Triumphs From Fear

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:00 am

BeeAre: Thank Goodness! Bleedman, as you all know, lives in the Philippines, and they just had a huge typhoon over there! D: I am glad he is okay! That means more comic pages! :D Speaking of: Samantha is getting scary, now! Oh, no! It was hard to title this page without jinxing myself for the potential use of later cool title phrases, but I think this one adequately explains how the tables just got turned in a hurry! So hurry they were flipped! (╯`□´)╯︵ ┻━┻
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Triumphs From Fear

Postby AgentNY003 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:08 am

I have two things to say:
1) Thank God Bleedman is ok. I put
Prayers of him on Facebook.

2) I think Bell might help Blossom and Buttercup. Or who knows maybe Bubbles can strike at any moment.
AgentNY

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:46 am

1) Did not know about the typhoon or where Bleedman lived.
2) Glad he is okay( really I am, not only just because i like these comics way to much)
3) I like your idea of Bubbles jumping in, but i was hoping if Jack(not sure if he is alive) would just show up behind them and say "I would appreciate it if you would return my sword to me" before kicking her but.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:56 am

Bubbles can't be here, she was already shown to be hugging Courage in the lab during the explosion.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby shadownerd221 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:17 am

Glad that Bleedman is ok.

As for Samantha... I am now scared at her murderous intent.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:32 am

That storm looked heavy on the news, glad he survived. Back to the page!

I guess the April Fools page was hinting towards Samantha taking Blossom and threatening to kill her. I like how GIR means the world for Bell, I hope nothing will separate them. And then of course the main question, will Jack's katana be able to slit Blossom's throat?

As for what Agent and Mandalor said. Neither Bubbles, Jack or anyone else seen in the previous chapter can appear because they are cornered by the Cluster and nobody there really can get out and will 'die' in the explosion.

The only ones I can see interfering are Jenny (although chance is small as Nool has her under her control) or Otto (who seems more likely) because he time jumped and maybe went here to stop it.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Lumino » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:57 am

Meh, not too worried. As episode 30 of 'Samurai Jack' taught us, the blade is an empathic weapon. It will not harm the pure of heart.

The only reason I remember this, is because I remember laughing my ass off when Aku's flaming eyebrows puffed out after he tried to stab Jack.

-Lumino

Postby Nina333 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:02 am

I'm glad Bleedman is okay and didn't get hurt in the typhoon. I'm not sure how Buttercup and Blossom are going to get out of their situation. Buttercup and Bell might form a temporary alliance since Samatha threatened to hurt Girly once she is done killing Blossom. Something else completely different might happen. I just can't think of anyone who can come to save Buttercup and Blossom at this moment. Blossom probally won't die since she is way too important in the story.

Postby Misery Chord » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:21 am

We're all glad Bleedman's okay.

I think a lot of the tension in this page is lost since the audience already knows the sword can't hurt Blossom. Of course, it wouldn't stop Samantha from tearing Blossom's throat out, although whether she would actually be strong enough to do so is debatable.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:59 am

Hmm. Interesting.

Not quite what was expected, but neither is it a total surprise. Hopefully the next page will put to rest that age long debate we've been having.

So we can at least get something answered.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:36 am

What if the sword does cut Blossom, what then? Would we all just be sitting here calling bullshit? Nonetheless, I would like to see Bell wind up helping the puffs and Samantha killed. Tying up loose ends and shit since Samantha has made the threat of informing her father of her "cowardice".
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby ru1995ben » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:44 am

1) real glad bleedman is ok
2) Jack's sword doesn't work in the hands of evil people remember the episode where Aku disarmed Jack and tried to stab him with it? the sword bounced back like it was poking diamond so i'm pretty confident blossom won't get hurt by it

Postby jorama » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 am

I'm glad that Vinz is alright, really got worry about him waiting for him to return, keep an eyes on messenger to see him online again :)
very surprise he can work very fast today 2 commissions stuff and 1 webcomic page, guess he is on roll right now

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 pm

YesterdaysLingo wrote:What if the sword does cut Blossom, what then? Would we all just be sitting here calling bullshit? Nonetheless, I would like to see Bell wind up helping the puffs and Samantha killed. Tying up loose ends and shit since Samantha has made the threat of informing her father of her "cowardice".

Not until we have seen a background story of Sam
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Sigment » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:19 pm

ru1995ben wrote:Jack's sword doesn't work in the hands of evil people remember the episode where Aku disarmed Jack and tried to stab him with it? the sword bounced back like it was poking diamond so i'm pretty confident blossom won't get hurt by it

I know everyone keeps bringing this up, I'm just not sure whether or not to trust it to bail the girls out of this situation.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Krest » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:35 pm

There are three ways this could go:

1) The pure of heart way. A person COULD be pure EVIL and still use it, as shown in Young Justice. Aku had doubts - serious doubts. His heart could have wavered. Sam's, on the other hand, is obviously now 100% evil.

2) All ethics are situational. If Sam believes her mission to be "right" and "good" and Blossom's to be "wrong" and "evil", then the sword may work. We know Blossom isn't an "innocent", by the way, since she's defeated - and I believe killed - many throughout her years.

3) Like everyone seems to think, it'll backlash against Sam. Possibly killing or purifying her, if not just plain shutting her mechanical parts down.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Shadow Rider » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:40 pm

LOL XD Anyone who's a Samurai Jack fan knows that sword can't cut anyone who's good. Only a being who is evil can be hurt or destroyed by it.
Capture the soul of night,
Instill into mortal might.
Extinguish the fire,
Rise, the Shadow Rider!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Krest wrote:1) The pure of heart way.

I doubt Sam is going to have a change of heart right now.

Krest wrote:A person COULD be pure EVIL and still use it, as shown in Young Justice.

Was Jack's sword in Young Justice? If not, then you are working with and applying different mechanisms.

Krest wrote: All ethics are situational. If Sam believes her mission to be "right" and "good" and Blossom's to be "wrong" and "evil", then the sword may work.

The sword isn't subjective to the wielder like that or it would always work for "good". The side you stand on is the "good" side, in your mind, and your rival/opponent represents the "evil" side, even if the situation is the opposite.

For example, if the ethics were situational, then Aku could have killed Jack with it. Instead, that didn't happen, showing that the sword has its own parameters of operation and scale of judgement.

Krest wrote:We know Blossom isn't an "innocent", by the way, since she's defeated - and I believe killed - many throughout her years.

The difference is that Blossom fought evil and crime. Sentient death, I think never occurred. Monster deaths, ehh. To put it simply, her actions were justified.

BUT if you want to go with this train of thought you've presented, then neither was Jack. Thus the sword would have worked when Aku was using it against Jack and killed him. He's killed more than his fair share of individuals, sentient, robotic, and monsters. Killing doesn't represent a point for good or evil, the intention behind the action does.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:I know everyone keeps bringing this up, I'm just not sure whether or not to trust it to bail the girls out of this situation.

This. I want to think that the sword won't work for the reasons we have listed, but the Aku usage was evil manifested using the sword against a good samurai. The sword might work on Blossom just because Sam isn't "evil" enough.

Or the intentions behind the action are evil enough that it won't work.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:47 pm

I'm just imaging the face Buttercup will make a panel or two after the sword fails to hurt Blossom.

That's ofc if it doesn't.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby konata50 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:42 pm

now this is where i picture dramatic yet very horrific musical theme hopefully someone comes with their own heroic theme
or Bell joins buttercup by helping blossom either to keep Gir safe eitherway let us dance the dance of life....trying to speak differently....or the cold weathers getting to my brain
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby 49dra » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Hmm, maybe Buttercup will go super saiyan? :D

Postby The Creator » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Thank god Bleed's okay.

Wow, I actually called that Samantha would be holding Blossom hostage, so I was actually right for once. (high fives self)

But, I wonder, if Samantha knew of the swords capabilities is it possible for her to integrate her circuits into Blossom and then stab herself?
Would this hurt Blossom?
Or if she just went in front of Blossom and stabbed herself would the sword still miss Blossom? Can it partially solidify?

Then again, Samantha might just be chopping her own head off.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Drago2552 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Well we are so fucked now. Someone is going make a ruler34 of this. lol

Wait never mind Jack's sword can not harm good people. Also so glad Bleed is ok.

Postby gazfan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Thank god bleedman is okay(^∇^)

To be honest there are multiple possibilities to the outcome but I really dont think blossom is going to die. To be honest I personally think buttercup might die but thats highly unlikely.

Postby Shygirl » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:19 pm

AWWW shit! I can't wait for the next page!

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!