Seeking Unintended Sororicide

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Seeking Unintended Sororicide

Postby Sigment » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:20 pm

Yup, he's the guy posting writer's comment's for the GT pages. I think I liked the story better when Grids was in charge of it, though.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I still believe Grim is there to prevent a death of a puff. One of the ppg killing the other would be ohh so perfect. Plus they were in pretty close proximity to each other in Dexter's last scan when the bomb went off. I believe Blossom's dot was ahead of Buttercup's dot. So Blossom might be carrying Buttercup.

If Grim does have to bring on Puff back to life, I assume it would have to be be sometime before the bomb goes off. Because if Samantha is anything to go by, then dead people don't show up on Dexter's scanner. But that's not to say Buttercup might be very near death by the time the bomb goes off, and Grim brings her back post-explosion.

I don't know about Blossom carrying Buttercup, they seem a little far apart. I like the idea of one Puff accidentally. It would create a lot of dark, juicy drama.

Blood Lord wrote:I don't know if Sam is in a coherent enough of a state to think that far a head and operate like that, but her physical appearance wouldn't justify her mental status, especially since she is more robotic than human. Probably taking advantage of the situation.

Look at Samantha's dialog. Doesn't it sound like she's just talking shit, in order to lure Blossom into the smoke screen?

YesterdaysLingo wrote:Well, I know someone already mentioned how Bell has a mask on, so I wonder if the extensive exposure ( or just exposure in general ) has a hallucinogenic effect to which they might begin seeing each other as Sam to where they'd begin to fight one another. With Sam agitating Blossom w/ the whole gonna kill buttercup jazz, I could see Blossom fight in a matter not to just incapacitate Sam but to quite possible kill her ( which is a stretch ( I guess )).
Buttercup is... Buttercup so she'll probably fight ruthlessly nonetheless...

idk

just trying to match the title...

The smoke having hallucinogenic properties, huh? If one Puff mistakenly kills another, they're gonna flip shit, that's for sure. Maybe even go into a homicidal rage. That would be fun.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:30 pm

The Creator wrote:I know, I know, but you can't deny that the two have some similarities (megaville called megaville, mandy and bubbles once friends). I am not saying that one will merge with the other but that they share some stuff in common and could share more in common. Like buttercup losing her eye.

Possible. Probably not here though.

We know that the two are linked ONLY in that there involves a split in the time stream that crated the GT and PPGD worlds. They are alternate universes of each other. Some events are similar, some might not be, some are defiantly not. The only clue that I care to remember about the split is that it occurred a long time ago and has something to do with Jack's back-story, which we will eventually get.

Havoc wrote:If Grim does have to bring on Puff back to life, I assume it would have to be be sometime before the bomb goes off.

I don't think he has to "bring her back to life", like with what Jr and Minnie went through, or even with Blossom. I think Grim can just prevent the wound from being fatal. Just instead of choosing to reap her, just pushes her back into the body. Few seconds should be all that takes.

Havoc wrote:I don't know about Blossom carrying Buttercup, they seem a little far apart.

I dunno. I haven't seen the page for a while, going straight off memory.

Havoc wrote:I like the idea of one Puff accidentally. It would create a lot of dark, juicy drama.

Yup.

Havoc wrote:Look at Samantha's dialog. Doesn't it sound like she's just talking shit, in order to lure Blossom into the smoke screen?

It does. It also looks like she's gone bat-shit crazy too.

Going with the wording of the update though, yeah. She is seeking a unintended sororicide.

Postby Havoc » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I don't think he has to "bring her back to life", like with what Jr and Minnie went through, or even with Blossom. I think Grim can just prevent the wound from being fatal. Just instead of choosing to reap her, just pushes her back into the body. Few seconds should be all that takes.

LOL You make overriding the laws of death sound like a simple household task.

So lets say Buttercup/Blossom gets a hole in there chest, or something, would the wound just regenerate itself? If Buttercup dies with Sam, I wonder if we'll see some sort of interaction between their disembodied souls?

Like I said, Buttercup might not be totally dead by the time the bomb goes off, she might be on the ground bleeding to death or something. After the bomb goes off, she slips away and Grim has to work his magic.

Blood Lord wrote:I dunno. I haven't seen the page for a while, going straight off memory.

Here's a refresher.

Blood Lord wrote:It does. It also looks like she's gone bat-shit crazy too.

Going with the wording of the update though, yeah. She is seeking a unintended sororicide.

I agree with you that she has gone completely bat-shit insane. But it still looks like she's just playing it up. Like she's just trying to provoke Blossom. I keep looking at the fifth panel on this page. It looks like Samantha's slipping away at the last moment (especially that "heheheheh...." she gives off). I'm also wondering about that "thing" that's dangling down. Isn't that the ropy appendage that Sam got once she lost her left arm?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Havoc wrote:LOL You make overriding the laws of death sound like a simple household task.

So lets say Buttercup/Blossom gets a hole in there chest, or something, would the wound just regenerate itself? If Buttercup dies with Sam, I wonder if we'll see some sort of interaction between their disembodied souls?

http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=24
Not to mention the entire Grim Adventure series itself.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:33 am

Blood Lord wrote:BR? Yeah. He does.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby ari-6 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:43 am

I don't get it. Is he having a stroke?
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:47 am

ZIP ZOP BIBBITY.
Tenshi Nova wrote:http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=24
Not to mention the entire Grim Adventure series itself.
That's an excellent point, but one fully explained by Grim's overriding factors. It's possible she could have killed herself if Grim wasn't expecting it and made a conscious decision to cancel it out. This is just pure speculation however, your point still stands and it's a pretty damn good one.
Havoc wrote:So lets say Buttercup/Blossom gets a hole in there chest, or something, would the wound just regenerate itself? If Buttercup dies with Sam, I wonder if we'll see some sort of interaction between their disembodied souls?
Well, something faintly like this already happened. Blossom was dead- DEAD, and only with convincing from Deedee did she manage to come back to life.

It is very possible that without Deedee's pleas, Blossom would have lied on that floor and the CPR would not have worked. Death in this universe seems to all be through Grim, all of them. If there were ever any exceptions, it would have to be limited to the Afterlife. He makes several claims in Grim Adventures that "Un-Dead" makes a mockery of his job and there's nothing he can do about that.

So every person in hell falls outside of his jurisdiction, while everyone outside of of hell falls within. There's not a single living person that dies without his say-so.

Now considering he's taking "Orders" from Naga, it's very VERY likely that everyone Naga wants to is going to survive whatever the coming explosion is.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby The Creator » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:50 pm

All this talk of Grim and keeping people alive, reminds me of that one episode in Billy and Mandy that introduced the lady that could beat Grim at everything, even his own job. From that ,she was able to live an unnatural amount of time.

So if anyone was to die good or bad, would it be possible for them to come back to life through sheer willpower?
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:19 am

ari-6 wrote:I don't get it. Is he having a stroke?

BeeAre is broken.

Birdofterror wrote:It is very possible that without Deedee's pleas, Blossom would have lied on that floor and the CPR would not have worked.

I think that's exactly what would have happened. Boy that would have been a Grim outcome (no pun intended). But it's sorta interesting to think how things would have played out. My question is; what did DeeDee say to Grim, in order to make him look the other way? Does it have to do with what's going on now, or even the GT/PpGD timeline separation?

Birdofterror wrote:If there were ever any exceptions, it would have to be limited to the Afterlife. He makes several claims in Grim Adventures that "Un-Dead" makes a mockery of his job and there's nothing he can do about that.

Run that one by me again?

Birdofterror wrote:So every person in hell falls outside of his jurisdiction, while everyone outside of of hell falls within. There's not a single living person that dies without his say-so.

I assumed that once a person dies, their soul becomes disembodied and Grim comes and collects them from there. If I had to guess how this works, I think once the hourglass goes down all the way, Grim has to assess the situation from there. Either collecting the soul, adding more sand to the hour glass, or granting the person immortality, and reviving the person without needing to add more sand. But that's all just speculation.

Birdofterror wrote:Now considering he's taking "Orders" from Naga, it's very VERY likely that everyone Naga wants to is going to survive whatever the coming explosion is.

I'm not so sure about this. I was kinda under the impression that the bomb wasn't lethal.

The Creator wrote:So if anyone was to die good or bad, would it be possible for them to come back to life through sheer willpower?

I sorta doubt it. I feel like there would have to be more at play than just "sheer willpower".
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:00 pm

The bomb isn't lethal. Just screws with time in some manner.

Although, there are ways to be hurt from a bomb that doesn't do physical damage.

Postby Havoc » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:13 am

How so?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 am

I suppose with a time bomb, you could literally wind up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Like a volcano as it's erupting. I don't think it's what Blood meant, but I'm just tossin' it in.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:53 am

Havoc wrote:How so?

The time bomb going off and affecting time wouldn't necessarily cause a physical damage to you, but alter you from being you. But I don't think the bomb is going to quite work out that way. If it does, then some should still have memories of time being "normal" or you'd be sitting with a bunch of people thinking things are right with the world.

That being said, I don't think Naga and the crew are there to stop the bomb. It think if it goes off, they won't be affected by it.

Postby Havoc » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:32 am

I remember someone brought up the idea of the bomb transporting Earth to a place that couldn't support life. However I think as we discussed before, Dr.X is looking to rule humanity, not wipe it out. I'm still not fully grasping of your "bomb altering people" theory, but it sounds really interesting. Care to explain more?

As for Naga and friends, I agree with you. I don't think they're there to stop the bomb, nor will they be effected by it. I kinda wonder if they're there to insure that the bomb will go off, or that they're gonna use this bomb to their advantage somehow.

Another thought about Jack's sword. We know it:

-Can be used by good to hurt evil.

-Can't be used by evil to hurt good.

-Can't be used by evil to hurt evil. (maybe)

But can it be used by good to hurt good, Unintentionally?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:15 am

This subject has been brought up before. Someone mentioned how Aku forced someone to attack Jack. The story followed the innocent guy, and Jack slayed him. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only stating what I remembered from the other thread, I don't actually remember the episode.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!