The Edge Of The Sword

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Edge Of The Sword

Postby silentgrace7 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:12 pm

I'll be honest, I got the general idea that Bell was a bit spooked by Naga and that was just the end of that ^^"
Doors are for people with no imagination

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Welcome to our little corner of the internet c:
Read the rules and roam as you like.

Feel free to ask questions about the comic, we may be able to answer, or you may spark an interesting discussion.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:34 pm

I'm starting to really like this place to be honest.
Just Rockin

Postby Iron117Prime » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:36 pm

Going back to the idea of Bell turning good. Perhaps Naga and Deedee can show Mandark's spirit and show her that he is finally at peace and happy. Feeling touched by this she may decide to join the PPGs and the other heroes

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Hm...you seem to cling and repeat the idea often.
You can bring it up as many times as you want, unfortunately with no other information, not much conversation can be made.
I'm not sure if DeeDee or Naga have the authority to bring Mandark to Bell, but again, with a lack of information, we unfortunately don't have much to work with.

Personally speaking, if Bell chooses to abandon Dr.X, I would prefer to see her running solo for a while. I don't think she'd turn to the other puffs so easily. Bell does blame Blossom for Mandark's death to an extent.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Iron117Prime » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:42 pm

Maybe not instantly her joining them. But she may join them after a few chapters. Olga may have something to do with it to, being Mandark's sister.

Now what about the RRBs? What are your options about them being govt. agents now?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:53 pm

From what I remember, the RRB won't be readdressed for some time.
I think the RRB were introduced by a different author.

Other than that, I don't have much more information.
I would find it interesting to see them possibly meet Bell. Bell may not know that even more Puffs(Ruffs, w/e) exist.

I still wonder how Bell was made, I never read any of the older theories on it, but why not share some thoughts and speculations.
She could be part of a batch of 3, the other 2 being m.i.a. for some reason.
Cloned from the Puffs, or Ruffs, somehow.
Maybe even made from traces of Bunny.
With Dr.X's history unknown, and given his Time Bomb. He could have a connection to the Time Squad, or a different time period. Bell could have been with Dr.X in a different time period, and somehow traveled with him. Or Dr.X knew of a way to create a single stable Puff.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Oh yeah, the RRB's. I almost forgot they were in this comic. My guess is they're just chillin' til they make their big dramatic entrance.
Just Rockin

Postby Guardian » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I still wonder how Bell was made, I never read any of the older theories on it, but why not share some thoughts and speculations.

Wait. Didn't you read the link I posted a while back about Bell's origins? BR did it a number of years ago, and I could have sworn that I shared the link with Havoc in the Predictions Thread.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Iron117Prime » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Maybe she was cloned from all three.
The pieces do seem to fit,
she is like a balanced version of all three.

Maybe (though this may be a stupid reason) because her white vapor trail and other powers are a sing. White light is a combination of the other colors. You mix Red (or pink), Blue, and Green light, you would get white light.

Postby Sigment » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:I still wonder how Bell was made, I never read any of the older theories on it, but why not share some thoughts and speculations.

Wait. Didn't you read the link I posted a while back about Bell's origins? BR did it a number of years ago, and I could have sworn that I shared the link with Havoc in the Predictions Thread.

You definitely posted the link, Blood. It's possible Tenshi never read it, or forgot.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:28 pm

I ran through the Predictions Thread back to the date I found this site. I didn't see anything on Bell :c
I saw a small thing about Jedis though.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Share the link please. I want to know also how Bell was made.
Just Rockin

Postby Guardian » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:39 pm

Iron117Prime wrote:White light is a combination of the other colors. You mix Red (or pink), Blue, and Green light, you would get white light.

This was a leading idea when the discussion of Bell was a popular thing a few years ago. The idea was that Bell is a puff that has the full spectrum in control. Meaning that when a typical puff reaction takes place correctly, I might add, you get three. However, those three were merged as one during the process that Dr X went through, so instead of ending up with three girls, he ended up with one super puff. (I do want to point out that in this, the three never separately existed)

We can see that as it is known to us from BeeAre that Bell has the bests and the worsts of the girls. She can defeat Blossom in a straight on fight, but not with intelligence. Yet with Buttercup, she can't win on a straight on fight, but can with intelligence. Then there was something about being more emotional than Bubbles.

There were ideas that Bell could also be unstable as the result of storing so much power into one being - if she really is three puffs in one. An idea that lead behind this is Bell's drastic shift in personality while combating Blossom for the first time.

ULTRADJ wrote:Share the link please. I want to know also how Bell was made.

I'll look for it, but it really isn't that revealing or exciting. I suspect it could be official though since BR wrote it, but that can also be in the air.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:44 pm

All right. Do your best to find it I guess. I just wanted to know how she became and you did sort of explain it.
Just Rockin

Postby Guardian » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread. Postby BeeAre » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:09 pm wrote:go find the first posts I ever made on the forum to see Bell's creation story it's GODDAMNED CANON now, you'll find out that Ryley is pretty spot on.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6449&p=1547535#p1547535

Semper Vigilans

Postby tri_force_91489 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi sorry for not being here all year been busy moving to Chesapeak, Virginia (and it's very beautiful out here man) so I had to be away from the computer for a while, so what did I miss?

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Just the discussion on what's going to happen next and the unbearable tension consuming all of us. Other than that, not much. Oh, and in case you missed it, DMajorBoss died of cancer, so yeah, depressing year actually.
Just Rockin

Postby Havoc » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:06 am

tri_force_91489 wrote:Hi sorry for not being here all year been busy moving to Chesapeak, Virginia (and it's very beautiful out here man) so I had to be away from the computer for a while, so what did I miss?

NEK took over as writer for both GT and SB, there has been a lot of dissatisfaction over GT over Chi.

ULTRADJ wrote:Oh I will, my prologue is almost done. I'll explain everything in the thread I made there about my fic as well as where I'm going with it. Also, GT After Birth got stopped because of copyright issues? I always wondered why it never showed up.

After Birth was leaked on line before it could be refined, I think. I don't remember the exact reason, but GT:AB is out there on the internet. I would absolutely LOVE to own a paperback copy of PpGD or GT, that would be the shit.

Iron117Prime wrote:That whack job Sam totally deserves it. I don't mean to sound hateful, but she is just evil and plain psyco.

It's okay; in a way I think Sam was made to be hated in this comic. I for one am indifferent towards her. I would really like to know her backstory, especially now that she might be from the future.

We know Sam dies either before or during the bomb's activation, but we don't know how she dies yet. I think the two most likely scenarios are: She gets struck down by Jack's sword, or she's used in place of Gir to reconnect the bomb to the power supply. I'm sorta hoping the sword won't be used on her, I feel like that would be a bit too obvious. We also think that Grim is there to purify Sam's soul.

@Tenshi: BTW I asked BR about the time frame in PpGD, and this is what he told me: :down:

BeeAre wrote:
Havoc wrote:So someone brought to our attention that the show Medabots takes place in the 22nd century. What time does PpGD take place? Is it the 21st century? If so, that means Samantha came from the future just like Jack, right?

MLaaTR is set in the future too, but we have pulled back from that time also.

PpGD takes place in a timeline that has been adjusted to fit the multiple crossovers.

Thus it is "Not Too Distant Future".

Does anyone know what year My Life as a Teenage Robot took place in?

The Darkitect wrote:It is just to show how much I hate her (and her sisters in general). But yeah, all we truly know is that the bomb goes off and that it is a time bomb, and not much else (we have theories though).

Okay, I'm confused.

1) Why do you hate the PPG so much?

2) If you hate them so much, then why are you even reading this comic in the first place?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:03 am

Havoc wrote:
Iron117Prime wrote:That whack job Sam totally deserves it. I don't mean to sound hateful, but she is just evil and plain psyco.

It's okay; in a way I think Sam was made to be hated in this comic. I for one am indifferent towards her. I would really like to know her backstory, especially now that she might be from the future.

We know Sam dies either before or during the bomb's activation, but we don't know how she dies yet. I think the two most likely scenarios are: She gets struck down by Jack's sword, or she's used in place of Gir to reconnect the bomb to the power supply. I'm sorta hoping the sword won't be used on her, I feel like that would be a bit too obvious. We also think that Grim is there to purify Sam's soul.

I like Sam, and do not hate her. But I do want her to die. I'm with you on the backstory, that if she dies we get to see her backstory of how she became a member of the Cluster.

Blood Lord wrote:This was a leading idea when the discussion of Bell was a popular thing a few years ago. The idea was that Bell is a puff that has the full spectrum in control. Meaning that when a typical puff reaction takes place correctly, I might add, you get three. However, those three were merged as one during the process that Dr X went through, so instead of ending up with three girls, he ended up with one super puff. (I do want to point out that in this, the three never separately existed)

We can see that as it is known to us from BeeAre that Bell has the bests and the worsts of the girls. She can defeat Blossom in a straight on fight, but not with intelligence. Yet with Buttercup, she can't win on a straight on fight, but can with intelligence. Then there was something about being more emotional than Bubbles.

There were ideas that Bell could also be unstable as the result of storing so much power into one being - if she really is three puffs in one. An idea that lead behind this is Bell's drastic shift in personality while combating Blossom for the first time.

I always thought that, at least the appearance, of Bell was based of the 'perfect girl' in the original short: http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... oopass.png
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:16 am

Havoc wrote:
tri_force_91489 wrote:Hi sorry for not being here all year been busy moving to Chesapeak, Virginia (and it's very beautiful out here man) so I had to be away from the computer for a while, so what did I miss?

NEK took over as writer for both GT and SB, there has been a lot of dissatisfaction over GT over Chi.

I believe he's just an editor.

Havoc wrote:Does anyone know what year My Life as a Teenage Robot took place in?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Life_as_a_Teenage_Robot
XJ-9 ("Jenny" as she is called) is a highly sophisticated robot created by her mother, Dr. Nora Wakeman, but Jenny only wants to live the life of a cute normal teenage girl. Both live in the fictional futuristic town of Tremorton, Ohio, presumably in the year 2072.

Interesting. So, I'm assuming Metabots was one of the shows scaled back a bit? Still a fictional universe, so I guess we can't be too nit-picky.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:24 am

I don't really concern myself on what time this takes place in. It's got a whole lot of characters from different universes in one big crossover, so deciding what time this takes place in would only bring headaches.
Just Rockin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:34 am

Well, we have BeeAre's answer now, rather simple.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby derpyhoovs » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:32 am

"As long as you show intelligence and try not to roleplay." Bwahahaha! *cough* u assume much.

I usually just lurk forums, (some people r very sensitive) but I had to express my adoration of PPGD.

I admire everyone's courage, trying to pull plot predictions from all the randomness though, and please don't take anything I say personally, unless I use your name :D

Is it wrong to post a link to PPGD in game forums? Cause I have been :)

Wait...you said I can role play...just not here...*trots off*
I think differently

Postby ULTRADJ » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:35 am

This is the only page of PPGD I've commented on so far, yet it seems it might be the most controversial, in a good way. Everyone's so excited to see what happens next that we can't contain our excitement! At least I can't!
Just Rockin

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!