Thank you doggy! here's a treat. 8D
Gotta be quick- Internet's going in and out-PROLOGUE CHAPTER IS OUT!!!
"When I'm far away from home,
or maybe hard at play--
I know you will protect me
from harm along the way."
AHAHAHA! What happens when I put my mind to it~
PROLOGUE CHAPTER IS OUT! YIIIIISH!
Enjoy the happiness of this special header picture. Cuz they don't stay that happy for long.http://lgbroductions.deviantart.com/art ... -407651417
Links to the first page on deviant art. If you have an account you can comment on there- or just give a complete overview of the chapter on here. Don't mind. Just say something. You can comment on specific pages as well- so let it be known that spoilers start here.TERRIBLY SORRY GUYS but I didn't have time to put 'next' buttons. Just go to my gallery folder for 'Be My Angel' for now. But internets going in and out and I literally have ten minutes left of computer time before Mama beats me.
Prologue chapter of my marvelous first full doujinshi- starring the cast of Fairly Odd Parents it is 'Be My Angel!'
A wonderous story of the post-apocalyptic and the angsty adventures of survivors.
Basically 'Last of Us' with fairies.
Anyway- this is just the prologue chapter, so it's just showing us hoooooow the 'apocalypse' occured.
I've decided that I will storyboard the rest of the story before doing any more chapters. There will be six, including the prologue. All named after the stages of grief. They will be:
I can't guarantee yet the length of the chapters, but the prologue is 37 pages and I can only believe they'll be longer then that. When more is storyboarded I'll get back to you.
I'll probably post random refference sketches and irrelevent art that still suits the topic in the meantime. But I can promise that this will be the only comic I'll be focusing on. (I was going to do two at a time but soon found that drawing two different styles was a big no-no)
But yeah, it's gonna be my first big complete thing- (I doodled a one-chapter comic version of a fanfic me and my sister wrote five years ago, but you'll never see that unless it is used as a torture device in hell.) So I'm fully accepting tips, critiques, comments and questions. I liek 2 ramble.
And AS it is my first run through- it's really a tester and for practice. And I'm already certain in a few points I miff'd up royally. Here is my list of self-pity, complete with elaborate excuses.
Things I absolutely fucked up:
* Straight lines. You are 120% aware every time I didn't use a ruler.
* Circles. AHAHAHA. Speech bubbles are round? Idiot.
* Backgrounds. I tried my damnedest in the beginning. But apparently forgot that determination. There was a few week gap in the pages about halfway through where this happened.
* Overall style. During that two-week gap, I got rather good at a different drawing style I was going to use for the doujin's I'll be doing next. But wanted to keep the cutsy shojo-y style for the FOP doujin. When I started on the doujin again, the guidelines I carried over from practicing the other style clashed and I didn't think to test and make adjustments. I don't know if the difference is noticable- I tried to fix things when editing.
* The fucking scanner. My grandma bought it off a cousin for ten dollars. It's functional- EVEN IF I had to trim an inch off of all my pages to get them to fit inside. But they faded the black a bit upon scanning. It also only registers so much of the shading. Usually, I fix this by turning the brightness to the very bottom, but that would have made making touch-ups a pain. And wouldn't have made the difference it was worth. I'm happy as can be though.
* Wanda. Everything. Eyes, hair, bra type, shoe size. For some reason these all kept changing. Which is frustrating since her body type is the kind I like to draw. But that probably means I wasn't putting as much thought into it. And she's one of the characters that is most consistantly on camera.
* Jorgen. AHAHAHHAHA. WHAT IS THAT? IT'S A POTATO WITH BOOBS. AHAHAHAHA. And he was actually the ONE CHARACTER I practiced with. Meh. He'll probably look completely different when he shows up again later- oops.
ANYWAY. 8D So yeah. those are things I'm already aware are funky. but yeah-
Now, at this point, I'll be doing extras- the first chapter starts off ten years later guys! you'll only get to see sketches and doodles of Timmy and Poof, to keep spoilers. But here's what I'll do-
Do you guys wanna see a list of characters who won't be appearing? or characters that we'll be seeing again?
8D So other then that, I'll be storyboarding. Once the storyboarding is done I'll tell you guys and release preview snapshots of panels as I make them. Then I'll release whole chapters as they're completed.
Think that covors it. Have fun! 8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD *Spazz*
orz orz orz