Protective Pods And Perilous Priorities

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Protective Pods And Perilous Priorities

Postby ari-6 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:44 pm

In Irken society they believe height denotes intelligence, indicated by the fact that they are surprised humans can be stupid and tall. And they are really that tall. If height could be enhanced in their culture then height would really lose all meaning. And they are not even that tall. They are only the size of an average human adult.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Caish » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:19 pm

ari-6 wrote:In Irken society they believe height denotes intelligence, indicated by the fact that they are surprised humans can be stupid and tall. And they are really that tall. If height could be enhanced in their culture then height would really lose all meaning. And they are not even that tall. They are only the size of an average human adult.

But the tallest are idiots.
So does mean that the Irken species have just been so indoctrinated with the height thing that they can't see how stupid their tallest are?
The reason why I thought they were in some kind of suit was they never seem to show any indication of legs. And as far as human history shows leaders are not about augmenting their people's perception of them.
My theory is that the tallest made themselves look taller then they actually are in order to seize power and the Irkens just don't seem to notice.

Postby Jenny_Wakemen » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:08 pm

I wonder what happens next... ;)

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Welcome Ms. Wakemen! Here you can read the rules to abide by here on this site and I hope you have a wonderful experience!
Just Rockin

Postby AgentNY003 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:47 am

I'm not sure if the aliens or Vexus have anything to do with what's going on back on Earth. The chapter has thrown me off a bit.
AgentNY

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:18 pm

Alright, I went back and cought myself back up with invader Zim. I could have told you the plot of any episode at one point. Alright, most BIG decisions in their empire are made by the "Control brain" which is an irken which is bio-engineered to be super intelligent (Think Dalek) and as a result, s just a big brain in a tank. The tallest are succeeded by each other but the control brain remains constant. This and the fact that there is only one way to take leadership in their society are both probably why their entire planet moves as one. The tallest are not wearing suits to make themselves bigger. It doesn't support what is seen in the show and also if anyone were able to become taller by wearing a suit then the rank would be worthless. Honestly I would not be surprised if the control brain picked the tallest to lead because it makes no difference as they are only figure heads.

Before cancellation there was going to be an episode explaining their culture and Zim's history with the tallest. Apparently they are actually roughly the same age as they went through training together and their hatred of him goes back to smeet-hood
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:34 pm

AgentNY003 wrote:I'm not sure if the aliens or Vexus have anything to do with what's going on back on Earth. The chapter has thrown me off a bit.

Really? Go read the Forgotten Arc again and the previous pages that had Dr X in them. The Darkstar Council, the group responsible for what is going on back on Earth, is a part of the Cluster. An advanced strike force or something along those lines.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!