Definitely should have taken the cannon

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Definitely should have taken the cannon

Postby Exodis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:45 am

ogram wrote:you know its funny how some times these forums are more interesting then comics we talk about

Trust me, it is.
It always makes me glum when I see lots of members just stay on Snafu just for the comics and not to explore the forum itself. It's an awesome place, and I hope everyone explores the rest of this site. If you don't like the rest of this site and just want to stay for the comics, then that's fine by me. The only thing I'm telling you is you're missing out on some good times.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Havoc » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:56 am

ogram wrote:you know its funny how some times these forums are more interesting then comics we talk about

You my friend, have yet to experience the magnificent glory, that is the rest of the forums.    I would stay out of spam if I were you.   

The Creator wrote:Wow I just realized that the ogre thing from before either means the emoticon he used or some split personality.

I kinda wish he wouldn't do that. It bothers me a bit.

As for this whole GT/PpGD debate. I still greatly prefer PpGD over GT. This whole thing with introducing the heroes as adults, and just killing them off without exploring them, has left a really bad taste in my mouth. This thing with Chi also did help either. If GT switched focus away from Chi, I might feel at least a little better about it. But I agree with Crimson, the story seems to drag its ass, which it annoying considering how many loose ends there are.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ogram » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:03 am

i think ill make these forums my new home
I dont have the gratest ideas or grammar (sorry) but the shit i say can make a lot of sense.
im everyones Papa

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:03 am

@ Randori
Agreed, from what I've seen throughout lurking in the other sections such as RP and Spam, there is plenty liveliness stroodled about.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:01 am

When I first joined I was worried that this place would be too big. It still feels big but also kind of empty, if you don't mind my saying. Especially recently

Blood Lord wrote:
Randori wrote:Trust me, I have difficulty trying to understand sarcasm at times.
But, as a wise man once said,
wise man wrote:Read the sentence in the voice of Dr. House and you'll know if it's sarcasm.

RANDORI, YOU REMEMBERED!
It is no good. In my mind you sound like Rarity now. I can't remember the old voice.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Drago2552 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:16 am

Mind blown. Chi is pissed out of her mind. Now I wouldn't how jr. Is going to deal with this.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:50 am

ari-6 wrote:When I first joined I was worried that this place would be too big. It still feels big but also kind of empty, if you don't mind my saying. Especially recently

Blood Lord wrote:
Randori wrote:Trust me, I have difficulty trying to understand sarcasm at times.
But, as a wise man once said,
wise man wrote:Read the sentence in the voice of Dr. House and you'll know if it's sarcasm.

RANDORI, YOU REMEMBERED!
It is no good. In my mind you sound like Rarity now. I can't remember the old voice.

How can you not remember Dr. House's voice? I haven't seen the show in 3years and i can still read Blood Lord's post in his voice. It is just one of those things that are hard to forget, especially when he was kinda a jerk in the show.(he was a jerk)
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:57 am

A sexy jerk.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:59 am

Drago2552 wrote:Mind blown. Chi is pissed out of her mind. Now I wouldn't how jr. Is going to deal with this.

Chi is going to chase down Jr to kick his ass in, Jr running around being chased by Chi wondering wth is going on trips up in someway and ends up at the mercy of Chi, and just when Chi's about to kick ass Mimi intervenes again for Jr. To me this is going to happen in one way or another, im not particularly sure how she going to get into the castle seeing as there are a number of way Chi can gain entry weather through sneaky, aggressive, or diplomatic means.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:03 am

Whether*
Slow down there, you just said Chi's going to Chi xD
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby tonightscake » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:03 am

Havoc wrote:You my friend, have yet to experience the magnificent glory, that is the rest of the forums.    I would stay out of spam if I were you.   

Woah, I grew up in the spam, man!
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:30 am

Havoc wrote:As for this whole GT/PpGD debate. I still greatly prefer PpGD over GT. This whole thing with introducing the heroes as adults, and just killing them off without exploring them, has left a really bad taste in my mouth. This thing with Chi also did help either. If GT switched focus away from Chi, I might feel at least a little better about it. But I agree with Crimson, the story seems to drag its ass, which it annoying considering how many loose ends there are.

If it were to be like how manga's work then all the loose ends would eventually be covered, but seeing that this doesn't have professional writers I don't think it will happen. Sometimes when watching anime I sometimes thinks it drags a bit, but I'm not bothered by it, so I try to do that with the comics too.

I don't know if animes are only made after the manga's first arc or season has been published, but I really would like to see it eventually airing on television. Maybe some flaws made in the past could be corrected etc. because I would really watch it, not that its going to happen though.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby shadownerd221 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:40 am

I must have missed a lot in this forum.

Demongo can't calm her down one bit can he?

Postby IcyBoomer » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:45 am

Panty shots...it's always worth it.
Darkness is Light

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:39 pm

ok looking back a couple pages I have to wonder about something that caught my attention. What if Minnie is able to become the sword's new master? To me she seems like the most likely candidate for the sword so far even though she's more of a archer rather than a sword person, and i don't think Mandy can actually use the sword other wise Aku wouldn't be as chill as he is right now.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:50 pm

If you look back a couple threads, you can also find the discussion for it :3
I also think Minnie has the highest chance, mainly because she was sent to Heaven.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:If it were to be like how manga's work then all the loose ends would eventually be covered,
It is just my opinion but I think that depends on the writer
Darkingdomhearts wrote: but seeing that this doesn't have professional writers I don't think it will happen.
Personally I think that many manga have had pretty poor story lines, also I don't see why an amateur writer can't be as good or better than a professional.
Darkingdomhearts wrote: I don't know if animes are only made after the manga's first arc or season has been published, but I really would like to see it eventually airing on television. Maybe some flaws made in the past could be corrected etc. because I would really watch it, not that its going to happen though.
I think many people here would watch it but It seems like the chance for Bleeds style to appear on animated broadcast has passed sadly.

Also the plural of anime and manga are anime and manga

Sorry about that, it was pretty childish of me in hindsight.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Anime and manga can have many possible origins, including each other. I believe Sword Art Online, for example, started as a Light Novel, and became a manga after the anime (I could be wrong, though).

Do you really think Mimi likes Junior (as anything more than a chew toy)? It also looks like Minnie would like to murder the boy -- you know, if the Son of Death could die (this makes things more dangerous and painful for Junior, not less, since Minnie would be less likely to hold back knowing she can't kill him).

I think Chi's angry for a slightly different reason. I believe that she's just come to realize that she was created from Blossom's soul as a result of HIM manipulating Mimi into murdering her. Not only does this create more conflict as someone with Mimi's mother's memories (who would want to protect Mimi from harm), but Chi may begin to wonder if her love for Mimi is actually motherly love, at least in origin -- assuming, of course, she recovered more than just the one memory. And all that just from looking at a picture of Blossom holding human!Mimi.

It makes me wonder what else we can dig up.

So the question, if this theory regarding Chi's origin proves correct, is what part Aku plays in the re-shaping of the part of Blossom's soul that became Chi.
Last edited by Xi-1 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Page Flipper

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:38 pm

I'm amazed at how many people are taking credit for the "Chi was made out of segments/pieces of Blossom's soul" as if it was their own.

Last time I open my mouth.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:46 pm

lol
What happened was you mentioned it. A handful of people thought of it a couple months afterwards, and few others 'added' a detail.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:55 pm

I was pointing to the possibility that this knowledge could change Chi's outlook on her relationship with Mimi (she wants to be lovers, but she's also apparently one of her parents. Awkwardness abounds!) Then again, Chi is a supernatural being, and as with Aku she probably does not have to stick with a physical form, or even gender, so being formed from Blossom's soul may not bother her at all.

In which case she's being straightforwardly pissed off about what HIM has done to Mimi.

I do remember theories being posted that Chi was formed from Blossom's soul. But just in case, sorry: I've removed my hands from the theory altogether.
A Page Flipper

Postby ogram » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:08 pm

This may be off topic but ware the hell is billy during all this, and if i rember he is immortal just like mandy.
I dont have the gratest ideas or grammar (sorry) but the shit i say can make a lot of sense.
im everyones Papa

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:10 pm

I personally don't find it too farfetched to see everyone coming to the exact same conclusion at the same time. In fact this shit has happened to me like ten times in the past ten pages. I tend to stay out of the loop on discussion, so whenever I want to bring my theories up people already said "Someone already brought that up." Or in this case "Blood Lord already brought that up."

Kind of makes me realize that this comic may not be that hard to read ahead, a lot of people may be wanting to hitch onto other peoples' theories, sure, but in my case the echoing and making it sound like "my idea" is mostly because I haven't been in the loop and I miss a lot. Sure, Blood Lord was there first, but I still got there on my own. :roll:

Also I am still latched onto the idea that Chi may still be a 1:1 version of Demon Blossom, but I guess we'll find out, won't we?
ogram wrote:This may be off topic but ware the hell is billy during all this, and if i rember he is immortal just like mandy.
He was sent to heaven once, then he was sent to hell, then he was sent to Purgatory in an afterlife of his own design where he plays with all of his friends forever.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Birdofterror wrote:I personally don't find it too farfetched to see everyone coming to the exact same conclusion at the same time. In fact this shit has happened to me like ten times in the past ten pages. I tend to stay out of the loop on discussion, so whenever I want to bring my theories up people already said "Someone already brought that up." Or in this case "Blood Lord already brought that up."

Problem is I remember him bringing it up well before a second person mentioned, hinted or showed any signs of such an idea.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Has anyone brought up the emotional implications of this discovery to Chi before? The awkwardness the knowledge could bring into their relationship, I mean. That, not the oft-spoken of origin story, is my main focus for my post, although the emotional aspect depends entirely upon the origin story -- as well as whether it actually causes Chi to feel any awkwardness toward Mimi as a result. Based on her fury and that she's injuring Demo, I would say that Blossom's memories are not changing Chi's personality to be more like the former. Chi will likely remain dominant, even if a significant portion of Blossom's soul was used to create her. Oh, but that's a theory for another time.

[goes back to thinking about Mimi ohm-nom-nomming on Junior's head like Sadamaru (Gintama).]
A Page Flipper

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!