Let it all out

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Let it all out

Postby Tuor » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:34 am

Gettin spammy in here, dudes. Feel free to continue these musings in one of the talk threads
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:36 am

Right, right. Sorry Tuor.

-------Spammy ends here--------

Okay, so Chi got her powers from Aku. That's the half from her parent, but her attitude... where'd she get that? Not from Blossom, I'm guessing?
The Kid

Postby Krest » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:42 am

IF - IF her mother is really Blossom, in any way, shape, or form... I'd say she did, in fact, get her personality from Blossom.

This isn't really depicted much in fanworks, but in the original PPG series, Blossom was VERY haughty. And "haughty" seems to be the most present feature in Chi's persona.

As for the whole obsession bit, that's totally from Aku. His wiles in creating a perfect society in his image, with all its unique features, probably led to Chi's obsession with her own likes and dislikes. Since she's younger, it shows more.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:29 am

The signs of building a struggling harem posse. An idea I questioned when I joined...literally, I think my first post ever was asking about it.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:55 am

I was there. I remember. Who knew then that we would become such good friends. YAY friendship!

On the subject I think that most of Chi's personality flaws come from being a princess and getting what she wants all the time. It tends to make for a very arrogant personality. But I still think there is time for change.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Randori wrote:Okay, so Chi got her powers from Aku. That's the half from her parent, but her attitude... where'd she get that? Not from Blossom, I'm guessing?

I would guess that if Chi is created out of the fragments of Blossom's soul and from Aku, that she is still her own person. She as her own personality, likes, dislikes, dreams, etc. Don't get me wrong, Blossom is still part of her if this is true - we'll, it looks obvious that it is true. Aku is also a part of her. Her personality, I would guess, comes from a combination of Aku, herself, and Blossom.

As for the attitude, I'd just guess it was the way she was raised.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Megadon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:04 pm

There I've shorten my sig. But just so you know Ogre was really pissed about this. And he tends to go overboard when he's pissed.

That aside yeah being pampered all her life made her spoiled. But I think her attitude and personality are to do a serious 275. See the death of your former like can seriously mess with anyone's mind. Even a half human/ half demon Aku spawn.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:11 pm

275?
I'm confuzzled. What's a 275?
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:20 pm

I think he's just trying to be a smart ass, and meant 180.

Also, Meg. We don't care about your alternate split personalities, feel free to knock it off before I do.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby tonightscake » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:33 pm

If you're pissed then shouldn't you refer to Taz. The rage split. Makes more sense to me. Either way, I'm with blordy, referring to yourself like that is a bit annoying.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Krest » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:27 pm

270 is between 180 and 360. I think he meant she was beyond being "turned around" yet only party going "in a complete circle". Still though, that would be 270 - not 275.

ALGEBRAIC!!! :D
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Hm...
Maybe Mimi will convince Junior to break into Aku's realm to get Chi.

Equivalency of Stupidity. It doesn't make the situation better, but it shows one side how awful the concept is.

And in case it wasn't clear, that was sarcasm. I doubt Chi will just change personalities. If that happens, then I see no real point to introduce her like this.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Its not so much as personality change as much as it is just maturing/growing up.

Special times call for special measures. I'm pretty sure chi's current attitude wont get her anywhere with what she wants. If she's really going to do what she wants, which is to find mimi as well as know her origins, just demanding like always wont get her what she wants.

Also he's right that seeing that will make a change in her, at the very least she's not going to be so confident about her own self now. She's going to be doubting herself, which will lead to her questioning everything, which will lead to her thinking a lot more than usual.

And I'm fairly sure chi hasn't really thought of things a lot or seriously before. Just like how she just went to decide to marry mimi. She's not going to be brash and charge blindly for now.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: YOU'VE GOT A DAMN SHIFT BAR, USE IT.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:32 pm

This is all going under the assumption Chi actually cares.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:46 pm

silvercover wrote:personality change as much as it is just maturing/growing up.

That's pretty much the same thing. As you grow up/mature, your personality changes as you gain new experiences and a better understanding of the world around you.

silvercover wrote: pretty sure chi's current attitude wont get her anywhere with what she wants.

Are you sure? It's worked out pretty well so far, and that was before she gained her powers.

silvercover wrote:at the very least she's not going to be so confident about her own self now. she's going to be doubting herself

Why? Because a disturbing flashback occurred of which you have no understanding of?

Tenshi Nova wrote:This is all going under the assumption Chi actually cares.

There's more assumptions going on in there that grammar mistakes. Of which I am now going to fix because it annoys me.
Semper Vigilans

Postby konata50 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:51 am

i love her rage mode shes got the cool demon tail and the back scales "there called scales right??? never see em much ever
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:14 am

They're*
I think you mean the spine spikes, I don't really see any scales on her.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:53 am

Well they are something that tore the sh*t out of her room. So they got to count as something. Watch them end up being tentacles or something like that. As for her personality, that is almost entirely from being a spoiled princess, and having a father/mother who rules one of the layers of hell. (Sh*t bus is here. Got to run)
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby The Creator » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:12 am

hello.

To be honest I don't think Demongo will betray Aku.He just seems so Repentant, even in the show when Aku got rid off him he begged for forgiveness, not mercy. he only wants to be useful to his master, he does not enjoy his job and if Aku offered to restore him he would take it! but he acknowledges his position in the world and accepts it?

He won't betray anyone to Aku, because quite simply he is a coward he won't do anything that could possibly get him in more trouble. Besides for someone like Demongo who is around His daughter and handles his affairs I think he can't really betray Aku. he was probably spawned from his essence and his need to serve is probably hard wired into him.

goodbye

Ps Do you think in anyway, Bleedman or wjhoever based her character on Princess Morbucks in anyway?
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:54 am

I never really thought about that last part.
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:03 am

Heck no! Princess was a spoiled little brat and completely detestable in every single way......

Not to mention her voice really grated on me.

If I had to answer seriously, I would say it is entirely possible Chi was based on her or at least that archtype anyway. I wonder if it was confirmed that that was the case, people would stop complaining about her and say something like "Oh, it's fine if she's supposed to be that way". I think that would be truly ironic. But already Chi has shown far more redeeming qualities than Princess ever had. Princess' only defining qualities were that she was rich and bratty. And those were the only two traits she ever exhibited or used to tackle any problem. Chi has been shown to be resourceful, affectionate (....sort of), Quite clever in certain situations and she already has an interesting back story and we do not even know what it is. Not to mention I have no doubt that her personality will change in response to the story as opposed to Princess who was a completely devoid of any kind of development (Granted she was a minor villein in PPG).

I honestly think she will become more likable and I prefer the story with her in it as opposed to still only three main characters. Okay so that is my best attempt at defending Chi so early in the morning. Y'know, before the next guy comes along and starts the Chi hate post.
Last edited by ari-6 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Havoc » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:06 am

Are you taking the piss?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:20 am

I'm sorry, did I say something that offended you? I assure you that was not my intention and I am really sorry if it was received that way.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Havoc » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:25 am

No no no. It's just-- I can't tell if you're serious or not.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:02 am

Pretty sure he was. He brought up some good points regarding the differences between Chi and Princess. Though I guess if you wanted to get really technical about it, Princess was also resourceful (consistently convinced her father to give her funding for her various projects), affectionate (for money/power), and somewhat clever (mostly referring to that Santa incident). Can't dispute the mysterious background (at least with regards to her (Chi's) creation) though, since Princess was pretty much just a spoiled rich girl in the show.

Chi has sort of rubbed me the wrong way since her introduction, but I haven't completely given up on her just yet. Just going to wait and see how everything plays out.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!