Definitely should have taken the cannon

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Definitely should have taken the cannon

Postby ogram » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks for the clarification Birdofterror. I would have thought billy would be out of Purgatory just runing around, it would be funny to see him in the background doing somthing stupid every now and thean.
I dont have the gratest ideas or grammar (sorry) but the shit i say can make a lot of sense.
im everyones Papa

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:13 pm

hmmm
I would enjoy to see some split personality conflicts. Or 2 minds in 1 body w/e. I doubt it'll happen, but it's a fun idea.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Nina333 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:24 pm

I forgot about Billy since he's not really a main character in GT. Some people brought up Chi having awkward tension with Mimi since she is Mimi's mom in a way. Well, incest happens sometimes in anime despite two characters being related so Mimi/Chi could still happen.

Postby AgentNY003 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:38 pm

What's with Chi? Is she in a bad mood?
AgentNY

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Nina333 wrote:I forgot about Billy since he's not really a main character in GT. Some people brought up Chi having awkward tension with Mimi since she is Mimi's mom in a way. Well, incest happens sometimes in anime despite two characters being related so Mimi/Chi could still happen.

perfect example: Sword Art Online, second half of the anime really did a number on my brain and nearly killed all interest I first had in it. Good story though...
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby tonightscake » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:55 pm

But they're cousins. In Japan. Not my taste personally, but I can overlook it. I can still read this comic with all the weirdness involved in it.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:52 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I'm amazed at how many people are taking credit for the "Chi was made out of segments/pieces of Blossom's soul" as if it was their own.

Last time I open my mouth.

I find that this is made even funnier by the fact that you are once again doctor house.

I remember back when Chi's origins were the main topic, I had not been here much over a month or two. I was always for the the origin theories that did not result in incest.
I am too young to have freaking carpal tunnel!
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:09 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I'm amazed at how many people are taking credit for the "Chi was made out of segments/pieces of Blossom's soul" as if it was their own.

Last time I open my mouth.

Don't worry, the internet is stupid like that all of the time.
Not Space Jesus

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:37 am

just for clarification i don't take credit for theories that come popping out of my brain, im just saying what everyone is thinking. but if i say make a prediction and it happens to come close or true to it, i will take partial credit because i highly doubt im going to be the only one who made the prediction.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:48 am

Some may have thought it up themselves, others looked at the theories of others. However not everyone can post the same theory before someone else because of for example time zones and just discovering that a new page has been released later.

But I will say that Blossom came to mind when I first saw the teaser of Chi, but I hoped she wasn't her mother. Chi being infused with Blossom's DNA came to mind, but BL was probably ahead of me (although I don't remember that)
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Nina333 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:02 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:
Nina333 wrote:I forgot about Billy since he's not really a main character in GT. Some people brought up Chi having awkward tension with Mimi since she is Mimi's mom in a way. Well, incest happens sometimes in anime despite two characters being related so Mimi/Chi could still happen.

perfect example: Sword Art Online, second half of the anime really did a number on my brain and nearly killed all interest I first had in it. Good story though...

It looked like Sword Art Online had to do with people playing inside a online game and some people are unable able to come back out into the real world. It sounded slightly disturbing that lots of children play the game and die but the storyline seemed interesting with the action girl Asuna and the main male character. I don't think any kids have died yet other than Minnie in GT even though there have been a lot of character deaths.

Postby Sigmas » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:30 pm

In the first season, no one could leave until the game was won. But this is not the place to discuss it. Bring it over to one of the anime threads if you want to keep talking about it.

Can't tell if Chi pissed because Demo used Mimi's phone to get back, or something else like the info she got from the piece of her she got back. I'm almost at the point where my continued interest in this comic hinges on the next page.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:10 pm

My continued interest ended a couple pages back :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Keiken » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Fudoshi?...

Postby Tuor » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Fundoshi? What about it? Don't make one word posts. Also, fundoshi is traditionally worn my dudes, but it does kinda seem to be that style.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:17 am

How is that related to this thread?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Drago2552 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:52 am

Just wondering. I said Chi looks like a badass and she is going to go rage mode against jr.

Postby Tuor » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:54 am

There *is* an MLP thread, perhaps you should have asked that there. Allow me to move that post for you
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:If you look back a couple threads, you can also find the discussion for it :3
I also think Minnie has the highest chance, mainly because she was sent to Heaven.

(*is late to the party*)

Possibly, but at the same time, a few things make me feel this may not be the case.

-Minnie was technically not allowed entrance into heaven due to her feelings for Jr. Yes, I know that it might have just been the Redeemer wanting to be nice to her since he realize her feelings, but I doubt that. If she had been allowed to enter the Pearly Gates, he probably would have made her go.

-The Her energy found her attractive (creepily, almost). Meaning that Minnie isn't exactly the nicest and purest of heart so far we've seen in the comic.

-Mandy still has her claws in Minnie. If Mandy is influencing Minnie, and Mandy is stated to be unable to use the sword, well we'll see how much she screws up her daughter.

It is still possible that down the road Minnie will get redeemed, but at this point I just don't see it.

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm not sure how far the sword judges the user, but I don't think incest has much to do with one's moral standings.

The essence did find her attractive, but she's still young and emotional. Minnie released her anger in that moment, but she didn't cause too much harm...poor little thing...got sliced up...

As for Mandy's influence, so far we've seen Mandy training Minnie and telling her to take action before asking questions. For me, Minnie's morals can survive that.

I just think she has the highest chance, not that she actually will use it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:22 pm

I think out of all the options shown so far she has the most potential yes. If they bring in a new character just to use the sword then they better have been referenced (somehow) earlier on and like, the most awesome character ever, to survive the backlash of bullshit writing.

I had an idea, I am not sure I mentioned it already. What are the chances that Chi will be killed by the sword in a super sudden unexpected way, while protecting Mimi from Minnie perhaps.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Introducing a random new character without warning? GT? Naaaaa.

I feel like in such a situation, Chi would be 'purified', heavily hinting towards her origins.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:29 pm

But would it result in freeing Blossoms ghost or Chi's soul? Would Chi be gone forever? In the whole of Samurai Jack, not once was there the implication that Aku would leave behind a soul. So my guess is Chi would be destroyed and Blossom would be free.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:17 pm

What you just said Ari has me thinking about what if Blossom's soul took hold over Chi's body if only temporarily?

Postby Sigmas » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:18 pm

An idea that had crossed my mind as well. Though it may just wind up with her getting various images and moments from Blossom's memory.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!