New Invader Zim MD: "Salvation by Invasion" 8/5/2014

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Invader Zim MD: "Salvation by Invasion" 8/5/2014

Postby Havoc » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Tak looks awesome. Also since when did Dib become a fucking ninja?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: New Invader Zim MD: "Salvation by Invasion" 8/5/2014

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:55 pm

This page is so poorly done.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:58 pm

Why, what's the damage?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:00 pm

The overlap of conversation makes it harder to follow. At the top it's assumed that we're supposed to read this from left to right, but at the bottom it's assumed we should read from right to left. And, this is more of a personal preference, it would've been better to hint at an incoming character at the end of the last page, rather than the beginning of this page, because no one will really notice that a character will be coming, since the center of the page is the introduction of said character.
Last edited by Hallow Nova on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:02 pm

I dunno, still not as bad as GT or SB right now. Besides, we've made a little progress in that Tak's been proven to not be one of the narrating observers. That Resisty idea's really starting to look promising. Although, there is something...

Is it me, or are those alien letters Unown?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:27 pm

I didn't say anything was wrong with the story. The layout of the page is what's awful. It looks like they just went down a list of what they wanted, rather than actually plan out the page.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:55 pm

I would also add that the resisty's dialogue is completely unnecessary and fails at being funny. If an entire planet of people "Misspell" a word, it isn't a mistake, it's an alternative spelling. So I guess it was Tak who gave her the weapons. Not that it has been hinted at but I feel pretty sure that Gaz is going to end up piloting a mech at some point. The colours in this really bug me. Everything looks too shiny. Also, answering the question in the first post. Dib has always been a situational ninja. Watch the episode "Nanozim".

Conclusion. The voices are Lord Nar and the other one that looks like a pin. It is them, it's not just a guess at this point. Still don't like the style. Tak looks cool but she should have had some build up.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:08 am

For future references, please alert the moderators to the location of the dead threads that get linked by each update. You may do so using the report button on the thread. The available moderator on staff, or the next available moderator will take care of it. Please do not post in the necro'd threads, and please refrain from complaining about the error. We are aware of it and our administrators are working to find a solution as soon as they can.

Thank you for your cooperation. Please have a pleasant day.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:39 am

Meh, not bad, but not impressive either. The story does look like it's moving forward though, which is a plus, but the introducing of Tak was a little sloppy, and the dialogue at the bottom was kind of annoying to figure out. The style isn't too bad here to be honest, maybe a bit too shiny but it's not bad. Let's see if the comic can keep up a good pace or not with the story.
Just Rockin

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:16 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:The overlap of conversation makes it harder to follow. At the top it's assumed that we're supposed to read this from left to right, but at the bottom it's assumed we should read from right to left.

I know right? That really flipped me around. This is the first time the traction of a page has been this slippery in Bleed's Career. Regardless of the content within, it's usually fairly obvious how you should read it, but here, I'm not so sure.

Either the illustrations or the conveyance of dialogue are backward near the end.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:39 am

ULTRADJ wrote:Meh, not bad, but not impressive either. The story does look like it's moving forward though, which is a plus, but the introducing of Tak was a little sloppy, and the dialogue at the bottom was kind of annoying to figure out. The style isn't too bad here to be honest, maybe a bit too shiny but it's not bad. Let's see if the comic can keep up a good pace or not with the story.

I pretty much feel the same way, except for the part about them being too shiny. This page wasn't bad, but it didn't really wow me either. Although like Tenshi said, Tak's introduction was fairly underwhelming. And yes, the bottom panel confused me as well.

Also:
NEK wrote:Saved by girl you liked who turned out to be an Irken invader. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

What did he mean by that? Was there something between Dib and Tak in the original cartoon?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby OrangeBee » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:04 am

Dib liked Tak and actually respected her despite being an irken. Might be because she was more competent then Zim
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:09 am

Well, NEK is probably referring to the fact Dib wants to expose Zim as an Irken, but is being saved by another Irken atm.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:23 am

Okay, because the way he worded that, it sounded like Dib had a thing for Tak or something. I just wondered if anything like that happened in the show.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:50 am

Nothing like that happened in the show. He did actually say "I like Tak" but the fact that he said it so easily and the connotation of the conversation, he just thought of her as a fried. They both had mutual hatred for Zim and mutual respect for each other. However the way NEK worded it, It definitely sounded like that was what he was implying.

Something else I hate about this page. Tak is back! No one seems to notice or care. Gaz probably already knew but Dib? You would expect some kind of reaction. And if she had been around for a while then you would expect some kind of explanation. She isn't the kind to just "hang out"

Postby geminidragon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:37 am

I am happy that Tak saved Dib.... Why didn't Dib see Taz as also a threat? Or even acknowledge her help in saving him from Gaz?
WISDOM= It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and say the opposite.

Postby OrangeBee » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:02 am

geminidragon wrote:I am happy that Tak saved Dib.... Why didn't Dib see Taz as also a threat? Or even acknowledge her help in saving him from Gaz?

Probably because of his mixed feelings or bad writing
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby shadownerd221 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:09 am

Well looks like I'm late. Still though the page looks cool and we see Tak's debut.

Postby Megadon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Late finding this page, but all it all it's a good update. Nice to see Tak finally show up, and bleeds art style certainly did a wonder on her like it does many characters. It was funny the way Tak was sympathizing with Gaz of the loss of something important thanks to another fool. Now I get the feeling those 2 are going to work together to destroy Zim, Dib, and the world. Because come on who here hasn't realize Gaz would destroy the world if given the chance. But first thing first: Tak's going to have to fix that game slave and restore the game memory before it got broken. Then we'll see the end of Dib and Zim. LET THE DOOM BEGIN! >:D
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Tisvana18 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:26 pm

Well, the context of which Dib said "I like Tak" had multiple possible interpretations (mostly because he then accused Zim of being jealous) but that's something else entirely.

I like this comic so far. From what I've seen on the other comics, NEK doesn't have a very fast-paced style of story-telling, but it seems to be off to a good start here. I'm optimistic to see what happens.

Although the last panel probably could have been mirrored...

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:39 pm

Welcome new comer! Here are some rules to help your assimilation >:D
Enjoy your stay c:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:07 pm

Okay, I'm happy that IZ: MD is back (since it is what brought me here to this place). However, I am still bummed that the now-active comics are all by Bleedman :\ might as change the site to 'Bleedman Comics' than 'Snafu Comics' with how this site is going.
Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Tisvana18 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:35 pm

Thank you!

Also this is what brought me here too. Came for the IZ, stayed for the Snafu. It is kind of bothersome that only Bleedman updates regularly on here. How would one go about having their own comics posted here? Like what forum would that be?

As a side note (since one of the first few comments mentioned it), I'm banking on the idea that the voices in the comic are Lard Nar and Schloontapooxis.

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:48 pm

We have an Art section and a Literature section. You can create a thread to showcase your works and also view other works by your fellow members :3
As for making a comic official, the best course of action would be to show your skill and dedication. You can also PM BeeAre, admin and writer for PPGD, if you wish to speak to someone with more authority in the process.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:30 pm

Tisvana18 wrote:As a side note (since one of the first few comments mentioned it), I'm banking on the idea that the voices in the comic are Lard Nar and Schloontapooxis.
THANK YOU!!!!

Also look forward to seeing your art thread if you make one.

Also, I disagree with everything Megadon said. But I would actually like to see Tak fix the GS for Gaz.

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)