wait for the next. :snoogins:

Postby Bear » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:41 pm

Going good, keep it up man!
Free Download, Free 14 Day (No CC Required) Trial.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:43 pm

Chapter 8: Isn't it the *yawns* that counts? :zzz:

*one day has passed since Shad began to shower gifts upon our little heroes. Things got a little shaky when his surprise present for Bubbles (he purposely forgot to bring gifts for Buttercup and Blossom) turned into suspicions of possible "crush" for the girl...as if we didn't already know that! lol*

*Powerpuff suburban home. (their room) 7:42PM*

Bubbles: Maybe here. No! Here is good. Wait it's a looks a little crooked. *constantly deciding where to put her Nekoconeko plushie among her already large pile of plushies*

Buttercup: *doing her homework* She's been doing that for 15 minutes now. How long does it take to put up one stupid stuffed cat somewhere?

Blossom: Bubbles is just putting it where it fits in the most. She does that a lot. Besides, it's from Shad and since he's our friend and all it should be in a special place. Admit it. That Neko whatever it's called does look kinda cute.

Buttercup: Of course it does. Sickingly cute that is. Hope Shad has my gift ready.

*meanwhile, at Shad's house*

*Shad sits on his desk next to a sewing machine, trying to figure out how it works. On his lap are 2 long strands of green cloth**

Shad: Okay...mommy said to flick this switch...*flicks the "on" switch and the needles start moving* AH! Oh. It's supposed to do that. What to do next? *reads the instruction manual* I'm supposed to slowly move this cloth back and forth under the needle. *puts one small metal cap over each finger, just to be safe* Here goes. *starts processing the cloth under the needles for 10 minutes until Claire comes inside*

Claire: Look who's busy already. Weren't we going to do this toge...*notices Shad working the sewing machine, then gasps* Oh my...Shad! You know how to use it already?!

Shad: I saw the manual. It feels like I'm doing this forever. This is boring.

Claire: Bored? *walks up to Shad* Who was it that realized that he forgot to give thank you gifts for Blossom and Buttercup? Although it is rather fishy that you bought one for Bubbles on your own. Are you in lo...

Shad: *blushes* Mommy I just forgot! *shoves cloth through the needle so hard they rip the cloth apart into several lengthy, uneven pieces* Waugh! Off switch! Off switch! *so scared that he waves his arms about until they slam into the sewing machine, knocking it off the desk and on the ground*

Claire: Oh dear. Are you alright Shad? *picks Shad up*

Shad: It's gone.

Claire: I wouldn't say gone. Broken almost beyond repair from the inside, yes. Gone, not really.

Shad: But the cloth...it's ruined.

Claire: Hey. I've been sewing for a long time and if there's anything I've learned from years of stitching up large cuts, it's that cloth has many uses in any form. *puts Shad down* Now please clean up and I'll show you just what I mean.

Shad: ................You can sew cuts?! :shock:

*the next day, at Pokey Okes Kindergarden 11:23AM, it's art time again. This time it's painting*

Blossom: Can you pass the red Shad...Shad?

*while everyone else is painting, Shad has sleeping sleeping through most of the classes*

Bubbles: Why's he sleeping?

Buttercup: I got this. *slaps Shad*

Shad: *head bolts up* Thread's ready mommy!

Blossom: You okay Shad? It looks like you didn't get any sleep at all.

Shad: Just *yawn* gift for Buttercup.

Buttercup: About time! What is it?

Shad: *still dazed* It's a really good *head thuds on desk*

Bubbles: Don't worry Buttercup. Just wait until recess. He's sure to be up and running then.

*at recess*

Bubbles: What do you mean Shady can't be up and running again?

Ms. Keane: His mom just called and said he had a late night. He's napping inside this recess.

Blossom: He wasn't up all night because of a gift for Buttercup was he?

Ms. Keane: Yes. He could've let his mom finish the rest but he refused, saying it's his gift to make. The part where he stayed aware for too long is where he overdid it. Shad wants to give it to her but it's as if merely thinking of it causes him to feel drowsy. It's best if you all let him present it on his own. After all, he made this one.

Buttercup: Made? As in he didn't buy it or anything?

Ms. Keane: Of course he got help from his mom.

Bubbles: Mom? Oh yeah, the nurse!

Ms. Keane: Run along now. Shad still needs to rest up.

*during naptime, Shad's snoring kept everyone awake. At storytime, Shad's senseless sleep-babble interrupted Ms. Keane. And at math and reading, Shad's chronic nightmares made everyone lose concentration*

Buttercup: That's it! How long is it gonna be until he's rested?! All he did was keep us awake, made Ms. Keane cancel storytime and his nightmare yelling gave me a headache!

Blossom: Just wait another 10 minutes and we'll be dismissed. Just be glad Shad's mom is going to pick him up early.

Bubbles: But he has to wake up. Shad? Hello? Shady-waddy? Wake up please!!

Shad: *head bolts upright* I before E except after C!

Buttercup: You feeling better now? Wanna give me a little something?

Shad: *yawns* Mommy? Is it done yet?

Blossom: Don't worry Shad she'll be here soon.

Bubbles: I wonder...Shad you mom's here.

Shad: Mommy! Where?!

Buttercup: This is getting nowhere. How'll we be able to snap him out of it?

Blossom: I know. I saw this on TV once. *takes out pencil and waves it back and forth* Shad Staydamind. This is your mommy speaking.

Buttercup: Mind control? How's that gonn...

Shad: Hello mommy.

Bubbles: It worked!

Blossom: Do you have Buttercup's gift with you?

Shad: *yawn* Sure. It's in my bag at the cube holes.

Blossom: Good boy. I need you to take it out and show it to her.

Shad: Now?

Blossom: Now.

Shad: Right now?

Blossom: Right now.

Shad: Get it right now?

Blossom: Get it right now.

Buttercup: Alright this is taking too long! *grabs pencil from Blossom* Yes, Shad! I need you to get the gift from your bookbag RIGHT NOW!

*Shad stands up and zips toward the cube holes...albeit crashing into almost every chair in his path along the way. He gets the bag and makes his way back to his table...once again stumbling into every chair in the classroom*

Bubbles: You okay Shady?

Shad: Never *snores and yawns* better.

Blossom: Poor Shad.

Buttercup: Now open the bag and take out the gift.

Shad: *unzips the bag and takes it out* Here.

*what was shown appeared to be a long piece of green cloth made entirely out of cotton*

Buttercup: Th....wh...what is it?! o.O

Shad: *snores* For you Buttercup.

Buttercup: We're you asleep making this...whatever it is?

Shad: It's the *yawn* thought that counts. It's a banana. You put it on your head.

Blossom: I think he means bandanna. Try tying it on your head.

Buttercup: How? It's too long!

Shad: Wait. *hands flop around the table, as if searching for something*

Bubbles: Ooh. I know! *gives scissors to Shad*

Shad: *yawns* Thank you Bubbles. *tries to cut the oversized bandanna but nearly swipes off his finger every time*

Bubbles: *takes back scissors* Let me do it. *cuts the left and right sides of the bandanna* Now try it.

Buttercup: *puts of bandanna* Cool! It fits now.

Shad: Leftover...wristbands? You want? *snores*

Blossom: Yeah. Buttercup give me you hand for a moment. *ties leftover cloth around Buttercup's wrists*

Buttercup: Alright! Headbands! For a moment there I though you...*knock on door*

Ms. Keane: That must be her now. *opens door*

Claire: Shad? It's time to go sweetie.

Shad: *fast asleep*

Blossom: Shad your mommy's here now.

Buttercup: Aww and I was going to thank him too.

Claire: Hmm? *eyes on Buttercup's bandanna and wristbands* So he was able to give them to you.

Buttercup: Yeah. Do I look cool or what? *poses*

Claire: You look more cute then cool. So you like them? Shad almost stayed up the entire night making them.

Blossom: But wouldn't a sewing machine be faster.

Ms. Keane: Funny story. Claire here explained over the phone that he sort of made an error on that and broke it by accident. So they went with plan B.

Claire: Plan B. *takes out a sewing needle and strings of thread* The hand.

Blossom: Ouch. That must hurt the hands real bad.

Claire: A little. I had so much experience with this that I've developed a sewing finger. *pokes needle on the hand and bounces off*

Buttercup: Whoa! It's as if your finger's made of rubber or something.

Claire: Not really. I'm just so used to it that it doesn't hurt. Anyway, I really need to take Shad home. Needs his rest. *picks up the sleeping Shad* Good bye now. Nice meeting you, Powerpuff Girls. *exits the school*

Bubbles: Hope he'll be alright.

Blossom: He just needs lots of sleep that's all.

Buttercup: He better! It was a pain getting him to give me my gift. Still, he did a good job with these. Maybe I'll wear them on crime-fighting patrols sometime. Hard to believe he did this all by himself though. His mom probably did most of the work.

Bubbles: I wonder what Shady will give you Blossom.

Blossom: Doesn't really matter. Just as long as it doesn't involve staying up the entire night.

Ms. Keane: Okay class, let's see what you've done on your word problems.

Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup: *realizes that they spent so much time trying to wake up Shad they didn't do any math work* Uh-oh.

*meanwhile, at the parking lot of Townsville University*

*Robert is loading large beakers containing the black substance inside the back of his van*

Robert: Good. Just 3 more and I can finally get Dr. Brisbaine off my back. *calls Dr. Brisbaine*

Dr. Brisbaine: Is had better be good news Robert.

Robert: It is. I just smuggled a little something you've been needing. *points the cell phone at the cargo (i.e. beakers with black liquid) and presses the center button* I'm sure this'll be enough.

Dr. Brisbaine: Excellent. Is that all of them?

Robert: Actually, there's 3 of them left inside...

Dr. Brisbaine: Fool! You were supposed to get ALL of them!

Robert: Look, I'm trying to get them all, but there's barely enought room in the vehicle! Any more and the stuff will topple through the back doors and splatter all over the streets! And as far as we know this stuff may be the last ones in the world. You told me yourself that guy's cousin disposed the rest of it so it won't fall into the wrong hands. The other guy who used to work with us ran off after some sort of accident involving that chemical did something to him. And then there's Dr. St...

Dr. Brisbaine: ENOUGH! I don't need the history lesson thank you very much. If there isn't any room in the back, then make room! As I said before, you are to get THAT back to HQ by any means necessary! You have one more day to get IT here. You're very close, so don't sabatoge the plan! Brisbaine out! *communication disconnected*

Robert: Fine. Any means necessary? If this stuff splatters, it ain't my fault then. Still...what the heck happened 3 years ago? None of the higher-ups at HQ don't want to talk about it. Meh, probably just a silly myth.

End of Chapter 8.

Look at the bold. Oh, and stay tuned for Chapter 9. Sorry if I'm slightly late. This would've been posted yesterday but I visited my cousins then. And sorry if Shad's excuse for not giving Buttercup her present sooner was because he was tired beyond belief. If it weren't for the scene at Townsville University this chapter would've been plain filler. :P

Added after 11 hours 1 minutes:

Chapter 9: Unforeseen accident.

*Shad's house 4:12PM. Shad is wide awake and no longer sleep-deprived as he browses a toy catalog*

Shad: Yeah. This one is good. *stares at a picture of a yo-yo* It lights up and you can change it's skin. I didn't know yo-yos had skin.

???: Yo-yos have skin?

*Shad turns...forget it. You all know what he sees*

Bubbles: You get scared easy.

Buttercup: Would you stop doing that? She does that to you every single day.

Shad: How did you get in?

Buttercup: Your mom let us in. Blossom thought it'd be a good idea to check on you and stuff.

Bubbles: You were talking about yo-yos. Is that going to be Blossom's gift?

Shad: I think so. I'm going to buy a gift this time. Making stuff is too much work...and it takes too long.

Buttercup: Psh. Got that right.

Shad: Where's Blossom?

Bubbles: She's in the kitchen with Claire. I think she said she had questions for her. Maybe it's about that sewing finger.

*in the kitchen*

Claire: It's just a security measure. Really.

Blossom: I know that. What I want to know is why all that stuff is there for just one family. If it was in some other place like Area 51 or the military it'd make sense, but why would Mr. Staydamind go that far? And where did he get the stuff to create it?

Claire: He got it from...a friend of his. He was a brilliant scientist. Pretty good with technology. Helped create the security system. Even used to visit here every now and then.

Blossom: Shad says he doesn't visit here anymore. Why is that? Oh, and does this scientist happen to have wrinkles on his forehead and a labcoat that has the letter X on the left side?

Claire: How did you...you probably saw Shad's picture. He really likes it. It's one of the few photos of him where he has a smile on his face. He wanted to be happy, but was far too timid to look for friends. That is, until your sister intervined.

Blossom: You mean Bubbles? Yeah, she has a habit of doing that kind of stuff. Speaking of...Wait a minute. Did she just change the subject? I was about to ask her what the scientist's name is.

Claire: Yes?

Blossom: Sorry, got a little off topic. As I was going to say before, what's the scientist's name?

Claire: Why is that?

Blossom: This might sound a bit weird, but when I saw that photo, I noticed that he looked a little like someone I know.

Claire: You mean your creator: Professor Utonium? *surprised, then clasps hands to her mouth* Oh dear...

Blossom: *gasp* YES! He looked like the professor. Now what's his...

Claire: Blossom, please forget I said that. As far as Dimitri would allow I said too much already!

Blossom: I was just curious...

Claire: Forget I said that! *talks really fast* Now I think it's time you and your sisters leave for the day. Shad hasn't fully recovered yet and he'll give you your present tomorrow on Friday. It's getting dark early now that daylight saving time is over and it's best if you go now hope you had a good day do your homework I'll get your sisters in a moment okay bye now!

*later, at the living room of the Powerpuff household 4:15PM*

Blossom: At least we know where Shad gets his habit of talking fast from.

Buttercup: Blossom what did you do? First Claire lets us in and now she just ushers us out all frazzled looking.

Bubbles: Aha! I knew it. She is a spy isn't she?

Blossom: No! I was just asking her a few...questions.

Buttercup: What kind of questions?

Blossom: You know. About that guy in the picture frame. A familiar-looking guy.

Bubbles: Huh?

Blossom: Oh for the love of...! *tells Bubbles and Buttercup what she asked Claire*

Buttercup: That scientist in Shad's picture that looks like the professor only a little bit older looking? Didn't look much like him to me.

Bubbles: But why did you ask Claire about the eye scanner thingy? It's to keep criminals out and that's a good thing.

Blossom: Maybe, but didn't either of you even think why something like that is in a regular house? And it's not like Shad's parents are CIA agents or anything. A nurse and a teacher at a university. Normal people with high-tech locks you'd only find at Area 51. Not even the professor's lab has something like that and he really doesn't like it when we, or anyone for that matter, goes in his lab. It doesn't added up.

Buttercup: Here's what doesn't add up: You ask what the scientist's name is and she freaks out. Then when she just says she looks like the professor without even letting you say so even though she never even met him only it turns out that she said that by accident, freaks out even more and kicks you out. What's she trying to hide?

Bubbles: And I remember Shad saying a few days ago that even though Claire wasn't too mad that he let us in his house in the first place, his dad Dimitri wasn't too happy about it. Maybe...I got it! He's a super spy and his wife doesn't know about it but Shad does and he can't let anyone inside the house or else his secret gadget room will be found and he won't be a super spy any more!

Blossom and Buttercup: :ogle:

Blossom: Let's just stop thinking about all this and just get our homework done.

Buttercup: Whatever. The more we do the less we have on summer vacation.

*the next day, 8:09AM. The Powerpuff Girls and Shad are walking together to school. Well, normally they fly, but Shad can't fly. :P*

Shad: Guess what Blossom?

Blossom: What?

Shad: I have your gift today. My mommy took me to the toy store yesterday. I had to use the rest of my allowance though. Why did you leave so early yesterday?

Blossom: *stops walking* Shad...exactly how much do you remember about that guy in the labcoat?

Shad: Almost nothing. He came to my house to say hi and check on all the locks but he stopped for some reason. He didn't even call. And my daddy kept telling me to forget about it and not ask about him. Oh, and he worked with some other science guy with dangerous stuff...I think I knew before but I forgot. And why did you all leave...

Buttercup: Look, your parents are hiding something alright!

Bubbles: Didn't you say that the man he worked with on whatever the stuff with...um...you said he was his brother.

Shad: Or his cousin. I said from before that I don't remember. Why are you asking me again?

Blossom: When I saw those locks I got this weird feeling. That something of that type wouldn't be protecting your home unless there's something in there that your parents, most likely your dad, don't want anyone...not even us...to see. And from the look on Claire's face as soon as I asked her why the guy in your picture just stopped visiting...as if he vanished...it's as if she wanted to tell me but there was something holding her back...as if part of her doesn't want to let us of all people to know the truth.

Shad: What is the truth?

Blossom: This is probably a bit crazy, but I think he's...*hears a scream from deep into the city of Townsville, followed by a loud rumbling noice that shook all over Townsville...even the suburbs! Then they see Ms. Keane running toward them*

Ms. Keane: Powerpuff Girls!

Blossom: What is it Ms. Keane?

Ms. Keane: *pant pant* I was almost done with the lesson plan until the hotline rang. Since you weren't in school at the time I answered it. It was the Mayor. He says that Mojo Jojo is using some gigantic drill to tunnel deep into the earth, and causing earthquakes in the process!

Blossom: Mojo Jojo?

Buttercup: Doesn't he ever give up?

*just then, another earthquake occurred, shaking the land even more fiercely and almost causing Ms. Keane and Shad to lose their balance, along with the Bubbles plushie falling off Shad's bag without anyone noticing*

Bubbles: It's getting worse already?

Blossom: No time to lose girls. Let's fly! *bolts into the air*

Buttercup: Right behind ya! *does the same*

Shad: Bubbles...

Bubbles: Don't worry. We'll be fine. We'll be back before class even starts Shady. *bolts into the air as the 3 sisters zoom into the heart of Townsville, leaving behind 3 streaks of pink, blue and orange*

Shad: Wow. Wait a minute...I forgot to give Blossom her present! *runs to the city only to be grabbed by Ms. Keane*

Ms. Keane: Oh no you don't young man. I understand if you want to see them in action but it's much too dangerous. We'll wait inside until they're back. *takes Shad inside Pokey Okes, unknown to him or Ms. Keane that the Bubbles plushie still remains on the ground*

*meanwhile, in the now almost empty parking lot of Townsville University*

*Robert manages to squeeze the last beaker full of the black liquid inside his van*

Robert: There. The last one. Now I just have to drive real carefully...*another earthquake, this time causing some small cracks on the ground* Damn that monkey! Mojo really picked the right time to cause earthquakes, NOT! I have real fragile stuff here that can't risk being lost. Then again, at least it caused all students and faculty to evacuate, and I had to wait until everyone else left so no one would get suspicious.

???: About what?

*Robert turns around to see Dimitri, with a slightly narrowed look in his eyes*

Robert: Dimitri! You haven't left yet? Please say he didn't hear everything I say.

Dimitri: No. I was just going to wait for you first to make sure you're alright Robert.

Robert: Don't worry, I'm fine.

Dimitri: Good...is Dr. Brisbaine doing well, Agent Robert Denstin of the Global Defenders?!

Robert: *shocked* W-w-w-w-w-what are you talking about? Who is this Dr. Brisbaine?

Dimitri: Don't play dumb. I was wondering why you wouldn't get THAT which is in your van to Dr. Brisbaine sooner. Guess managing time as a fake professor isn't your forte. Then again, Dr. Brisbaine didn't learn his lesson 3 years ago.

Robert: What the hell happened 3 years ago?!

Dimirti: Nothing you'd be interested to know about. Besides, you're new. I take it that the "Berserker Revolt" *slightly shakes at those words* won't ring any bells. Now hand over the Chemical X!

Robert: Heck no! Even if you are an ex-Global Defenders scientist!

Dimitri: I'm not going to use it for my own personal gain! *fist starts shaking* I've seen what it can do! I've seen what it almost did! Dr. Brisbaine is on the verge of making the same mistake as last time! It's better off gone...relinquished off the face of the planet.

Robert: You're better off relinquished, has-been! *whips out a silver pistol from his pocket and fires a multi-colored light at Dimitri. His muscles tensed up as the light enveloping him became so intense that his skeleton was practically showing. Dimitri twitched, then the light vanished and Dimitri collapsed on the ground*

Dimitri: You...Dr. Brisbaine will repeat the same horrific event again.

Robert: *stares at pistol* Experimental? More like success! Have a nice sleep Dimitri. Didn't really want to do that but you found me out. So bye bye now! *steps into his van and drives out of the parking lot and on the streets*

Dimitri: *hands slightly seized up with electricity, he managed to get out his cell phone and dialed 911* Police...a thief has made off with extreme valuables...dangerous chemicals...inside a white van. License plate 82OP98 Heading out of the...cit...*falls unconscious*

*back at Pokey Okes Kindergarten*

Ms. Keane: *under a desk* It seems no one else came. Can't blame them, since this is an earthquake.

Shad: *also under a desk* They'll beat that monkey like always. I'm still a little scared. *ground shakes violently again* AIEE!

Ms. Keane: There there Shad. Just stay where you are.

Shad: Okay. But first, *gets his bookbag, only to notice that something's missing* Huh? *looks inside his bag* Where is it? *dumps out everything from his bag and literally turns it inside out* It's gone!

Ms. Keane: What's gone?

Shad: My Bubbles plushie! When I get scared I hold it to relax. It's not here! *eyes start welling up with tears*

Ms. Keane: Calm down. Where did you last put it?

Shad: I attached it on my bag, I started walking with the Powerpuffs, *another vicious rumble, this one causing part of the ceiling to break off* That's it! When we were outside, the shaking made my plushie fall off and I didn't notice! Maybe...*goes to the window and checks across the street, which was moderately damaged by medium cracks and potholes* There! My Bubbles plushie is right there next to that big crack. And it's going to fall!

Ms. Keane: Shad get back under the desk!

Shad: But that's my birthday gift from my mommy! She'll probably get a new one but it won't be the same.

Ms. Keane: Shad...

Shad: I'll be right back Ms. Keane! *runs out of the school*

Ms. Keane: SHAD!! *tries to chase Shad down, but several pieces of the ceiling fall in front of the door, trapping Ms. Keane!* Oh dear God please let Shad be okay.

*Shad stops at the sidewalk and puts on his glasses. Just at the other side of the street (obstructed by various cracks) lies his Bubbles Plushie*

Shad: Okay. I just run, grab and run back inside. It's not that far. *earth shakes again, this time sending the plushie deeper into the crack* Oh no. Remember what Buttercup said. I'm scared OF this, but it doesn't mean I'm not scared to DO this.

*before Shad can start crossing, he hears sirens in the distance...police sirens. Shad then sees a white van chased by several police cars, all coming from the urban area*

Shad: Huh? I thought Mojo was in the city. What else is going on? Never mind. I have to get my plushie back. *despite that the street he's crossing is the same one the van is driving on, Shad still kept going as the van got closer...closer...*

Robert: Geez! Cops telling me to pull over saying I have stolen property. How did they know?! *sees a boy with black hair tip-toeing across the street* What the?! *honks horn* HEY KID! Out of the way!

Shad: What? *ground shakes again, causing Shad's foot to fall through a small pothole, resulting in him getting stuck!* NO!

Robert: *losing control of the van* Oh for the love of...*chunks of the street sprouts out above the van, causing it to spin out of control toward Shad*

Shad: *constantly wriggles until his foot is free. Then he reaches for the Bubbles plushie* Got it!

Ms. Keane: *manages to get out of the school via the windows* Made it!

*then there was a huge WHAM sound. Ms. Keane turned around and was absolutely stunned at what just happened. The spinning van slammed right into Shad, knocking him on the ground and unconscious, blood gushing out of his forehead. And if that couldn't get any worse, several glass beakers containing a volatile back liquid slid out from the back of the van and shattered upon falling on the unconscious boy, drenching him with its contents*

*deep inside the city, Mojo Jojo has just been defeated and the girls are now flying back to Pokey Okes. But not before seeing a banged-up van and its driver in handcuffs*

Blossom: What happened here?

Buttercup: Guys?

*Buttercup points behind the van in the middle of the ruined streets. There a boy lying down with blood gushing out of his forehead. Next to him is a policeman calling an ambulance*

Buttercup: Please tell me that isn't...

Blossom: It is...

Bubbles: *eyes streaked with tears* Shady? SHADY WE'RE BACK!! SHAAAAAD!!

End of Chapter 9.

Postby Bear » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:29 am

Well, it's good to finally see the accident, you've got me hooked to see what's next. Keep it coming!
Free Download, Free 14 Day (No CC Required) Trial.

Postby Keeper » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:34 am

Damn. :ogle:

Poor Shad. :'(

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:42 pm

Don't worry guys. Shad's still alive...even though he's been infected by the Chemical X...hmm. Dr. Brisbaine won't be happy that the possible last quantites of the stuff is gone.

Oh yeah, I'll start up chapter 10 soon. And for those who've been wondering since I've brought the Global Defenders in all this...yes the Rowdyruffs will be in this very soon!

And that little attack Robert did with the pistol...does its effect ring any bells? *coughBarasia'sattackcough*

Postby Keeper » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:02 pm

Yep you sure are a fan towards Griddles's fics.^^ (I already know that)

PreviousNext

Return to Literature