Stuff drawn by a Mutt (Update:Something other than fanart)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Stuff drawn by a Mutt

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:10 am

I drew a baby Changeling.
What? I think its cute.
Bark

Postby Cerulean » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:01 pm

This is such an eerie image, but at the same time.... he's just so adorable c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks, that's the kind of mood I was going for with this. Glad you liked it.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:31 am

Godzilla: The Walking Apocalypse
--
--
This is the first time ever since I was a tiny little kid who could not draw at all that I've attempted to draw Godzilla.
I figured my first actual Godzilla drawing should be something a little simple to get the feel of things for so here you go.
Man... he kicked the hell out of Ghiorah.
Looking at it now, I kind of wish I had drawn some battle damage on Godzilla to make it look more like he just had one serious fight.
Bark

Postby Sigment » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:33 pm

That's a big boy...

Good job.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Pure awesomeness at it's cheesiness, by that I love how you got the perspective and the siloutees, the mystery, oh all so beautiful. It's great work, I would give some criticism to try and help you improve, but sort of recovering from tablet side effects (I only just found out a day ago that I'm allergic to penicillin)
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Etherian » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:55 pm

That is why you are one of my favorite artists on this site. Sure, some artists are more skilled, but who else would draw a creepy adorable changeling baby?

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:40 am

Etherian wrote:That is why you are one of my favorite artists on this site.

Wow, thanks a lot.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Bubbles: Total Headcanon
--
--
I figured this be a fun little thing to draw, a picture of Bubbles including some of the ways I think she might have grown up and gotten into during her teenage years. Bubbles is thirteen in this picture so she's done quite a bit of growing over the last eight years.
Anyways as it comes to no surprise I see Bubbles, who was into toys, cartoons,art and music growing into a teenager who likes toys, cartoons, art and music. Her interests really haven't changed much if you think about it, I also thought it would be cute if she turned out to be a bit of a pop culture junky. Only now her toys are collectibles like the robot, dinosaur and Punisher plush she has.
She's still into drawing little cartoon characters, note the little drawing of her and her sisters back when they were little off to the side. Blossom still has no idea why Bubbles always draws them in such a strange way, but Bubbles thinks they look cute like that.
She's also into hero animes in the same vein as shows like Super Sentai Man, and Kamen Rider. Her interest in the Punisher comes from one time when she was younger and decided to dig through Buttercup's comic book collection. She came across a Punisher comic and developed an odd affinity for the brutal avenger. I also had to get at least one Beatles reference in there given how much the show itself refenced them, but I was starting to run out of room, then I remembered this girl I know from school who was such a big Beatles fan that she actually had the White Album framed.
Bubbles also practices musical instruments as well, I wanted to put the drum set she used in that one episode in this, but I couldn't get it to fit so I went with a guitar. Well, it did take Bubbles no time what so ever to learn a completely new language, so I guess it would be no problem for her to learn how to play multiple instruments. Its some kind of weird power her brain has where she can pick stuff up like this. So yeah, in between collecting figures, drawing little cartoons, watching hero animes and learning how to play music, Bubbles knows how to keep herself entertained and busy when she's not out fighting crime with her sisters.
And of course there's Octi, and yes Bubbles still loves him. There are somethings we just don't grow out of. I still have and old Godzilla toy I have a soft spot for so I can imagine that Bubbles would still hang onto Octi well into her teenage years.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:06 pm

The Gods Are Angry
--
--
My second piece of Godzilla fanart that I've uploaded to DA. I went a bit bigger for this one than the last. This time my little drawing features Godzilla along side, Mothra, Manda, and silhouetted shots of Rodan and Ghidorah. This is a Kaiju rumble I'd actually like to see. Godzilla fighting Mothra and Ghidorah has always been fun for me to watch and Rodan is one of my favorite Kaijus and Manda is there because I've always wanted to see Godzilla fight Manda, who I tried to draw to look a bit more like a Chinese dragon.
Along with Godzilla I wanted to fit at least four other monsters in this, but I wanted Godzilla to take up a lot of room and there wasn't a whole lot of room, so even though I think they're cool, Rodan and Ghidorah had to be off in the distance to make room. I drew Mothra coming out of her cocoon which saved me some room and Manda wasn't very hard to fit in there.
This took me a while to make, but I enjoyed making it a lot.
What do you think? Comment below and let me know.
Bark

Postby Sigment » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:12 pm

That city... is totally fucked.

Looks really great, man. I eagerly await your next piece.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:35 pm

Thank you.
Bark

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:26 am

Okay, that is awesome, hands down awesome
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:03 pm

A Short PPG Elseworld Story: Fury - Cover
--
Okay...
This is something that is really, really old. I made it, but never uploaded it because I didn't really like where it was going. But, I haven't been updating very much lately so here it is.
Note this is not related to the other PPG stuff I've done. This is a dark story future thing that might NEVER EVER happen. Mainly because I wouldn't want something like this to happen.
This is something that IS NOT going to be a very long thing. It will only be three pages long not including the title cover. It was originally going to be a longer story, but I decided to cut it very short for certain reasons.
That is Butch in the background by the way.
The reason why this is going to be so short will be more explained in the descriptions of each page, but the main reason will be under the final page which will be uploaded today along with the others. Sorry that the cover isn't very interesting though.
--

A Short PPG Elseworld Story: Fury - Page 1 of 3
--
Just in case this is not explained well enough because I decided to cut all this down to just three pages. Basically, certain people were getting tired of the RRB doing basically what ever they wanted. So they hired Hardley to help them make Antidote-X which zaps these super mutant kids of their powers. It somehow led to the deaths of both Boomer and Brick.
So yeah that's kind of dark I know. What even darker is that originally I was going to have Butch mention that he had been going on a war path and murdering everyone who was involved in it. I decided to take that out and have Butch's one and only target for murder be Hardley himself.
--

A Short PPG Elseworld Story: Fury - Page 2 of 3
--

A Short PPG Esleworld Story: Fury - Page 3 of 3
--
--
By this point I was losing interest in this and the lack of quality shows I think.

You might be able to see why I stopped her. This is just too dark. And coming form me, that's something. I wouldn't mind if it was just dark, but its also so bleak and depressing and the rest of the story would just be even more so. It just seemed so wrong and out of place and just so NOT the kind of PPG comic I wanted to make. There was a serious lack of any fun or joy and the whole thing seemed like it would be painful to make.

Even if I do make a dark PPG story line, I would still want it to have some humor and some fun to it so it would be more interesting and like the show. This had none of that and I decided to stop where I was with it.
Months latter here we are.

I want to stress that in my own little PPG head canon, this whole comic never really happened. I don't know what I'll do with the RRB, mainly because I don't like them that much and just don't care for them at all, but I don't think they deserve this.

Anyways this was originally going to be a longer story about Butch trying to take revenge over the death of his brothers with Hardley being his main target.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE MORBIDLY CURIOUS, HERE'S WHAT THE REST OF THE STORY WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE:

In this story Hardley had survived the fire, but not without a few bad burns and his mutation turning him into something really ugly. He would be regular human size though. The story would go on with Mojo finding out about all this, helping Butch escape where they were keeping him (they would have given Butch Antidote X to take his powers away, but Mojo would give him a shot of X to regain them).

Together Butch and Mojo would find out where Hardley was hiding and track him down and Mojo would let Butch beat the living shit out of Hardley. After beating Hardley to a bloody pulp, Butch would grab Hardley by the head and stair into his eyes as he crushed his skull with his own two hands, and I'm talking smashing it flat.

With Hardley being all super murdered the story would end with one last battle between Butch and Buttercup. As it turns out though the X that Mojo gave Butch is unstable and Butch was slowly dying. Mojo didn't think Butch was stable enough to be able to live anything close to a normal life so he saw it as a mercy killing. Butch would actually be surprisingly fine with it though.

Anyways the fight between Butch and Buttercup would go one until the unstable X would start to make Butch all explodey. And in Butch's final moment he wouldn't be fighting with Buttercup, he would be trying to hug her, like a normal brother and sister would, because he just wanted to hold onto something else living before he died. Even if it was someone who hated him, and I was really going to play up how much Buttercup hated Butch.

Buttercup struggles at first thinking Butch is only trying to damage her in the explosion, but she realizes what he's really trying to do and she actually hugs him back. Butch dies in a massive green explosion and Buttercup is unharmed. Mojo turns himself in without a fight. The end.

So, yeah... I have no more interest in this. Its just so dark and depressing and so alien to the original show that I don't like it at all. I figure though since I haven't uploaded anything in a while, it might be interesting to show this to you all.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go draw some more PPG fanart that's more fun.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:57 pm

Flutterbat by Moonlight
--
--
Flutterbat by Moon light
Fluttershy by daylight
She'll hiss at you and take flight
She's the one named Flutterbat
She's the one named Flutterbat
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:03 pm

Looking Upon A Raging God
--
Another piece of Godzilla fanart.
This one includes a little human girl and two and a half planes.
For those of you who are curious, that smaller monster Godzilla has just finished destroying is Barugon (not to be confused with Baragon, a monster some people have accused Barugon for being a rip off of). Barugon is a four legged giant lizard with a long stretchy tongue who can shoot deadly rainbows of death out of his back.
No really that thing could actually kill you with rainbows....
It was a monster Gamera fought once.
Bark

Postby Sigment » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:17 pm

"Gotta keep still... Vision based on movement... Wait, that's for T-Rexes..."
*ROAR*
"Shit..."

The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:24 am

Sketchy PPG Stuff
--
This is just some sketches I've been doing for practice. It might be a while before I upload anything fully done because I want to run some practice drawings to improve myself.
To keep things from becoming too quiet around here I might upload more of my sketches as I continue practicing.
--
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Sketchy Weird Stuff
--
Got some more sketches here. This time I decided to draw some of the more stranger stuff that's popped into my head.
In this (among others) we have:
Grim Reaper Mandy and talking severed head Billy.
Diamond Tiara: Ruler of Hell
Olga whose become like Durga from Anarchy Reigns
And a bunch of other strange stuff that's either interested me or popped into my head.
--
Bark

Postby Sigment » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:39 pm

"Who's that?"

"It's Pacman! Duh!"
:happy:

The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Waka-Waka dude.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:49 am

Sketchy AT Stuff
--
Some sketches of Adventure Time characters. One of these is a head canon thingy.
--
Bark

Postby Sigment » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:20 pm

"Head canon thingy"? Not sure what you mean by that. You mean Simon and Marcy?

The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:34 pm

Yes. Its that I gave the teenage version of Marcy along side Simon a katana and a Kaman Rider scarf. I like to think that when Marcy got a bit older she tried to protect Simon as much as he use to protect her.
Bark

Postby Sigment » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:38 pm

Well, the problem there is who Simon and Marcy are. They are flashback characters, and canonically, I'm not sure they could exist that way.

Simon became the Ice King after the Magic Crown he possessed corrupted his mind, and Marcy grew up to become Marceline, who hates what he has become but still cares about him.

The Resident Smartass

PreviousNext

Return to Art