Triumphs From Fear

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Triumphs From Fear

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:23 pm

And I think every update for the last month it's been mentioned.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:20 pm

It's just... there's something wrong with the idea that the sword can't hurt Blossom or Buttercup. It's been predicted that the sword won't have an effect on them since Sam first stole it from Jack. That concept has been seen from well over a mile away. But everything else BR has been doing, we've been having a hellish time with, like the bomb for example.

So would BR have something this easy to see for this long, or is this just how the chips fell and he went with it?

Personally, I'd like to give the man a bit more credit than that and guess that something else is going on. This just seems too easy for these comics to say the sword won't have an effect on them.

Postby tonightscake » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sam might just be distracting them for Gir to activate the bomb. He still technically works for Dr. X, right? So he probably knew an error like this might happen and instructed Gir (his Sir personality complex that is) to make sure it goes off, even with his sacrafice. If it's any coincidence, when Dexter scans the bomb's impact zone (strip "Otto Time") there are only 4 points of interest; Bell, Buttercup, Blossom and the bomb. It may be that he can only see their power levels or life force or something, but it could also just be showing people/objects in general meaning that both Sam and Gir are either dead or just gone.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Tuor » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:28 pm

You should edit something into the first post of all comic threads that have to do with jack's sword about how it is known it can't hurt innocent or good people or whatever
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby rac7d » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:09 pm

I just noticed that Sam is back in control her speech has sounds like her standard self, though her text font changes in every page I never sure how to imgagine her giginv the line excpet for a for the given bloodthirsty angrish.

2 more weeks and we will finallt see what the sword does!!!! Unless a brick gets droped...

Postby Havoc » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:23 am

rac7d wrote:I just noticed that Sam is back in control her speech has sounds like her standard self,

Her text looks pretty much the same way it did right around the time when she first entered that room, except this time around, it's not enclosed a speech-bubble. Further more, there hasn't been any solid evidence that indicates she's being controlled in anyway, just speculation.

tonightscake wrote:So he probably knew an error like this might happen and instructed Gir (his Sir personality complex that is) to make sure it goes off, even with his sacrafice. If it's any coincidence, when Dexter scans the bomb's impact zone (strip "Otto Time") there are only 4 points of interest; Bell, Buttercup, Blossom and the bomb. It may be that he can only see their power levels or life force or something, but it could also just be showing people/objects in general meaning that both Sam and Gir are either dead or just gone.

The thing is, when Dexter made she scan the first time (in the pageJust Du It), Gir didn't show up there either. It could be that Gir just doesn't register on Dexter's scanner for some reason.

Blood Lord wrote:It's just... there's something wrong with the idea that the sword can't hurt Blossom or Buttercup. It's been predicted that the sword won't have an effect on them since Sam first stole it from Jack. That concept has been seen from well over a mile away. But everything else BR has been doing, we've been having a hellish time with, like the bomb for example.

So would BR have something this easy to see for this long, or is this just how the chips fell and he went with it?

Personally, I'd like to give the man a bit more credit than that and guess that something else is going on. This just seems too easy for these comics to say the sword won't have an effect on them.

I almost thought about the possibility that Sam somehow already knows about the moral restrictions of Jack's sword, but she's already tried to use it on Blossom and one of the MIB, unless she's just playing it up, but I severely doubt it.

Right now, my money's on the sword not harming Blossom on the next page, because of what BR said: :down:

BeeAre wrote:The important part will be what happens after the sword's nature is revealed.

I think the next page will be the moment when "the sword's nature is revealed". Sometime after that, might be the grand twist in which you speak of. I had another idea, but it's pretty fucking absurd.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:39 am

some of you are thinking a bit too hard about the sword's motives and nature. If there is any modicum of moral fallibility in the person trying to use the sword, it won't work as a weapon. That's the easy part.

The hard part is coming. It will be when the sword, through no fault of its own, acts of its own accord.

I will be interested in what you guys have to say about that sentence, especially when you eventually understand what that sentence means, haha.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby tonightscake » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:00 pm

Three possibilities I'm seeing...
1. The sword starts flying about and dives into Sam while a heroic theme plays and a jolly laugh is released from the sword.
2. The sword changes its weight or properties to cause Sam to cut/kill herself or give Blossom time to escape or counterstrike.
3. The sword fuses with Sam's mecha body and either destroys her or takes control of her body.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:09 pm

I feel like this thread officially died with that post.

Please explain how any of those option can come true.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Hmm, through no fault of its own huh?
If it's acting of its own accord, then that just means that it's working when it chooses to work right?
So, maybe Blossom (or Buttercup) steal the sword and use it?
Or maybe, while Blossom/Buttercup and Sam are struggling with the sword, the sword gets plunged into Sam by accident?
Or maybe Sam uses the sword on herself (to test its strength, or perhaps accidentally stabs herself(as cake said)) [But, this one is a bit confusing since the sword shouldn't work as a weapon since she is wielding it right? Then again, it wouldn't be the sword's fault if she did try to use it on herself and it did work...]

Then I'm reminded of Bell. How does she get from her current position to Sam's position?
In the second scan, Bell appears to be standing in the spot that Sam is currently standing.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:34 pm

Well, when something acts of its "own accord". It means its causing agreement, or bringing in harmony.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/of+own+accord

To further this, it acts on its own without being asked. For example, say that normally your room is fairly messy and everytime a parent tells you to do it, you kinda do, but eventually everyone gives up on the matter. Now you would cause some surprise if you decided to get up and clean your own room by your own accord.
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/of+own+accord

So the sword the acts by itself to perform a action necessary for its involvement in the creation of harmony. I don't think its going to suddenly fly up and attack someone. If so, then I'm done with this comic.

But lets look a little bit more into it. So the sword, "through no fault of its own, acts of its own accord." I just explained what the second part of that meant, but lets look at the first now. The sword isn't going to be blamed, but will work without persuasion. I'm guessing here that it will follow the nature of what it is meant to do.

So its not going to be its fault for acting on its own to bring balance and harmony to the universal policies.

Postby tonightscake » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:11 pm

I thought the theme music and heroic laughter was enough to show my sarcasm for the first possibility. The others were just random thoughts that I felt like throwing out there.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Havoc » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:10 am

I'm not so sure about the sword "bring balance and harmony to the universal policies", but so far, here's what we have to go on:

-Someone in the room makes a mistake.

-There's a "moral loophole" involved with the sword somehow.

-The sword, through no fault of its own, acts of its own accord.

That's all I can come up with ATM. Not much to go on, imo. The thing I keep coming back to, is one of the PPG, accidentally uses the sword on the other one, and the sword for what ever reason, successfully causes damage to it's target. Another thought I had, was that one of the Powerpuffs simply uses the sword on Samantha, or it could also end up going through Sam and hitting Buttercup/Blossom too. That's all I got.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:21 am

It's... possible that the sword sets the bomb off?

Maybe the sword detects Grim, Deedee and Naga and goes to them or something. A lot of things could happen with a sword with a mind of its own. I mean, we've already heard that it's Possible that this sword can harm "innocents" under incredibly precise circumstances, now that it's been confirmed to have a mind of its own, it will be just that much harder to know what it's going to do.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:24 pm

I remember when this use to be fun. Now its just... well, "meh" is the nicest word I can think of. I'm tired of all this "bomb" here and "sword" there stuff.

Continue if you want to talk about it, I'm not saying you can't. Just posting my feelings about it.

Postby tonightscake » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:36 pm

I'm guessing it's because we have so little to go off of that we're exhausting any and all possibilities that we can about what is going to happen. In the end they'll all probably be wrong anyway, but it's just a bit more exciting when things are more certain and there's more evidence for theories and such.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:06 pm

It's just all of it keeps repeating and going back on itself. We've got nothing new on anything to push any of the ideas and theories forward. HOPEFULLY the next page will destroy that pattern and at least give us something new to work with or cross off something as being confirmed.

Postby The Creator » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:59 am

Well if anything, the next page will answer our questions about the nature of the sword... I don't know how long this flashback will last but I think anymore information on the bomb would probably limited to who sets it off. We'll probably have to wait until this arc ends before we find out what it does.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Exodis » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:19 am

Blood Lord wrote:I remember when this use to be fun. Now its just... well, "meh" is the nicest word I can think of. I'm tired of all this "bomb" here and "sword" there stuff.

Continue if you want to talk about it, I'm not saying you can't. Just posting my feelings about it.

Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Havoc » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:25 am

Cheer-up, fellas. Perhaps the next page will give us some insight and clue us in on some of this troublesome matters, and even give us something new to talk about.
Last edited by Havoc on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:27 am

I hope so.
That bitch Sam better fucking die the next page to end all the theories these past few threads.
LET IT ALL END, MAN!
... well not all, but some to keep most of us sane again.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby tonightscake » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:23 am

This seems like the perfect time to introduce Sam's extraordinarily long back story, right!? - The trolling of Bleedman/BR.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:26 am

Bleedman...rrriiiiiiiiiiight...
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:53 pm

It would not surprise me.

Piss me off to the point of rage quitting, perhaps.

Postby tonightscake » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:56 pm

C'mon Blordy, you couldn't rage quit from PpGD for too long.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!