Relief And Duty

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Relief And Duty

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:52 am

@creator
Happens regularly.

@cake
The world may never know. How about a guess, rather than rephrasing the question :3
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Creator » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:50 pm

tonightscake

Aku hasn't been openly defeated yet, for something like that a lot of heroes and the government would be involved and everyone would know Jack was a samurai or at least know who he was considering he'd want to be involved with Aku's destruction. If we are going on the idea that Jack, after the series ended went back in time and defeated Aku then yeah.

though that would raise the question on how he is still alive.

Hey, late last night I saw snow inside snafu. Did anyone else see snow?
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:04 pm

The Snafu banner still has snow.

The backstory behind Jack is still unknown. Many theories involve time travel.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:24 pm

The Creator wrote: after the series ended went back in time and defeated Aku then yeah.

though that would raise the question on how he is still alive.

On who? Jack or Aku still being alive? I don't recall seeing Aku in PpGD, and GT has nothing to do with PpGD save they are parallel universes upon the split occurring within Jack's background. The difference could be that Jack spared his life in on situation, or ended it in another. But as Tenshi already pointed out, we know nothing, save that time travel may be involved.

Oh, and I think Dr X had a role in that as well, but I can't remember what BR hinted about that.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby tonightscake » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Too many tweaks and possibilities to really decide. Aku may have come into existence during a different time than in the show. There may have been other heroes from other old cartoons. He could have been betrayed by an ally and sent to a different parallel universe entirely. Without more stuff to draw on it's a mystery.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby The Creator » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:05 pm

It's moments like this when the new page should come out, I can't think of anything to talk about.
let me think about it

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:08 am

Oh stop complaining :p
The forums are bigger than just this section. Roam these vast lands...though half of it is dead...there's plenty of other stories waiting to be discovered.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:09 am

St. Blood wrote:Oh, and I think Dr X had a role in that as well, but I can't remember what BR hinted about that.

I came up with a theory awhile back that if Dr.X worked with Samurai Jack, then he might have found out about the moral limitations of his sword, and pasted this info on to Bell.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:14 am

Bell didn't seem to understand the sword.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:47 am

Havoc wrote:I came up with a theory awhile back that if Dr.X worked with Samurai Jack, then he might have found out about the moral limitations of his sword, and pasted this info on to Bell.

Dr. X and Jack working together? I don't see it. Unless you're claiming that Dr. X masqueraded as someone Jack would trust to find out about the sword. Still, Tenshi's right. Bell's as in the dark as everyone else right now when it comes to the sword.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Creator » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:14 am

!
Blood Lord: Stay on topic please. Comic threads are to contain discuss relevant to the comic that has updated and nothing else. Taking the discussion within threads and altering it to a different form of content, such as the original content of this post, is against the rules and action can be taken at the moderator's discretion. There is more to this site than what you see, so feel free to explore and share topics such as this out there, but not in here.

Original post content: hey guys I just found an awesome webcomics to read in between updates like this it is called unsounded if you have not already heard of it. snafu is still my favorite though.
let me think about it

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:25 am

Creator, this site is larger than this section. Feel free to join the others and continue off topic discussions.
Here's a link to one of our many sections -
viewforum.php?f=2
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:30 am

Sig the Snowman wrote:
Havoc wrote:I came up with a theory awhile back that if Dr.X worked with Samurai Jack, then he might have found out about the moral limitations of his sword, and pasted this info on to Bell.

Dr. X and Jack working together? I don't see it. Unless you're claiming that Dr. X masqueraded as someone Jack would trust to find out about the sword. Still, Tenshi's right. Bell's as in the dark as everyone else right now when it comes to the sword.

I think Maybe X could have taken a more human form and worked along side Jack. As for Bell: on this page it seems like she come to some sort of realization (in the seventh panel). Maybe Dr.X did tell her, and she just now remembered, like she had to put the pieces together first. I know it's a long-shot, but still.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Creator » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:24 am

Ahhh and down the rabbit hole I go.
let me think about it

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:59 am

Havoc wrote:
Sig the Snowman wrote:

I think Maybe X could have taken a more human form and worked along side Jack.

Mhm. A version of this idea is that Dr X was the person who aided Jack in traveling back in time or something similar to that. At that specific time, he would have still been considered "good" and whatever events transpired with Jack and possibly Aku, lead him to the dark side or planted the seeds of evil.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sonata2011 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:59 pm

That's my girl go buttercup :happy:

:Blossom: + :Buttercup: + me = :'(
this is so sweet and super cute :3

Blood Lord: Read these: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55613
Last edited by Blood Lord on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not double post, and read the rules. This is your first unofficial warning. After this, violation of the rules will be rewarded with a official warning.
Dexter Rules

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Double posting be against the rules. :c
You can use the edit button on the top right of your posts to add and edit to avoid breaking this rule! c:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Darkitect » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Yeah, I'm new here.

I was just thinking that (yes this has been said before) Sam might use Gir to detonate the bomb and Bell might use the sword to defend GIR... if necessary. I also think that Grim, Naga and what looks like Dee Dee (I am not sure) are here because of the following:

a) Everyone is going to team up on Sam to stop the bomb and defend GIR
b) They are there because EVERYONE is going to die, or so they think

In fact, when Bell and GIR went to the moon and activated that... thingy... the machine said that the project had a name that sounded like gibberish and started with a "T" (I am too lazy to go back and read that panel again); that word (I looked it up) actually represents the level of heaven (or hell, I forget which one) that someone goes to often after dying a violent death... definitely doesn't sound like only ONE person is going to die, or at least is going to be in a state that they wouldn't consider good to be in...

Well, that's my two cents (not worth very much, is it?). Hope you find it helpful (or whatever it is).

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Welcome! Fun post, read rules and come again :3

I believe this is the page you are referring to. http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=179
And this is the name I found. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tlalocan

I'm not sure if it was discussed when this page first came out way back when, but I haven't heard any mentions of this name. This made me think of something else though.

I watched an awesome sci-fi series named Fringe. The theory I explain further below isn't exactly the same as what happened in the show, but it shares a handful of points. Spoilers aren't fun :c
   In the show, there are 2 worlds, each in their own universe. Earth and a 'slightly' altered version of Earth. Throughout the series people were able to travel to, and even 'drag'(combine), corresponding locations between these universes with various methods. One was to send smaller devises through 'simple' methods to the other universe. These devises were then simultaneously activated in both universes in multiple locations, this effect caused larger areas to mix together.   

The idea I had...
They sent the devise on the moon to another universe, one that was somehow specifically chosen by Dr. X.
That alpha devise acted as a beacon.
The current bomb can match a signal given by the Alpha bomb.
The current bomb would then be anchored and pulled to the Alpha bomb, mixing the worlds.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Darkitect » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:33 am

Just saying, you can select the text in the black box to read it :)

Now looking back (yes those were the two pages I meant), after the the thing on the moon flashed, Naga appeared, even though he is a ghost (or some other weird thing) that lives in the underworld and not Earth. Furthermore, GIR couldn't see Naga, which can actually be interpreted to mean that Naga is actually in another world and only Bell can see him. Then, later on, Naga was seen talking to Grim and Dee Dee (are you sure it is her?) during Blossom and Buttercup's fight with Bell and Sam.

My thought is that maybe Grim isn't there because someone is going to die, but maybe (incorporating your idea of separate universes that can be brought together) the bomb will bring Earth to the Underworld *cough*Grim Tales*cough* or do something that will change the separation between Earth and the Underworld. Wouldn't that bring some attention to Grim, assuming that Mandy already released Grim from his pact with her?

Even if she didn't (yeah, Billy is still alive, after all), what was with the increased amount of tachyons when the bomb went off in Chapter 9? Those things usually go back in TIME, not between universes (they travel faster than light too, and ONLY faster than light). Either way, this sort of situation can't be ignored by the Grim Reaper himself. What do you think?

Postby Havoc » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Just so we're clear, Grim Tales and Powerpuff Girls D aren't connected. They're separate timelines; alternate universes. As a matter of fact, Samurai Jack's side of the story, is somehow related to the separation of these two timelines.

As for Naga, it's been said by the writer that he's not from the underworld, that he has something to do with heaven or something.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:52 pm

The Darkitect wrote:Just saying, you can select the text in the black box to read it :)

We know that, Dark. The point is so that those who don't want spoilers can ignore it.

Also, to answer some of your questions:

Naga being seen by Bell is likely by his will. She saw him because he wanted her to be able to do so. Right now he wants no one to see him, therefore they don't. Naga was an OC created by Seiryuga, who's name literally means "The Blue Dragon". Story-wise, I believe he is a representative of the Azure Dragon. Also, yes that is Dee Dee, and the three of them able to talk because they are watching the fight from a realm that can't be seen by the eyes of mortals (Unless someone else would be capable of seeing them. Kinda guessing on that one).

Like Havoc said, PpGD and GT are not connected. Do not consider the events of PpGD to lead to GT. PpGD's writer, BeeAre, gets pretty pissed when you do that.

For your last question, it is a time bomb. Where or when it is sending them, we don't know.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:04 pm

I'm not well versed in time and space topics. I believe I've read earlier from other threads, that time and space are connected.
If the time bomb were to alter time, but not directly move them through time, it would merge them into another space that had been through a different time.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Darkitect » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:06 pm

@Sig the Snowman: I didn't know it was a... thing (need another word :P) that people used often here. Again, I'm new here, and even if I read the general rules for the forums, I don't know all of the... basics (is there any other word I could use?).

Well, I know for a fact that Grim is from the underworld, and it would still concern Naga, wouldn't it? (There all part of what I like to call the Order of Dead and Not-Living Things) Also, I would think that Grim Tales and PPGD would be in the same universe, especially if Mimi is Blossom's daughter and Dexter and everyone else appeared (on the page that says one of them was a spy and it had a picture of all of them as adults; again, I'm too lazy to look the page up) on a panel. They are in the same universe, but my question is if the flashback Grim Jr. had in Chapter 1 (or Chapter 2; it's the one where he looks through Mandy's life in that book) is before or after the Science Fair Incident. If it is, then it would explain why Grim was at the Science Fair being warned about what was going to happen when the bomb went off instead of being a housemaid for Billy and Mandy. After all, they ARE seen in the school multiple times.

Furthermore, I would think with that connection Festive Tenshi made with the multiple worlds being brought together and the coincidence that Naga appeared AFTER the thing went off meant something.

P.S. I thought that Bleedman wrote PPGD, not BeeAre (whoever that is, no offense). I guess there is a lot more that I don't know than I thought :)

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Bleedman draws the comic. His storytelling...well...can use some work, let's leave it at that.

I suggest you don't persist on the notion that PPGD and GT are connected. The writers differ. And again, this is straight from the writer of PPGD, these 2 are not connected, nor will they ever be.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!