Idol Hunter

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Idol Hunter

Postby Havoc » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:44 pm

Hopefully this fight won't be as one-sided as everyone seems to think it will be. I would like Skulker to at least provide a fair challenge for Mimi. Then again, fight scenes in Bleed comics tend to drag on. I'm also hoping Chi will get her ass kicked in the the process; she really needs it.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:45 pm

Honestly, I don't see what Mimi can do to Skulker.

Can someone tell me?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Havoc » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:51 pm

That's sorta the fun to her character. You saw what she did to Nina at the beginning of GT:FO. I assume it'll be something like that.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Throw a house? Skulker wouldn't even flinch at that.

He doesn't even need to blow it up, he could just phase through it.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:01 pm

Not to mention his crazy preparedness and since he is in the underworld he will probably be carrying all anti-demon weapons.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Seriously. He's kidnapping Chi! Aku's Daughter!
It's difficult to get anymore high profile than that.
If he's beaten by Mimi, I'd be pretty disappointing.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:29 pm

I know many people were hoping that this flash back would not last long but honestly now I feel it would be far worse to simply let it end after a couple of pages and a single fight. Regardless of how people feel about Skulker, Chi or this whole storyline, there is potential for something interesting to happen and I would hate to see it wasted
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:44 pm

So the Ghost Zone really wants a war by kidnapping Chi, hmmmm this may not end well.

Postby Drago2552 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:05 pm

I think Mimi will just pull out a Ghostbuster weapon or a Ghost capsule. Remember she always have random weapons on her.

Postby SuperFireDagwon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:06 pm

ari-6 wrote:I didn't want it to look pretty. Just more future'y and distopian'y. This is just city at night. Not city build in hell inhabited by demons, ruled by an by a dark overlord who has already been shown to have access to all sorts of sci-fi stuff. Could have looked more interesting is all I'm saying

Yea, it could have been but this comic is being done by someone who is a fan of the universe/characters and it's being done for FREE for us to enjoy.

If the artist wants to have some time-saving background ready who cares? It doesn't effect the story or the characters in it.

So instead of complaining about what we didn't get, thank everyone involved for all the things we did get like great artwork and solid characterizations from both existing and self-owned characters.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:09 pm

Get off your fucking pedestal. Everyone has a right to their opinion, including their displeasure. You do not have the right to lecture someone over their own opinion. That's technically my job.

EDIT: And yes, this sort of comment actually does piss me off. When people come in and make statements with ZERO knowledge of what has been going on. Last update we were ready to crucify NEK and Bleed wasn't looking that good either. Ironically we've been bitching about the characterization for a while as well.

That being said, you do not need to elevate something beyond what it is. Bleed's skills have been criticized over the years as being mediocre at best - copying and pasting is one of the most noted shortcuts he likes to take. Not just environmental backgrounds, but character's and their poses just to save some time. It's regarded as being sloppy. Is it a problem in the long run? Not really, as you pointed out, it doesn't affect the story or the characters, BUT it does affect the audience in a negative manner.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby SuperFireDagwon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:16 pm

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to sound high and mighty, just trying to put things in perspective.

Postby Breach » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Are those nergal bodyguards? They have the same red and black suits as nergal sr. That would mean the nergals work for Aku. Or maybe they're just regular demons and the suits are coincidence. I thought all nergals were tentacle like,but the one talking looks more like a shadowy figure.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:42 pm

SuperFireDagwon wrote:I'm sorry I wasn't trying to sound high and mighty, just trying to put things in perspective.

You shouldn't look at something from one angle and give an opinion.
The way the comic is made is not a secret beyond everyone's eyes and ears.
Rocks

Postby Sigment » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Breach wrote:Are those nergal bodyguards? They have the same red and black suits as nergal sr. That would mean the nergals work for Aku. Or maybe they're just regular demons and the suits are coincidence. I thought all nergals were tentacle like,but the one talking looks more like a shadowy figure.

They actually remind me of the Father of the Delightful Children.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby SuperFireDagwon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:47 pm

If I offended anyone I sincerely apologize. It wasn't my intent to cause drama.

Postby Megadon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:59 pm

Mimi_Fan_Girl wrote:So the Ghost Zone really wants a war by kidnapping Chi, hmmmm this may not end well.

I don't think that it's the Ghost Zone in particular that wants a war but someone else does. Someone who would even go to extremes as to send in Skulker. Either that or Skulker is trying to raise his underworld cred.

Nina333 wrote:I don't think Danny Phantom will show up. He cares mostly about humans from what I remember in the cartoon.

Actually that's not 100% true. True Danny cares for humans more then ghost, but remember there have been times were Danny risked everything for ghost in need. Like his friend Wulf, or his cousin Dani. He even some of his enemies escape Walker's Prison. In fact it would be cool if Wulf showed up and helped.
Last edited by Megadon on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Skulker was never the type of character that cared about his image. He uses his suit because he has to in order to do what he wants, which is hunt big game. Being a mercenary also helps him find targets while getting paid.

Wulf and Dani are both 'good guys'. I highly doubt we'll see Fenton risk his life for Aku's daughter, in the middle of the Underwold.
Rocks

Postby Megadon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:32 pm

I was just saying; he has been known to help not just humans but ghosts as well. Especially if it helps him finish any tasks he's on at the moment.

Examples:
1 Beauty pageant episode and the ghost trapped in the dark ages.
2 Save and free Wulf from Walker and his hunter twice.
3 Helping Pandora get her box back from Box Ghost.
4 Accidentally, but making it so Point Dexter is bullied on the other side.
5 Walkers Prison.
6 Ghost King episode.
7 Getting Kitty and Johnny 13 back together.

etc.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby Havoc » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:01 pm

ari-6 wrote:there is potential for something interesting to happen and I would hate to see it wasted

That seem to be a running them for this comic. At least imo.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Seriously. He's kidnapping Chi! Aku's Daughter!
It's difficult to get anymore high profile than that.
If he's beaten by Mimi, I'd be pretty disappointing.

I agree with you there. Mimi beating Skulker in one blow would be a huge let down. That being said, at the same time, I don't want this to drag on too long.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:04 pm

@Mega
True. It's easier to see in context though.
I'm still against the idea for Fenton's appearance though.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:35 pm

Danny Phantom appearing now would feel really random to me. Although I think that adding an adult Danny to GT would be cool, doing it now would be detrimental. I still feel out of all the heroes, he has the highest chance of surviving this long.

Although I don't think they should spam it or do it for no reason, there are a couple of characters I can think of who's mere addition to the story would make it hugely more interesting
gott ist tot

Postby Infinite Naps » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:06 am

LOVE the Skulker design! Think it'll be a quick throw down, and in the middle Chi wakes up, witnessing Mimi's heroic acts (thus the reason for her obsessive behavior)?

Postby Megadon » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:51 am

If they don't introduce Danny now they'll introduce him later in an arc that focuses more on Jr.'s development (powers and person). Although, and this is just me, it would be more productive and fun to introduce Danny in PPGD instead of GT. Even if it's an adult Danny it would be better to have him in MegaVille instead of the Underworld.

The only reason I can think of to have Danny in the Underworld, more specifically the Ghost Zone, is if he's leading a revolution to free the Ghost Zone from Walkers control/influence.

In fact I'm sure he's going to show up in MegaVille, because a while back I found this comic strip that looks like it was done by bleedman. I'm not sure if it's canon or not but it showed: Danny flying somewhere over MegaVille, and of all people to spot/recognize him it would be Bubbles. She even asked herself out loud, "Is that... Danny?" That strip even started rumors of a Bubbles/Danny relationship. I've been trying to re-find that pic but it got swallowed up by the internet just like one of the GT:AB pages. Now the only time I see it is in a PPGD video on Youtube.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:43 am

I hope Danny isn't going to show up in GT. And besides we already got Dan, who is way more interesting. If one of the people would have survived the war it would be Timmy Turner (I guess, as he could have been granted residence in the Fairy World).

And about Walker's reign in the Ghost Zone. Quite some years have passed so the Ghost Zone could have changed very much. Maybe they recognized Walker as their leader. He is a strict leader who goes by the rules, so I guess the Ghost Zone is a very organized realm as opposed to the Nightosphere for example, which is just a complete mess.

Another thing. Skulker seems to be supporting the war. Could he be working for HIM, who ordered him to kidnap Chi and sent Mimi on purpose to the concert to save Chi. Causing Aku to grow a hatred for the Ghost Zone because Skulker is a ghost. It would be really cool if HIM has been planning this war for a long time. And seeing as Aku is hesitant to join the war because he is on good terms with Mandy, but maybe that created hatred for the Ghost Zone may change that. Just a theory btw
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!