Hotspot

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Hotspot

Postby Sigment » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Blood Lord wrote:It's still there. I wouldn't be surprised if Chi can be in two places at once with this ability.

When you say that, Blood, do you mean that she hasn't been adversely affected by this little trick? Because he's asking if by sending this much of herself there, how much of her is left back home? I could've sworn I asked that at some point as well.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Guardian » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:38 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:It's still there. I wouldn't be surprised if Chi can be in two places at once with this ability.

When you say that, Blood, do you mean that she hasn't been adversely affected by this little trick? Because he's asking if by sending this much of herself there, how much of her is left back home? I could've sworn I asked that at some point as well.


It could have taken something out of her, but I don't think it as caused a negative effect. I don't think she sent all of herself over there, just enough to get something over there and let her see the place for herself.

The current condition of her main body would be interesting. It could still be functioning normally, standing up right and stuff, still her. It could also be locked into position waiting for Chi to return. But I also wouldn't be surprised if its lying on the floor right now. I would guess it would depend on what she can do with her soul/consciousness and if the cat really is her or not.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Vishock » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:45 pm

The only thing that makes me feel curious about this page it's the fact of how on earth a cellphone could transfer a physical object. Hell cellphone things I guess

Being without internet almost 3 weeks was worth it!
Image
Flaemis~
Flaemis
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:36 am
Location: Guarenas~
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Biocolor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:45 pm

I WANT TO PET THE KITTY!!!!!!!!!!
offline
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: you don't need to know
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Guardian » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 pm

I bet Mimi does all the time.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Exodis » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:05 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I bet Mimi does all the time.

If you know what I mean... B)
Image
I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Fighter
User avatar
online
 
Posts: 2203
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: City of Angels
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Yamitora1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:08 pm

ari-6 wrote:Just because Chi's skin is black, does not make her a black girl.Wait.
I just can not see it. When I think voice actors for Chi I try to think of other actors who have played psychotic stalker lesbians. There are plenty but I just can not picture it. There is actually a character I think of, I spoiled brat who is always yelling at her one minion, when I think of chi's voice. I just can not remember who it was. Maybe Tara strong?

I never said one word about Chi being black skinned, she's Asian not black. None of the examples I even listed pegged black characters, that was someone else.

Blood Lord wrote:Grey DeLisle (Azula from Avatar) would work well for Chi.


But Grey DeLisle is Mandy

Sigment Kurosai wrote:You sure she can pull of that level of crazy? My only impression of her is Daphne from Scooby-Doo. Anyone think Luci Christian (Medusa from Soul Eater) would make a good Mandy? Also, weird thought: Troy Baker as Dark Danny.


Carrie Savage would also make a good Chi, she can easily play brats. shame she's battling MS

Blood Lord wrote:Dark Danny consistently reminds me of Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z. when ever I read his lines in the comic, I instantly hear his voice.


Christopher R Sabat, the voice actor behind Piccalo, Yamcha, Kami, The Eternal Dragon from DBZ FUNimation Dub, Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist, and a huge list of other characters from other animes.

Then there is Brian Drummond who also played Vegeta in the first three secons before FUNimation got the rights back to dub the rest of the Friza arc in the US, and then eventually redub the first three seasons and movies. That English Dub is usually what the UK gets. Brian Drummond is the voice behind Ryuk from Death Note, Benny Black Lagoon, Zech Merquise Gundam Wing, Poncho PPGZ, Knuckles Sonic Underground and Eddie Brock/Venom Spiderman Unlimited.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:We talking original Vegeta or Kai?

Only a few voices changed in Kai, Vegeta kept his voice actor which was Christopher R Sabat, at least in the US version by FUNimation.
"If I corrupt you even a little, then I have done my Job."
Lover of Chaos
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 6:08 am
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby The Creator » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:38 pm

After reading this, I am starting to wonder what each of the characters in GT would look like as animals.

Hope Jeff and Demo talk some more, it just seems right.

Meanwhile at castle Grimskull.....
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Jamaica
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:38 am

Grim would probably be a skeleton dog, because Mandy controls his leash. Grim Jr I think would be a wolf without its skin, just bone and muscle(represents the negral demon). Minnie would be one of those unicorns from MLP. Mimi I think more resembles a dragonling(young dragon without wings), because she has/had red skin, claws, horns, kicked ass, and has a temper/behavior to match one. Him would be a bigass Great Red Dragon, for being Mimi's dad. Mandy i can't really think of a good animal for (please help). Chi we just saw as a cute kitty cat.

P.S this took me much longer than usual, because i kept thinking of My little Pony and Puppy people. Why the hell does everyone convert everything to Pony form? Some of the things the convert don't even seem possible and it still freaking works. They turned Evangelion Unit 1 into a unicorn and it still looked awesome in most of the pony pictures.
Spread a little Chaos
Image
Let Chaos Rule
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 pm
Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby ari-6 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:26 am

Blood Lord wrote:I bet Mimi does all the time.
When you typed this, did you remember Mimi has big metal lobster claws? Not that I am saying you are wrong, assuming this is not the first time Chi has turned into a cat, you are probably right. Turning into a cat and having Mimi pet her seems like something she would do. It is just, claws are not the most gentle of appendages.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3001
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:23 pm

I think only voice actors have to be chosen for the OC's because I assume all the other characters have their own actors from their original shows (unless someone passed away or something). Although I do think that some characters like Dexter (especially him) and Blossom should get other voice actors or in Blossom's case a somewhat older voice. Dexter is voiced by a woman and he's now an adult so...

So that means a voice for: Grim Jr., Minimandy, Mimi (kinda...), Chi, Junior's Nergal, and the random Skeleton Guard.

For Chi I think Jennifer Hale would be a good one (she also voices Numbuh 86, Sedusa, Ms. Keane and Princess Morbucks)
For Minnie I would go with Hyden Walch (voiced Penny from Chalkzone, Starfire and Princess Bubblegum)
Mimi only has a few lines but I think Tara Strong would be a good one for her.
And for Grim Jr. I would choose Jeremy Shada, who also voices Finn and I think their voices could match each other. And for his nergal I would either say a distorted version of Junior's voice or Terrance Stone who does the voice of Mayuri in the English dub of Bleach
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby ari-6 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Good call on Hyden Walch for Minnie I think. Maybe she could push it just a little younger but definitely her. When I think about it a few of Bubblegum's lines almost sound like they could be voiced by Minnie.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3001
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Sigment » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:I think only voice actors have to be chosen for the OC's because I assume all the other characters have their own actors from their original shows (unless someone passed away or something).
The idea of people reprising their roles sounds great, but the fact is that it's not very common. Usually one, maybe two characters may get the original voice actor, but all others are usually replaced by someone that sounds similar. That's not considering the fact that time has passed story-wise, and the original voice actors may not work for characters like Mandy and Nergal Jr. as adults (On that note, Liam O'Brien as Nergal Jr. would be interesting to see.)
Darkingdomhearts wrote:Although I do think that some characters like Dexter (especially him) and Blossom should get other voice actors or in Blossom's case a somewhat older voice. Dexter is voiced by a woman and he's now an adult so...
Since they are characters that are not part of the main plot, they likely would get someone different anyway.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby PeachyKeane » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:For Minnie I would go with Hyden Walch (voiced Penny from Chalkzone, Starfire and Princess Bubblegum)


I too, usually read the non-OC characters with their original voices, if not a slight variation of it (ex: deeper, more serious, etc.) in both GT and PPGD.

I really don't care for 'Which voice actor would voice who' conversations, even with OCs, as I don't put anyone's specific voice to them, just the voice in my head, and I prefer it that way. BUT with everyone speculating, I thought I'd give it a thought, and I came up with the same thing you did for Minnie before you posted that comment.

Starfire's voice actress.

I didn't post because I thought I would be thought of as silly, but the fact that you thought the same thing, I don't feel silly anymore! Cool, if not strange, cowinkydink.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:25 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Hotspot

Postby The Creator » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:37 pm

I wonder who the warriors or soldiers would be in this war.

So far I'm thinking:

The Skeleton Guards and pain for Mandy
Skulker (possibly) and the ghost drones for Walker
Random demons and lost souls for HIM
More random demons for Hunson Abadeer
demon soldiers for Aku

I hope there is a cameo of a much cooler Dave the Barbarian or a grown up Fang.

There is plenty of room for that and other cameos in the war especially in Aku's and HIM's army since most of them would be made up of dead cartoon characters.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Jamaica
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby ari-6 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Liam O'Brien would probably do a good job as Nergal Jr. I always just imagined him as Jeff Bennett though for some reason
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3001
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby The Creator » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:43 am

As long as he sounds similar to Johnny Bravo... I'm okay with it.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Jamaica
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Havoc » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:31 am

Darkingdomhearts wrote:I think only voice actors have to be chosen for the OC's because I assume all the other characters have their own actors from their original shows (unless someone passed away or something). Although I do think that some characters like Dexter (especially him) and Blossom should get other voice actors or in Blossom's case a somewhat older voice. Dexter is voiced by a woman and he's now an adult so.

I only put a new voice in place if:

-The character is significantly older in the comic, than they were in the show.

-If their old voice doesn't fit their new, more serious role/character.

-If it's an OC.

So yeah, more or less what you posted.

ari-6 wrote:Liam O'Brien would probably do a good job as Nergal Jr. I always just imagined him as Jeff Bennett though for some reason

Like I said, I imagine Dexter sounding like Liam O'Brien, with a robotic distortion. With Nergal Jr, I imagine Steve Blum's voice.

Darkingdomhearts wrote:For Minnie I would go with Hyden Walch (voiced Penny from Chalkzone, Starfire and Princess Bubblegum)

Hmmm...... Not a bad call. I could see her sounding like that. I might still go with Laura Bailey, but your suggestion sounds almost better.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:I suggested Bryce Papenbrook in a previous thread, and I believe that he would make a good Jr.

Oh yeah, I remember now. The problem is, in my mind, Bryce Papenbrook and Yuri Lowenthal, sound the pretty much the same.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Sigment » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:57 am

Havoc wrote:With Nergal Jr, I imagine Steve Blum's voice.

He tends to do the rough 'n tough types. Unless you were referring to his role as Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Havoc » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:06 am

Yes. More of the "Spike Spiegel" or "Roger Smith" kinda sound, was what I was getting at. I think that would fit him.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Sigment » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:19 am

Yeah, I could see him sounding like that. Although, right now I'm trying to figure out if J. Micheal Tatum would work for anyone in this cast.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:12 am

Havoc wrote:
Darkingdomhearts wrote:I think only voice actors have to be chosen for the OC's because I assume all the other characters have their own actors from their original shows (unless someone passed away or something). Although I do think that some characters like Dexter (especially him) and Blossom should get other voice actors or in Blossom's case a somewhat older voice. Dexter is voiced by a woman and he's now an adult so.

I only put a new voice in place if:

-The character is significantly older in the comic, than they were in the show.

-If their old voice doesn't fit their new, more serious role/character.

-If it's an OC.

But for example Mandy should stay with the same voice actor. Maybe letting Mandy sound even more serious and somewhat more seductive. And that voice is also needed in the flashback of young Mandy.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Sigment » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:03 pm

I'll agree with the flashback, but I cannot see Grey DeLisle as adult Mandy. I have trouble matching that voice with that character. 'Course that's just me. A link to a similar role she did might help me with that, but someone a bit deeper like Colleen Clinkenbeard is what I hear when I read her lines. Again, just me.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Guardian » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:18 pm

People can ad do voice more than one person in shows. It's not that impossible for people to be pulling double duty.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Hotspot

Postby Sigment » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:38 pm

That's not what I'm saying. I just can't picture adult Mandy sounding like that is all.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Harbinger and 4 guests