Reason For The Treason

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Megadon » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:23 am

No, I don't think Bell knows the secret of the sword. She was just as shocked as the rest of them. She thought that maybe their Powerpuff skin is tougher then the sword. In fact I think she was counting on it when she threw the sword like she did. I think Bell was expecting one of three results: Kill one of them and Sam with one throw, just kill one of them, and main thing killing Sam. But I don't think she know the swords secret. She was just trying to kill Sam and anyone in her way of protecting Girly.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 12:08 pm
Location: The Edge of Humanity and Immorality
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby MagicalManFromMars » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:35 am

And so it begins to unfold, and as a result the plot thickens even more. More questions are raised, more theories made and considered. To where the story will go next, only time will tell. Ugh, time; the insufferable waiting. But they say all good things come in time, whoever they are.
"History abhors a paradox." -Raziel, Soul Reaver 2
I live in a hell of my own creation... my home.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:18 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Havoc » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:42 am

Megadon wrote:No, I don't think Bell knows the secret of the sword. She was just as shocked as the rest of them. She thought that maybe their Powerpuff skin is tougher then the sword. In fact I think she was counting on it when she threw the sword like she did. I think Bell was expecting one of three results: Kill one of them and Sam with one throw, just kill one of them, and main thing killing Sam. But I don't think she know the swords secret. She was just trying to kill Sam and anyone in her way of protecting Girly.

Awhile back, we were talking about Dr.X 's possible involvement with Jack's story, since BR said he was the connecting element of everyone's story. If Dr.X was involved with Jack's story, then it's possible he would have learned about the secrets of his sword. If that was true, then he might have passed this info on to Bell. A few pages ago she came to some sort of "conclusion" about the sword. This could have been why she threw it. However, a lot of this is just speculation.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Megadon » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:02 am

@Havoc
But remember her first thought was that she and the other powerpuffs were tougher than the sword. We don't know what her final conclusion was. So how do we know that she knew the swords secret, or just did it on her best guess/impulse? Cause like say, we all know she wanted to kill Sam. I bet there's barely anyone here who didn't want her to kill Sam. But threatening to fry Girly just to re-trigger the bomb was the last straw. So like say, she saw the sword, knows it cuts through cluster metal (which Sam is about 80% cluster metal), and threw it to kill her. We just don't know if she knows the secrets of the sword or not.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 12:08 pm
Location: The Edge of Humanity and Immorality
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:42 am

@Mega
I'm still curious as to why you think they would bring Sam back.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5221
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:42 am

They might(although i highly doubt it). For example Bell's master might resurrect Sam because she gets the job done,or he just might need Sam for one mission that only she could do. Me i would just resurrect her so i could kick her ass multiple times for threatening Gir( that is just me(I think :twisted: ))
Spread a little Chaos
Image
Let Chaos Rule
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 pm
Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:50 am

I'd prefer Sam to just remain dead. It's more respectful to her character imo.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5221
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:06 am

Megadon wrote:
The Creator wrote:
Exodis wrote:
Darkingdomhearts wrote:I think Professor Utonium made a mistake, making the Powerpuff Girls and all xD

Why do you say that? .-.


True, how is this Utonium's fault? Unless he is somehow directly tied up in Dr X's origin I don't see how he can be blamed.

Maybe Blossom's mistake was taking too long to decide. If she knew this was going to happen she could've stopped bell.

I don't think Sam knows that she is going towards the conduit. If she did she would not have used that particular taunt.
"i'm telling on you" would imply that Bell did something wrong but in the end the plan was successful.


As for the "It's Utonium's Fault" thing. This going on info at the Wiki, but it shows that Dr.X's last name is Utonium so he is somehow related to the Professor. For all we know they could have been working on, and developed Chemical X together. So there is some relation between Dr.X and Professor Untonium, but what cause this hated rivalry is still the question.

Now Blossom making the mistake. I think some might blame Blossom because the did the natural thing and not the hero thing. Natural: self-preservation, Hero: self-sacrificing. So instead of being hero and stopping the sword, she did natural and pushed her sister out of the way and stepping back.

As for Sam knowing she was about to fall on the conduit that's as big NO. In fact that's karma at its worst. She was planning on using Gir now it's going to be her. In fact she's falling that way because of the force of the impact, and the shock of it all. The biggest shock, of course being betrayed and killed. And yes when she hits the conduit it's going to be very brutal. In fact I'm hoping for lighting shoot through her and into the air as well like an exorcism.

The "It's Professor Utonium fault" was a joke hence the XD emoticon. However that Dr. X is the brother of Professor Utonium was in Grids fanfiction, it was a fanfiction, but said to be a canon alternate timeline of PPGD. So Dr. X might actually be Utonium's brother. However Prof Utonium's name in the fanfic is Antonio while in PPGD Nora or Membrane called him Jonathan. However one of those might be his second name.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Misery Chord » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:57 am

Oh, well, I was wrong as usual.

I guess I'm confused about how the "moral loophole" here since apparently, the effectiveness of the sword is has been stated to be based on the user, not that of the target.

Maybe if Bell had been aiming at the girls and it hit Sam, that would be one thing, but she didn't seem surprised at all and it seem Sam was her intended target. Why would the sword work at all in that case, since Bell is still morally wrong? I mean if you fire an arrow, throw a dart, or shoot a bullet you're still considered the actual assailant.

If the effectiveness were based on the target, that would be more in line with what we've seen given that Sam was cutting the cables before now, but the only way around it I can see is that the sword didn't even see Sam as a living being...but it had to in order to judge her as not worthy of slicing Blossom's neck open. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Although I wonder if Blossom's mistake was to not stand perfectly still, as their bodies would have blocked the sword and it would have bounced off them.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:39 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby rac7d » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Her objective here is protecting gir. Which lilky allows the sword to harm another . She jsut lucks out she will alos complete the mission, since I gonna assmue Sam is expendable....

Too bad her father isnt watching. Anyway I guess its time for bell to grab gir and zoom out and thats al we know is sure to happen
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Havoc » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:38 pm

Misery Chord wrote:I guess I'm confused about how the "moral loophole" here since apparently, the effectiveness of the sword is has been stated to be based on the user, not that of the target.

Maybe if Bell had been aiming at the girls and it hit Sam, that would be one thing, but she didn't seem surprised at all and it seem Sam was her intended target. Why would the sword work at all in that case, since Bell is still morally wrong? I mean if you fire an arrow, throw a dart, or shoot a bullet you're still considered the actual assailant.

If the effectiveness were based on the target, that would be more in line with what we've seen given that Sam was cutting the cables before now, but the only way around it I can see is that the sword didn't even see Sam as a living being...but it had to in order to judge her as not worthy of slicing Blossom's neck open. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Here's my thoughts on the matter :down:

I wrote:Remember What BR said about a "moral loophole"? It's said that in the hands of evil, Jack's sword is harmless. However, the sword wasn't technically in Bell's hands now was it? I think if Bell tried to pick the sword up and slice Sam in half, then it would have just glanced off like it did with Blossom.

Then again, like rac7d and everyone else said: She was protecting Gir. It's hard to say at this point.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I'd prefer Sam to just remain dead. It's more respectful to her character imo.

Yeah same here. but I'm hoping her disembodied soul will be involved in the story somewhat.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:45 pm

I don't think Bell would be considered evil enough for the sword not to work in her favor. More like misguided.

But Bell is also a Puff with super-human strength. That could have been a 2-by-4 instead of a sword and the same thing would have happened.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18841
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:47 pm

Havoc wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:I'd prefer Sam to just remain dead. It's more respectful to her character imo.

Yeah same here. but I'm hoping her disembodied soul will be involved in the story somewhat.

I think that after she is dead, or right before, we get a flashback of her. And that after that she only will be mentioned (by people like Dr. X, the girls in the fight and Vexus). But this does give the oppertunity to give other villains a bigger role in the story. For example, what ever happened to Mojo Jojo, and Zim might get a promotion instead of only being a maid. And what about Princess Morbucks? She is really interest, especially after Bleed made that awesome art piece of her.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:04 pm

No. By the gods no. Let us get after this damn bomb before we go on a wild flashback of her.

We know Mojo and Zim are working together right now from one of Bell's flashbacks on the moon. I do second the notion of Princess coming in ONLY if she has the Iron Man set up like in that piece Bleed did.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18841
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:14 pm

I feel having Sam's backstory before/during the bomb may be for the best. >.>
When the new one starts, we don't really want to see them having topics more suited in the this one.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5221
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:16 pm

I'd rather see it after the bomb goes off as one of the characters remembering her. Like Bell reporting back to Dr X and him thinking about how she joined up.

Because I want this damn bomb to be over with.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18841
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby ULTRADJ » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Hold up, Bleed made a piece on Princess Morbucks? Can I see this? In my story, I was wondering how she would look like in this universe and I so totally want to see that! Also, yeah, I also want the bomb to go off so we can move on with the story and see what happens after the explosion.
Just Rockin
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 772
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5221
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby The Creator » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Why exactly is it that the sword passed through Blossom? In the Show when Aku used it on Jack it didn't even penetrate his skin.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Jamaica
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Not sure what you're talking about. Blossom pushed herself and Buttercup out of the sword's trajectory.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5221
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Sigment » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Maybe he's referring to when Sam tried to kill her with the sword?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:07 pm

In that case, it didn't go through her, it slid on the surface of her skin.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5221
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:36 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I'd rather see it after the bomb goes off as one of the characters remembering her. Like Bell reporting back to Dr X and him thinking about how she joined up.

Because I want this damn bomb to be over with.

Haha, I get the feeling. But I think right before she dies, or at the moment that she hits the electric shocks would be the best timing for her flashback. However I actually wouldn't mind it if it was between a conversation between Vexus and Dr. X.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Cerulean » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:54 pm

In some ways, I wonder if Sam's last line was meant to hint at Sam's backstory. Maybe the "stupid little girl" was Sam, and the "stupid pet" was Peppercat (her Medabot)?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Reason For The Treason

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:14 pm

I don't see it as being helpful in that aspect. She's more likely talking about Bell and Gir.

BR does like to hide things like that, but he usually can't contain himself when he does.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18841
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests