Don't eat the fruit

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Don't eat the fruit

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:51 am

Or Chi would get mad at Him. I feel like everyone's putting too much attention on Mimi/Jr. This is all Him's fault, and Chi has already shown her hostility towards Him.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:55 am

considering chi doesnt seem to even attempt to get along with him yeah its possible she'll see that. once she's done getting mad at someone being close to mimi.
well admittedly as long as jeff doesnt mention junior and mimi getting friendly, chi wouldnt target him.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:01 am

Even if Jeff does, I feel Chi hating Him would be more appropriate.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:22 am

Chi hating HIM could maybe even put her on the same side as the protagonists.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Sigment » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:12 am

"Enemy of my enemy", huh? Interesting...
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby silvercover » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:27 am

ari-6 wrote:Chi hating HIM could maybe even put her on the same side as the protagonists.

if she's not already one of them.
personally I dont see her being one of the antagonists, just by looking at her character I can tell she's not going to end up being on the bad guys side. just from 2 pages ago, we could see that her first question to mimi was if she's alright, that shows how genuinely concerned she was. otherwise if she was that bad she would have been raging at mimi for not replying to her texts.

plus she's getting too much attention and focus for her to become a villain, or at least someone who wont be part of the good team eventually.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:14 pm

Currently Chi is a main character in the story but isn't part of the main club. She is important but is not really part of the club. However that can change in the future. I think Aku only helps him because they are friends for some time, I don't see Aku as a real villain in this comic (seeing as he already is retired).

But the thing I do wonder, is if HIM's claw has grown back or something like that. Aku might have helped him, there must be a way because Mimi also got claws (although it could have been the essence that gave her claws)
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Xi-1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Except that Mimi's claws also have detached. It's not like she was born with them, either. HIM, on the other claw, has been a red lobster-like demon as long as we've known about HIM. And his claw got cut off by a Redeemer armed with a Heaven's Blade. That has got to have a lasting effect, and the fact that HIM didn't regenerate the claw on his own is an indication of this.

Mimi will have no trouble at all convincing Chi that Junior is holding her against her will: all she has to do is keep on biting him. Oh, but if Junior can feed her a constant stream of muffins, then Chi will have words with him. In the way that Thor has words with others.
A Page Flipper

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:34 pm

I can definitely see Junior coaxing Mimi with muffins.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby The Creator » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:41 pm

is it possible Chi has the power of prophecy? Or some other power unique to her alone.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:43 pm

Nah, I don't think she's that powerful.

PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby MissTikilicious » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Oh my god! I have survived a week without cable or internet! Oh! How I have missed you Snafu forums!
Back on topic, Holy Crap things have been busy while I was gone.
Wow! Chi looks really good as a cat.
As much as I agree that Chi should get pissed at HIM, I still want her to try and break into Grim Castle so she can 'rescue' Mimi and somehow get in catfight with Minnie.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby silvercover » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:Currently Chi is a main character in the story but isn't part of the main club. She is important but is not really part of the club. However that can change in the future. I think Aku only helps him because they are friends for some time, I don't see Aku as a real villain in this comic (seeing as he already is retired).

not really, take minnie for example. she's more of a main character than a protagonist, as we dont see much of what her actions and thoughts except from the view of a someone else(protagonist junior). while chi is getting closer to protagonist as we're given her point of view already and its not malicious or anything(id say her rage and anger from before is just the typical tsun of a tsundere).

besides, not all characters only become protagonist once when they're on the same group. a couple of them can come from different locations and have coinciding goals(in this one, its protecting/helping mimi). take a song of ice and fire for example, hell even quite a couple of them are against each other. another id say would be to aru, touma, accel and shiage are on pretty much opposite sides but have coinciding goals to help people and save them from the darkness.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:55 pm

You should caps To Aru, so some ppl can tell it's an anime, not another name. Same with Song of Ice and Fire. <3

I agree tho, protagonists and antagonists, the titles are blurred for me. If they do bad things for good reasons, I still consider them protagonists.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:You should caps To Aru, so some ppl can tell it's an anime, not another name. Same with Song of Ice and Fire. <3

I agree, protagonists and antagonists, the titles are blurred for me. If they do bad things for good reasons, I still consider them protagonists.

Especially in a Song of Ice and Fire since some of the "antagonist" get the point of view for several instances. It usually results in making them a lesser villain though.

Well protagonist implies that he's our focus and point of view on things. While generally we're supposed to agree with them, but doesn't mean we have to like all that he thinks.

Take junior, pretty much early on we're already treated on how petty his jealousy is and how "bad" he can be(rejecting Minnie after being saved). as well as how he effectively caused much of the chaos.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Your post is an eye sore from hell. Make it look good, at least get your sentances connected together and not as paragraphs. It is a rule on the forum to have proper spelling and grammar.

Postby Heartless_dream » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:07 pm

When will the nxt one come out? If u can send me an email about a new page of Grimm tales. I freaking love it! I can't wait to see how it ends.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Be patient, the comic updates are irregular. Welcome by the way.

PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:00 pm

An email? Jesus fuck no, you can check yourself.

Postby Sigment » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:15 pm

First time a new guy's said that that I can remember. He was probably another person that thinks that Bleed visits the forums.

The Resident Smartass

Postby shadownerd221 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Such a great story Him told. Can't wait for the next page.

Postby Sigment » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Does shadownerd seriously think that everything that we've seen up to this point (including everything we've seen with Chi and Demo) was being told to Aku by Him?

The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:28 am

Maybe. I don't know what to make of such a block-headed comment. If this is the case, it's pretty fucking hilarious imo. LOL

Blood Lord wrote:An email? Jesus fuck no, you can check yourself.

For real. That's asking an awful lot from a bunch a people you just met.

But anyways, about the conversation with Chi's going against Him for Mimi: I'm not sure how much Chi knows about Mimi, and what Him does/has done to her, or if she even cares. I'm not even sure Chi knows Mimi is her half-sister. I kinda feel like Chi "itemizes" Mimi. Like she just sees Mimi as "her possession", like she entitled to her.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:10 am

ik some manga sites that email ppl whenever a manga under their list is updated. Maybe Heartless was reaching for his Dream :3
I stand by this pun.

I think Chi would know. Only things I have to go off of is...
Mimi's possible lock of hair from her.
The possibility that Chi has seen a picture of Mimi/Blossom.
I think Aku would've mentioned it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:04 am

Havoc wrote:But anyways, about the conversation with Chi's going against Him for Mimi: I'm not sure how much Chi knows about Mimi, and what Him does/has done to her, or if she even cares. I'm not even sure Chi knows Mimi is her half-sister. I kinda feel like Chi "itemizes" Mimi. Like she just sees Mimi as "her possession", like she entitled to her.

I disagree there.
as I already said, chi's first question to mimi was whether she was fine or not, instead of selfish things like "where the hell are you!?" or "why are you not calling me!?".

while we dont know how much chi does know about mimi, I reckon that she wont care with what she'll know and still continue loving mimi. also the sister thing isnt confirmed yet.

Postby ghostman963 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:54 pm

i am new to this forum stuff but grim tales is the best thing of all time i even love GT after birth but there has been one question thats on my mind and that is when are we gonna find out who grim jr. real dad is

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!