A Case Plead With Death

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: A Case Plead With Death

Postby Havoc » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:28 pm

It could be a possible reference. Looking at that Wiki, Azulongmon's Japanese name is "Seiryu", and the Guy who created Naga, went by the name of "Seiryuga".
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:59 pm

Actually, Havoc, Seiryū literally translates to "Blue Dragon" in English. The "ga" at the end of the creator of the OC's name just means "the". In other words, Seiryuga's name literally means "The Blue Dragon".
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Cerulean » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:00 pm

I think the Seiryu on Azulongmon's page was referring to the Azure Dragon of the East and not Azulongmon himself. Here's a screen cap of what I found on the Azure Dragon's wiki. (sigment was a bit faster than i was :p)

Also found this tidbit on the wiki:
n Japan, the Azure Dragon is one of the four guardian spirits of cities and is said to protect the city of Kyoto on the east. The west is protected by the White Tiger, the north is protected by the Black Tortoise, the south is protected by the Vermilion Bird, and the center is protected by the Yellow Dragon.

It reminded me of something Tenshi (I think) said before about how DeeDee may be a vicar of the west. In which case she would be a representative of the White Tiger (if true).

Also found this:
In the novel Shuo Tang Yanyi (Tales of the Tang Dynasty), the White Tiger's star is reincarnated as General Luo Cheng (羅成 / 罗成), who serves Li Shimin. The Azure Dragon's Star is reincarnated as General Shan Xiongxin (單雄信 / 单雄信), who serves Wang Shichong. The two generals are sworn brothers of Qin Shubao (秦叔寶 / 秦叔宝), Cheng Zhijie (程知節 / 程知节) and Yuchi Jingde (尉遲敬德 / 尉迟敬德). After death, their souls are said to possess heroes of the Tang and Liao dynasties, such as Xue Rengui (薛仁貴 / 薛仁贵) and He Suwen (郃苏文).

In other legends, the Tang Dynasty general Xue Rengui is said to be the reincarnation of the White Tiger's Star. While his archenemy, General He Suwen of the Liao Dynasty is said to be the reincarnation of the Azure Dragon's Star.

It made me wonder whether or not Naga could be The Azure Dragon reincarnated. (somehow).

Also, Welcome to the Forums thunderboltz, hope you enjoy your stay. Be sure to read the rules and have fun. c:
Last edited by Cerulean on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 pm

The four guardian spirits that Cerulean mentions were actually reinterpreted in the anime Yu Yu Hakusho as the four "Saint Beasts".

The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:02 am

Cerulean wrote:
n Japan, the Azure Dragon is one of the four guardian spirits of cities and is said to protect the city of Kyoto on the east. The west is protected by the White Tiger, the north is protected by the Black Tortoise, the south is protected by the Vermilion Bird, and the center is protected by the Yellow Dragon.

It reminded me of something Tenshi (I think) said before about how DeeDee may be a vicar of the west. In which case she would be a representative of the White Tiger (if true).

Very interesting. If this is true, that means there could be three other vicars involved somehow. The Black Tortoise, the Vermilion Bird, and the Yellow Dragon.

Cerulean wrote:
In the novel Shuo Tang Yanyi (Tales of the Tang Dynasty), the White Tiger's star is reincarnated as General Luo Cheng (羅成 / 罗成), who serves Li Shimin. The Azure Dragon's Star is reincarnated as General Shan Xiongxin (單雄信 / 单雄信), who serves Wang Shichong. The two generals are sworn brothers of Qin Shubao (秦叔寶 / 秦叔宝), Cheng Zhijie (程知節 / 程知节) and Yuchi Jingde (尉遲敬德 / 尉迟敬德). After death, their souls are said to possess heroes of the Tang and Liao dynasties, such as Xue Rengui (薛仁貴 / 薛仁贵) and He Suwen (郃苏文).

In other legends, the Tang Dynasty general Xue Rengui is said to be the reincarnation of the White Tiger's Star. While his archenemy, General He Suwen of the Liao Dynasty is said to be the reincarnation of the Azure Dragon's Star.

It made me wonder whether or not Naga could be The Azure Dragon reincarnated. (somehow).

Well, Naga said he was the "Divinely Chosen Proselyte of the Azure Dragon". Not sure what that means. Any thoughts on this?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:20 am

This is a breakdown that was done previously. Add in Divinely Chosen,and the possibility that he was chosen specifically as host for the Azure Dragon (if he is indeed a reincarnation of the Dragon) becomes available. Although the title of vicar doesn't seem to fit that theory quite well (unless he is representing himself or something (and would a God/Deity put himself at risk?)).

Naga Vicar of Resolution, Divinely Chosen Proselyte of the Great Azure Dragon and Heaven of the East
Naga wrote: Of Sanskrit and Hindi origin meaning Snake

Vicar wrote:a representative, deputy or substitute; anyone acting "in the person of" or agent for a superior (compare "vicarious" in the sense of "at second hand"). In this sense, the title is comparable to lieutenant

Resolution wrote:firm determination

proselyte wrote:a person who has converted from one opinion, religion, or party to another, esp. recently.

Azure Dragon wrote:The Azure Dragon is one of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations. It represents the east and the spring season.

"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:01 am

Havoc wrote:Very interesting. If this is true, that means there could be three other vicars involved somehow. The Black Tortoise, the Vermilion Bird, and the Yellow Dragon.

You forgot the White Tiger.

EDIT: A simple explanation for this was: I. Was. Tired.
Last edited by Sigment on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:15 am

Cerulean wrote:It reminded me of something Tenshi (I think) said before about how DeeDee may be a vicar of the west. In which case she would be a representative of the White Tiger (if true).

Indeed I did! :D Course I wasn't quite sure to place the White Tiger in the west hemisphere, or just leave his for the west part of the east hemisphere.

There's also the possibility that the spirits are limited/separated by the hemispheres, as a way to show how different some beliefs are.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby thunderboltz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:07 am

looks like I started quite a discussion here =D
I believe Naga was sent by the azure dragon for some reason we are yet to find out, and deedee was sent by ANOTHER god for another reason. So, long story short, I know nothing xD

Postby ghostman963 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:59 pm

i believe the main reason that DeeDee has returned is to convince grim to keep blossom alive because she doesnt want dexter going through another loss like that and also that because DeeDee was such a pure spirit she became a angel like Naga

Postby AgentNY003 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm a little confused on the theme there. What are Naga, Dee Dee and Grim doing in the middle of the action? And what does Dee Dee mean by "She makes a mistake"?
AgentNY

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Feel free to speculate, predict and read any of the other posts in any of the recent threads about the topic.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:52 pm

I think ghostman is hitting closer to the mark.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Don't you start being cryptic damn it. Blossom already had her second chance.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:01 pm

I said "closer", not "on" the mark.

I can't say anything if he actually did get it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:03 pm

You don't think it's Sam.
If it were one of the Puffs, then I don't see why Grim would need to be dragged here.
Gir? No touch my baby.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Well, if Grim is there to prevent a death that would have a reality changing effect on the universe...
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Grim would have to be present at the death either way. DeeDee and Naga asking him to come must mean his presence wasn't needed to begin with.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Unless it was to prevent the death.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:21 pm

There's no need for them to ask him to come, if someone was supposed to die, he'd already be there.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:28 pm

We've seen that death can occur without Grim being there, but placing a soul back into a body he's been there all the time.

So what if you need Grim there to ensure it doesn't happen...

You know, I'll just let you wait and see. But I'm pretty sure he isn't there for Sam. Seems really messy to be pulling all of these stunts out for a character that we know is going to die.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:30 pm

I see it as, he appeared for Blossom, so he would appear if any of the other Puffs were in danger.
That's one reason I think it's Sam focused.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Sam could play a part in it, but I think its one of the Puffs who are the central focus.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:52 pm

See, what I love about PpGD is that it's a bit harder to guess what happens next. With GT, the next page is usually pretty obvious. It's the specifics that people debate over. Here, there's that, as well as understanding just what they mean when they speak. Hell, before this page, we weren't even aware that these three were even there.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:42 am

Indeed. I feel like PpGD has been well thought out, where as GT feels like it been made up as it goes along.

I think Blord was right. It's kinda hard to make a proper prediction with this "third part" thrown into the mix. It has raised a lot more question, than answers.

Blood Lord wrote:Sam could play a part in it, but I think its one of the Puffs who are the central focus.

Like I said in the Bleed forum version of this page: Maybe the reason that DeeDee, and Naga are involved, is because this time bomb will greatly effect the future of humankind, and even the underworld to some extent? If this bomb is somehow related to the timeline split between GT and PpGD, then this could be why the Gods are involved.

I'm also wondering if Blossom could be some sort of "chosen one". Like maybe she's destined to shift the balance between good and evil, or something. I know that sounds a bit absurd, but it just a thought.

DeeDee also said that Naga wanted what Both She and Grim wanted. We have a few possibilities as to what DeeDee could want, but what could Grim hope to gain out of this?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!