Triumphs From Fear

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Triumphs From Fear

Postby Sig Skellington » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Au contraire, mon ami...
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:07 am

I really keep hoping we'll have a "HOLY SHIT!" moment. Something dark, unforeseen, and really shocking that knocks us off our feet. Like someone getting mutilated; blood everywhere.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:10 am

Like say... someone getting ripped apart by a giant robot?

Or someone being stabbed multiple times by their telekinetic daughter?

Wrong comic.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:20 am

Someone had too many tabs on and posted in the wrong thread/comic...
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:12 am

Blood Lord wrote:Like say... someone getting ripped apart by a giant robot?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Is that actually Dee Dee? The blonde looks very different.

I am both shocked and puzzled at the amount of fear coming off of Blossom and Buttercup: aren't these two of the three girls who proved themselves to be extremely resilient by being bashed, smashed, and tossed about during their entire stay in Townsville? So why the fear over a sword and some tentacles? Come to think of it, all three girls seem to be severely downpowered from the feats they managed in the original material. Did they lose some of their power when they gained noses, necks, fingers, and toes? I'm not buying it; it must be simply for the sake of the Almighty Plot.

I've not got the time at the moment to check to see whether Jack has had the opportunity or reason to explain how his sword works in the presence of either the Girls or Sam -- and how would that come up without someone evil trying to use it anyway? So far Sam has used it to slice apart inanimate objects, but hasn't used it to cut anyone, right? I am therefore going to assume no intel on the sword, especially after BR's comment regarding the revelation of its nature -- it woudn't be shocking otherwise.

As to acting of its own accord and a moral loophole, I have been hanging onto this idea of the sword's backlash since, I think, the first page of this thread: knowing how little Sam cares about herself and her general attitude of the past couple pages (slightly nihilistic to active pursuit of causing anguish in others), I do not doubt that the sword will consider her to be 'evil.' Blossom, meanwhile, is trying to protect those around her from a perceived threat (plus she's made of Sugar, Spice, Everything Nice, and Chemical X), so the sword should see her as 'good.' The machine part of Sam may confuse the issue to the point where the sword may not perceive her as 'alive,' even if it does see her as 'evil.' We've seen Jack carve up plenty of robots and cyborgs with the blade, so it only seems natural for me, at least, to assume that the sword will work on Sam.

So what if, in backlashing off of Blossom, it severely injures or kills Sam with the force and killing intent she intended to use on Blossom? The further moral issue comes in the form that when they can avoid it, heroes, do not kill the villains, instead allowing for the capture in the name of justice. If Sam got killed because of Blossom, I suspect this would have an impact on the latter, even though they were enemies. When, after all, have the Girls even intended on killing anyway?

All of this being said, with the Girls I find it unlikely that a sword will be the deciding factor as to who wins and who sets the bomb off. More likely it would be the abilities of those currently in the confrontation (I do not foresee any interference from the outside as possible). All the same, since she is studying under Jack, it would be nice to see his sword in Buttercup's hands. And then the discipline Jack has been trying to instil within her will be truly tested.
A Page Flipper

Postby Sig Skellington » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Xi-1 wrote:Is that actually Dee Dee? The blonde looks very different.
Bleed's art style has changed considerably since we last saw Dee Dee, so it's no surprise that she would look a bit different.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Not to mention the blue spacial background.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Misery Chord » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:52 am

I'm starting to think the unexpected events will be that GIR will see Sam as a priority hostile who could cause harm to Bell. GIR would then integrate the sword in his attack patterns and use it against Sam. After all, since GIR is in full combat mode, he can neither judge good nor evil so he would have no moral fallibility.

...well that's crazy, but its what I have.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Not to mention Gir's mission atm seems to be protect Bell.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!