My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grieffon » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks Tenshi :D

Merry Christmas!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:19 pm

And merry to you all I mean this from the bottom of my heart

And a picture (so the post is at least slightly on topic)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:59 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS/CHRISTMAS EVE ONE AND ALL! As a gift, here's some sugar coated sugar pics covered in sugar~

Also, you might remember this is the same artist who did those equally adorable Halloween pics I posted. So as a gift, here's her Tumblr :D -> http://umeguru.tumblr.com/
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Cerulean » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:23 am

Happy Birthday Grieffon c:

All these pony pictures are so cute <3

Found this a little while ago and thought that I'd share

I also found this one

not sure which one I liked more, so I posted both
Happy Holidays!
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:57 am

Well, to her credit, playing the piano should be hard for ANY pony. As for the head thing, maybe she just really, really loves Mozart's Nose concerto, and tries to adapt it to everything she plays.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby punzil504 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:54 am

Cerulean wrote:not sure which one I liked more, so I posted both
Happy Holidays!

I could see Derpy pulling off some Victor Borge type piano comedy.

Also Sailor Pony Comic Update
Last edited by punzil504 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Grivous » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:51 am

Late Merry Christmas for you guys!

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby TheLivingCouch » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Merry belated Christmas everyone! And as belated Happy Birthday Grieffon!

Also J-Dude you sly devil. It seems you finally updated Black Equinox. Most excellent!

Postby Grivous » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Oh my god....

My Feelings.......

BTW: Wanna play a game? Let's play a game!

The Mansion - EQD

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:20 am

2snacks has recently showed a screen shot of the up coming Two Best Sisters Play.
Judging from the original video this might be just before Luna-Matt and Celestia-Pat start smacking Pikachu in the face with a bunch of apples. Those of you who played Pokemon Snap will know why they did that.

Also, check out this PIMP-ASS EEVEE!:
Yes this is relevant.

And for those of you who can't wait, here's the video the animation is going to be based off of. That way you can image Luna and Celestia talking in the voices of two Canadian guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... lORIHU88jI
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:34 am

Grivous wrote:Oh my god....

My Feelings.......

Grivous.

Player has contracted diabetes? He should take it easy on the sweets

He he... I made a thing.

TADAAa~!

exclusive gif for this thread. Don't share yet. :3
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Grieffon » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Belated thanks guys.

This episode was good... until the ending. Making Fluttershy the one who is absolutely right just screw up the whole episode. She's not an expert on the vampire fruit bats, and her initial attempt was a failure, so it's rather ridiculous that they think her solution, the "bat sanctuary" would work. After all, if they spread throughout the whole acre, what exactly stops them from moving out of the area they are given? All for the lesson at the end.   

I never liked the way MLP inserts moral lessons at the end, and this episode made me dislike it even more.

Postby Lady Haru » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:31 pm

i immediately thought the sanctuary seemed like a good idea. i was surprised that the whole group just kind of shunned the idea immediately. i know they say that while they were building it, the bats would eat the rest of the crop but honestly, they could have split up the work with half the mane six building the sanctuary and the other half keeping the bats at bay....

the fact that it is possible for a vampire fruit pony to exist in canon now has me thinking about all the fan fictions that have existed and will exist about vampire ponies. i know someone will twist it so that perhaps a spell goes wrong and not only does a pony receive the bats vampirism but somehow it gets directed towards other ponies instead of fruit. god i really hope someone makes that fanfic... in fact i might be inclined to do it myself if i had the time lol   
Art thread // Lit Thread // Tumblr 1 // Tumblr 2 // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Love lost until found

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:58 pm

Kusang_Manalo wrote:He he... I made a thing.

TADAAa~!

exclusive gif for this thread. Don't share yet. :3

Tehe.

Also, want to make a long winded review of this episode right now, but that will have to wait. Work time. EXPECT SOMETHING HUGE WHEN I GET BACK!
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grivous » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:13 pm

What. The. FUCK. Was that ending?!

We should get that thing in Fluttershy seriously? I hope not!   

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:25 pm

So... Fluttershy    turns into a vampire... That is AWESOME! I kind of wish she was a straight up blood sucker, but what can you do... other than write fanfiction or make fanart. That being said I know what my next piece of pony fanart is going to be. I also like the little teaser there at the end when we see that she still has fangs. A sequel maybe? Or how about a twist where Fluttershy is the new villain for an episode or two. Discord and Flutter-Bat, the crusaders of evil! They probably wont do it, but it would be awesome. Anyways I kind of liked Flutter-Bat's design and I really do hope it makes another appearance. The changes were in just the right places and maybe if she does go vampire again we can see a bit more of the transformation. Maybe even see a more sadistic yet sweet version of Fluttershy.

Flutter-Bat: "Don't worry I would never hurt you. Which is why I'm gonna quickly crush your head completely so you don't feel any pain."

Also, Fluttershy's transformation makes that song from earlier with its muted color pallet seem a lot less out of place. All and all I liked this episode, I'm a sucker for anything horror themed. My only wish is that this had been showed during October and they just went balls out and maybe even make a two parter with Fluttershy terrorizing the shit out of everyone. They all ready made an episode where she spent the whole day curb stomping anyone who so much as looked at her funny so why can't I have my adorably bloodthirsty demon of the night Flutter-Bat.
But again, what can you do?

Other than all that I liked Pinkie's visual gags in this and how she reacted to anything "suspicious" and Rarity's hazmat suit gave me a good chuckle. I also though it was funny how upset Dash was at the possible lack of cider. No one gets in the way of Dash's drinks! No one!

In closing, bring back Flutter-Bat. I know that little thing in the end is just a parody of the whole sequel bating horror movie cliche, but I still want to see it again. And if they do, I really hope for something laughably dark and twisted. I would love to see an episode where the writers and the animators lock themselves in a room and say to each other, "Okay, lets really see what we can get away with."

That might never happen, but I can dream... Or just make fanart or write fanfiction.   

Grivous wrote:   What. The. FUCK. Was that ending?!

We should get that thing in Fluttershy seriously? I hope not!   

Grivous.

I do know Grivous. I really want to take it seriously, but then again, I'm the weirdo whose into the idea of    Flutter-Bat, the terror of Ponyville.   

Hell, I hope that whole part at the end with    the bat enclosure is all just part of a two part plan that involves Flutter-Bat leading an army winged creatures in a plan systematically take over Ponyville and walk the night as an unstoppable beast...
Until the day is saved and everything goes back to normal of course...   
Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:40 pm

I could go for Flutter-Bat being a villain of the kind you describe. The comic already established that Flutter has some rather odd ideas of what is fascinating when it comes to her animal friends. And I have always assumed that, as Ponyville's resident animal expert and pet raiser, she has probably had to put down more than one animal to end it's suffering (As I had her say once in something I wrote "Sometimes, helping and animal in their life means helping them to leave it."). It actually could be very interesting.

In other notes

1. Haha Rarity in a Hazmat suit. Guess Equestria has a higher level of tech than we thought, if they need Hazmats. Or is this more leftover tech from the human collapse theory (come to think of it the suit actually has a biohazard symbol on it, so they also have to have out method of warning nomenclature. More proof of a previous human collapse.

2. Pinkie's mane is prehensile? No, I take that back, Earth ponies manes and tails in general are prehensile (Flutterbat was hanging by her tail, not her back hooves)

3. In the flashback to the last apple infestation, there was a pony who seemed to be wearing a hat Identical with AJ's. This seems to bolster my theory, that the reason AJ seems so attached to her hat is that it is a hand me down and a family heirloom (I always said it was her Daddy's hat, but with this flashback maybe her it goes back even further). Actually, since we don't know exactly when the last infestation was, or at what age Granny stopped wearing the poke bonnet, we just may have gotten our first glimpse of one of AJ's parents   

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Damn. I forgot today was Saturday. Thanks for the video link, Grieffon.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Behold as all our beloved characters turn into some of the worst scumbags imaginable. Its kind of funny to me:

Also Twilight and Spike show us what clearly NOT to do if you ever have an encounter with a poisonous snake:
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:02 am

BAM!
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:55 am

First one
Last edited by Mon-Kitsune on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Grivous » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:34 am

@Mon-Kitsune: Error 404. Oh noes!

@Kusang: BAM indeed! Buhauhua!
Nice animation, Kusang. Very smooth and funny! This was my first time I did see the whole music in the fandom. Most of the bronies animators just use quotes from it.

BTW: From the last episode, "Bats!":

Ding, ding, ding, dong. Ding, ding, dong. Shake butt here, shake butt there. All the way around. Yoooooo.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby ari-6 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:55 am

So I made another human mlp fanart and people seemed to like the picture of Luna so I thought maybe I could upload it here again. I like the idea but am not really happy with how it turned out. But I am drawing more that will make up for it maybe.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:17 am

You drew RD as a competition swimmer. This is something. The more popular motifs for Dashie is either extreme sports or soccer. Nice touch, Ari-6.

@Grivious: Yeah, I saw quite few parodying "Nic cage wants cake" but with Ponies. There's a scarcity of fan animation for Equestria Girls. I guess I'm going to be the guy who makes them :P
Not-an-animator

Postby Grivous » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:36 am

@Ari-6: Lovely pic, Ari! Drawing Rainbow Dash doing swimming is something new. Most fanartists make her just running around or doing Parkour. Yet I must say that her expression looks kinda weird. Is she exausted?
And I must give you an target on her right foot. It seems that it is facing too much to the right while her right knee is pointed to the front from her body. I think you should move the foot a little to the left or make it a bit straight.

@Kusang: I am not really a fan of EG but go for it! You can take further in the EG more than the animators themselves with fanservice. There is a huuuuge space and possibilities to do with the EG's shorts.

EDIT: Kusang's Animation on EQD! Congrats, dude!

Grivous.
Grivous

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)