Memoirs of en evil overlord

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Memoirs of en evil overlord

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:07 pm

But the if the plan relied on Chi going to Grim Skull, then he's stupid.
If he planned that Chi would send someone to Grim Skull, I'd believe that.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:25 pm

I think he planned on Chi doing something stupid
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Assuming things won't get us anywhere :p
Damn, that was hypocritical.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Yes that was. I sated that i read Dungeons&Dragons Forgotten Realms(several comic pages ago); and the one race i can't stop referring to Him as is Drow. They make the crap that Mandy, Him, Aku, and the other lords plan look easy. They make plans with in plans relying on their other backstabbing drow's plans for stabbing them in the back. Even when they explain their plans to their daughters(men are slaves; everyone else do yourself a favor and kill yourself), their plans are still complicated and confusing as hell. And they always some how work, despite relying on completely unpredictable factors, like Chi and Minnie (she is a mental wreck right now).

So whole point is.....Him more than likely had several plans in case he failed like he epically did. So yes Him has planned this sh*t out, and Chi is playing her role in it perfectly. She found Jeff, got up to date with what Mimi and Jr went through( Minnie wasn't there for most of it with them), located Mimi's current location, and is going to continue with what Him planned. At least until she finds Mimi, face-to-face, and then stuff might change direction. But i am pretty sure Him will have already gotten what he wanted from Aku (and maybe Minnie, Chi, Jr, Mimi, and possible Mandy(doubt she will fall for anything))
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Only thing I theorized and want to see, is Him tossing Mimi away like trash.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:01 pm

That's why I'm saying that Him's plan, if it is a plan, is teetering on a massive Xanatos Gambit.

First, he'd have to bank on the idea that Chi, personally, would find a way to get out of Aku City to search for Mimi, specifically in the land of the Tainted.
From there, he has to hope that Jeff decides to spill the beans on just where Mimi ended up, which has happened.
And now, he has to hope that Chi, instead of coming back to Aku and telling him what happened, will go personally to Castle Grimskull (which, mind you, is in character for her at the moment), and get captured.
And from THERE he has to hope that Aku blames Mandy for this as some sort of kidnapping...which is actually probably the least ludicrous part of this whole plan. Aku doesn't know that Chi has had her powers awakened, so her just randomly turning up in Castle Grimskull would be ridiculous to imagine. Him can swing it that while Him and Aku were talking, Mandy captured Chi...still implausible, but depending on Aku's mood and the amount of sake he's had, it could drive him to action.

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:42 pm

It does not even need to go as perfectly as that for him to achieve the desired result.

I just thought, what if instead of going in person, Chi sent her cat to castle grimskull instead. It is smaller, more covert and if it were captured it presumably would not be as bad as if she had gone full body. The really hard part will be figuring out how to free Mimi once she gets there. But Chi does not strike me as the kind to think that far ahead.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:44 pm

I think she'd send someone, for w/e reason.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:30 pm

ari-6 wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:Well if "I can go through phones because I saw someone do it with a television in a horror movie almost 20 years ago" isn't a Mary Sue power, I don't know what is. :unsure:
She did not say she saw the video 20 years ago. She saw it on AkuTubeTM and I felt it was implied to be fairly recently considering she had been watching AkuTubeTM just moments before.

It was a reference to "The Ring" a horror movie made almost 20 years ago.
silvercover wrote: Birdofterror wrote:Chi has no weakness. None.

Except for the fact that she can not even use her power fully yet. And has not really been shown to have any other skills that would be of use in a fight.
"She's not at full power yet" is not a weakness, it's another strength. A promise that she will get EVEN stronger.

She has no weakness, I stand by that statement. She has shown time and time again that a quick temper is not a crutch- as she's able to rebound from it in various ways, even almost shooting Him in the head.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Cerulean » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:24 pm

It's not exactly fair to say that she doesn't have a weakness when she is still relatively new to the series. Especially when we have yet to see her in a real combat scenario.

As for any weaknesses that she could have, I'd say that recklessness and arrogance would be two that she currently possesses. She believed that she was so entitled to any information regarding Mimi that she challenged one of the seven rulers of the Underworld. I don't doubt that if Him really wanted to, then he would have hurt her badly. The supposed truce admittedly makes things a bit sticky since she was in her own realm (and Aku would have probably saved her before anything became too dangerous), but outside of that realm this trait is a definite weakness. This is especially true with regards to demons who don't care who your parents are (referring to the demons that attacked Minnie and Grim Jr earlier). It's also probably true with Mandy (and the other rulers of the other realms).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Birdofterror wrote:It was a reference to "The Ring" a horror movie made almost 20 years ago.

Birdofterror wrote: "I can go through phones because I saw someone do it with a television in a horror movie made almost 20 years ago"

Birdofterror wrote: "She's not at full power yet" is not a weakness, it's another strength. A promise that she will get EVEN stronger.
If it was a case of "I have only been fighting at 10% of my maximum power level" that might make her a mary sue but if she has powers but can't use them then that is a weakness. But if you want a weaksauce weakness then we could assume Jacks sword works on her.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:46 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Only thing I theorized and want to see, is Him tossing Mimi away like trash.

That i would not mind happening at all, but what about the Her essence in Mandy's vault. That thing has got to come into play here soon. Chi is going to the castle(most likely) to find Mimi, the essence made a heart for Minnie, Jr might precieve Chi as a threat to Mimi and try to retrieve the essence for her, and for all we know, all the kids could end up fighting/racing for the essence for multiple reasons.

food for thought
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Postby silvercover » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:29 am

^hmm I forgot to think about that. the one where junior attempts to protect mimi.

you know, that means its quite probable that the reverse of what most people have thought to happen between chi and junior encounter:
instead of chi challenging and attacking junior, its now likely that junior is the one to initiate it.

considering that chi doesnt know that junior and mimi have made proper contact, she may not assume anything that happened between them. at best she'll just blame him as another character hurting mimi(she'll just lump him with the entire grim family) so there's no personal vendetta there.
what's possible, is that she'll just try to get past him(assuming she has gone past some of the security/minnie). but junior will be thinking that chi is allied with him and thus be quite fierce.

so what happens now is that junior is the one who is causing the nonexistant conflict instead of chi as people have said. I would hope that in order to give chi in a more positive light.
Romance Expert

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:08 am

Dr. Mandalor wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:Only thing I theorized and want to see, is Him tossing Mimi away like trash.

That i would not mind happening at all, but what about the Her essence in Mandy's vault. That thing has got to come into play here soon. Chi is going to the castle(most likely) to find Mimi, the essence made a heart for Minnie, Jr might precieve Chi as a threat to Mimi and try to retrieve the essence for her, and for all we know, all the kids could end up fighting/racing for the essence for multiple reasons.

food for thought

The problem is that even if Mimi was in danger, I don't think Jr would ever let her be taken over by the Her essence again. Jr's whole thing is that he wants to save Mimi from the influence of Him, and to bring her back to being good. He is not going to resort immediately to giving Mimi back the Her essence, even if it would give her a power boost (since we don't know if Mimi is going to regain power of her telekinesis anytime soon). With Jr starting to get control of his Nergle powers, I could see it more being Jr versus Chi. And if Chi gets hurt in that battle, and Domingo were to report back...that could be just as influential in changing Aku's mind.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Are you sure that's Jr's motive? You seem awfully specific for something vague.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:09 pm

Where have you been BloodLord? We would have still been talking about this for another two pages since the thread kinda stopped.

Well where ever you've been, welcome back, missed your post, and another point of view on most topics.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:12 pm

He was busy.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Are you sure that's Jr's motive? You seem awfully specific for something vague.

Perhaps I am being too specific, but it would seem rather OOC for Junior to immediately give Mimi back the powers. He's seen just what the powers do, and knows that Mimi, on her own, is not evil. Why would he be so quick to put evil back into someone who's innocent, when he has the power now to at least try to protect her?

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:07 am

How does he know that? I've seen the demonic Mimi act nicer to him than her human side.

The only way I see Mimi getting her demon powers back is choosing it for herself.

Now, don't get me wrong with these questions. The only motive is seeing and understanding where you are coming from, so I can understand this better.

Hullo, Dr Mandalor. I was in Arizona, and the wifi I usually steal wasn't working.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:07 am

Demon Mimi nicer?
She pulled out his spinal cord o.o
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:42 am

Yes she did, but he is a reaper so it didn't hurt all that much. Plus he got a good view of her underwear right before Mimi used his body to kick his sister's but. But yeah i think the demon Mimi is a lot nicer than human Mimi. Human Mimi just seems more instinct survival than actually trying to be commutative/human/nice/whatever.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:12 am

I don't see the personality difference honestly. If she were a demon being held against her will, she'd be causing more damage.
Also, getting his spinal cord pulled out didn't hurt? He has bitching about Grim cutting him free, same with Mimi's bite.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:46 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Demon Mimi nicer?
She pulled out his spinal cord o.o

Shes done more nice things to Jr as a demon then a human. Saving his life as a demon vs using him as a chew toy as a human.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:51 am

Well the life saving is also a matter of ability.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:53 am

She still did it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!