New GT: Memoirs of an evil overlord

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT: Memoirs of an evil overlord

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Quite the spam on a GT discussion page.
Even the Update sect has interesting conversation.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:31 pm

I'm a little curious why the blade looks so straight. Jack's sword has a curved katana blade last time I checked.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:25 am

I assume it was just an artistic error, a simple mistake.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:41 am

People here are crazy about that sword.

A simple artist's mistake will cause people to scream for blood. :evil:
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:21 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:I say Junior can't use the sword, but Minnie can. Why? I only have one thing backing me up.

Heaven sent an angel to retrieve her. The only thing that had stopped her from getting through the gates, was her need to protect her brother, and you know...the whole incest thing. I don't think the sword judges your personal opinions on love. Minnie didn't even shoot them when she wanted to. So the possibility that Mandy got someone to alter Jack's sword to look like the one on the cover, is completely plausible to me.

In short, Minnie has the best qualifications for the sword atm.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:24 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:I say Junior can't use the sword, but Minnie can. Why? I only have one thing backing me up.

Heaven sent an angel to retrieve her. The only thing that had stopped her from getting through the gates, was her need to protect her brother, and you know...the whole incest thing. I don't think the sword judges your personal opinions on love. Minnie didn't even shoot them when she wanted to. So the possibility that Mandy got someone to alter Jack's sword to look like the one on the cover, is completely plausible to me.

In short, Minnie has the best qualifications for the sword atm.

either that or my "Buttercup had a kid who was trained by Jack theory" but that is still one hell of a long shot.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:14 am

This Buttercup's child thing...does it mention that anywhere, or is it just a fan thing...
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:36 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:This Buttercup's child thing...does it mention that anywhere, or is it just a fan thing...

people are drawing it out from how she her looks really feel influenced by jack, but yeah its a fan thing.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:28 pm

The real problem I see with this is simply one of timing. In the "city of heroes" picture we saw in the flasback, Buttercup looks like she can't be more than in her late teens - early twenties (jack looks like he is 40, tops, in that picture, and since he was late 20's-early 30's when buttercup was 6 [assuming that the relative differences in ages between characters is more or less the same here as it is in PPGD] were talking about 10 years. Mimi looks around 12-13 now, and she looked about 6-8 when we saw here in the flashback which was AFTER the Citiesville destruction so that was presumably six or seven years ago. One has to assume that, even with Jack as a teacher, any kid would have to be at least 6-7 to be in any position to wield the sword effectively. So unless either 1. Buttercup had a kid at an extremely young age. 2. A LOT of time passed between the time when the characters were shown in the flashback and when Citisville was destroyed or 3. Jack survived the destruction and only died fairly recently (unlikey given the way Aku talks about him) there just doesn't seem to be enough TIME for Buttercup to have had a kid whom Jack could have trained enought to be able to make any use of the sword.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:The real problem I see with this is simply one of timing. In the "city of heroes" picture we saw in the flasback, Buttercup looks like she can't be more than in her late teens - early twenties (jack looks like he is 40, tops, in that picture, and since he was late 20's-early 30's when buttercup was 6 [assuming that the relative differences in ages between characters is more or less the same here as it is in PPGD] were talking about 10 years. Mimi looks around 12-13 now, and she looked about 6-8 when we saw here in the flashback which was AFTER the Citiesville destruction so that was presumably six or seven years ago. One has to assume that, even with Jack as a teacher, any kid would have to be at least 6-7 to be in any position to wield the sword effectively. So unless either 1. Buttercup had a kid at an extremely young age. 2. A LOT of time passed between the time when the characters were shown in the flashback and when Citisville was destroyed or 3. Jack survived the destruction and only died fairly recently (unlikey given the way Aku talks about him) there just doesn't seem to be enough TIME for Buttercup to have had a kid whom Jack could have trained enought to be able to make any use of the sword.

hmmm well one possibility could be that Jack trained Buttercup in his way's and style of combat and it was passed on to Buttercup and she could be passing it on her knowledge to someone who could effectively use the sword, unless some dumbass barges in, get in a fight with Aku and Him, get's his/her ass kicked, see's the sword and uses it on Aku in a last ditch effort and escapes with it
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:53 pm

I can see Buttercup having a kid with someone else, and passing down Jack's teachings.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:43 pm

It also occurs to me that I have been working on an assuption that may be erroneous; that the flashback pic has to show all of the characters AT THE SAME TIME. Given that it is just an image of a thought in Grim's mind, it could be a compendium image of the heroes who came to Citiesville over it's whole history. Jack may have been slain early in the war, and the sword taken then. Actually maybe the attack that killed Jack is the same one where Butter lost her eye (it occurs to me that a full on assault by Him or Aku is one of the few thing I can think of that might hold enough power to maim a PPG). As his protege, Butter then takes over the dual role of doing what she can to fill in for Jack as best she can and training a heir, who may or may not be her kid (it is actually sort of irrelevent, it could be her kid she trains but it doesn't have to be) who is fit to retrive and wield the sword (I am sort of thinking of the DBZ alternate Android history (the one future Trunks came from), where a now one armed Gohan has to train Trunks to defend himself the androids as best as he can while the time machine is built
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:59 pm

I feel like the idea of the heroes dying at different period of times was obvious. That picture was describing how Megaville thrived.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:04 pm

Please don't call Buttercup "Butter", it brings to mind Butters Stotch from South Park.

I like the idea of Buttercup training some worthy apprentice to fight using Jack's sword though. I think that works best. Like Harry Potter and Voldemort, one could say that early in the war around the time Jack would have been killed, Aku move to attack a child but the child survives thereby marking him as fate's chosen successor to wield Jack's sword.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:31 pm

Only problem I have is, Aku is talking as if the sword was retrieved after Jack's defeat.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:The real problem I see with this is simply one of timing. In the "city of heroes" picture we saw in the flasback, Buttercup looks like she can't be more than in her late teens - early twenties (jack looks like he is 40, tops, in that picture, and since he was late 20's-early 30's when buttercup was 6 [assuming that the relative differences in ages between characters is more or less the same here as it is in PPGD] were talking about 10 years.

Okay first off; Mon, you might want to try to breaking your posts down into paragraphs. It makes long posts a bit easier to digest.
Secondly I remember Grids saying that the events take place 20 years in the future, compared to the PpGD time frame. So buttercup would be in her 30's, and Jack would probably be in his 40's or 50's.

CrimsonCreed wrote:hmmm well one possibility could be that Jack trained Buttercup in his way's and style of combat and it was passed on to Buttercup and she could be passing it on her knowledge to someone who could effectively use the sword, unless some dumbass barges in, get in a fight with Aku and Him, get's his/her ass kicked, see's the sword and uses it on Aku in a last ditch effort and escapes with it

Going over that, You do know the sword is in Mandy's possession, and not Aku's, right?

Mercen-X wrote:I like the idea of Buttercup training some worthy apprentice to fight using Jack's sword though. I think that works best. Like Harry Potter and Voldemort, one could say that early in the war around the time Jack would have been killed, Aku move to attack a child but the child survives thereby marking him as fate's chosen successor to wield Jack's sword.

I really, really like the idea of Buttercup's child taking over as wielder of the sword. But a couple of other possibilities sprang to mind:

1) Clockwork takes the sword from the vault, and gives it to someone, as part of some shit involving fate (something to do with the underworld war). Clockwork could easily take that sword out of the vault.

2) I wonder if the Gods could just "whip-up another divine weapon?", and give it to this prodigy?

3) Other Jack (Jack A as I call him) could somehow plays a part in all of this.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:04 am

if blossom, who's essentially buttercup's triplet(along with bubbles) so same age, was able to have mimi, I dont see why its not that far off that buttercup could have had a child around the same time.
as tenshi said, the image was just to illustrate megaville at its peak, not how it was when it started to fall.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:28 am

I don't think anyone has had a problem with Buttercup having a child, it was just the thought of having them with Jack that was unappealing. At least, that's my opinion.

I'm still going under the assumption that Mandy gave the sword(modified) to Minnie. :3
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:05 am

I still think the problem with that is Minnie is still ready to try to kill junior with greater determination than last time.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:15 am

Kill Jr?
You mean kill Mimi?
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:34 am

Or that. She did almost try to kill them both that other time.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:22 am

Well, Jr could always regenerate. I think Minnie and Mandy knew that.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:31 am

Remember the chapter where him got Minnie to try to kill junior? Now imagine Minnie with Mimi's powers. Which would probably allow Him to have a greater influence over her.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:40 am

You didn't mention that before. :3
I love the idea. Minnie being going crazy again, "If I can't have you, no one can" mentality is so entertaining.

I wonder how the essence would affect Minnie's ability to use Jack's sword.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:16 am

I really liked your idea that MinnieHER would spam weapons. Maybe Jacks sword would be one in a whole arsenal of hero's weapons. I really feel depressed when we start talking about theoretical characters, because I like them so much I think of how disappointed I would be if they did not appear
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)