Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - NEW SPOTS OPEN!!!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - NEW SPOTS OPEN!!!)

Postby Scrambles » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:31 pm

I think the Mages Three are ready for an update.

Postby Ro Wong » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:29 pm

Arvashok: *reads post* Blasphemer! BURST INTO FLAMES! *snorts* No true Qunari looks happy... That bas is fake!
Last edited by Ro Wong on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demon of Elru

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:32 pm

I feel like I'm missing something o.o
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 pm

Scrambles wrote:I think the Mages Three are ready for an update.

M'kay. I'll get it .
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Zelosse » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:22 am

I see you're taking my road. I was so excited but then... it happened. Edited in later.

Postby aj_gatsz » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:11 am

Hi. It seems only 2 RPs are alive.
Is there still a spot free?

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:17 am

Yup. We're still open on that front. For a little while at least.

I'll get you some information in a little bit.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:52 am

Bleh. Done, finally.

Scrambles and Glacier, you guys are going to have to make your way to the King's "palace", or whatever the dwarves like o call it. I'm afraid I don't have many interesting things to happen until the King knows what you are after.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Scrambles » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:32 am

I shall leave that to the established leader of the group. Your cue Glacier.

Postby aj_gatsz » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:03 pm

Hmmm, I read glanced over some characters. And it seems Glacier's is very close to the one I had in mind. Anyway, I'll write down what I have in mind tomorrow, then we can adjust it the way, so it will fit the RP.

I hope to finish it ASAP. :)

Postby Sigmas » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Wonder what the status on Karo is right now.

Anyway, Scrambles, don't forget to move forward at the stables.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Scrambles » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Im working on it dont you worry.

Postby Sigmas » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:48 pm

Alrighty. Zel, you gonna post for Bill again, or leave that to BG?

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:03 am

aj_gatsz wrote:I hope to finish it ASAP. :)

Sounds great, man.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Zelosse » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:26 am

Gonna have to leave that up to BG for now. If he wants me to post again, or edit to better explain what he wanted done, than so be it.

Postby Sigmas » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:34 am

'Kay. Blood, I left a couple of questions regarding Azreal's situation in a PM. I'd appreciate an answer to them when you have the time.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby aj_gatsz » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:20 am

Ok this the first attempt.
It's still WIP, as Personality and History are still missing.

I'm not sure if it's too much. If the char seems overpowered, I would say to drop the Battle Mage -spec, and maybe some runes on the equipment. If something feels off about it, tell me and I'll reowork it.

--------------------------------------CS WIP---------------------------------------------

Name: Conor Swiftwind, aka “The Frozen”, aka “The Barbed Storm”

Race: High elf

Class: Arcane Warrior / Combat Mage

Affiliation:
Quel'Elhen/Rangers of the Arrow – Allied
Apostates - Friendly
Grey Wardens, Orzemar – Neutral
Chantry, Circle of Magi, Templar Order – Cautious
Dalish tribes – Hostile
Darkspawn – Eliminate on sight

Skills/magic/abilities:

Spells (favored, often used in bold):
Arcane
*Mastery: Arcane Bolt, Arcane Shield, Staff Focus, Arcane Mastery
Primal
*Fire: Flame Blast, Flaming Weapons
*Earth: Rock Armor
*Cold: Winter’s Grasp, Frost Weapons
Creation
*Healing: Heal
*Enchantments: Heroic Offense, Heroic Aura, Heroic Defense, Haste
Spirit
*Death: Walking Bomb, Death Syphon
*Telekinesis: Mind Blast, Force Field, Telekinetic Weapons

Arcane Warrior:
Combat Magic, Aura of Might, Shimmering Shield, Fade Shroud
Battlemage:
Draining Aura, Hand of Winter, Stoic, Elemental Chaos

Skills:
Basic Survival, Improved Herbalist, Master Combat Training, Expert Rune crafting, Expert Clarity

Fighting Style:
Conor mainly relies on Combat Magic sustained spells to boost his defense (Arcane Shield, Rock Armor, and Shimmering Shield) and his damage (Flaming Weapons, Haste, and Elemental Chaos). To replenish his life and mana consumed by some stronger spells he often uses Draining Aura and Death Siphon.

Appearance:
Conor is very high, even for a Quel'Elhen. With his 6 feet high, broad shoulders and
strong build he could easily pass for a human, if not for his long pointy ears. His eyes are the icy cold blue type, bordering on grey. His hair was jet-black originally, but it’s on the way on lightening as more and more grey strands are mixing into it. The hair is long and kept in a tail, what he places on the top of his head when he is wearing the helmet, for extra padding. His face lacks to tribal tattoos of the Dalish. On his left cheek there is a long pink, jagged scar reaching from his ear to his chin. His expression is mostly stern and silent; he looks at everybody like something to study.
The rest of his body is littered with all kind of scars as well, but it’s rarely on display at all. Despite being a mage he dresses like a warrior, wearing heavy armor, and wielding double swords instead of a staff.
His armor is made of Veridium, based on the ancient armor of the elves, but it is heavily modified. The braces and the plates on the upper arms are enforced, designed to block and deflect blows, instead of a shield. They are lined with hooks and barbs to hinder and trap enemy blades striking him. The shoulder plates are enlarged as well, and have a high collar circling around the neck for extra protection. The helmet is closed, covering the face, providing narrow but long slits for the eyes, to enable peripheral vision. The helmet is long and heavily padded inside, reaching almost to the shoulders. The intention of the design is that the helmet can move enough to touch the shoulder plates in case of a blow delivering some of the force to the shoulders instead of the neck taking the whole load. The whole design of the armor is dark, embroiled with thorned vines, and meant to scare the opponent.
On his side he wears two similar blades. His swords have a single edged blade of 2 feet. The blades are narrow at the tip, getting wider slowly, they are the widest around the 3/4 from the top, and getting thinner again quickly. The unsharped edge is enforced to be able to block enemy blows. The tips are designed to stab through heavy armor, while the blades are slightly barbed to tear into the flesh of a lightly armored opponent when cutting. Around the handle there is guard, almost covering the whole hand of the wielder. The handle is not aligned to the blade, but nicked slightly, enabling the wielder to put more force into a thrust.

Picture: Not 100% like this, but I got some inspiration from it. Inspiration

Starting equipment:
- “Thornhide” - Personalized Veridium armor (desc above), all pieces enchanted with Endurance Runes
- “The Twins” – Two Silverite swords (desc above), enchanted with Momentum Runes
- A single steel dagger for daily use
- Backpack with a bedroll, contains:
o A second order of common clothes
o Rags, weapon oil, sharpening stone to maintain armor and weapons
o Herbs, ointments, bandages to threat basic injuries
o 2 flasks of elf root potions (small health potion), 2 lirium potions, enough lirium and equipment to brew a 2 more potions
o food rations enough for one week (bread, cheese, dried meat)
o a skin of wine, and a canteen of water
o things you may need to survive in the woods, flint and steel to make fire, string, needle and thread, small metal bowl
- Money: Around 18 gold (16 gold coins, the rest in silver and copper)

History:
Conor was a young man blessed a strong connection to the fade, intelligence and a strong physic. He excelled in the most things he took part and was top of his class. But he was restless, eager and impatient like many people with talent. He was the type who wanted everything and wanted it right away.
Being well built, and having quite a knack for magic as well he was chosen to study among the Arcane Warriors, a newly formed elite branch of the Rangers, based on the ancient knowledge uncovered from the ruins of the long lost elven civilization. Conor excelled in his studies and was a fearless fighter, using his magical abilities to enhance his fast, passionate and sometimes even furious fighting style. He was almost unbeatable in melee combat.
At the young age of 34 he finished his studies, and entered the ranks of the Rangers. After six months of service his team encountered a group of dalish warriors along the border. A fight broke out, and Conor was in the midst of it, slashing out left and right, dancing in the midst of the enemy. The day was won, the dalish retreated, but Conor did not stop, as he was driven by bloodlust. As his comrades tried to stop him, he wound one of them seriously, before he was subdued. He suddenly started to shake and fell to a coma, as he was dragged into the Fade by a rage demon stalking him for years.
He stayed in come for days as he was battling the demon for control, the other mages imprisoning his body, ready to strike him down, in case he loses. Finally he won, but he left with scars. His rage and anger were gone, but his passion as well. His personality changed from the hot-headed and passionate to detached and cold. At this point he got the nickname „The Frozen” as his soul was said to frozen to ice.
Conor’s life changed substantially, as he has seen horror in store for him in the Fade what made him „run screaming, like a scared little girl”. He renounced his position among the rangers, and started his studies again as a novice. He spent another 30 years studying not only the way of the Arcane Warrior, but anything he was given a chance to learn. He sparred with warriors using different styles to refine his own, discussed with refugee apostates to study their ways, even craftsman to have weapons and armor better suited for him. He redesigned his weapons and armor, learned spells from renegade battle mages, what seemed to suite his close quarter’s approach of fights.
At the age of 65 he took up his position as a ranger again. He spent the last almost 20 years serving Revas’Thala. He was not member of any particular team. Sometimes he was sent on missions on his own, sometimes to aid another team. He was part of shock troops, acting as a spearhead charging the enemy lines, doing as much damage as possible, or serving as decoy; drawing enemy forces into a fight, while others moved in undetected to achieve the real goal.
He has seen a lot of fighting, lot of death. Served his people for almost 20 years, but things are about to change.

Personality:
He is calm, detached. He is rather thinking with his mind, than his heart. He is friendly, and courteous to others, but there is always a certain distance to him. He isn’t someone you would get attached to, who you would call a close or true friend. He tries to be humble, ask and value other people’s opinion. „I have seen the true face of Pride in the Fade... something I don’t not wish to witness again.” He is determined, thorough and loyal. Death doesn’t seem a big thing for him. He tries to avoid if possible, but he kills without hesitation if needed, or is able to leave a friend behind, if it would benefit on the greater scale. He does not speak much, but listens a lot. He does act friendly towards others, but doesn’t form close bounds with others. „I am not the center of a world; I am not a jewel on a crown, or a necklace. I am a tool like a dagger or a shield, and my value is according to that.”

Starting point: Revas’Thala

Theme song: Jeremy Smith - "Sentionauts" Link
Battle theme: Tron Legacy - Rinzler Link
Last edited by aj_gatsz on Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

Postby Sigmas » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:36 pm

I don't remember too much about Elves in Dragon Age, but I don't think they age so slowly that they could pass for being 30 in their 80s.

Also, rather than just list off a bunch of abilities, you should actually provide a description of how they are used (Like their effects on both your character and his opponents).

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Blood added high elves for the RP and said they had increased longevity. Twice that of humans. So...looking thirty at eighty might be okay.

Blood has final word on that, though.
Demon of Elru

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Ro Wong wrote:Blood added high elves for the RP and said they had increased longevity. Twice that of humans. So...looking thirty at eighty might be okay.

Yup. I did that so those less familiar with Dragon Age could have a bit more options in the game with your standard fantasy elf. And I personally hate the Dragon Age Elves for being short. It annoyed me the entire game.

I'd say look more like forty or so instead of thirty. Aragorn Conor should look about that old.

I'm going to think on the amount of spells your guy knows and has while you get the rest of the CS finished. The RP does have a level up function built into it (more of a mod really) in which after every quest, your character gains a new ability or skill, or upgrades a present one, and sometimes the quests will give the players bonus items. So starting out with a strong character, not a lot of room for growth. But the age of your character, it would make sense for him to know quite a bit of spells.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BG07 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:29 pm

Zelosse wrote:Gonna have to leave that up to BG for now. If he wants me to post again, or edit to better explain what he wanted done, than so be it.

I should be able to get back up to speed within a day or two, my busy schedule just freed up a ton of time

Postby Sigmas » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:14 pm

Sounds great. I've actually been eager to see how Airi's been doing for a while now.

EDIT: Azreal's made a mess in the garden.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Bad! *rolls up newspaper* Not on my sunflowers!
Demon of Elru

Postby aj_gatsz » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:21 am

Ok, I updated the CS.
Age changed from late 30's, to 40's.

When picking the spells I was basically building someone who relies on sustained buffs, to boost his close combat abilities. He wouldn't be casting in combat if possible. He would rely on large mana pool, and enhanced regeneration to uphold the spells burning the manna quickly.
A lot of spells I just picked, because they were on a lower tier of a desired spell in the game.

If it needs to be tooned down, I would suggest starting with the battle mage tree, and runes in the gear, maybe the rune making.

Anyway this is a first idea, if there are holes or suggestions to change, I'm quite flexible. :)

PS.: Any suggestions on the amount of starting money?

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:20 pm

With his age, it makes sense though to be skilled like that.

I'm going to approve it.

As for money, personally, I'd keep it less than 25 gold.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing