Memoirs of en evil overlord

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Memoirs of en evil overlord

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Jesus, Tenshi. Clam down. But I'm still with you on the whole "not liking Chi thing". Some character development might help though, but I've never liked the spoiled princess type characters.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:06 am

didnt think someone would actually admit their dislike is due to pairing :eek:
you do understand thats quite an unfair way of judging a character, right?

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:41 am

silvercover wrote:didnt think someone would actually admit their dislike is due to pairing :eek:
I would have to agree with this guy here, Tenshi.

That said I probably hate Chi more than anyone here, mostly because of a bitter hateful contempt for people like her and the fact that her inclusion in the story was utterly unnecessary in every respectable definition of the word. Everything Chi brought to the table could very easily be explained and used through other means and characters.

If this character was so damned important, why wasn't she introduced earlier?

Oh- THAT'S RIGHT! Because she was made up one day and was slapped into the story with textbook Mary Sue powers and the whole bundle and stuck there ever since.

THAT SAID

Maybe a 'little' character development would make me hate her less.

Maybe.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:22 am

You people...barely know silver, so idc as much >.> But Bird? I expect more from one that's joined the Literature Contest :p

Tenshi Nova wrote:What's with the whole Jr x Mimi shit? No one fucking cares. Chi is hateful because she is annoying.

Honestly...idk how the the hell either of you actually got the exact opposite of what I was expressing...
Please, explain how you got that I was supporting Jr x Mimi, right after saying that no one fucking cares for it.
While doing so, add why you assumed I dislike her, based off of Jr x Mimi; even though I had stated I find her hateful, due to her being annoying...
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:38 am

Hey, I'm not saying not to hate her.

I hate her a lot myself. I just hate how hamfisted the obvious "THIS CHARACTER IS SPECIAL BECAUSE REASONS" forcing is.

You seem to hate her because she was shipped with Mimi. Or at least that's the vibe I'm getting.

I'm not too proud to admit I haven't read this entire thread. :roll:

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:11 am

I'm the one that specifically said to not bring in ships, because they have nothing to do with the discussion.
As he quoted man, I said she's hateful because she's annoying. Before that I said that the Jr x Mimi ship has no reason being here. I also said I didn't like Jr either.

Edit: Nope. I said I didn't like Junior in a different thread.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:16 am

silvercover wrote:didnt think someone would actually admit their dislike is due to pairing :eek:
I find this statement funny and ironic. Mainly because many people do it, especially in anime. Even myself, although it usually tends not to be the only reason I dislike a character, I would be lying if I said it was not part of it.

Also, Tenshi, when you do this :P is that the equivalent of pulling faces at people?
Last edited by ari-6 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:19 am

Yes, but that has no solid ground here :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:24 am

Birdofterror wrote:Oh- THAT'S RIGHT! Because she was made up one day and was slapped into the story with textbook Mary Sue powers and the whole bundle and stuck there ever since.
I do not really think she could be described as a mary sue just yet. Minnie could have been considered one at the start but that has since been fixed. Overall GT covers about the space of a week. It is not unbelievable that their could have been relevant characters that had not appeared yet. Quite the opposite to you, I feel it would have been worse if they decided never to introduce new characters. And before Chi, when was the last time a main character was introduced and not just another cameo?

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:44 am

Well if "I can go through phones because I saw someone do it with a television in a horror movie almost 20 years ago" isn't a Mary Sue power, I don't know what is. :unsure:

This character is trying to be everything at once. Impatient, catty, cute, distant, clingy, powerful, weak, headstrong, royal, tomboyish- all wrapped around the fact that this character needs Character progression and becomes wise, calm and collected?

Chi will be borderline Jesus at that point. Half Aku, Half Blossom, heiress to Hell and to be wed to a Half HIM, Half Blossom. A character that can't be beaten except by another Mary Sue. Chi is dangerous to the story and anything that makes her "more" than what she is now- I hate.

At least Mimi has boundaries. She has NO HANDS and is mentally fucked beyond repair.

Chi has no weakness. None.
Last edited by Birdofterror on Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bird oft Error

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:45 am

I believe the last time was when Mimi & Him showed up in Jeff's (surprisingly well furnished) home/cave. It is either that or i can't recall a dam thing right now

:zzz: i am still sleepy :zzz:
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:49 am

I just think they should have been way more subtle with Chi. They could've started with hyping an appearance of Aku's daughter before showing up out of nowhere with no hints at all beforehand, and while doing something else to the story that is more important.

Chi's weakness is jack's sword btw. I want the lil fucker die too.
Never anger a magician

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:21 am

I don't want her to die.
I feel like everything I said is being reiterated...
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:10 am

Birdofterror wrote:Well if "I can go through phones because I saw someone do it with a television in a horror movie almost 20 years ago" isn't a Mary Sue power, I don't know what is. :unsure:
She did not say she saw the video 20 years ago. She saw it on AkuTubeTM and I felt it was implied to be fairly recently considering she had been watching AkuTubeTM just moments before.

Birdofterror wrote:This character is trying to be everything at once. Impatient, catty, cute, distant, clingy, powerful, weak, headstrong, royal, tomboyish- all wrapped around the fact that this character needs Character progression and becomes wise, calm and collected?
A mary sue is a character who is depicted in the story to be pretty much perfect in every way and have no real flaws. Chi's obsession, I feel, is depicted in a way that makes her look very creepy (Like would collect hair or toenails creepy) and even the people in the comic (Except Aku and Mimi) find her downright annoying. Not really a mary sue.
Birdofterror wrote:Chi has no weakness. None.
Except for the fact that she can not even use her power fully yet. And has not really been shown to have any other skills that would be of use in a fight.

I just feel that people condemned the new character shortly after she showed up simply because she was not perfect. She has room for development and it is even implied that it is going to happen.

Postby silvercover » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:30 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:You people...barely know silver, so idc as much >.> But Bird? I expect more from one that's joined the Literature Contest :p

Tenshi Nova wrote:What's with the whole Jr x Mimi shit? No one fucking cares. Chi is hateful because she is annoying.

Honestly...idk how the the hell either of you actually got the exact opposite of what I was expressing...
Please, explain how you got that I was supporting Jr x Mimi, right after saying that no one fucking cares for it.
While doing so, add why you assumed I dislike her, based off of Jr x Mimi; even though I had stated I find her hateful, due to her being annoying...

hey dont look at me, I wasnt specifying you.
I was refering to dr. mandalor who specifically stated that he indeed dislikes chi cause he ships juniorXmimi. note that I didnt quote you. though I guess I should have quoted him then in this case...

@ari
I admit ive had some times where I am not fond of a character due to being an obstacle for my ship, heck im a very avid shipper. but when analyzing a character by itself, I disconnect myself from my bias and pairings in order to judge them fairly. I can accept a character to be good, but it doesnt make me like having them to be with my character.
also ive had pairings which im not fond with 1 of the characters, where im only accepting it because the other character that I like, is really showing loyalty and attachment to the character, so il accept the pairing for my character's sake.

also its funny, people start calling a character mary sue even when the character has shown obvious flaws and shortcomings. do you guys even know what mary sues are? or do you just understand that its a bad character type and thus label it to characters you dislike?
btw, has chi even really done anything bad, like at all really? all she has shown is that she loves mimi deeply and doesnt really care much about others. but does that mean she's cruel or evil to them? also we only saw her in this time where she's very anxious, perhaps in another time she wouldnt be this snappy/bratty.

one thing that I also notice in chi though, is that she doesnt seem to lie or at least put off a false image. id say she's like the reverse of minnie, someone who isnt trying to be someone else or force an image for acceptance. if I had to say, chi is what minnie would have been if she wasnt scared and hesitant about her desires and voice out her wants.
and from that, im drawing it out that chi is really quite competent and controlled in nature, if we take aside her interest in mimi. to take an image, lets look at all her "modelling" posters.

what I see there, is someone who can be serious if the situation calls for it. her images dont scream anything "fake"(like her smiley face is pretty natural) or show that chi is overconfident/smug/bratty, unlike how a certain princess villain from PGG.
this is why I dont expect her to fail "spectacularly" or be annoying as people here mostly think. she'll succeed, as in she'll find mimi with little to no trouble, but getting her out is another thing.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:55 am

I apologize for assuming then.

We're not saying Chi doesn't have room for improvement. We're saying that our opinions of her so far, is that she was a rushed character, who so far seems how we view.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Oh sure, even I agree with that one. But I feel that it is also a problem with the format. It would be hard to develop a character properly in weekly intervals of one page. Add to that that the writers of most of these things are not really experts or professionals. The main selling point for these comics is that they are drawn by Bleedman and sadly not the story

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:46 pm

That's what we're criticizing. ^.^
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:13 pm

Sorry but it is a little difficult to tell exactly what people are angry at when they simply refer to being annoyed with is Chi.

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Having caught up with GT, I figured I'd join in on a bit of the discussion (new here and all that, hi everyone)

Honestly...if this is all planned by Him, then it's one heck of a Xanatos Gambit he's playing right now. But in a way, it all sort of makes sense. Him has always been portrayed as a cool and collected villain, someone who uses the desires of others to reach his own goals. He knows all about the brashness of Chi and how much she cares for Mimi. So it's not that big a stretch to think he would expect Chi to take action when Mimi is mysteriously missing (yay alliteration). The only thing I have to question about all this is if Him knew that Chi's powers would awaken. It's unlikely that he would know...unless he was also banking on the fact that they would awaken due to her connection to Mimi. It's confusing, but there's enough there to make me think Him still has had this all planned. But this theory also explains why Him honestly wouldn't care if Mimi got to the hand or not. All he needs is for her last known whereabouts to be Castle Grimskull, so that Chi has her heading.

The big thing I got out of this page is the idea that Aku is so sure that Mandy won't break an apparent pact between the 7 Rulers. At this point Aku said that he isn't even an ally to Him, simply a friend. It will take something big happening to draw Aku into battle...and I sort of think it's going to end up being Chi entering Castle Grimskull. I wonder, we know she can travel through phones, can she travel through the Internet? After all, the Robo-Scythe stated to have Wi-fi. It'll be interesting to see just what happens.

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Hello Flames, welcome to the forum. I think you will fit in just fine.

As for what you said, it amazes me that people would doubt HIM is planning something. And I like your idea referencing that Scythe 2.0 has WiFi. Had completely forgotten about that. I too think Chi would reuse the same move again but on a larger scale to break into the castle.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:34 pm

His first plan that we've seen failed miserably.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Does not mean he would not have another better plan by now. You can't really call it a backup plan because he did fail miserably.

You are forgetting to say hi to someone I think. I thought you always say hello to new people because it fits your friendly image TUT TUT TUT

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi Ari.

Flames welcome :3. We don't bite often, enjoy your stay.

The fact he failed that one, and come up with another out the blue, that relies on Chi, is...unlikely...
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:48 pm

No it isn't. He wants Aku to get out of retirement and join his corner when a war kicks off. The best way to manipulate him into doing this involves Chi.

Hi Tenshi.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!