Obscuration Pattern: Smokey Whiffle

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Obscuration Pattern: Smokey Whiffle

Postby The Creator » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:41 pm

In this scenario there are three things that could put death out of a job:

The end of the world
The destruction of all mankind
the creation of a new reaper (maybe someone that will cause so much death that the powers that be switch this person out with grim)
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby silencermage » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:46 pm

I love this comic series its so amazing and nostalgic

Postby Havoc » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Indeed it is. Welcome to the forum.

The Creator wrote:In this scenario there are three things that could put death out of a job:

The end of the world
The destruction of all mankind
the creation of a new reaper (maybe someone that will cause so much death that the powers that be switch this person out with grim)

Isn't that first one and that second one, basically the same thing?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Second one could mean Humans die, but everything else is okay.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:09 pm

But isn't collecting human souls a shinigami's bread-and-butter? And about that third option; from what Naga said, it sounds like there's more than just one reaper out there.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Creator » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Well there was that one from mars.

When I say the end of mankind that means all of the human race dying which would take up most of Grim's job since he also collects animals. Without the humans Grim would barely have a job.

I the whole earth were to end perhaps reapers form other planets would get involved.
let me think about it

Postby IcyBoomer » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:56 am

I just think it either involves one of the girls making a mistake that causes them to trigger something.
Darkness is Light

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:05 am

Care to elaborate?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Yes IcyBoomer, what do you mean? Also, the way you worded that, it sounded like you had multiple options lined up.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:40 pm

And only named one.

You know, I kinda wanna try Naga's lines for this page. Might put it in that voiceover thread in the Bleed section.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:27 pm

I miss the people that started that.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:37 pm

IcyBoomer wrote:I just think it either involves one of the girls making a mistake that causes them to trigger something.

Only a single option at this point.

Pretty large shot in the dark too, but if you subtract the "either" you'll be shooting down my range.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby mimimandy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Jeez, I've been reading so much manga that I started reading from right to left and didn't understand shit of what was going on. Then I realized I was dumb ass halfway through. -_-
Anyway...I'm not too sure what's going on here. I get that Samantha is losing her cool and is probably going to die as a result, so that explains Grim, but why is Naga there with DeeDee? I don't understand what they're asking Grim to do for them.
Too Cool For the Bullshit

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:34 pm

Welcome to the club.

Right now there is a internal struggle amongst us with nearly everyone convinced that the three are there to save Sam for some unknown reason, and then me and like two people who think they are there to save one of the Puffs.

Grim is there because DeeDee and Naga asked him to be, but the question now one can seem to figure out is why the three are there.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:50 am

This page didn't really answer any of the questions that were brought about by the last page. I'm hoping the next page will remedy that, to some extent.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dusksama » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:55 am

and finally ive made an account. nice to meet you all and hope i dont break any rules somehow!!

as for this latest piece i think its a mix of both saving a puff and saving sams soul.kinda a chose your fate kinda thing. regardless of the bomb going off i think whose around in the aftermath is going to be determined here. since i believe the war of the soul is definitely talking about sam, but it will be during her actions taken on buttercup/blossom (hey both are injuried either can be the turning point)
from the shadow he watches.

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:26 am

Welcome. Welcome. Enjoy your time with us! :D

Whether they're here to save a Puff or not, I think the main purpose is still for Sam. All this internal conflict and Sam being the only one throwing away her humanity.

Thinks makes me wonder, would Grim count Jenny(XJ9) for one that has a soul?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby AnimeWannabe » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

I think Grim is there to save one of the Puffs, but he might say no to saving one of them. I mean he spared Blossom that one time as a favor to DeeDee, what if he says "I've done it once, I'm not doing it again."

Oh and I did the exact same thing, MimiMandy, for the last few pages-got me so messed up lol
I'm not crazy, my reality is just different from yours.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:45 pm

Havoc wrote:This page didn't really answer any of the questions that were brought about by the last page. I'm hoping the next page will remedy that, to some extent.

I'm not holding my breath. This comic has raised far more questions than answers.

We are still in the same place with that bomb; very little understanding of how it works and what it did.
Still a question on Jenny about her status in this mess.
Still a question on Naga about whose side he is supporting.
Sam's origins are still a mystery, as well as the extent of her robotics, though I would argue it to be complete.
Now we got this thing going with three representatives of divinity going after what and who?

And those are just the major ones that I could think of.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Sam's origins are still a mystery, as well as the extent of her robotics, though I would argue it to be complete.

Her origins as in how she wound up with the cluster?
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:49 pm

Yes. That seems to be a issue on a few people's minds. It would be a neat adventure to see at some point in time that isn't right now.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:55 am

I kinda see what you mean. A full back story would bog down this already slow going process. However, Naga's last line of dialog on this page, it sure as shit sounds like he's talking about Samantha. What else could he be referring to? (Fuck. This is a lot harder to do on phone.)
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I'm not holding my breath. This comic has raised far more questions than answers.

We are still in the same place with that bomb; very little understanding of how it works and what it did.
Still a question on Jenny about her status in this mess.
Still a question on Naga about whose side he is supporting.
Sam's origins are still a mystery, as well as the extent of her robotics, though I would argue it to be complete.
Now we got this thing going with three representatives of divinity going after what and who?

And those are just the major ones that I could think of.

Even Dr. X doesn't know what it does, although he said something about that future. And we also didn't get a lot of hints when it exploded on the moon.
Well, she acted as the portal to let the Cluster invade the science fair. But there seemed to be some other purpose too.
Yup. I would say Bell because of their meeting, but also the Puffs because of Dee Dee's presence.
I would love a backstory of how she joined the Cluster. Just as a break from the fighting.
They sure want to stay very vague.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Havoc wrote:I kinda see what you mean. A full back story would bog down this already slow going process. However, Naga's last line of dialog on this page, it sure as shit sounds like he's talking about Samantha. What else could he be referring to? (Fuck. This is a lot harder to do on phone.)

He (well, they; DeeDee, Grim, and Naga) were talking as if the person is going to have an internal conflict of some sorts. Sam doesn't look conflicted about anything right now. She wants Buttercup dead, or at least pay.

Which is taking it pretty far for a missing tooth.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Creator » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Well Samantha already is more robot than human, perhaps she has some fondness towards whatever of her is left. Like a teenager keeping a toy after they've outgrown the use of it.
let me think about it

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!