Triumphs From Fear

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Triumphs From Fear

Postby Shygirl » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:43 pm

blossom just shoot Sam in the face with your laser eye beams or something :evil:

Postby Tuor » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Edit your previous post, don't double post, thanks
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby adrimiz7 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:08 pm

If I recall properly, doesn't Jack's katana not work against the pure hearted?? There was an episode when Aku tried stabbing him with it and it bounced off his chest.

Postby Tuor » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Yes, that has been discussed many times, check the previous page, there's been much conversation about the sword and whether it will work
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Drago2552 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:04 am

Well since blossom is the perfect girl she will be fine. I know that this is a reference to grim tales but buttercup might loss an eye from this fight.

Postby Crelious » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:32 am

I'm clinching my teeth so my heads gonna explode! What is with blossom and this bad luck?
:brickwall:
in every we find dear present, i find nothing of value

Heed my word, Oh divine Saber and strike down all that oppose my will!
Tonitrui Ensem: Horrendum chorea!

You will know true suffering, until your bitter end!!

Postby Havoc » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:03 am

I too am glad to hear that Bleed is okay after that typhoon.

Crelious wrote:I'm clinching my teeth so my heads gonna explode! What is with blossom and this bad luck?
:brickwall:

What are you talking about?

Drago2552 wrote:Well since blossom is the perfect girl she will be fine. I know that this is a reference to grim tales but buttercup might loss an eye from this fight.

GT And PpGD aren't connected, Buttercup will not lose her eye.

Blood Lord wrote:I want to think that the sword won't work for the reasons we have listed, but the Aku usage was evil manifested using the sword against a good samurai. The sword might work on Blossom just because Sam isn't "evil" enough.

Or the intentions behind the action are evil enough that it won't work.

So you're saying that the sword didn't work for Aku because of "what he was", not because of "what he intended to do with it"? I think I might have come up with that idea before (I think). However, If the GT mechanics are anything to go by, then I don't think the sword will harm Blossom, since Mandy was human, yet she couldn't use it.

Honestly, I'm hoping Blossom won't have another out-of-body experience, since that already happened. I would prefer it if Buttercup had a near death experience this time around (maybe).
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby firefang15 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:08 am

and then the RRB save the day

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:10 am

I hope that's sarcasm.

@ Havoc:
I'm guessing that, yes. But I'm also not closed off to the idea of the intent part. That intent part could be how the sword judges good from evil.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sigment » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:24 am

Havoc wrote:However, If the GT mechanics are anything to go by, then I don't think the sword will harm Blossom, since Mandy was human, yet she couldn't use it.

Two different writers, so unless there's collaboration on this subject, I wouldn't use GT to predict the sword's behavior here.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Shradow » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:05 am

Man, the way the eyes are drawn on Blossom in the third panel makes what has got to be the most fearful look I've ever seen.

Postby Havoc » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:09 am

Really? Because I sorta thought they looked lifeless and blank.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Two different writers, so unless there's collaboration on this subject, I wouldn't use GT to predict the sword's behavior here.

I guess you sorta have a point. However, my money's still on "Jack's sword won't kill Blossom".

Blood Lord wrote:Hopefully the next page will put to rest that age long debate we've been having.

So we can at least get something answered.

I really, really, hope so. I mean, the blades right there for Christ sakes.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:14 am

On the subject of her eyes, you guys need a bit more anime in your lives :3

Jack's sword becoming important factors in both comics around the same time. So much debate about it. Could just be me, but I think the writers of both would've discussed the subject before. I'm still open to the off chance that the sword's function is based off of decisions of spirits.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:17 am

ah I can clearly see that bleedman really liked making this page.

also as another filipino, im glad that the storm dissipated before our area where we were supposed to get hit as well(and we nearly had another 1 just yesterday).
cant say the same for other places though, gonna be doing some donations for them.

Postby Sigment » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:27 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:On the subject of her eyes, you guys need a bit more anime in your lives :3

I know the eyes are meant to imply fear, but that doesn't change the fact that they look creepy in comparison to her eyes' normal appearance.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:31 am

I meant it as a sense of exposure.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:33 am

Had a feeling, didn't care.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Angel71090 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:41 pm

Annnd the dumb android (Cyborg? I don't know.) just signed her own bloody death warrent. You'd think after she saw how ballistic Bell went when Blossom threatened GIR that she would be smart enough to not make the same damn mistake. Isn't to do something over and over again expecting different results the definition of insanity...oh right, she is insane. Nevermind. Anyway I need to get some popcorn, I want it for when I watch Bell tear that tin can hussy apart. :P
And here is where i would put my awesome Signature...IF I HAD ONE!
SPOON

Postby UZF34 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:25 am

Samantha is in for a big surprise. Too bad she doesn't know what I do about Jack's sword! lol

:down: SPOILER ALERT! :down:

Blossom isn't in any life-threatening danger from that blade, since it can only hurt those who have darkness in their hearts and is harmless to people with good intentions! :D

EDIT:
adrimiz7 wrote:If I recall properly, doesn't Jack's katana not work against the pure hearted?? There was an episode when Aku tried stabbing him with it and it bounced off his chest.

You are correct sir!
Last edited by Blood Lord on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not double post on the site. As this is a fourm and not a chat room, you can use the edit button, located in the top part of your post.

Postby Havoc » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:32 am

First off, welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay, read the rules, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Secondly, please don't double post, if you want to add more content, use the Edit button.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:40 am

UZF34 wrote: :down: SPOILER ALERT! :down:
Blossom isn't in any life-threatening danger from that blade, since it can only hurt those who have darkness in their hearts and is harmless to people with good intentions! :D

Already been discussed, so... not technically a spoiler. c:

Welcome to the forums, newcomer! Enjoy your stay.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:11 am

Edit button is at the top right of your posts. Also, there's a spoiler tag option. Example:    Spoiler   
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Light10s » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:48 am

I send my regards to Bleeedman for his safety and asks that he doesn't over exert himself in drawing, the shock of surviving a hurricane is not so easily forgotten so please take care. :)

On a second note, I'm going to say thins now so i don't forget. I'm writing my own book of cartoon/nick/disney/dc. But It's not going to be published or seen online it's just like saying "i'm going to take your ideas and publish my own book to the world!". No, that's a line i don't ever want to cross, but i do want someone to show some interest in it. If you are interested about the context or plot i can created a thread that talks a little about and .......well i'll see and ..... yeah you do or you don't no one is saying other wise.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:56 am

I think the second part of your post will be better received here, viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6284
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:42 pm

You know, I want that sword to hurt/kill Blossom just to see reactions.

I bet its going to be different because I don't think BR would keep going with it like this. We've all been predicting it, its easy to see. Perhaps this is a freebie on us then, or BR has different views on the workings of the sword and on the situation. Perhaps it will play out as we suspect, or not.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!