Idol Hunter

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Idol Hunter

Postby Eggnog » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:37 pm

All this talk about DP makes me want to watch the show again...
Welp! Guess it is time for me to buy the Complete Series!
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lhines » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:47 pm

This is much better than having to watch the concert, but I'm a little sad because this page basically confirms that this flashback will be taking up a healthy amount of pages. but who noes, maybe this will reveal something insanely important to the plot that we need to proceed in the story.
Its been so long since i watched DF I have no idea how strong Skulker is, but if Mimi can't beat him i would like to see Danny come beat his ass. even though it would be more than a little hard to explain his presence there.
why is Mimi by herself? what happened to....wow, i forgot the spiders name. uh...shit, whatever, in any case where did he wander off to?

Postby silentgrace7 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:51 pm

The spider is Jeff, I believe.

And I would like to see either a hilarious scene regarding how Mimi was separated, or he being a mysterious background person waiting to strike when the time is right.
Last edited by silentgrace7 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doors are for people with no imagination

Postby Eggnog » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:51 pm

And you are correct!
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:54 pm

From everything I can remember about Skulker, his big thing was that he was a hunter. He focused a lot on gadgets and traps to hunt his targets, but he was a decent hand to hand combat fighter too. How many of his weapons he has on that suit is up in the air. But I wouldn't consider him a push over.

Postby Lhines » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:01 am

on a side note, i was totally right about Mimi being anonymous at the concert XD

Postby Lhines » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:01 am

how the hell does someone forget a name like Jeff?
*facepalm*

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:18 am

Lhines please refrain from double posting in the future. There's an EDIT button on the top right of all you posts, feel free to modify a post if you feel you want to change or add something.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:27 am

1.Skulker is constantly upgrading his exo-suit so yeah the number of weapons on the suit is up in the air. 2. No doubt Mimi got separated from Jeff because she did the little kid thing and walked off during the concert. 3. I wouldn't have mind the concert; especially since it had 1 of my favorite samurai jack villains : DJ Cybertor. 4. There's a A-Whoopin coming so sit back and enjoy. Finally, there's a 50/50 chance you'll see Danny but only if he wasn't caught in the final battle that destroyed earth.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Lhines » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:42 am

oh, sorry :/

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:53 am

Megadon wrote: Finally, there's a 50/50 chance you'll see Danny but only if he wasn't caught in the final battle that destroyed earth.

I brought this up a long time ago but an answer was never really reached I don't think. Can you really kill Danny Phantom? It would not be at all easy, in fact he is probably one of the hardest heroes to kill without some very specific weapons. In the series, every time he was beaten down in his ghost form, he returned to human. And the couple of times he received a butt kicking as a human, he turned into a ghost. What I mean to say is that I think there is a good chance we will see Danny eventually, just probably not this chapter. The only thing I am really hoping for this chapter is more character development of Chi and the introduction of the ghost zone.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:05 am

There's a chance he could have been caught in the battle that destroyed earth. Simply because they weren't just dealing with natural or man-made threats but also supernatural. Besides anti-ghost tech the only other thing that can effect ghost are dark supernatural powers. And I think HIM and most of his demon followers fit that description. Hey in 1 cartoon [Monster Allergies] the main character could hurt and destroyed ghost by focusing his energy to a certain level. So there's still a likely chance Danny could have been caught in the battle and didn't survive. Beside if notice he automatically changes between ghost and human if one or the other is in danger, but a smart villain like HIM could easily exploit that. If not HIM then someone else.

So simple death of Danny scenario Injury his ghost form (or drain all his ghost energy) to the point of death, when he changes kill him while he's human or vis versa. But that's just me.

Now I remember my favorite DP Quote: "No one trying to catch me and rip me apart MOLECULE BY MOLECULE!"
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby tonightscake » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:55 am

If Danny is, let's say shot, is he still in pain when he's in ghost form and does he regenerate or anything? Also, regarding the actual page, I feel that since Mimi more than likely saves Chi, that Him uses it to his advantage and it is how he and Aku become so "close". Nothing screams help me fight a war than "I saved your daughter."
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Megadon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:01 am

I think there are other reasons they are close. Don't forget the hot spring. But this could also be one of the reasons they're close.

As for Danny getting shot if he was human no he's as good as dead. As a ghost he's okay so long as the shot wasn't specially designed to destroy ghost DNA.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby davidosgilboa » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:23 am

i think mimi is goin to tear his armor apart with a small screwdrivr and shell try to eat skulker when he's out of his armor

Postby silvercover » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:52 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:If Mimi can beat Skulker, I'd be pretty disappointed.

considering the fighting capabilities mimi has shown during her fight with mina, she's gonna be able to put up a decent fight.

but what I think is that mimi will end up throwing some of her stuff at first, then skulker blasts through them with his various weapons, maybe some fistfight in between, and eventually skulker gets the upperhand probably tossing mimi around.
then when he thinks he's won once mimi is lying still or something, mimi gets a surprise hit on him that short circuits his exoskeleton.

btw really, quite harsh hate there guys.
chi has barely done anything as bad as like... every other villainous/evil character in GT, yet she's already referred to a bitch and "deserves" to be asswhooped? wut.
Romance Expert

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:02 am

I don't think we'll be seeing Danny in the comic. I don't hate him, but I hope he already is dead, and besides we already got Dan. And seeing that two mighty heroes: Jack and Blossom are fully confirmed to be dead, Buttercup, Bubbles, Dexter and Courage probably are dead then I think Danny would be dead. Remember what Dan said during the flashback of Mimi in What About Mimi? Something along the lines of that he won't get to battle Danny again.

However back to the page. Yes Skulker has arrived. I'm really hoping to see my other favorite ghost Ember, who coincidentally also is an idol. Connection maybe? Or could Skulker just unknowingly be another pawn of HIM to start the war?
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Rouge World » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:03 am

Question who is in charge of the ghost zone right now?
The Best

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:12 am

silvercover wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:If Mimi can beat Skulker, I'd be pretty disappointed.

considering the fighting capabilities mimi has shown during her fight with mina, she's gonna be able to put up a decent fight.

but what I think is that mimi will end up throwing some of her stuff at first, then skulker blasts through them with his various weapons, maybe some fistfight in between, and eventually skulker gets the upperhand probably tossing mimi around.
then when he thinks he's won once mimi is lying still or something, mimi gets a surprise hit on him that short circuits his exoskeleton.

He can become intangible.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:16 am

They say Walker is in charge of the Ghost Zone, but I'm still skeptic about that.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:18 am

If the Ghost Zone is similar to the way it was in the original show, it's likely that Walker is just the main figure head. Walker always had some form of control in the Ghost Zone, but not absolute.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Nina333 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:18 pm

Mimi is probably going to save Chi from Skulker. I don't think Danny Phantom will show up. He cares mostly about humans from what I remember in the cartoon.

Postby kawaiibubbles » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:50 pm

Im hoping that Mimi will try to save Chi and when Skulker least expects it there will be an iron to the face. Tho i seriously hope she bites his hand if he tries to reach for her^_^ :twisted:
Either way i want Mimi or Chi to kick Skulker's @ss to the moon!
Aren't i just the cutest at that age? it's so good to be young!
Teehee

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:06 pm

huh... well this is certainly an interesting turn of events. I will have to a more open eye on this page to find the small details i may have missed but from a first glance view it seems like the reason Chi likes Mimi so much is because of what i would like to refer to as "hero love". of course this is not definitive seeing as someone else could steal the spot light and Mimi ends up taking the credit.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Drago2552 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:15 pm

Mimi is going to rip him apart.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!