My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:58 am

I'm confused as well. I got the same reply from him. I'm getting nervous-cited~

But if Pretty Fly didn't get a feature, it's cool. Getting an EqD feature isn't really the reason why I'm making these. ;)

I found this awesome videos of MLP cosplayers from glasmond.

I love the girl cosplaying Applejack and Pinkie Pie so much! She looks divine :3
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Dibullba » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:13 am

Regardless, if anybody deserves a bit of appreciation for animating something from MLP, it might as well be from a source animator regardless of the amount of experience. Despite the connection the fandom may have with the VAs, Writers, and so on. I always felt that the fandom has more of a connection to the animators than they realize. Though you will remain anonymous with a good reason, the least I can do knowing what you do is help you to get recognition in one form or another.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks, Dibulba, I appreciate the gesture and very grateful of it. TTwTT
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Grieffon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:54 am

@Kusang

I'll post a few gifs of it during high traffic hours on derpibooru, hopefully it will catch some attention. The video is great, it's just too few people knows about it. Ironic, considering you are one of the actual animators of the show.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:13 pm

...Is that true? Is Kusang an MLP animator?

Uh. Hello community leverage. I'll be pondering this one over for a while.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Don't too much. Remember that Kusang plays a delicate game being here; people who work on shows like MLP are EXPLICITLY prohibited from reading fan based material or participating in the fandom, for various legal reasons. Anyone figures out who Kusang is in real life, and he would be fired, and possibly sued for breach of contract. So there really isn't all that much community leverage, at least exploitable community leverage. I like Kusang being here, and want him to be free to stay here, incognito, for all of us to enjoy. Don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.
Speaking of animations, if anyone has a yen to do one of those Clip vids, it occurred to me that this oldie could make a nice one (possibly spike/rarity) I'd do it myself but I know literally NOTHING about how to do videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHtMP8Vwa2g (the song is actually Perry Como, but I think this version fits spike a little better (Como hesitates too much when he sings it)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:59 pm

@BeeAre:

What Mon-K just said.
I think it be best if you just let this one go, buddy. Things could end badly for our friend here.
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:26 pm

@ Kusang: That AJ was simply too much. Makes me sort of want to see AJ try and interact with technology, thinking everyone but her wouldn't have too much of an issue with it. At least not as much as her.

@ Mon: Wow, that's way too perfect of a song. Amazed no one's thought of using it yet for something.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:26 pm

I think it is likey that no one in the fandom knows it. We're talking about a song that's something like 60+ years old. I'm not saying there AREN'T any senior citizen bronies, but I doubt there are all that many. The only reason I know it is 1. I have a massive collection of old radio shows on MP3 disc. A few years ago I found a guy on ebay who had massive amounts of old radio (Including rare BBC, CBC, and NPR programs from the 60's-80's, which is why I was willing to pay for discs instead of going to the Museum of Television site and Radio and get it all for free) and 2. The Martin and Lewis show (which I didn't much care about), came on the same disc as The Mel Blanc show (which I wanted).
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Well it's more that it's Dean Martin than anything that confuses me about no one knowing about it, but seeing there's only one video about the song I can understand why now.
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:54 am

That's because that radio performance is probably the only time he ever SANG it. It's not one of his "stock" songs. It's part of the radio show; he had to sing a song every episode, and he couldn't recycle all that many or the audience would be bored. It's no different than Edgar Bergen (the ventriloquist) singing in Swedish he did that ONCE for the radio show and that was it. Somewhere on youtube there is clip of another episode of the show when Dean was singing a song called "Meanderin" which I wanted to look up other versions of (I was parodying and wanted to see if there were other verses) well, there ARE none (at least, not on youtube) that one clip from that one show is the ONLY presence it has.
Enough radio talk, back to ponies

Postby punzil504 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:32 am

The Sailor Pony comic updated... waiting on the English translation, though.

In the meantime, have some winning ponies, EQG style:

Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:58 am

BeeAre wrote:...Is that true? Is Kusang an MLP animator?

Uh. Hello community leverage. I'll be pondering this one over for a while.

Yeah, BeeAre, I worked on MLP for a season. I'm just one of the many animators who worked on the show. :]

I wish I was online the moment you asked this. Mon-kitsune made it sound so scary for me to post in this forum. :P

@ Kusang: That AJ was simply too much. Makes me sort of want to see AJ try and interact with technology, thinking everyone but her wouldn't have too much of an issue with it. At least not as much as her.

Now that makes a funny short.
Not-an-animator

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:25 am

Sorry about that, Kusang. I'm the son of two corporate lawyers; being scared about the power of civil law is part of my makeup.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:38 am

It's cool. I'm not really worried about it. I'm just enjoying the ride. :]

Now let us make ourselves smile with a Fluttershy video

Not-an-animator

Postby Grieffon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Happy birthday, FiM.

Postby Dibullba » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:26 pm

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:07 am

@ Grieffon: Wait wha- HOLY CRAP WHY WAS I NOT AWARE!? Tumblr, you have failed to inform me of MLP related current events.

ALSO, GUYS, ANYONE REMEMBER "WELCOME TO PONYVILLE"?!

Apparently since the attacks on Filly Gamez, they've been doing some work behind the scenes. And with it, the direction of "Welcome to Ponyville" is said to be going slightly off of what was originally planned. But looking at this, I'm not displeased.
An Optimist

Postby BeeAre » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:39 pm

You are not currently an animator?

We could host some kind of AMA, away from Reddit's clutches. Reddit as an aggregate site gets too much of the traffic with a poor format for discussion anyhoo. You have to search for questions and shit. Gross. :\

You would be a prototype, perhaps. Maybe. Mmm. It could be good.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Dibullba » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:42 pm

I believe he still is at the moment. Just that he is not assigned to MLP at the moment.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:59 am

Found this PMV interesting. And the english version is pretty neat too.
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:34 am

Would it be about time for someone to make a Mare Legacy Game?

@Beeare: Yeah, I'm still working as a Flash Animator but not working on ponies at the moment. I have a chance though.
Not-an-animator

Postby Dibullba » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:10 am

Time to drop 3 vids!!!
Cute:

Creepy:

I don't even:

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Fluffymixer makes the silliest videos.

If I need VAs in some short, where do you guys think I should be able to find people to check out?
Not-an-animator

Postby Dibullba » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:24 am

You can usually put up a video seeking auditions, otherwise certain people take commissions to playing parts like Rina-chan normally for parts with Twilight. Though if you do commission somebody, I would suggest trying to get Eilemonty as she is like Tara Strong 2.0. She literally mimics Bubbles voice proven in Double Rainboom and so much more.

Edit: Replace all names for faces with adorable... though I lost it with drunk fluttershy.

Edit2: Been a while since I heard this song.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)