Idol Hunter

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Idol Hunter

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:36 pm

It'd be helpful if you would use the quote button in future dialogues. That way its not mistaken about who or where you are talking about.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:35 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:@Havoc
I remember the last time that questioned was asked.
Given the events of Ultimate Enemy, remember that the horrid future had to happen before he could change it. One option is that GT is the future he has yet to change, which in all honesty is a bit boring.

My theory, however, is that PPGD and GT is similar to Steins;Gate. Infinite timelines that all run parallel after their own points of divergence. In this theory, Clockwork can't just erase the events of any timeline he disapproves of. It's already implied that Clockwork can't just do as he pleases.
Clockwork wrote:I'm the Ghost of Time, not the Ghost of Miracle Cures.

To add on past that. The Observants from Danny Phantom also seem to not be able to view time in the same way Clockwork does.
I believe that the Observants posses an ability, Reading Steiner.

Reading Steiner is basically the ability to retain memories after a timeline has been altered; in another sense, they can travel to other timelines without losing their memories. However, the Observants seem incapable of making the changes in time necessary for their desired timeline. In Ultimate Enemy, they disliked the timeline where Dark Danny existed, so they 'commanded' Clockwork to kill Danny Fenton. Clockwork changed the timeline in which they resided, but without killing Danny. The Observants were annoyed with Clockwork's solution, but accepted the results regardless.

Dark Danny's existence is said to have been removed from time altogether. I believe this is merely a figure of speech, by 'time' they imply their current 'timeline'. This allows Clockwork to create contradictions in certain timelines, such as allowing Dark Danny's existence in GT. To paraphrase, one point of divergence would have been the event that ultimately led to Dark Danny's existence, for the sake of simplicity, we'll call this point A. From point A, multiple timelines are created that share his existence. Clockwork, instead of creating/moving to a timeline that diverged before point A, he created a timeline after. Stemming from point A, GT should have had Dark Danny, but didn't. Such an alteration allows Clockwork to 'fix' Dark Danny's existence.

Take what you will from this, it's all still a theory. c:

That's some complected stuff. But for the most part, I got it. I'm hoping we'll see Clockwork in PpGD. I wonder how the Time Squad plays into this. Like I said before: Maybe Clockwork is their leader. Tell me Tenshi: How would the Time Squad play into this theory you've crafted?

I think at one Point Bleedman wanted GT to be the outcome of PpGD, but then realized how stupid of a mistake that was. Now poor BR has to cleanup his mess. However that's just my take of the situation.

I'm hoping that next page, we'll get some more info on why Skulker is kidnapping Chi and trying to start an Underworld war. I don't think Skulker is working alone. I don't see any reason as to why he would want a war. The only people I can think of at this point who would want a war are: Mandy, Him, Walker, someone else in the Ghost Zone, or even someone from Megaville i.e. one of the surviving heroes.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:06 am

Megadon wrote:At least someone sees what I've been talking about. Thank You Creator.
A. That Walker couldn't be or get strong enough to rule the Ghost Zone on his own, and even if he did; he some sneaked/cheated his way into power.
B. That if Skulker is not doing this for himself or to blame Walker, then he's working for someone else who wants this war.

@-@
Thank you for reading all the posts in the thread.

The Creator wrote:@ Tenshi
direct me If I do not see this, but why exactly do you prefer Clockwork to be involved in Walker's rise to power and how. I'm just curious.

Personal preference. Seeing as Clockwork already has connections with Grim, I find that Clockwork makes an excellent diplomat between realms. Clockwork's interference led to Junior becoming a more stable nergal reaper hybrid, ain't that a trump card?

Blood Lord wrote:In simple terms, its stupid to think that just because Skultech isn't around, that Boxlunch can't be there.

This is what I basically thought at first. Adding onto that, PPGD and GT are separate, but if they share anything, it'd be characters, to an extent. If the ages of the characters in PPGD stand firm with those in GT, then there's roughly 2 decades between the series, based on Mimi's age. Tucker was seen in PPGD, meaning that all the characters from Danny Phantom could have that 2 decades of grace. Hopefully, The Box Ghost packed his lunch.

Havoc wrote:Tell me Tenshi: How would the Time Squad play into this theory you've crafted?

Simply put, the creation of the Time Squad is a result from multiple points of divergence.

In PPGD's timeline, the Time Squad may have been created to ensure the safety of their respective timeline. Technically speaking, everytime an agent warps through time, they merely switch timelines, an idea that gets more morbid the more you think about it.

BR said that the Time Squad doesn't exist in GT. Perhaps, it's because GT has no need for a Time Squad.
The Time Squad was created to maintain the proper outcomes to ensure its own future, GT isn't their targeted future, therefore they're not involved with it. Think of a chaos effect, an infinite amount of seemingly random events all come to one conclusion, in this case, it'd be the creation of the Time Squad.

An example from the show combined with my theory; Eli Whitney created the cotton gin, this is a point of divergence.
The Time Squad made sure Eli Whitney created the cotton gin, eventually this snowballs into the creation of the Time Squad.
On a split from this point, Eli Whitney created a horde of flesh-eating robots, this line is now implied to be unable to lead to the creation of the Time Squad, therefore the Time Squad can't intervene.

The above is an extreme example, but it originates from the show itself. You can see how one leads to a world capable of time travel and how the other has a less than likely chance.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:08 am

Megadon wrote:At least someone sees what I've been talking about. Thank You Creator.
A. That Walker couldn't be or get strong enough to rule the Ghost Zone on his own, and even if he did; he some sneaked/cheated his way into power.
B. That if Skulker is not doing this for himself or to blame Walker, then he's working for someone else who wants this war.

Look if you don't like Walker you can just say it. It looks like you're not open to the fact that things can change over a period of 20(?) years. But other than that Blood and Tenshi already said everything.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Megadon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:Look if you don't like Walker you can just say it. It looks like you're not open to the fact that things can change over a period of 20(?) years.

I don't really hate Walker. True he has done things and has things about him that put him in my maybe not list, but I just feel that there is a better candidate to be the leader/ruler/representative of the Ghost Zone. Personally, I seriously feel as though there is a revolution going on in the Ghost Zone if someone like Walker is the leader. Now if they reveal he honestly earned his way to power as leader then I'll give him props for that. But with what I know about Walker, I feels as there should be more to why, and how is he leader/representative. Otherwise Walker is going to stay in my grey area until I know more. Finally the only things I don't like about Walker are his stupid rules, and the way treats some of his prisoners/ghost. Especially how he treated Wulf. Walker is a non-true villain to me, because to me if you are going to be evil don't hide it behind a facade of the law and order.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Megadon wrote:Walker is a non-true villain to me, because to me if you are going to be evil don't hide it behind a facade of the law and order.

Law and order? There are no real laws in the Ghost Zone, those are his rules. The difference between Walker and any other large force in the Ghost Zone that has imposed their will, would be a book.

His character is that of a sheriff, possibly mobster. He made his rules because that's what he wants, that's how he keeps track of how he likes things. I remember him adding rules to his book just because he wanted to.

Don't confuse Walker's words, he never said he's attempting to bring peace to anything, he's always been straight forward about his ways. He has said he wanted to control his own area, he's admitted to how he wanted his revenge, he's never hidden behind anything.

Megadon wrote:Finally the only things I don't like about Walker are his stupid rules, and the way treats some of his prisoners/ghost. Especially how he treated Wulf.

What's wrong with the way he treats his prisoners? He's a villain, you're not supposed to like the way he treats Wulf.

Megadon wrote:Personally, I seriously feel as though there is a revolution going on in the Ghost Zone if someone like Walker is the leader. Now if they reveal he honestly earned his way to power as leader then I'll give him props for that. But with what I know about Walker, I feels as there should be more to why, and how is he leader/representative.

Out of all the villains Danny has faced, I believe Walker is the only ghost to have captured Danny in his own thermos, while also being one of the few to have never been caught by the thermos. Not only was he able to recruit an army of ghosts, but he also was able to use what he had to capture and contain countless other ghosts.

I also can't recall any other ghost that has ever claimed a territory and enforce their will upon all those that so much as look towards its direction. It's fine if you don't like his character, but don't make assumptions based off of skewed views.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:28 pm

I can't believe i missed the new post. Well i think everything has already been said and done. So i am just going to say one thing and thing only......THANK GOD we skipped the concert.

I need to pay better attention to the home page.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:39 pm

His character is that of a sheriff, possibly mobster. He made his rules because that's what he wants, that's how he keeps track of how he likes things. I remember him adding rules to his book just because he wanted to.

@Tenshi: Walker strikes me more as a dictator type villain, mostly for the reasons you pointed out. Like President Snow from the Hunger Games. I'm kinda avoiding using the word "Hitler" in this, but even that works when describing what sort of villain Walker is.

Let's keep in mind here what a villain is. They aren't always the childish Saturday morning cartoon doomsday building weapon type of a character. Neither to they have to be a hated character. They can work from the shadows, using laws and order to spread their own will across others. Manipulation, power, control, leadership. These villains inspire others as much or more than the hero can actually influence others. They are leaders, sometimes from the front, other times like Cobra Commander. In many ways, those are the worst type of villain to fight.

Not because they run and hide, but because they plan, think, manipulate, order, and represent a ideology that is far greater than themselves.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:04 am

I never said I hate his tactics, or plans. And I've said on several occasions he's more of a dictator type villain. I know that very well. But the thing is with me and Walker if you are going to take over the Ghost Zone then do it. He says he's just trying to bring order and control to his realm, but he has his ghost everywhere throughout the Ghost Zone, outside your realm, capturing ghost everywhere. And you still say your just want order in your realm. In point Walker is a Paradox.

You want Order in your realm, then go off and capture everyone outside your realm. That's not bringing order, but inviting more chances to bring chaos. He acts like wants order when all he really wants is to conquer and enslave. Then like say there is his little facade of law and order. I admire the depths he'll go to for revenge. I'm impressed with how many ghost really follow him. It's just the fact of what he says and what he does that conflicts that I have reservations about Walker. I have no problems with many villains so longs as they don't break my 1 rule.

A rule HIM, Drax, and Boogie have broken and I want all three of them to suffer immensely for: The innocent (children 10 and under) shall not suffer or be drawn into these dark affairs without true reasons. (Meaning if its not absolutely necessary, kids will not be involved in or have to die for an evil plan.) But with me and Drax I respect his wicked honesty and resolve.

But that aside Walker I'd be more okay with him if he'd just drop the law and order sheriff/warden thing, and just come out and say, "I want to conquer the Ghost Zone". That's it.
Last edited by Megadon on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby The Creator » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:09 am

I hope that when we get into walker's story it is explained not just how but why he took over the ghost zone. From what Tenshi has said and stuff I remember form the original show Walker only seemed to care about his own area and nothing else.
He only maintained order there, he only left to specifically get revenge against Danny (not including when Danny somehow convinced all the ghosts to help him and when the skeleton king returned.)

For a man like that why would he start to expand? I hope its not something cliche.

I mentioned earlier that the non existence of Skultech would affect the existence of BoxLunch. That was wrong. It really all goes down to Box Ghost, I assume that either him turning into a one eyed badass might have had something to do with him and lunch lady ending up together or it might be something else entirely.

Basically what I mean is that Skultech's non existence in GT will not effect Boxlunch's, whatever happened to Boxghost or the Lunchlady will affect her exixtence. Just clarifying.

EDIT: megadon is basically saying almost all the stuff I have just said a couple seconds before I posted it, so thats why it looks like a repeat.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:51 am

@Mega
Walker's definition of order differs from yours.
You also assume he left his own territory to capture the other ghosts. There aren't any solid political borders in the Ghost Zone. Walker may have amassed an army and started to expand. It's called imperialism. Fenton slowed down the process, but Walker was already starting to expand his influence since his introduction.

Using the mention of Hitler, Blood's comparison is ideal. Mega, you bring up the 'facade of law and order' again. There are no laws in the Ghost Zone, those are his rules; Walker's rules. In the first episode Walker was introduced, he added a rule to the book, in front of Danny, because he wanted to. It's his style.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby GTFDB » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:48 pm

What does Skulker want with Chi anyway?!?!?!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:02 pm

To start a war.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:34 am

And probably get paid handsomely doing so.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:42 pm

So I have bean gone for a few days. Is there anything new or important that I should read before posting here, any new fan theories, silly or otherwise? If it is not too presumptuous to ask that is. Or are we still up to "someone wants war, probably Walker, possibly Mandy working with Walker (unlikely but perhaps even HIM to get Aku on his side) and hired Skulker to do it?
I am too young to have freaking carpal tunnel!
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:08 pm

TL;DR? I understand.

From what I've gathered, most of this stuff has been about Dark Danny and how Walker would/would be able to rule the Ghost Zone. I myself am not that interested. We know for sure Skulker wants a war; that was made very clear in this page. But we don't know why. If you go to the predictions thread, I've summed up most of what I thought was plausible in the way who Skulker is working for.

I wrote:whomever hired Skulker, clearly wants a war. Here's a list of possibilities I came up with as to who Skulker could be working for:

-Walker. Since their both from the Ghost Zone, it's a strong possibility, but I don't see why Walker would want a war. However there could be someone else in the Ghost Zone that hired Skulker and Walker didn't have anything to do with it.

-Him. Him wanted to rule the underworld and heaven using the Nergal Pumpkinator. So this could have been a sorta previous attempt to do so. Like Tenshi said, I think it's possible that Him might be trying to invoke something, or frame someone.

-The Heroes, or someone in the World of The Living could have sought revenge on the Underworld. Also the fact that Part of Blossom's soul might reside in Chi, could also be a motive. But I feel like this one isn't as likely as the others.

-Mandy. However like Tenshi said, at this point there's really no incentive for her to want a war.

For now, that's all I can think of.

I'm also wondering of Skulker could be doing this for himself. When there's war, there's also demand for a mercenaries, which means lots of income for Skulker. However this theory is awfully dull in the long-run, and lacks the sorta deep exciting conspiracy that comes with Skulker being hired by someone wanting a war.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:52 pm

I don't think Skulker would do that. If memory serves, he'd likely search for a high stake target. Chi is on the high end, but not in terms of power. Of course, Chi would be a rather easy way to add mystic alien shapeshifting demon to his collection.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Yeah Skulker hunt those that are rare or close to extinctions like when he hunted Danny because he was a ghost/human hybrid. The fact that it brings in war could be a bonus. But Skulker taking orders from someone else, that person must be very powerful and wealthy.

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!