Time to mix it up

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:15 am

NEK: I’m sure everyone is thinking “cake beaters…really Mimi?” But I’m pretty sure like everything else Mimi pulls they are far more then they appear ^^.
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Time to mix it up

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:26 am

Why did Muriel from courage the cowardly dog pop up in my head when I saw this? Maybe it's the rolling pin. Anyway, go kick ass Mimi!......Pink......

Postby Megadon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:38 am

Skulker vs. Mimi. FIGHT! But something tells me it's going to be a short fight with an unexpected winner. Like the Update :grin:
@Mimi_Fan_Girl
You thought of Muriel because of Mimi's weapon of choice: Rolling Pin. Plus Skulkers face in the last panel kind of makes me think of Eutice.
Last edited by Megadon on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:40 am

Skulker better win.
This page really didn't do anything. Pretty much we're at the same place as the last page.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lhines » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:42 am

hhrrmmm...I think i might be rooting for Skulker...despite the fact that we already know that he doesn't win...unless he does, which would mean that this flashback is going to be much longer then we anticipated/hoped. I doubt it though.
I'm loving Skulker's sass :3

Postby Megadon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:57 am

It's an obvious experience vs. talent match. And as Hermit proved on kenichi against Berserker hard work and experience beats natural talent. Sorry Mimi. But Mimi is probably going to come back and make a big win later after she gets schooled.
Last edited by Megadon on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby Exodis » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:01 am

SKULKER DON'T DISAPPOINT ME DAMN IT!
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Havoc » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:26 am

As long as it took for this new page to come out, we should have at least gotten to see one of them land a blow on the other. But that's just me. Maybe instead of beating Skulker, Mimi will fight him, and end up having to run away with Chi, because he's too strong.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:29 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Skulker better win.
This page really didn't do anything. Pretty much we're at the same place as the last page.

Yes

And if no then I will be disappoint.

I do of understand the name of this chapter. I see Mimi holding an iron and a rolling pin. Neither of these is used for mixing as far as I know

Oh.... It's an egg beater
Last edited by ari-6 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:30 am

Havoc wrote:As long as it took for this new page to come out, we should have at least gotten to see one of them land a blow on the other. But that's just me. Maybe instead of beating Skulker, Mimi will fight him, and end up having to run away with Chi, because he's too strong.

Yes, I like the idea too that Mimi just takes Chi with her after finding out Skulker is too strong for her. I can get that Lord Pain gets his ass beaten, but Skulker...
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Shradow » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:01 am

You can do it, Skulker!

Postby silvercover » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:21 am

Havoc wrote:As long as it took for this new page to come out, we should have at least gotten to see one of them land a blow on the other. But that's just me. Maybe instead of beating Skulker, Mimi will fight him, and end up having to run away with Chi, because he's too strong.

for once I agree with you on this.

after a pretty bad fight, mimi surprises and dazes skulker enough that she grabs chi away.
then of course skulker would give chase. but before he can take chi away again, some other more appropriate character(i.e. not a kid like junior, mimi, etc. and can beat skulker) shows up.

you know, kind of like spawn showing up in the early parts of the comic to save junior and minnie. the character could either be employed to aku as well for chi's guard, or could also just be that type of character who helps guys in trouble. I could do well for another powerful cartoon character(from samurai jack, danny phantom or any other series) to show up.

Postby Archon_370 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:33 am

I'm kinda rooting for Skulker! And hoping that mimi has no experience fighting an ectoplasmic Ghost! But then again, she'll always find a way :grin:
“If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders - What would you tell him?"

"I…don't know. What…could he do? What would you tell him?"

"To shrug.”
― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
The more you beat a man. The taller he stands.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:55 pm

silvercover wrote:

after a pretty bad fight, mimi surprises and dazes skulker enough that she grabs chi away.
then of course skulker would give chase. but before he can take chi away again, some other more appropriate character(i.e. not a kid like junior, mimi, etc. and can beat skulker) shows up.

you know, kind of like spawn showing up in the early parts of the comic to save junior and minnie. the character could either be employed to aku as well for chi's guard, or could also just be that type of character who helps guys in trouble. I could do well for another powerful cartoon character(from samurai jack, danny phantom or any other series) to show up.

Walker maybe, someone who doesn't want war and stops Skulker from causing something like that by kidnapping the daughter of an overlord.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby The Creator » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:22 pm

I'm sorta confused to what "amscray" means... could someone elaborate?

@Darkingdomhearts
Not Walker, maybe a powerful minion of some kind or he could just contact Skulker on a communicator. Either way a major public figure like him just wouldn't appear like that, that could start war on its own, even if he did nothing.

The minion could be that ghost knight, he serves whoever breaks his shield or has the crown.
Last edited by The Creator on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:25 pm

'Go away' I'm assuming. Which reminds me, personally speaking, Skulker's monologue sucked. Didn't even seem like the same character.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Creator » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:29 pm

It helps if you imagine it in his voice... but you are right, its like he is not using the same speech.

Like when he says "ya" here.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:48 pm

Ofc I imagined it in his voice. His way of speech is too far off from the original.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:42 pm

silvercover wrote:

"For once"? Have we really been at odds that badly? :unsure:

Anyways. I like that idea too. I'm thinking if that were to be the case, then I think Jeff would be the most likely one to get both of them out of trouble. He could distract Skulker with his spiderweb stuff, allowing them to get away. As for Skulker chasing them: There could be a part where he gets a call from whomever's hiring him, and they tell him not to bother going after them for one reason or another.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Actually, to me personally, Skulkers dialogue works for me, because of the new design I imagine him speaking with a voice like Craven the Hunter's from Spider-man.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby ULTRADJ » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Skulker, you'd better kick ass or I will kick your shiny metal ass.
Just Rockin

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:47 pm

The Creator wrote:I'm sorta confused to what "amscray" means... could someone elaborate?

It's actually a relatively unused joke language known as "Pig Latin". Essentially, Pig Latin involves removing the first syllable of a word, then placing it at the end with a hard "A" sound.

So in this case, "Amscray" would mean "Scram". Tenshi got the relative idea of it with "Go away" but I figured I'd clarify completely.

As for the monologue, I actually sorta agree with Tenshi on that as well. Skulker sounds a little too...I guess gangster would be the right word? He's a hunter, every time I remember him in Danny Phantom he was well spoken. I could never personally imagine him saying "my ethereal ass". But who knows, it is a reimagining of the character.

Postby konata50 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:17 pm

if Mimi by some chance cannot win than Him and Aku might come just to have fun killing a man lol after all if Mimi is on Aku's world it is most likely a political visit and demons have energy sensing powers as well as angels....Also I have been drawing a lot nowadays I have decent to good ratings on Deviant Art. but I need pointers on how to draw the basics of Anatomy to draw humanoid bodies better like how Mimi is in the middle Panel standing. I want to evolve my abilities..so what forums do i go to
Last edited by konata50 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby silvercover » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Havoc wrote:"For once"? Have we really been at odds that badly? :unsure:

Anyways. I like that idea too. I'm thinking if that were to be the case, then I think Jeff would be the most likely one to get both of them out of trouble. He could distract Skulker with his spiderweb stuff, allowing them to get away. As for Skulker chasing them: There could be a part where he gets a call from whomever's hiring him, and they tell him not to bother going after them for one reason or another.

regarding grim tales. I can accept other people not liking chi cause, yeah, she hasnt done much good things yet. however, she also hasnt really done anything bad.
and you saying that chi deserves a smacking since the last page didnt improve my opinion of you.

OT: or maybe someone else with a higher authority calls skulker and tells him to stop or he'll get in big trouble.

then again though, it would depend on who requested it. seems fairly likely to be HIM himself... in which case I can see him telling skulker to stop now that mimi has an interest in chi.
and by that I mean having a sadistic reason and not one of those goody stuff like caring for mimi.

you know, it could also even have been planned by HIM all along. he could have ordered mimi to go to the concert and expected things to go this way. this may also be the reason why jeff is nowhere in sight, maybe HIM intentionally called/sent jeff to do something so that mimi is left on her own.

Postby Nina333 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Skulker was able to fight Danny Phantom well sometimes so I'm thinking Mimi won't win. She will most likely grab Chi and have to run as some people have suggested. At least, Chi's giant crush on Mimi is starting to make sense somewhat. Chi probably saw Mimi as her knight in shinning armor if Mimi rescued her from Skulker.

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!