Chi's a weeaboo

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Chi's a weeaboo

Postby ari-6 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:59 am

I am going to go with inconsistency. I do not think they totally planned out her backstory from the start. Since I think we are all on the same page regarding the angel machine draining her so she is confined to a wheelchair. Rather than "It took her a really long time to learn how to walk". Although if I were to seriously consider that possibility, then I guess a possible explanation for why the closest to talking she came was "Ma" was because she never really learned how to speak. Unlikely but it's just a thought.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:24 am

Hm...limbo...
Where Billy be at?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby tonightscake » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Prancing with the Billy goats of limbo, what else?
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:16 am

ari-6 wrote:I am going to go with inconsistency. I do not think they totally planned out her backstory from the start. Since I think we are all on the same page regarding the angel machine draining her so she is confined to a wheelchair. Rather than "It took her a really long time to learn how to walk". Although if I were to seriously consider that possibility, then I guess a possible explanation for why the closest to talking she came was "Ma" was because she never really learned how to speak. Unlikely but it's just a thought.

well speaking from a physiological standpoint, the reason Mimi hardly ever spoke could be because she was isolated and never really associated with others her age. and it somewhat seemed from my perspective that she was treated more of a tool rather than a human being given the way how the general and dexter were talking.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby ari-6 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:07 pm

That would be the explanation I am more likely to agree with. I was just trying to come up with an alternative reason.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:12 pm

CrimsonCreed wrote:the reason

A likely reason.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:45 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:
CrimsonCreed wrote:the reason

A likely reason.

possibly, but the thing i would really like to know is, were some of these heros as ignorant as i first thought, as far as their willingness to do what is necessary goes? i mean i know when they were younger they wouldn't have thought out about a long term plan being put into motion but with Blossom, Dexter, and all about say what 16-20 years older? they would or should have seen something like this creeping up on them and could have possibly taken actions to prevent it, especially Dexter and if possible Raven. But then again we are talking about killing Mimi to save the lives of countless people and like the saying goes "don't mess with a mother's child, cuz that mother will come after your ass" and seeing as Blossom is the mother, yea i can understand why they wouldn't dare do it.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:10 am

I don't think they could've predicted the death toll, just the attack.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:24 pm

On that note, I've been wondered what is was that this "traitor" did. Sabotaging the system that Mimi plugged into had crossed my mind multiple times. Doing that would, as far as I know, severely cripple the Heroes ability to see an attack like that coming, which would have made them rather unprepared for whatever hit them.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:On that note, I've been wondered what is was that this "traitor" did. Sabotaging the system that Mimi plugged into had crossed my mind multiple times. Doing that would, as far as I know, severely cripple the Heroes ability to see an attack like that coming, which would have made them rather unprepared for whatever hit them.

same here, except i doubt Blossom did it mostly because she was somewhere else entirely or she was on the way. I'm sticking to my guess still that it's Bubbles because we know that she is the most caring when it comes to her sisters and the same could be said about her sisters kids, for this instance Mimi. I don't think she would do this on purpose unless she felt like Mimi was in pain when she was hooked up to Dexter's machine. Also we don't really know what Buttercup or Bubbles were like at that time so i am still assuming that they were still more or less like how they were when they were kids.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:44 am

Regardless of who or what they did, they all still died. Or went their separate ways. Without Megaville as a hub for the heroes, they would probably go back to where they were before coming here. That is if they survived any of the hellstrom that got unleashed on Megaville.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:39 am

imo, not that hard to create another beacon for heroes.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:38 am

I'd just be a stupid idea to create another Megaville.

"Well, we all got our asses kicked the last time we did this, lets do it again."

"Wait, wut?"

But yes, it would be really easy to create another Beacon City for heroes. I just don't think they would all want to do that. A few probably would and protect what is left of civilization, and the others would either wander or protect their own little pockets of survivors. I think of a "Fallout" kind of situation for some reason.

But as Mandalor pointed out, this depends on if any survived, let alone if any of humanity is still alive on Earth.

Postby Havoc » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Given what BR said, I think there are still people inhabiting the world of the living. One in which; is relevant to the plot. I'm dying to know what the world of the living is like. Who's left, what kinda condition it's in, and so on.

CrimsonCreed wrote:Also we don't really know what Buttercup or Bubbles were like at that time so i am still assuming that they were still more or less like how they were when they were kids.

I assume they would be a lot more mature, but like you said sorta the same. I think Buttercup would be more tamed, and Bubbles would be a bit smarter.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:32 pm

I guess the "living" world is crapsaccharine.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:37 pm

What's a crapsaccharine?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Havoc wrote:I assume they would be a lot more mature, but like you said sorta the same. I think Buttercup would be more tamed, and Bubbles would be a bit smarter.

Fuck that. I'd want to see the mental break downs of the decade.
Buttercup locks her emotions away, and Bubbles becomes a psychopathic slaughterer.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Havoc wrote:What's a crapsaccharine?
Sorry, i mixed up terms, i meant crapsack.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Havoc wrote:Given what BR said, I think there are still people inhabiting the world of the living. One in which; is relevant to the plot. I'm dying to know what the world of the living is like. Who's left, what kinda condition it's in, and so on.

I know. And I'm probably not helping. :3

Postby ari-6 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:12 pm

I am also really hoping for a "journey to the surface world" story line. I am just not sure where it would fit in with the whole war thing going on in the near future.

Unless it is a case of main characters go topside for whatever reason. War rages in hell during their time on the surface. Then after accomplishing whatever task, they return to find the place in an even worse state than when they left it.

So instead of showing the actual war, it would be showing the aftermath. That could be interesting, I think

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Yah, I can't deal with another year long story arc that drives absolutely nothing in the plot.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!