Definitely should have taken the cannon

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Definitely should have taken the cannon

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Megadon wrote:5. And by time all is said and done Mimi will either get her powers back or want to stay with Jr. While Chi will have new respect for Jr. but warn him to protect MIMI or she'll kill him.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Megadon wrote:Okay I said how I like the update, but now to get serious.
heh

I think in a page or 2, it'll cut away from Chi.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:17 pm

you know the more i read GT the more i feel like im watching Naruto or One Piece. Not to bring down GT or anything but it just seems to me like it drags its feet when trying to get to the point.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Sigment » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Ya don't say...?

IMO, GT and PpGD have a kind of "yin and yang" thing going between the ideas of quantity and quality. GT has one and lacks the other, and vice versa for PpGD. 'Course, that's just how I see it.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Guardian » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Nah, I feel about that way as well.

I don't know if that's just because one is setting up for the climax and the other is in it, or if it has to do with the writers.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:42 pm

My opinion is probably the exact opposite of both of your own. I prefer GT because it does not take itself too seriously, I feel. Also I far prefer the cast of GT to PPGD, not including JR. Looking back I remember when I really enjoyed PPGD on hated GT. I know it is no ones fault but I feel that shortly after the start of the fight scene at the science fair, my opinion of it went down. And my opinion of GT went up with the WhAM chapter.

I feel like I have not really talked about either in a while but I kind of feel like there has not been much to talk about, if you don't mind my saying.

I know it has been said before that Bleed likes GT more that PPGD but can anyone think of a reason why that might be?
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby DarkKing » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:03 pm

I've always liked GT more than PPGD, I think the world in GT is a lot more interesting. There are so many mysteries that have yet to be unraveled and I'm a sucker for cool villains like HIM.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Him in the original PPG definitely wasn't at all favored by me at first because i never really took in the culture that created PPG. But later on he somewhat grew on me but the one thing i could never get over was how creepy he looked (i honestly thought he was a hermaphrodite). With GT Bleedman completely renewed my outlook towards Him and actually made Him seemingly badass beyond how i first looked at him in the original PPG.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:21 pm

@ari
According to a few, and myself now...Bleed prefers GT just because he likes drawing it more

@Dark
I think it's been mentioned a few times that they made stuff up on the spot, meaning we may not necessarily see an explanation for everything.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:50 pm

ari-6 wrote:I feel like I have not really talked about either in a while but I kind of feel like there has not been much to talk about, if you don't mind my saying.

There hasn't been much to talk about with either. So you aren't alone there.

Tenshi Nova wrote:@ari
According to a few, and myself now...Bleed prefers GT just because he likes drawing it more

tbh, I wonder if its that or something else. Like one being easier to work on than the other.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby DarkKing » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:@ari

@Dark
I think it's been mentioned a few times that they made stuff up on the spot, meaning we may not necessarily see an explanation for everything.

Dang it... If you'll excuse me I'll go find corner to cry in now :'(. But seriously I hope they at least answer the mystery behind the nergal demons that was hinted at. Also I'm still hoping Bleed recycles the Basilicans because they sounded cool from what I read on the wiki. He could make them HIM's underlings.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby ogram » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:34 pm

well since im new and my thought will be irrelevant for a while till i get the hang of things, I believe both comics thow they have there fault are well made, Thus the reson for the large amount fans. and on that note i prefer GT
I dont have the gratest ideas or grammar (sorry) but the shit i say can make a lot of sense.
im everyones Papa

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:37 pm

The fact you're new has nothing to do with the relevance of your posts. Some posts get ignored, even the older member's posts, but spelling and grammar helps.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ogram » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:The fact you're new has nothing to do with the relevance of your posts. Some posts get ignored, even the older member's posts, but spelling and grammar helps.

then im out of luck
I dont have the gratest ideas or grammar (sorry) but the shit i say can make a lot of sense.
im everyones Papa

Postby Tuor » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Or you could work on your spelling and grammar, shrug
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby ari-6 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Blood Lord wrote:tbh, I wonder if its that or something else. Like one being easier to work on than the other.

I was hesitant to say this but being the creator of both, Bleed sees the two from a different perspective to us. Creating them he probably has very strong feelings for both, and not to mention he knows what is to happen a chapter or two ahead. Maybe the reason he works on GT more is because he likes the story better. Or the setting, or the characters or maybe it is just more fun to make.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Also most all of the central characters of Grim Tales are original people. Minnie, Mimi, Jr, Chi, and whoever else i missed. In PPG, almost everyone has already been made and has to somewhat resemble the original version.

My opinion is GT, just because of Mimi and Him are two of the biggest badasses i have ever seen. And the negral demon is also funny
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Guardian » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Dr. Mandalor wrote: most all of the central characters of Grim Tales are original people. Minnie, Mimi, Jr, Chi, and whoever else i missed.

Well, they aren't completely Bleedman OCs either. In fact, Grim Tales wasn't even his idea. He got that from someone else on DA that involved Grim marrying Mandy and having Jr and Minnie.

The idea behind Chi, isn't completely Bleedman OC either, I'm not sure of the character herself.

Mimi MIGHT be a Bleed OC like Bell, but I'd have to check.

ari-6 wrote:I was hesitant to say this but being the creator of both, Bleed sees the two from a different perspective to us.

He doesn't run them though. He might have kick started the intitial idea, but we all know that he doesn't write them anymore.

Semper Vigilans

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:26 pm

if anybody asks why Bleedman likes working on GT more than PPGD i think part of the answer is written in the rules of this forum.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:30 pm

Grim Junior wasn't Bleed's OC. Neither was Minimandy.

Mimi was included into the story through the concept art of "her" a long time ago. I remember the situation vividly, but not the details. Chi was also not Bleedman's Either, although I think some of the design decisions for her are.

One thing to note about Minimandy however, I don't think she had a human form variant in concept art, so I think Human Minnie may be Bleedman OC, not to mention the entire storyline surrounding their lineage and connection to Nergal Powers are 100% original.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Megadon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:32 pm

He may not right them anymore but he does some kick-ass artwork. 8)
:? I on the other hand am the opposite. I have a good story but my drawing sucks. o.O
So that's why I enjoy both PPGD and GT, because even if he doesn't do the story at least it's nice to know there are Artist who will do a good story.
Now Darkking as for the Basilicans things from GT:AB I doubt he'll re-use one. Because remember the Basilicans were hunted to extinction, and the one Drax use he revived and rebuilt. So I think that's if for them unless Drax comes back with an army of them.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby daviso452 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:39 pm

An important thing for people to consider is the fact that these are all fully fleshed-out pages of artwork. While there is very little in this in terms of story content, the final panel with Chi in rage was fantastically Drawn. I could have done without the panty shot, however the way her horns transform, her eyebrow fire blazes, her hair thrashes around like whips in the front and a wave in the back, the spiked tendrils, shreds of cloth, and finally the hell-fire background is all incredibly well drawn. I would have almost considered sharing it with some of my friends, were it not for the blatant panty shot that would make me look like a pedophile.

Seriously though, I feel really weird ever time I come back on snafu. If it was Mandy, or Blossom when she was alive, or hell even female Aku. Those are the fun parts. The adult women, not the children.

Postby Megadon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Truthfully I didn't care about the panty shot. I've watched enough anime and other things that shall not be mentioned to the point that I'm decensortized to panty shots of all ages. But that is a good point the art on the Enraged Chi or Death Stare Chi as i call it, was absolutely well done. You can really feel the killer intent in the stare and the anger behind it. Again Bleed does amazing artwork. Truthfully if either PPGD or GT were to become TV series I wouldn't miss a single second. And you can still show your friends the page, just say you didn't notice; because truthfully I didn't notice until I went back and looked at it a second time. And trust there are things a lot worse then a demon girl panty shot.
Last edited by Megadon on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby The Creator » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:52 pm

That reminds me, I know Bleed's been called a pedo but I feel as though there is something lacking whenever he draws the adult women. Is it that his heart just isn't in it or am I just spouting crap?

also this picture reminded me http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ybb ... 1_1280.jpg

Is that really Chi when she is furious, or will she start looking even more like Aku (sharp teeth for example). I am really looking forward to whatever fight she is in.
Last edited by The Creator on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Megadon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:56 pm

That's because if you notice, he puts the adult women in sexy positions/situations/outfits/moments, while most of the time it's either a nurturing or dominating position. He seem Pedo-ish but he actually respects women. Go back and look at all his pictures of adult women and you'll see. :|
Just look at the adult Mandy pics, if she's not dominating, she's sexy and vis versa.
Last edited by Megadon on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm cured, mostly.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!