Lynx: The Academy, (T/Fanfic), Chapter 21 up (10-15-06)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Lynx: The Academy, (T/Fanfic), Chapter 21 up (10-15-06)

Postby LynxViscount » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:19 am

Well, folks, this fanfic is still in creation. It's also posted on FanFiction.net, but I'd like to see what you guys think of it. Be kind, give me ideas, whatever!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One - A Sign of Things to Come

Kagome sat uneasily in her seat in the cab, fiddling with the skirt of her new school uniform. Her twin, Kikyo, gave her a disgusted look before turning to stare back out of her window at the passing scenery. Kagome stuck her tongue out at Kikyo's turned head and tried once again to simply look out the window.

It had been a little over a month since her sister had received the invitation...

-----

Kagome was sitting in bed reading when she heard the shriek from downstairs. Moments later, her twin had burst through their bedroom door and pounced on the bed, causing the still-ill Kagome to loose her spot. She grumbled for a moment while Kikyo tore open her letter and gave another ear-piercing shriek.

"LOOK!" she waved the letter in Kagome's face. "They've accepted me!"

Kagome forced a smile and took the letter from Kikyo's shaking hands to read it over herself. Yes, she admitted grudgingly, they HAD accepted her. The Academy. She scowled to herself, mentally cursing this illness that had kept her bedridden for so long. They'd never accept her, even if she did get better. She had missed so much school...she snapped out of her musings as she realized that Kikyo had fallen silent and was watching her with a confused frown.

She looked up and replaced the forced smile. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Aren't you happy for me? I just got accepted to the greatest school ever!"

And didn't she know it. "Of course I'm happy for you, you're my twin!" She allowed her smile to falter. "I...I just wish I was going with you..." she mumbled.

Kikyo sighed and locked her twin into a warm hug. "You know I'd take you with me in a heartbeat if I could." she whispered. "I'm sorry."

Yeah, right.

Two days later, an identical envelope arrived, addressed to none other than Kagome. She was shocked, to say the least, and a little more than pleased. But when she tried to share her joy with her twin, she was met with angry glares and emotional outbursts to their mother about how Kagome had missed too much school and that she was still sick and on and on. She had confined herself to the sunroom for the rest of the day, listening to their heated arguments and trying to figure out why her sister didn't want to share this experience with her.

-----

Kagome snapped back into reality when the car bumped softly to a stop. She glanced out the window and received the second greatest shock in her life. They were here. As the car passed through the gate, she rolled down her window and stuck her head out, ignoring another dirty look shot from her twin. But her awe held a hint of fear as she beheld the grand estate, though she couldn't place what caused it.

The first building looked more like a chapel than a school, with its tall spires and large, circular stained-glass window facing the tree-lined drive. It certainly had a foreboding affect, yet Kagome found it hard to look away to check out the rest of the school. But once she dragged her eyes away, she found the rest of the school as interesting. She saw an archery range, a swimming pool, a stable, and quite a few more buildings that she couldn't place the use of, though none were near so grand as the first.

She sat back in her seat with a plop, taking everything in. Kikyo hadn't moved from where she sat primly on the seat, her uniform still as pressed and perfect as when she put it on this morning. She was staring at the first building much like Kagome had done, and was subconsciously smoothing her plaid skirt and white blouse as she did. Kagome chuckled softly, glad to see her sister nervous at something. But she found herself smoothing her own ruffled skirt and clenched her hands together to stop their trembling. She knew as well as Kikyo did what would happen as soon as they passed through those foreboding doors. This was a boarding school, and there wouldn't be any turning back.

When the cab crunched to a halt again, each twin took a deep breath and stepped out into the slightly chilly air, the breeze ruffling their skirts. Though they hadn't been close the past month, Kikyo moved around to Kagome's side and took her cold hand. Then, both girls holding their heads high, they stepped together up the steps and pushed open the heavy doors.

"...hello?" Two soft and frightened voices said in the empty entrance hall.

"Well hello there, girls, we've been expecting you." A soft, but incredibly commanding masculine voice said. Both girls jumped and turned to find the source of the sound. The man chuckled and stood, moving into the light to get a good look at his two newest pupils.

They were both of moderate height, with the same deep brown eyes and slightly pale skin. But that was where the similarities ended. The taller of the two had her shoulder length hair pulled back into a tight bun, and her face had the look of one who knew how to get her way. She had a bit of make-up on to accent her sharp features, and her eyes, though fearful and nervous, held a haughty sort of pride that he found he liked. Her twin seemed much softer around the edges, slightly shorter and smaller over all. Her hair was down and rather mussed from hanging out the car window, and her eyes, though proud, were calm and almost shy from the going over they were getting. He chuckled again and rested a hand on each of their shoulders.

"Welcome to The Academy, my dears. My name is Naraku."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Academy is a finishing school, the time frame is modern. I'm not revealing the location though. I ain't saying anything else, and the reaction of the readers here will decide if I post any more of it. If I don't, I'll just link to my FanFiction.net account. Be kind! >^..^<
Last edited by LynxViscount on Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:38 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:52 am

Keep it up! Looks good so far!
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Re: The Academy - Lynxie's fanfic.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:47 am

Nice. Very nice. I'm thinking of doing my own flic, just to pass the time.
V The most adorable plushie ever.
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby LynxViscount » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:34 pm

Yay! People like it! *does happy dance* Alrighty then! Onward!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Two – Just a Few Familiar Faces

Kagome simply stared at the man before them. He wore dark pants and a deep red shirt, commonplace enough, right? But his hair was what threw her – it was long and wavy, caught up in a simple ponytail high on his head, not quite so normal in this day and time. She fought the urge to reach up and touch it, just to be sure that it was real, but the sheer aura the man gave off kept her hands firmly at her sides.

It took her a moment to realize that her twin had bowed to their new headmaster, and that he was watching her with a look of dull curiosity. She bowed as well, mumbling her apologies, trying to forget that cold smirk right before her head was down.

“Good afternoon, Headmaster Naraku,â€

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:26 pm

It seems good so far. Keep it up. And please get back to your RP.
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Slick » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:45 pm

Keep it coming, its getting good ^_^

Postby LynxViscount » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:23 pm

*happy dance*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Three – Of Approval and Acceptance

You have shamed yourself…you have shamed yourself…

Those four little words rang through her mind as she sat on a chair against the wall, watching as more and more of the students began dancing. She was completely dumbfounded, but oddly, not a bit ashamed.

You have shamed yourself… No, wait, that’s not what she was saying… You have shamed ME…

She smirked grimly at the thought. Of course, that had to be it. Kikyo had been shamed to see that Kagome, sickly little Kagome, had been dancing like a professional with such a tall and handsome man. She shook her head slightly and cast her eyes to the ground. Ah well, it didn’t matter anyways. All the boys seemed to be afraid of her now, whether for the fact that she could actually dance or that they’d be following after an equally talented partner. She chanced a glance back to the teacher’s table, noting that half the seats were empty. Headmaster Naraku was dancing with Kagura, and Vash looked like he was currently trying to talk Kaede into dancing, while Rin was tugging gently on Sesshoumaru’s hand.

She sighed again and returned her gaze to the floor, only to find her boring little staring square occupied by a pair of shoes. A pair of men’s shoes. Her gaze traveled up the brown slacks and gray shirt to a ruggedly handsome face. He had sharp features, accented by his black hair, which was pulled back in a long ponytail. His eyes were a clear, crystalline blue, and he was extending a hand to her.

“Tonight certainly isn’t a night for wallflowers. Would you like to dance?â€

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:28 pm

Oh the drama! Or as Deena would say, THE FLUFF!

Postby LynxViscount » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:13 pm

Nyah.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Four – An (Un)Romantic Interlude

Kagome was the first to wake up the next morning, stretching and yawning in the bit of sunlight peeking through the curtains. She grumbled to herself and hopped out of bed, grabbing a pair of jeans and a thin green sweater before heading into the little bathroom.

Having showered and dressed, she stepped back into the room, toweling her hair dry as she sat on her bed and dug around for the packet of information. Grumbling softly and tossing the towel to the end of the bed, she glanced to the clock. 7:23, perfect. She chanced a glance at Kikyo and smirked. Her twin had always liked to sleep in, and the alarm wasn’t set to go off until 8. With a sigh, she lay on her stomach on the bed, opening the packet and skimming over the rules and regulations before skipping to her schedule.

Monday to Friday

9:00 AM to 10:30 AM...Combat Training - Vash/Kenshin/Spike

10:35 AM to 12:00 PM...Philosophy and Alchemy - Alphonse

1:05 PM to 2:30 PM...Music and Dance - Kagura

2:35 PM to 4:00 PM...Language and Logic - Jet

4:05 PM to 5:30 PM...History and War Tactics - Sesshoumaru

7:00 PM to 10:00 PM...Free Time

10:00 PM...Curfew

Saturday

1:00 PM to 5:00 PM...Horseback - Hakudoushi

Sunday

9:00 AM to 12:00 PM...Church Services with Father Wolfwood (optional)

2:00 PM to 5:00 PM...Healing and Purifying – Kaede

Daily Mealtimes

8:00 to 9:00 AM...Breakfast

12:00 to 1:00 PM...Lunch

6:00 to 7:00 PM...Dinner

She frowned slightly, glancing over the schedule again. Busy life they’ve got us living… She glanced over to the corner where her clarinet case and her sister’s flute case sat. Well, at least I’ll get a chance to play it while I’m here… She stepped over and ran a hand over the leather case and her brass nameplate, a small smile crossing her face. Well, time enough for those thoughts later. She glanced at the clock again…7:49. Yeah, good enough time as any.

Throwing on a pair of shoes, she stepped quietly out the door, shut it behind her, and headed down the hall. She got barely three steps before all hell broke loose.

Kagome screamed and ducked as a door behind her exploded outwards, allowing two death locked forms to spill out into the hallway. She crouched down next to the wall, ready to spring away if the fight continued down the hall, then gasped when she realized who it was that was fighting.

Kouga and the silver-haired boy from last night were all over each other, rolling around the carpeted hallway, hands clawing for each other’s throats and yelling insults back and forth. Kagome watched for a few minutes out of sheer curiosity before sighing and standing again, dusting herself off and walking calmly toward the two men.

The fighting just seemed to get worse as she walked up to the two, and she marveled at the fact that no other doors had opened to see what was going on. These rooms must be sound-proof…I wonder why… She snapped out of her ponderings and considered the two rolling around on the ground. She put her hands on her hips and opened her mouth to tell them off, but her chance was stolen as they suddenly rolled into her legs, throwing her off balance and taking her down with them into a tangle of limbs.

Both took a minute or two to realize that another had joined their little fray, and after much shifting around, Kagome found herself in an even worse situation. She opened her eyes to find that she had somehow ended up on the bottom, with both Kouga and the silver-haired boy half on top of her and their faces inches from her own. They had somehow gotten wrapped up in a poor blanket that had the misfortune of getting dragged out into the hall in the initial explosion from the bedroom. She blinked, trying hard to control her breathing as she looked first to the golden eyes, then the blue, and back again. No one seemed to want to break the silence that had descended.

Kagome cleared her throat. “Well…g…good morning to you both.â€

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:59 pm

Looks good, keep it up.

Postby Alucard666 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:37 am

Doing a great job Lynx, now do another happy dance! ^_^

Postby LynxViscount » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:44 am

Hehe. *happy dances again*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Five – Wanderings and Musings

Breakfast passed rather quickly as Kagome sat at the same little table as Kouga and Inuyasha, trying to stomach her own food as they devoured everything they could get their hands on. It was an interesting experience, to say the least, and had gathered quite a crowd, most of the guys betting on who would be the first to quit. But it all seemed over in an instant, and much to the others’ dismay (and Kagome’s relief), both ran out of food at the same time and sat back to stretch. Kagome giggled as everyone else wandered off, then turned to the two handsome men.

“Are you two related in any way? You act so much alike.â€
Last edited by LynxViscount on Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alucard666 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:11 pm

Nice, not to be a bother or anything but istn Kouga actually spelt Koga? Sorry if im wrong. Great story so far, its cool how you kinda switched up the characters so Koga and Inuyasha are actually friends lol. Keep it coming ^_^

Postby LynxViscount » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:32 pm

Kouga is the Japanese spelling, so that's what I use. Same as how Sesshoumaru is the Japanese spelling, as opposed to Sesshomaru. >^..^<

Postby Alucard666 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:09 pm

oh...Well then still keep up the great work lol. ^_^

Postby LynxViscount » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:12 pm

Chapter 6 – Troubled Pasts and Incurable Ills

Inuyasha finally caught up to Kouga as he was laying Kagome down on his bed. Her eyes were closed and her body was shivering uncontrollably. A large tear escaped from the corner of her eye, and she hastily reached up to brush it away.

“I….I’m sorry you two had to see me like this…I truly thought I was better, that this was behind me…â€

Postby Nebacanezzar » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:06 pm

Nice, keep it up. I'm really into the story.

Postby LynxViscount » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:13 pm

Awwwww...shucks. *scuffs foot bashfully*

Postby Nebacanezzar » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:19 pm

I'm serious! Its really good. I like the conflict going on between the two sisters. And the internal conflict.

Postby LynxViscount » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:25 pm

Conflict and angst are good. But I've run into a bit of writer's block. I have written out 9 chapters so far, and....that's it. And it sucks, cuz people like the story, and I know how I want it to end, it's just getting to that point, ya know? Argh. Anyways, I'll keep posting what I have. Time for some more familiar characters!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Seven – Classmates

The dining hall was a nearly full when the three arrived, as most of the students and teachers were already in their places. Each bowed and moved down the table, looking for three seats together, Kagome ignoring the stares and whispers directed towards her. They found places near the middle of the table, two on one side and directly across on the other side. Kouga darted around to the other side and took his seat across from Kagome, while Inuyasha sat down next to her.

The hall itself was long and thin, leaving enough room for only the teachers’ table along the back wall, and the students’ table running lengthwise down the middle. Kagome peered around Inuyasha to look down the table, noting Kikyo in the seat nearest to the teacher’s table. She sighed softly and leaned back in her chair, not wanting to draw more attention to herself than necessary. That hope was soon dashed.

Headmaster Naraku stood and smiled widely to the double line of students before him. “Hello again, children. I trust that you all had a good night’s rest last night and an enjoyable and educational day today as well.â€

Postby Nebacanezzar » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:51 pm

Fun is an understatement.

Postby LynxViscount » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:31 pm

'Tis all in good fun, dudes and dudettes!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eight – Of Cats and Dogs

Kagome stood in the shower, body still rigid with shock, letting the rapidly cooling water pour over her. She shook her head and blinked for about the thousandth time, only to return her gaze to the same slightly chipped tile.

[i]The hysteria had calmed to a dull roar as Lady Kagura began to read off the list. Ironic, that they’d be so confused and upset and afraid, and yet so willing to hear the woman out without much complaint.

Kagura cleared her throat. “Please keep in mind that we’d like to keep this same room chart for the rest of the year, so only request a room change if there is a serious problem.â€

Postby Nebacanezzar » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:50 pm

Hehe, nice. I liked the pairings as well. Who's the friend of Caligo? I think I have a vage idea, but I could be wrong.

Postby LynxViscount » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:03 pm

Cali's friend hasn't been decided on yet, but I really gotta hurry up and get him in there. Argh. >^..^<

Postby Nebacanezzar » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:10 pm

You could use the one from the RP. You know, my chacter. But its really up to you so I'll shut up about it.

Next

Return to Literature