Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:26 am

So you're saying is... that the big console gaming manufacturers don't even care about the fact that in the next 20-30 years a lot of good games might be near impossible to play anymore? Despite how books and cinema treat their history and they're better for it? If they really want money that bad, why can't they re-release an avalanche of old titles every so often and rake in with little to no effort. Movies and books re-release titles all the time with little bonuses, but scarcely do I see the gaming industry try that for more than a dozen titles with advanced versions most often a few months after being made or compilations. Why only rely on downloads when they could be taking up space next to movie spots and maybe along the way getting some titles that didn't get enough love some attention through young and old gamers just passing by the sales rack. And it would also cut into the used gaming industry who monopolize on physical game copies you can't find anywhere else, where those that made the game won't see a cent back.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:35 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:So you're saying is... that the big console gaming manufacturers don't even care about the fact that in the next 20-30 years a lot of good games might be near impossible to play anymore?

You can answer this question yourself, based on what we've been discussing
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:15 am

I already knew the answer to that, yes. Could have worded it different, but yeah. It's sad how little care there is to preserving this medium's older work from the people who are making it. Doesn't feel like it'd be hard to make money off of doing so.
An Optimist

Postby Tuor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:39 am

Probably just more effort than they care to bother with
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:13 am

I wonder if those HD/collection re-releases have any effort put into them at all. The ones I've seen usually don't look it. Saw the KH HD 1.5 Remix and found a lot of promises unfulfilled. As well as the cutscene compilation for 358/2 Days not having any sort of buffer for when a boss fight or scripted battle occurs. Is it really THAT hard to add that much to something, since basically having a chance to cash in on a product you've already most likely sold the first time around to people who are going to buy it?
An Optimist

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:11 am

Halo Combat Evolved: Aniverserary had was a HD rerelease that had a huge package that contained Halo Reach's graphics engine, a multiplayer halo reach map pack, kinect and 3D support. This shit is what I want to see in rereleases, when they actually care about them.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:36 am

I saw kinect and instantly thought "don't care". But if what they added for those that bought it was decent, Halo fan or not, then that's cool. Seriously, it should be standard when you get a compilation to have a few nice little extras like you would for a movie/tv/anime series package, like added challenges or better loading times if it was an issue previously. Or at least some behind the scenes, concept art, etc.

Am I demanding too much, or does this make sense to anyone else?

EDIT: Excitement for the newest Persona 4 fighting game!

Also, some more Persona news includes a teaser site that is speculated to reveal news about P5 once the time and date are reached. EXCITEMENT!!!
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:22 am

Damn, I can't find my Halloween Avatar.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Jasthn » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Find a new one? Oh, try this.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/3U56gjiUbFM/0.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... w_Dash.jpg

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/pUTe_L-Coic/hqdefault.jpg

These are from the MLP Amnesia. Then again, there's always the chance at using the Pinkie Pie from Cupcakes. I might do that now that I think about it...
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Good fucking hell those are disturbing.

I like them.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Jasthn » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Of all people I thought you would have known of this lol. Pretty sure someone made a mod for of MLP characters and put them into Amnesia. I think those pics are fan art that spawned from the game or vise versa. Either way they work well for Halloween.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:22 pm

I'm unaware of a game, but I did see the videos and the Fluttershy art. But I've never seen the Rainbow Dash one and the last one, I'm guessing Rarity, I've seen with the mane altered as Applejack and Pinkie Pie.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Jasthn » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:30 pm

Last one is Pinkie. Besides, there's no horn. You're losing your grip, man.

I think Pewdiepie did the MLP mod game though? Could be an enjoyable way to kill some time for you.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Jasthn wrote:Last one is Pinkie. Besides, there's no horn. You're losing your grip, man.

Meh.

Jasthn wrote:I think Pewdiepie did the MLP mod game though?

I watched him do some sort of review that had a two minute quest thing in it, but that was about it.

EDIT: Found my Halloween avatar. It was in a different place on the google image search. Just have to do the calculations on the size.
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Calculations? Calculations are needed when choosing an avatar? Oh no, I should probably change mine before someone changes it for me.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:20 pm

The image I'm using is regularly a 554 by 597. The site only allows your avatar to be 150 x 150, but you can manually re-size your images on the site to allow larger images to be used as an avatar. Supposedly the site is suppose to do it by itself, but I've never had that happen with me. So to make the image in my avatar look right, I did some math on reducing the sides to the correct dimensions to still make it look like the original image and not all stretched out.
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Oh, I understand.

I just saw those pictures Jasthn (how do you pronounce this? I am sorry if that is actually your name) linked. I was both disturbed and interested. MLP Amnesia: A machine for ponies?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Exodis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Welp, got my Halloween avatar. B)
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Hiroko » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Welp indeed. 8|
Reminds me of those Pokemon creepypastas, pfft.
The Sentimental One

Postby Exodis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Hiroko wrote:Reminds me of those Pokemon creepypastas, pfft.

Funny you should say that...
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Kid

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:06 pm

TO SPAM!
Pokemon creepypasta? I must check, any specifically good ones?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Randori wrote:
Hiroko wrote:Reminds me of those Pokemon creepypastas, pfft.

Funny you should say that...

The one that comes to mind that I can remember the name of was "Pokemon Black." The one with the "Ghost" Pokemon in your party and something about killing your opponents before the Ghost turns on you or something? It's been a while since I read it.
The Sentimental One

Postby Jasthn » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:10 pm

ari-6 wrote:(how do you pronounce this? I am sorry if that is actually your name)

Oh my god we got our own Fluttershy. You sir, make me happy. If you really want to know though, I pronounce it like (jazz-thin). I don't think that matters though because I don't think I'll need to worry about you writing my name correctly vs. you trying to speak it.

ari-6 wrote:MLP Amnesia: A machine for ponies?

No, based off the first Amnesia game.

Tenshi Nova wrote:TO SPAM!

The Majora's Mask one is fairly interesting. Ben or something?
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Exodis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:11 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:TO SPAM!

Well there's Lavender Town Syndrome, Pokemon Black, Pokemon Lost Silver, etc. etc.

Edit: For my avatar I was gonna find some more, creepier images but... well, I just don't want to enter THAT part of the Internet...

The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:54 pm

Lavender Town Syndrome was weird.

Jasthn wrote:Oh my god we got our own Fluttershy. You sir, make me happy.

inorite? It's awesome.
Semper Vigilans

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter