Idol Hunter

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Idol Hunter

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Megadon wrote:In fact I'm sure he's going to show up in MegaVille, because a while back I found this comic strip that looks like it was done by bleedman. I'm not sure if it's canon or not but it showed: Danny flying somewhere over MegaVille, and of all people to spot/recognize him it would be Bubbles. She even asked herself out loud, "Is that... Danny?" That strip even started rumors of a Bubbles/Danny relationship. I've been trying to re-find that pic but it got swallowed up by the internet just like one of the GT:AB pages. Now the only time I see it is in a PPGD video on Youtube.

Random strips can't be taken to seriously, they could be commissions. Rumors are fun to throw around, but they would still remain rumors in the end.

Also, I believe Danny is officially with Sam.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lhines » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Did they actually ever get together in DP canon? been too long

Postby Havoc » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:42 pm

I believe so, in the final episode.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lhines » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:04 pm

that nice

Postby Megadon » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:13 pm

Yep final episode Phantom Planet; 2 part series finally that ended with ghost saving the earth, Vlad Masters/Plasmius being exposed, Danny's secret being revealed, and Danny flying of with Sam in the moonlight.

And Nova I did say I didn't know if that strip I found was canon or not.

Dark I don't think all the ghost in the Ghost Zone recognize Walker as a leader. Truthfully he's more of a tyrant. His way is to capture the ghost, bring them to his jail, and make them follow his rules. Truthfully the Ghost Zone is more ordered then it appears, because most of the ghost stay off in there own separate parts, doors, and dimensions in the Ghost Zone. Most not all. I think Walker is leader because he's the strongest figure head there. That and he has his own army of ghost police. But there still plenty of ghost there that can rip Walker to shreds. Heck if he didn't have his army even Wulf and Technus could rip him apart molecule by molecule.
Examples:
Pandora
Vortex
The Ghost Guardian of the Key
Fright Knight
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Walker is mainly the head of authority yes. But I guess we haven't seen much of him in the series, in terms of fighting. But a lot could have changed though. He was never really beaten in the series.

Prisoners of Love: only outsmarted because Danny is also half-human, which gave him the upper hand in the Ghost Zone on that occasion.

Public Enemies: although Danny managed to throw him back into the Ghost Zone. He succeeded in making Danny public enemy #1.

Claw of the Wild: he was beaten there though xD

But in none of those episodes we haven't really see him fight all out. But I also don't think all the ghost fear him, but do show some kind of respect towards him.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Megadon » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:47 pm

The only ghosts that respect Walker are his prisoners and his police army. Besides that most of the other ghost don't really too much like him. Skulker being one of those ghost who don't like Walker. Like I said he's leader because 1 he's one of the strongest (semi-reasonable) figure heads there and 2 he has his own army. Probably most of the free ghost see it as leave him alone to his own business. Better then getting thrown in his jail.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Megadon wrote:And Nova I did say I didn't know if that strip I found was canon or not.

It's not.

As for the discussions on Walker and the Ghost Zone. All we really have to go off of atm, is the fact his name was worth mentioning alongside Aku, Him, Mandy, Grim and Hunson.
I'm still for the idea that Walker got stronger, and even more for the idea that he may fight Phantom, since Phantom is still shaking off the effects from Clockwork's captivity.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:41 am

There's no question. If Dark Danny wanted to he could conquer the Ghost Zone easy. He's already done it once before, and he's the only ghost, beside the original, who can use the Ghostly Wail. The strongest ghost power ever. In fact if you think about the only power the original has that Dan doesn't is the ghost ice powers. Yeah, Walker may have gotten stronger, or maybe he hasn't, but in the ghost zone there's always a greater threats waiting in the wings.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby Guardian » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:48 am

Megadon wrote: If Dark Danny wanted to he could conquer the Ghost Zone easy.

Really? And how would you know?

Megadon wrote:He's already done it once before,

Really? And where is that stated?

EDIT: You're making a shit ton of assumptions here, and I know you don't like it when your train of thought and statements get questioned, but it really must be done here.

Dark Danny caused havoc for both Earth and the Ghost Zone, but never is it anywhere mentioned that he successfully took the Ghost Zone over.

Why do you think he could do it easily? What motive does he have for doing that? Why would it be easy? - It's not the same push and shove zone that Danny Phantom knew. I'm sure that in the twenty some-odd years, like the rest of the kingdoms of the underworld, it has evolved and been upgraded. Dark Danny on the other hand, has been trapped in the Fenton Thermos for all that time. Do nothing. He leaves Castle Grim with the intent to get himself back in shape, and lets not forget that he had his ass handed to him by a Nergal-Reaper.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:52 am

The title of this thread always reminds me of Uncharted.
That is all. Carry on.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby KingM10 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:00 am

That bodyguard... his face and shades say Johnny Bravo but his suit says Nergal.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:42 am

I really think Walker jsut has gotten much stronger and is now the strict ruler of the Ghost Zone. As I said a few times before much time passed since the series finale of Danny Phantom. And even in the real series we haven't seen the extent of Walker's powers. Walker probably also is friends with Clockwork, so Dark Danny probably stands no chance against the Ghost Zone because he can be gone in one snap.

The only three canon realms in the Underworld are the Ghost Zone, the City of Aku and the Nightosphere. The City of Aku has changed a lot, as there is more peace as opposed to the show. The Nightosphere should be accurate to the way it is in Adventure Time (because my theory says that GT takes place before the events of AT, around the episode "Simon & Marcy") so the Ghost Zone could be much different.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Havoc » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:49 am

I have to wonder what the extent of the relationship between Walker and Clockwork. I also want to see why the fuck Clockwork let the world go to shit in GT. I'm hoping for some sort of explanation involving the timeline split between PpGD and GT. Maybe we'll get to see Clockwork in PpGD too.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:33 am

@Mega
Just to another detail to Blood's post.
Dark Danny was beaten by Fenton. Clockwork's influence made sure of that.
Now, Dark Danny's existence is in the control of Clockwork, technically, even if Dark Danny could take over, he'd still be at Clockwork's mercy.
Seeing as Clockwork had changed the event in Ultimate Enemy, so that the Ghost Zone and Human world would remain a more peaceful state, it wouldn't be surprising for Clockwork to also have a hand in Walker's development.

@Havoc
I remember the last time that questioned was asked.
Given the events of Ultimate Enemy, remember that the horrid future had to happen before he could change it. One option is that GT is the future he has yet to change, which in all honesty is a bit boring.

My theory, however, is that PPGD and GT is similar to Steins;Gate. Infinite timelines that all run parallel after their own points of divergence. In this theory, Clockwork can't just erase the events of any timeline he disapproves of. It's already implied that Clockwork can't just do as he pleases.
Clockwork wrote:I'm the Ghost of Time, not the Ghost of Miracle Cures.

To add on past that. The Observants from Danny Phantom also seem to not be able to view time in the same way Clockwork does.
I believe that the Observants posses an ability, Reading Steiner.

Reading Steiner is basically the ability to retain memories after a timeline has been altered; in another sense, they can travel to other timelines without losing their memories. However, the Observants seem incapable of making the changes in time necessary for their desired timeline. In Ultimate Enemy, they disliked the timeline where Dark Danny existed, so they 'commanded' Clockwork to kill Danny Fenton. Clockwork changed the timeline in which they resided, but without killing Danny. The Observants were annoyed with Clockwork's solution, but accepted the results regardless.

Dark Danny's existence is said to have been removed from time altogether. I believe this is merely a figure of speech, by 'time' they imply their current 'timeline'. This allows Clockwork to create contradictions in certain timelines, such as allowing Dark Danny's existence in GT. To paraphrase, one point of divergence would have been the event that ultimately led to Dark Danny's existence, for the sake of simplicity, we'll call this point A. From point A, multiple timelines are created that share his existence. Clockwork, instead of creating/moving to a timeline that diverged before point A, he created a timeline after. Stemming from point A, GT should have had Dark Danny, but didn't. Such an alteration allows Clockwork to 'fix' Dark Danny's existence.

Take what you will from this, it's all still a theory. c:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Creator » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:28 pm

I'm late!

I'd just like to note that Pandora and walker are the only ghosts who have actively tried to bring order to the ghost zone.

If walker is currently ruling solo and is not a benevolent ruler but a dictator, then there must be a an active revolution in the midst. the ghosts of the ghost zone love have always loved how things are except when the ghost king was around.

On that note I heard someone mention walker has gotten more powerful and that's how he would rule. now I don't specifically remember if walker was able to feed on something and gain strength but other than that or some magical ghost artifact. He wouldn't be powerful enough to keep them under control with his soldiers alone.

Now that I think about it fright night will serve the ghost that broke his shield, dark danny did that in ultimate enemy. If walker could do it he would have a formidable ally.

I don't actually think mimi will fight skulker straight out. I think she'll follow him. skulker is tough and infamous, so unless she has ecto weapons or some other trick up her sleeve she is doomed. I actually really wanted the flashback to be shorter but it looks like now it will be a while.

Umm... So I guess the love between mimi and chi goes both ways. if she risks herself to rescue her. where does this leave jr?
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Walker's power is still unknown. He never had an Ultimate Enemy version that we can use as a base, technically he can still have a power up on his own.

The Creator wrote:Umm... So I guess the love between mimi and chi goes both ways. if she risks herself to rescue her. where does this leave jr?
It leaves him exactly how he's already been.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Creator » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Physically walker never usually resorts to fights. His size alternating powers would prove useful (they only work in the ghost zone) and his weapons were able to hurt Danny (so can skulkers)
If walker did take over the ghost zone as said, I feel as though he wouldn't do it by brute force alone. He would use planning and strategy or something that would increase his power exponentially.
just getting older like the other ghosts in ultimate enemy wouldn't do it. he needs a cheat code.
let me think about it

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:54 pm

No ever said he muscled his way to the top solo.

I do agree that he must have some sort of tech/artifact, a trump card, that helps him keep his place. Personally, I'm rooting for a connection with Clockwork. No reason behind it, just a preference.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lhines » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Would Mimi absolutely need a special weapon to defeat Skulker? I seem to remember ghosts needing to actively phase or whatever for solid objects to pass through them. Didn't he get beat up by a gorilla in his debut episode?

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Yes, but given his current target, I'd expect him to be sensible enough to not slip up so easily.

Not to mention Skulker was already weakened and somewhat contained, before the gorilla smashed his suit. Since then, he's gained more experience and most likely a more advanced suit.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Creator » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Just realized, if Skulker doesn't end up as skultech then we might not see Boxlunch at all and most of the future predictions we got form Ultimate Enemy are null and void.

Adding on to what people previously said.
I can't think of why Walker would do this so maybe Skulker is either a part of the revolutionary army(if it exists) and can frame this all on Walker or he is under someone else (who still might be doing this in order to frame Walker).

@ Tenshi
direct me If I do not see this, but why exactly do you prefer Clockwork to be involved in Walker's rise to power and how. I'm just curious.
let me think about it

Postby Lhines » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:32 pm

so as far as we know Mimi could just sucker punch him in the back of his head and everything will be fine. We don't know how powerful he is compared to Mimi and we don't know if he's on guard. so theoretically this could be resolved in a single panel.

Postby Guardian » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:52 pm

The Creator wrote:Just realized, if Skulker doesn't end up as skultech then we might not see Boxlunch at all and most of the future predictions we got form Ultimate Enemy are null and void.

Why do you assume that? - Also, there are no predictions from the Ultimate Enemy, aside from Dan Phantom being present.

The Ultimate Enemy timeline was destroyed with the alteration of events that transpired in the life of Danny Phantom. Dark Danny, also known as Dan, existed because Cloakwork kept him in existence by basically going into limbo.

But who is to say that events do not happen which do not lead to the creation of Boxlunch? Just because one characterization of a alternate time line does not exist, does not mean that opportunities and time did not allow for different paths to allow another characterization of the same alternate time line to be made in this time.

In simple terms, its stupid to think that just because Skultech isn't around, that Boxlunch can't be there.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Megadon » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:28 pm

At least someone sees what I've been talking about. Thank You Creator.
A. That Walker couldn't be or get strong enough to rule the Ghost Zone on his own, and even if he did; he some sneaked/cheated his way into power.
B. That if Skulker is not doing this for himself or to blame Walker, then he's working for someone else who wants this war.

@Creator there's a difference between how Pandora tried to bring order, and Walker's way of order. Pandora mostly brought peace by taking away and sealing most of the great darkness, and evil that originally existed in the Ghost Zone. Walker's way is a Dictatorship, where all must follow his rules and orders, or be punished. Like I said before, it doesn't look it, but there is actual order in the ghost zone.
I'm cured, mostly.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!