Cartoon Thread (Anything cartoon goes.)

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Cartoon Thread (Anything cartoon goes.)

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:30 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Why youtube?

cuz hasbro dont give shitz bout stugff posted there.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Its not a bad place to watch cartoons you miss, I can think of better though.

Postby Saint Soul » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:23 am

Dailymotion, the network sites...
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Maru » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Are we still talking about Ed Edd n Eddy?

Because this.

The 88 fingers are all for the fucks he doesn't give.   
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Exodis » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Haha that was an awesome moment. Another reason why Double-D was my favorite.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Exodis » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:02 am

With the exception of Adventure Time and Regular Show (some may disagree), what are some good NEW cartoons that are on right now? Or if there's any?
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:17 am

This is a good question. When you find out, I wish for some notification.

I've resorted to going back and watching Gundam Wing. Shit gets fucked up yo.

I've heard MLP is good, from the size of the thread in Bleedman, but haven't tried it yet. Don't know if I want to either.

Postby Exodis » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:22 am

Is Gundam Wing similar to the Gundam series? If so, i'll try it out! I already looked it up, and it is. A good show btw, cause I've already seen it! As for MLP... ehhh not really. Don't get me wrong I like shows with a girl-like atmosphere like PPG, Kim Possible, Sailor Moon, all those shows. But MLP... doesn't seem to interest me. Any other shows you/yall recommend?

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:33 am

Gundam Wing seems a little more darker to me than Gundam, imho. But still really good. It was the first Gundam series that I was exposed to. Gundam in general is good. I skipped the original series and moved into the 08th MS Team, not bad but a lot of Vietnam/Korea War influences. The newest gundam series is Gundam Unicorn which takes place in the same time line as the original, but like a hundred years after the first. I don't know much about it.

High School of the Dead isn't bad unless you mind fan service.

The new Thundercats (came out in 2011, I think) is pretty good. Completely reboots the series.

Avatar is always some good stuff to hit up. Personally I consider Avatar to be getting good at about half way through the second book. They are also starting up a new arc for the Legends of Korra.

Postby Exodis » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:39 am

Hmmm you're opinion on Gundam Wing is interesting. I will try it out!

I've heard about HOTD, I'll see what it is.

I've actually seen the new Thundercats and it's not that bad. Much darker and violent than the original series, but it's a good watch.

Avatar is still an awesome series. The Legend of Korra is a great follow-up to The Last Airbender, going into an Industrial Revolution era, which was very well done. Still hated the movie adaptation though.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun May 05, 2013 10:05 am

I think I may be a little late to this one, but I like animation as a whole so I thought I'd throw in my thoughts:

Out of all the new shows "Adventure Time" is probably my favorite since it comes the close to capturing what I thought was good about the shows from my childhood and its not afraid to be a little dark from time to time. Some of the humor reminds me of Gendy's and McCrackens days which is a plus for me. It strikes a good balance between maturity and immaturity while also bringing its own charm.
Also the Simon and Marcy episodes are absolutely brilliant which gives both those characters a now bitter sweet air about them that I think you'd need to have a heart of ice not to feel touched by it.

My all time favorite series is "Powerpuff Girls" and I could literally go on forever why I love that show so much, I'll be nice and spare you all from my fan crazy side. Most of what I draw these days is usually PPG related. Granted I draw them as tough chick tomboys, but to each his own.
I have a big affinity for both female characters and superheroes especially and I simply love PPG so much I have every episode and the movie. Also the amount of knowledge I have of the show itself may make me look like I'm obsessed. My defence though is that you don't spend almost 15 years watching something without knowing a lot about it.
My favorite episode of PPG is also probably its darkest, "Knock it Off" which is an episode about greed involving a character who by the end comes off looking even more evil than the villain Him.

I'm also a fan of "MLP: FIM", which is one of the nicest and positive shows I've ever seen on TV. Also what got me interested in it in the first place was that I'm a big McCracken fan and his wife Lauren Faust was in the lead on this show. I also found it interesting that Faust was out to make the female characters more 3-dimensional and actual interesting characters.

As for Regular Show, even though I wasn't that into it at first, the show has grown on me some. I find that I like the characters more and more as the show goes on. I also like how in one of the little plots that Rigby has actually grown to like Eileen, instead it being another one of those unrequited love for the sake of comedy things. I also how in terms of the relationships that it actually shows these characters hanging out and getting to know each other. And of course the over the top crazy stuff that has to happen in almost every episode is always fun. I've also been a little curious about when this show is actually dated, part of me feels like its the early 90s or late 80s.

And then there's the "Amazing World of Gumball" and I have a big soft spot for this show mainly because I actually find the Waterson family a great TV family. The main family is interesting and the show makes them feel like real characters and they provide much of the heart of the series in my opinion. I also really appreciate how this show didn't go out of its way to antagonize the parents like so many other shows have done. Its refreshing to see an family in a show like this that feels like they're a family and in a show as delightfully bonkers it helps to have characters who are fun to watch.

This has gotten a bit too long so I'll just end this here before I start to ramble. I'm a bit of an animation fan and I just wanted to share some. Hope I didn't up talking too long.

Anyways I'd figured I'd at least put a youtube AMV here so there's something interesting to look at other than a wall of words:

PPG - Farwell to Babylon:
Bark

Postby noxux » Sun May 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Many shows that I used to watch are already up there but some were mazinger z, mega XLR arnold and catdog
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed May 08, 2013 9:56 am

personally i so wish another PPG movie was made, maybe something like PPGD where the powerpuff girl are now in elementary school and have to move on from Townsville...
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby top gear tony » Wed May 08, 2013 10:06 am

I was kind of bummed to find out the awaited return of the Powerpuff Girls is a drastic change in the art style and it will probably be seriously toned down from ye old ones.

But there is a new CG moive on the way, or so I hear.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 12, 2013 1:24 am

Yeah, I hear ya. I was hoping that a redo would be a more "teen" oriented show. I hope that with many of the remakes that they do with the old shows that I watch. this is because I hope the company would want to reach out to the original audience that has aged and also attempt to get a newer generation in on it as well.

All well.

Postby Jasthn » Sat May 18, 2013 9:32 am

Any thoughts on this Teen Titans Go! Series? I haven't watched it, and I don't think I want to due to fear of my emitting tears of disappointment.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby top gear tony » Sat May 18, 2013 10:23 am

Don't watch it. I didn't heed the warning. It's a travesty, an utter fuckery to the original.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Jasthn » Sat May 18, 2013 11:11 am

When they first announced they would bring back Teen Titans, I thought they were going to continue where they left off, and maybe even bring back Terra from her stone body prison. If I recall, that's also what I recall reading, though that may have just been a rumor or a theory.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby OrangeBee » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:05 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote: an utter fuckery to the original.

That was based off the comic, the original one. TTG made Terra the way she was originally was. She hated the TT no matter what, so that's what they did. They made her the original way she was.

I can't wait for Steven Universe, looks good.
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:52 pm

Jasthn wrote:Any thoughts on this Teen Titans Go! Series? I haven't watched it, and I don't think I want to due to fear of my emitting tears of disappointment.

They won my respect for putting some hentai game logo on Raven's foot. Talked about it in Snafu General, but I can't remember where.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:24 am

I think it was the Newgrounds thread.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:02 am

Looking at the logo on Raven's boot thing from where I stand I have no idea if the creators did that on purpose or if it was a strange little accident. Neither one would surprise me. You wouldn't believe the shit they sneaked into PPG. Or maybe you would. We live in a funny world. As for the show Teen Titans Go itself. Its starting to grow on me. I did like how they made Terra a total bitch like she was in the original comics. Although in the comic Terra was waaay worse. She was an EVIL bitch.
I doubt there's ever going to be a plot point where we find out she and Slade are bumping ugly's like in the comics though. Yes that actually happened and yes Terra was 14 in the comics as well. And yes it is sketch as fuck.
Also they're going waay back with Robin, making him into a total tool like he was in the most earliest of early comics back when he was no better than a bullseye for the villains. Then again this one is actually a bit more competent than even that one was.
Bark

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:33 pm

I just watched Flashpoint Paradox. It was great. When is a superhero not a superhero? When he/she's an evil overlord bent on conquering or destroying the earth. Blood, pain, fear, death, and despair... sheesh. One fleeting hope that Flash can rally a small resistance to end this war before it ends the world... is quickly snuffed out. I had never seen Grifter in action (well, maybe... I think I saw something with him in it... WildCATS). It was great seeing Aquaman shown as one of the most powerful beings on the planet (alongside Wonder Woman and Superman). It probably would have been a boon to the Earth forces had Hal Jordan managed to become Green Lantern, but then we wouldn't get to have the fun of being jerked around. This movie kind of makes me want to read the comics. Almost...
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Jasthn » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:36 pm

The Batman is Flashpoint Paradox really hit a soft spot in me. Not just the Joker, but his line where it focuses on the Joker card "You'd be surprised the monsters this world produces" or something like that? That line really stuck with me.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:03 pm

The truth is an adhesive.

Jasthn wrote:Any thoughts on this Teen Titans Go!

I just recently watched a clip of it. It's not for me. (I don't watch any abridged series or the Rock Lee spots from Naruto either). I didn't realize how much I'd be impacted by the fact this show and BBAB replaced Young Justice. Of course, I hadn't really been watching Young Justice until recently when I obtained the full two seasons on DVD. Now I'm frankly just irritated.

There's a link to a petition in my sig (for anyone who cares) to bring the series back.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter