Call of Duty Vs. Battlefield

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Call of Duty Vs. Battlefield

Postby Sigment » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:41 am

Which side are you on? Personally I'm amazed that CoD has so much more popularity when, IMHO, Battlefield is a more realistic, detailed and challenging series. On this topic, where is your money going? CoD: Ghosts,or Battlefield 4? I know this is a heated subject for a lot of people, but let's try to keep this civil.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Re: Call of Duty Vs. Battlefield

Postby Exodis » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:44 am

Neither.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby noxux » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:31 pm

BF4 is more realistic and you don't die if they knife you in the foot, you have to cut they throat and is fun how proplr get angry in battlefield.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Brax4 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:43 pm

I haven't seen much of the new CoD. But judging by the trackrun, the Battlefield series seems superior. Larger areas, vehicles, and a lot of challenge.

CoD is kinda' fun when I played it, but I played random things, never the actual normal multiplayer, I normally ended up playing Sticks and Stones, or Zombies. Sticks and Stones is fun, a lot of fun. Zombies gets old for me real quick.

Judging based on multiplayer only, my vote goes for Battlefield. I never play the story in those games.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Asmodai » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Titanfall
Mephobiac

Postby Wulfespinndel » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:08 am

Asmodai wrote:Titanfall

LOL

I was actually going to consider saying that. And why aren't there female characters in BF4? I think it's nice they're adding females to CoD Ghosts.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:17 am

Asmodai wrote:Titanfall

I would prefer titanfall too. Considering that the developer consists of the majority of the original infinity ward employees and I think Its on the 360 as well as xbox one, so no useless extra spending.

I seriously wonder how cod fanboys react to see how much more attention this game could possibly get compared to cod.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm probably going to rock it out with CoD Ghosts. I just hope the multiplayer maps are better than MW3.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby KATS_Lion » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:30 pm

I am not much of a COD player. It's a Great game but I suck at it. I am normally last place when it comes to COD games ( to fast paced for me ) But when I play Battlefield games I am most the time around the top player. There is just so much more strategy and cunning involved in BF games that for me it beats Cod. But Cod IS a still a great game just not for me. So in short Battlefield 4.

Postby Saint Soul » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:36 am

COD has the best FPS engine.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:42 am

Umm... Both? Cod for xbox360, BF for xbox one...
The wait I feel will be worth it in the end.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Storm » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:46 pm

I grew up with the CoD series. Really wasn't into Treyarch's titles, and then there was the craziness that occurred with Activision and Infinity Ward, causing some key members to leave. Speaking of which, looking forward to Titanfall! Modern Warfare 3 was horrid, and I've since backed away from these shooters. Battlefield's massive destructible maps have always appealed to me, loved 1942. If I had to choose between Ghosts and BF4 right now, I'd be more interested in BF4.

I definitely feel like Ghosts will have a nicer story and tighter controls (loved CoD's gameplay), but I could care less about the story for these particular kind of games at this point. Whilst I'm not a big MP gamer, BF4 seems to be a nice pass-time.

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:48 pm

Seems like the most relevant thread to put this in.

North Carolina, where I am in, is hosting a CoD Ghosts opening day blind tournament for people with a $5 entrance fee. The rules are simple. Xbox and PS3 players all group together and play Free For All on random maps and the top 2 players from each side (Xbox/PS3) get free copies of Ghost. When I say free, I really mean $5 due to the entrance fee, but it's a good amount considering.

Custom builds are out of the question and against the rules, so I've been training for a couple of days, using only classic builds, not custom builds and playing Free For All nonstop, ONLY free for all. No team game types, no hardcore on Black Ops 2. I've systematically placed first in every game except one where I placed in second place, so from a numerical standpoint I am rather confident, but the concept of fighting people who 'probably' don't suck as much as the people I curbstomp sort of rattles me.

So I've been training non-stop and I'm kind of nervous. Two days until the Ghosts tournament. I just hope I can AT LEAST get second place. If not, well... At least I get to Play Ghosts early. 8)
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:46 pm

You were fighting twelve year olds on the internet. Now you are gonna need to take on peoples who are old enough to buy the game.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

I'll really have to step up my game. Play it like it's my last. There is a cool buffer behind me though, I can lose first place and still win. There is really no possible way to tell how good they are going to be... so I guess I'll see, won't I?

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:47 pm

Not everyone who plays CoD online is 12 years old. Your headset and Xbox have a mute functions, use it.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:55 pm

I've never played Battlefield before, except for "Bad Company". I've always played COD for the campaign, more than the online. The last COD I really got into, was Black Ops. I really enjoyed the story, and I even played the online a bit.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Insinuations aside, I came back from the tournament.

The matches were 1v1, not FFA like they said on the phone. They went to 60 kills and lasted 20 minutes a piece, there were no chairs. My legs grew weak after the first match, There were a total of four matches spread throughout several brackets.

The TVs weren't even separated. It was a battle of screenhopping and who could jump and shoot the fastest. I lost by exactly one point. Two people there were young, they were shot down in rounds one and two, the rest were peers. Good sports, sure, but it was a battle of who could control the spawn locations the longest.

Though this is starting to come out as an excuse. The entire thing was kind of a farce and I stopped having fun after round one. So, I lost. Technically came in second place, but contrary to what they told me one the phone, second place does not win a copy. The entire ordeal lasted about five hours, no chairs and rampant screenhopping. No enjoyment could be squeezed from that in the last 75% of the tournament.

So fucking tired. Going to bed.

Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 am

Sounds like a pretty terrible excuse for a tournament. That really sucks.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sigment » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:32 am

My friends always felt like most people who migrate from CoD to other shooters look like complete idiots when they also migrate their playstyles. Either that or complete assholes. No offense, Blood. I always imagine that you'd put thought into the way you'd play a game.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:15 am

I must concede to part of what you say, Sigment. When I started playing Battlefield Beta, I looked like a total casual. Which isn't saying much considering I was already playing CoD so I didn't really have a skilled resume as it was. :unsure:

I also played one of their betas on the Computer- the other one was on the Xbox, Maybe it was my computer or the poor optimization, but the game ran like garbage. I just can't get into the "Hyper Realistic" Battlefield games. They seem to sacrifice fun for realism.

At least in Ghosts I get to have an attack dog strapped with C-4. :eek:

Bird oft Error

Postby Sigment » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Birdofterror wrote:I just can't get into the "Hyper Realistic" Battlefield games. They seem to sacrifice fun for realism.

IMO, the single player is always a great way to get the hang of something like that. But yeah, bullet drop, environment destruction and huge map layouts are definitely something you're not used to when you drop in from CoD. On the upside, I don't have to worry about getting knifed in the back three times in a row.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Asmodai » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Battlefield? Realistic? Pff... Someone clearly has never touched an ARMA game.

In level of realism:

ARMA

Battlefield

COD
Mephobiac

Postby Sigment » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:00 pm

I said more realistic than CoD, which is not hard to pull off.

The Resident Smartass

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:18 pm

I just hate modern military shooters in general for their overly linear campaigns and terrible community. Therefore both Battlefield and CoD lose for being the reason creativity no longer being a virtue in game developing.
Blighttown is easy

Next

Return to Snafu Gaming